All Categories

BG, FOOD and TAX debate

BG, FOOD and TAX debate

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 5, 2017, 18:3609/05/17
10/31/14

BG, FOOD and TAX debate

Lets present our thesis for these two hypothetical contradicting opinions.

• Many BG resources on the web don't include food when they calculate their bank, does that mean that food is not counted when the bank is calculated. 
  • What about TAX, is the any evidence to back up that claim. 

many resources calculate their tax between 5% to 25%. On the other hands many lords don't agree with tax, and instead include food in their calculation of the BG bank. 

SO which one is correct

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 5, 2017, 18:5509/05/17
Sep 5, 2017, 19:09(edited)
04/10/15

Lord Oracle

really interesting thread indeed and impatient to see what people answers

hope u can be lucky with the answers, 

Regards
Sep 5, 2017, 20:0309/05/17
Sep 5, 2017, 20:48(edited)
11/30/14

Food counts, let me explain you why.

All games that require resources to build troops, army etc., they all require one typical army feeding resource. In this game we have iron/gold/food. Check section called "train troops". You will see that all troops require less food than iron or gold. Its because you have to build big army to achieve something, solo or with your team, thats why food is very valuable resource.

The question is, why you think about this question ? Its because you see massive amounts of production per hour. You can produce 100k food per hour but only 2-3k iron/gold. Then first question is, does food have value ? Yes, because in the end since you build, build, build, you keep getting less and less production, untill the day when you have negative production. In this game you are lucky because you don't have to feed your army, I mean your units dont starve when you produce -10000000000b food and have 0 in your barn. Its because plarium needs money, they have such things like resource packs. And when you see food packs, you have unlimited purchases of them. Why ? Because you have negative production, or one day you will reach it, so if you want to keep building more, you will need food. That leads to an answer why we have limited raids aswell, resource transfering limits between league members or w/e too . And in the end it makes food very valuable resource.

What you send to battlegrounds ? You send troops, troops that you have built with iron/gold and also food. Those 3 resources are fundamental things, and its logical.
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 6, 2017, 16:5809/06/17
10/04/13
djmoody said:

There isn't even a question whether food is included - it absolutely is. Not even a tiny bit of doubt about it.

If you keep your own BG log for any length of time it will be absolutely obvious to you.

If you look at the BG log from The Beast you can easily see the tax in operation (although whether it's a resource tax or an increase in value to get BG's to payout is an interesting debate, although both end up with the same result - lost resource).

Not sure why you think the two are mutually exclusive.

Yeah I'm not sure where the "food doesn't count" thing came from, I've never seen any evidence of it in game.  
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 6, 2017, 17:0009/06/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Lets present our thesis for these two hypothetical contradicting opinions.

• Many BG resources on the web don't include food when they calculate their bank, does that mean that food is not counted when the bank is calculated. 
  • What about TAX, is the any evidence to back up that claim. 

many resources calculate their tax between 5% to 25%. On the other hands many lords don't agree with tax, and instead include food in their calculation of the BG bank. 

SO which one is correct

I'd say the tax is somewhere in the 3-10% range.  It's certainly not 25%.  There is plenty of evidence to show that there is some tax though.  You can start with a lot of troops, just hit a ton of low level bgs, and the resource value of your army will slowly decrease.  
Sep 11, 2017, 10:3509/11/17
10/31/14

BiohazarD said:

I'd say the tax is somewhere in the 3-10% range.  It's certainly not 25%.  There is plenty of evidence to show that there is some tax though.  You can start with a lot of troops, just hit a ton of low level bgs, and the resource value of your army will slowly decrease.  

The larger you make your tax to be the more likely are you to always fall in the margin of pay out. So if you make your tax 25% then you're more likely to get pay out than when you make your tax smaller, e,g 5 %. 

Sep 11, 2017, 10:4809/11/17
10/31/14

Another implication of tax. 

If you get small pay out, like when you're not banked, or when your bank is negative, you have to pay bank the tax of that pay out even when that pay out is not the max pay out. 

Every pay out you receive in BG must have their tax paid, + the resource value of those troops you receive. These is one thing that many people ignore and end up losing millions of troops power and have thier troop resource value decrease instead of increase over time. 

Lets say you engage a BG and receive 1 unit with resource value of 100. You must pay bank the resource value of that unit, plus the tax value of that unit. If you don't them you your bank will continue to accumulate debts, until you lose your entire army. 

So is very important to always make sure that when you engage a BG you have your bank is positive, and within a margin of tax. If its not then you will receive a loss pay out( when your pay out is less than units you used to cleat that BG), No Pay out( when your pay out is equal to the resource value of units you used to clear the BG) or partial pay( when you receive a smaller payout).

All these leads to you losing your troops over time. 

Sep 11, 2017, 11:0709/11/17
04/10/15

Dear Lords

im sure you all know it yet ... but have u stop to think that every time u send a single troop to bgs u are paying the tax ??

even if u have returned the loan ??

Regards
Sep 11, 2017, 21:2009/11/17

why does food count ? 

You can get food as part of your reward from successfully defeating orcs at battlegrounds ..

if food had no value then no such reward would be given as it would not take anything from your "bank" 

I WOULD ADVISE THAT YOU SHOULD MAX ALL YOUR RESOURCES BEFORE YOU DEFEAT A BATTLEGROUND TO AVOID GETTING RESOURCES AS PART OF YOUR REWARD 
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 12, 2017, 17:5109/12/17
10/04/13

Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

The larger you make your tax to be the more likely are you to always fall in the margin of pay out. So if you make your tax 25% then you're more likely to get pay out than when you make your tax smaller, e,g 5 %. 

I like that logic.  Lets just assume the tax is 100%.  That way whenever you get a payout you can feel happy about it because it was completely unexpected :P

But seriously.  Thinking the tax is higher doesn't make you any more likely to get a payout, it just prevents you from being able to predict when you're going to get one and confuses people.  
Sep 12, 2017, 19:0209/12/17
Sep 12, 2017, 19:08(edited)
10/31/14

djmoody said:

While it's not brilliant to trade troops for resources (especially if you run troop production 24/7 already), it's not the disaster that people think it is (not in yellow bold kind of disaster). 

Trading troops for resources in BG might not be a good idea as it kind of set you back, and trap you in a cycle. You have to build those troops that you banked to get the reward, and for these you will use the resources that you have received from BG.  which means you will be losing time.  BG should be used to turn resources into units, these is also why using useless units like path which cost more reosurces is a good idea. 

But as you say getting resources in BG is not that bad, I personally prefer getting food especially during troops production quest. 

Another thing, I have noticed that many have upgraded their barns and warehouse to max capacity. these a very bad Idea, especially as it will not be possible to fill them during by doing normal raids, or purchasing resources. 
Sep 13, 2017, 18:5509/13/17
10/31/14

BiohazarD said:

I like that logic.  Lets just assume the tax is 100%.  That way whenever you get a payout you can feel happy about it because it was completely unexpected :P

But seriously.  Thinking the tax is higher doesn't make you any more likely to get a payout, it just prevents you from being able to predict when you're going to get one and confuses people.  

You do realise that 100% tax will mean that you're always over-banked. We know that  BG pay with greater frequency when you're overbanked, e.g a basis of sweet spot method. 

With a tax of 100% your bank will exceed the bank of the max BG by a factor of .75 to 1.75, It will be easier to tract your BG, and pay out will be guaranteed in less BG hits. 
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 13, 2017, 20:4009/13/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

You do realise that 100% tax will mean that you're always over-banked. We know that  BG pay with greater frequency when you're overbanked, e.g a basis of sweet spot method. 

With a tax of 100% your bank will exceed the bank of the max BG by a factor of .75 to 1.75, It will be easier to tract your BG, and pay out will be guaranteed in less BG hits. 
They're more likely to pay out when you're overbanked, but you won't get the full resource value of your bank back in the payout, meaning you'll always end up with some troops stuck in bg bank.  So while you're more likely to get a payout on any particular bg, you're also loading a lot more res on each one, so I wouldn't recommend it.  
Sep 14, 2017, 01:5609/14/17
02/22/15
Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

So we can make up our own tax rate? Where do I select the tax amount I would like to use to increase my chance of payout lol
Sep 14, 2017, 12:0009/14/17
10/31/14

thefray said:

So we can make up our own tax rate? Where do I select the tax amount I would like to use to increase my chance of payout lol

The tax is a mystery, Players calculate their own tax percentage from studying their BG spreadsheet. I have calculated mine and found that its 10%. That means whenever I overbank by 10% I am more likely to get a pay out, that when I am not. 

Sep 15, 2017, 01:2509/15/17
10/06/16
So if there is indeed a 10% tax you are not overbanked by 10%, sounds like you are then at 100% bank
Sep 17, 2017, 06:1009/17/17
11/27/14
how big the bank must be for a lvl 160-180 reward ?
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.