MAJOR ACCOUNT HACKED

MAJOR ACCOUNT HACKED

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Sep 22, 2017, 07:1509/22/17
07/22/15

Devlin said:

Just to set the record straight, Frenzie isn't the marshal in Emperors and hasn't been for a while. Also, it's literally impossible for anyone but the marshal to make someone else the marshal. There's no way that someone could have hacked an account other than the marshal's and made someone else the marshal.

I've seen conflicting stories on this forum. Some say the marshal's account was hacked while others say Frenzie's account was hacked. Which account was supposedly hacked? I don't know about anyone else, but when I see posts with this sort of basic conflicts in the allegations I have to step back and ask where is the proof that any of the stories are true. I can't seem to find them here.

I've also heard rumors being circulated that The Rebels are somehow to blame for the hack, but again nobody has produced any basis for that scurrilous accusation. The theory is that The Rebels stood to gain from hacking Frenzie's account (or was it the marshal's, can't seem to remember) so they must have had something to do with it. The problem is that once again there isn't any proof, just the accusation. Since when do we condemn an entire league (or even some of the members of a league) based solely on an accusation without a shred of proof? If that's the way this works, I have nothing but contempt for the process.

when i see some one asking for proofs i tend to say guilty. there are ways to fix this and to know who did it, hope plarium do something to bring back emps as they were and to punish the person who did it, but i realy dont think a role back its the sulotion and more dont think plarium will make a role back, it would inpact on all the server actions, they could just with more work put all as it was.

best regards frenzie and all the emps . with out frenzie and emps this game wont be the same.
Sep 22, 2017, 07:3409/22/17
04/12/16
A statment from Plarium would bee nice at this point, since this effect the whole server. Why would anyone spend time or money on this game if all those leagues involved in the hack need to do is hire a hacker and destroy your league? Would love to hear them say that no one will benifitt from playing like this. This is criminal.
Sep 22, 2017, 08:2309/22/17
04/09/14
tissetass said:

A statment from Plarium would bee nice at this point, since this effect the whole server. Why would anyone spend time or money on this game if all those leagues involved in the hack need to do is hire a hacker and destroy your league? Would love to hear them say that no one will benifitt from playing like this. This is criminal.
If nothing is done, then players should look to boycott this game.
Sep 22, 2017, 08:3109/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 08:32(edited)
10/16/14
tissetass said:

This is obviously a criminal activity with the violation of Information and Technology with regards to though its added currency for the game purpose its also in criminal and in sick mind. As its seem that the hack done for the purpose so its also intention involved as the criminal activity due to hacking and damaging  league and there players with the whole server. As the server maintenance group should have to find it the hacker account with hacked  account and those did banned them and make a serious steps to alive the game and upgrade extra high gaming security also give them back what they lose for that hacking. 
Sep 22, 2017, 08:3209/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 08:59(edited)
10/31/14

First thing. 

I hope Frenzie is OK. She is one of the few players I respect in these game. As a former member of Emperor, and someone who knows Frenzie, I can honestly say that she is incapable of doing the crimes that the likes of DJ Moody has accused her of. No way will Frenzie kick players like Pierre out and promote a level 74 nobody into position of Marshal. 

As of now I am not sure if she was indeed hacked. But is VERY unlikely that she was cracked.

There are hackers in these game, and we know that. Master is one such hacker capable of making a level 64 castle pop-up in the game. 

There are also KNOWN vulnerability in the system, that even though were brought to Plarium attention. Plarium didn't fix them. Mehnslayer a Former Moderator have shown one such vulnerability, and how it could be used to hack and breach player privacy. The vulnerability, a biggest flow, in these game was never fix. In my estimates, it could take less than 5 min using menslayers leaks, plus a good cracker to hack any player, including even bots( which explain why they keep coming back).

There are bugs, that are so massive that they even crippled Plarium.com servers back in 2015. These bugs are still to be fixed. So with that said, account and server hacking are possible. 

These leads me to think that just MAYBE, Frenzie was hacked. Its possible to do it. I didn't think anyone will be interested hacking, given the nature of Plarium, and how they NEVER care. 

Who did it and what motives made him do it. Not sure. 

To come to think of it, there were other irregularities that I have noticed in Emps 
Sep 22, 2017, 08:4409/22/17
07/22/15

shame on master. every one stop buying from him till he tell us who hired him lol. 

sory my sence of humor in this so vulatil threath but couldnt resist 

Sep 22, 2017, 08:5209/22/17
11/27/14

Hey Alina,

Where are u?

We want to see fast actions.

Manage this issue because we are speaking of a lot of money here !

Frenzie is the best player on the server !
Sep 22, 2017, 08:5409/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 08:58(edited)
10/31/14
Lord Mark said:

Hey Alina,

Where are u?

Plarium CM is unlikely to comment on these issue. Unless if he/she is going to copy and paste a reply. Plarium doesn't care. If she/he makes a mistake in replying to these kind of question using his experience, and players lash out, she/he might be fired. We know that, we had 5 CM fired already since 2016
Sep 22, 2017, 09:0009/22/17
07/30/14

Lord Mark said:

Hey Alina,

Where are u?

Damn I thought I was.

Thanks for being honest with me
Sep 22, 2017, 09:1109/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 09:16(edited)
10/31/14

Sep 22, 2017, 09:1109/22/17

Well if she was indeed hacked I doubt you can rely on Plarium for any substantial support. They have failed for years now to fix minor issues in this game, I would be shocked if they even attempt to remedy a situation this outrageous....If they can turn their back on a Champion player like Frenzie it doesn't bode well for the rest of us

Plarium be advised once again you are officially under the microscope....as if they gave a sh.. 
Sep 22, 2017, 09:4009/22/17
07/25/15

You guys would never surive in a game such as EVE-Online :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEO-Gc-VKV4

To claim you been hacked is ridicilous. To claim someone hacked your email account with the purpose to gain access to your Plarium account is even more so. 

The definition of hacking used is just laughable. 

The person exposed their login details one way or the other. Registered on some forum, site, ts, ventrilo, WHATEVER using same psw as his/hers Plarium account, mail account etc. The number of people that use the same password all over the place is baffeling.

Looking at Stormfall and Plarium as whole. The likelyhood as this is a side effect of account sharing, allow someone to babysit your account etc, is much more likely. At most, maybe someone managed to plant a keylogger on your computer, but that would have required for you to accept and run a file of sorts.

In the words of Lemmy, its time to play the game. A part of the higher end meta game is to screw over everyone, and there is no secret this happen. Planting spies, try to create mayhem and destruction on your enemies. See someone manage, I applaude.... Does that make me a bad person? Shrugs. Its what happens afterwards that measure up to what is good players or not. 

Sep 22, 2017, 10:0609/22/17
04/17/16

I wonder if we dont loose the most important thing here: going over hacking or not hacking Frenzie's account, somebody destroyed many players game , using a cheating way. I think none of us would be happy to see that could happend to him, so this is what plarium should check and solve, in a very drastic mode. 

Let remember that at the end of the day is a game, where suppose to have fun, and haveing this kind of players here, who could destroy our game is totaly wrong.

I would like to know how all those who said that was a mistake from Frenzie, will react if theyr game would be destroyed by a cheater, who hacked, cracked, or how you want to say, theyr marshall account. And then we will see if the "spirit of justice" will be so present in theyr statements.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:1609/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 10:22(edited)
10/31/14

Frenzie got her account back

I run all checks, particularly word construction checks and verified that the person I was communicating with was indeed Frenzie( it took me a while to gather this info)

Frenzie managed to get her account back. And is using it. 

What is left now is for the hacker to return the marshal position back. 

Players who got kicked out in the process of the hacks can now re-join Emperors.  Entry by mail has been temporarily turned off. We are not sure what these people are after. 

So forum communique should be kept to minimum.

So to ''ex'' re-join Emperors. and initiate operation takeback. 

Sep 22, 2017, 10:1709/22/17
07/25/15

OCTAVIAN said:

I wonder if we dont loose the most important thing here: going over hacking or not hacking Frenzie's account, somebody destroyed many players game , using a cheating way. I think none of us would be happy to see that could happend to him, so this is what plarium should check and solve, in a very drastic mode. 

Let remember that at the end of the day is a game, where suppose to have fun, and haveing this kind of players here, who could destroy our game is totaly wrong.

I would like to know how all those who said that was a mistake from Frenzie, will react if theyr game would be destroyed by a cheater, who hacked, cracked, or how you want to say, theyr marshall account. And then we will see if the "spirit of justice" will be so present in theyr statements.

Well, I tried to advocate for better vetting process of let players into a league in the suggestion thread, I got gunned down by the CM's that this was not something Plarium was interested in. So I would say what happens is all fine by Plarium and how the game can be played.

There is the game, and there is the "meta" game behind. The meta game can be nasty, spying, plotting, and so forth behind the scenes. If your ultimate goal is to destroy your enemy, then the way you achieve it means nothing if you accomplish the goal. OP success right? I know it make me cynical, but it is what it is.

Sep 22, 2017, 10:2609/22/17
03/01/15

I was at work when whatever went down happened.  What I can say is I have reports showing the majority of the league either left or was booted.  The page limit made it impossible to see everything that happened, but the sabotage is evident just from the reports I can see.  I can also see a lot of rank changes and a new marshal in place.  I sent screenshots of these reports to Plarium in case they are any help in their investigation.

Since I was not one of the players kicked, I lost a lot of troops when the fortress was downgraded.  Perhaps Plarium will restore them since its a consequence of this malicious action or perhaps not.  They may deem it losses due to normal gameplay since my account was not compromised; I was just hosed by the sabotage. 

I have screenshots of the attacks on the fort, so I know the names of the players who took advantage of this sabotage.  I do not know if they were more deeply involved (working with the person who sabotaged the league) or just opportunists hitting the fortress when they saw it was weak.  I can say my reports show no spy attempts on fort, although there are ways to find things out that do not involve sending spy units.  I sent the screenshots to Plarium along with my ticket; let Plarium sort it out.

Hopefully Plarium will make good.  A lot of players were hurt by this and I suspect a lot of players are watching to see how Plarium handles this.  If players do not feel that their accounts are reasonably protected against malicious activity (referring to hacking, sabotage, and cheating, not normal gameplay), then Plarium may find a lot of paying customers leaving.

Regardless, even with my defense taking a huge hit, I still have a healthy offense and am not quitting the game.  How Plarium responds to this issue may impact my already low spending, but I will not let this cowardly sabotage drive me from the game.

@DJMoody- I agree with you on account sharing.  It is a dumb thing to do and those who get burned when sharing accts, while it sucks for them, have no recourse per ToS.  It is my understanding this account compromise was due to the email being compromised and that email being used to gain unauthorized access. I have not heard details on how the email was compromised, but it does not sound like this was account sharing gone wrong.

Sep 22, 2017, 10:4309/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 10:44(edited)
07/25/15

Red said:

@DJMoody- I agree with you on account sharing.  It is a dumb thing to do and those who get burned when sharing accts, while it sucks for them, have no recourse per ToS.  It is my understanding this account compromise was due to the email being compromised and that email being used to gain unauthorized access. I have not heard details on how the email was compromised, but it does not sound like this was account sharing gone wrong.

For someone to "brute hack" into your email provider to gain access to your email account is not likely. 

For a player to register at your guilds forum, or voice chat server, or whatever else of tools and resources used. With email address and use same psw you might use for your email, is a risk exposure. Your account security in the sense of keep your email login and psw secure comes down to personal responsibilty. If you reckless and bad things happens, well you can only blame yourself. When bad things happen and a lot of players get affected, its tempting to shout foul play and have someone wave a magic wand to fix it. That is like put a bandage on a gashing wound and think it all fixed. Things like this is what players should learn from. 

Gaining entry to the inner cicle in a guild to tear it down by any means possible in a pvp oriented game. I see no wrong in doing that. If someone succeed its because someone let it happen. 

Sep 22, 2017, 10:4709/22/17
01/21/15

So Red, everything comes down to spending?

You can share accounts and have the benefits but cannot handle the fallout if someone may have miss-handled the responsibilities they undertook? 

Due to quitting i gave this account to Frenzie under the pre-tense that she was not allowed to hit my league  (Destiny) with it, but she could have fun and use it up as she wanted.  Within a week i found out that my 50M offense was used to hit Destiny beacon during the carnage event. So i asked for it back and she was a bit reluctant... So i tried to recover the account and Plarium said it was my fault (which i accept) and there was nothing i could do. I guess it was because i didn't spend money on saphires and my 50M O and 25M D are measly to some of these big spenders. Fortunately Frenzie did the right thing (bless her) and later in the day returned me my account with a heart-filled apology, even so this (beacon hit) would have absolutely destroyed my reputation with my former league Destiny. 

Account sharing has its responsibilities and risks. If Plarium acts different based on how much $$$ you spend, that is disgusting. If troops are returned that would also be appalling, i took my losses for what they were, my stupidity. I deserved them, and it looks like they probably did too (the 50 players left in the league by the looks of it). If it was a hack and it's provable, please get Frenzie her account back (unless what Oracle (the noob) said was true then good job), but troops returned would be a step too far from normal game-play.

Sep 22, 2017, 10:5109/22/17
07/25/15
Yoloswagans said:

So Red, everything comes down to spending?

You can share accounts and have the benefits but cannot handle the fallout if someone may have miss-handled the responsibilities they undertook? 

Due to quitting i gave this account to Frenzie under the pre-tense that she was not allowed to hit my league  (Destiny) with it, but she could have fun and use it up as she wanted.  Within a week i found out that my 50M offense was used to hit Destiny beacon during the carnage event. So i asked for it back and she was a bit reluctant... So i tried to recover the account and Plarium said it was my fault (which i accept) and there was nothing i could do. I guess it was because i didn't spend money on saphires and my 50M O and 25M D are measly to some of these big spenders. Fortunately Frenzie did the right thing (bless her) and later in the day returned me my account with a heart-filled apology, even so this (beacon hit) would have absolutely destroyed my reputation with my former league Destiny. 

Account sharing has its responsibilities and risks. If Plarium acts different based on how much $$$ you spend, that is disgusting. If troops are returned that would also be appalling, i took my losses for what they were, my stupidity. I deserved them, and it looks like they probably did too (the 50 players left in the league by the looks of it). If it was a hack and it's provable, please get Frenzie her account back (unless what Oracle (the noob) said was true then good job), but troops returned would be a step too far from normal game-play.

lol, so you just addmited to account sharing. Which should imho get you both banned for doing this. If Plarium had any balls at all to follow their own rules both accounts should been just closed down. How about it Plarium, do we allow account sharing, multiple accounts and so forth, or do we not?
Sep 22, 2017, 10:5709/22/17
Sep 22, 2017, 11:11(edited)
01/21/15
Giving the account away due to quitting and then getting it back.... Not exactly sharing, but just as stupid...
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.