Fortification Build from daily wheel

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Sep 4, 2017, 22:4209/04/17
10/07/15

Hey folks

I thought I used to be able to upgrade my Walls/Towers/Gates from the daily wheel (which I rarely get) but it seems now when I get the bonus wheel and I go to upgrade, its wants full price.  Has something changed that we must purchase at lvl 1 or am I doing something wrong.  Looking for some good schooling on this matter.

Aaoth

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 4, 2017, 23:4109/04/17
Sep 4, 2017, 23:55(edited)
11/04/15

Aaoth said:

I thought I used to be able to upgrade my Walls/Towers/Gates from the daily wheel (which I rarely get) but it seems now when I get the bonus wheel and I go to upgrade, its wants full price.  Has something changed that we must purchase at lvl 1 or am I doing something wrong.  Looking for some good schooling on this matter.       

Discounts on fortifications can only be used on new walls, towers, gates etc
All upgrades are at full price

If you build a full set of level one walls (88) then you will probably find yourself destroying them later because it can be cheaper to build new walls using the discounts

Don't spend too much on low level walls, wait until you unlock higher levels

Ask your league mates if they can help you with scrolls

Plarium could help a lot with problems like this, but they have no motivation to do so, probably because there are too many idiots who are willing to pay full price
The Wheel of Fortune should offer more frequent discounts on fortifications and these should include the option to upgrade

Sep 5, 2017, 00:0009/05/17
08/03/14
my wheel of fortune is pretty much stuck on castle skins. 
Sep 5, 2017, 08:5009/05/17
10/31/14

toggit said: 

Discounts on fortifications can only be used on new walls, towers, gates etc
All upgrades are at full price

If you build a full set of level one walls (88) then you will probably find yourself destroying them later because it can be cheaper to build new walls using the discounts

Don't spend too much on low level walls, wait until you unlock higher levels

Ask your league mates if they can help you with scrolls

Plarium could help a lot with problems like this, but they have no motivation to do so, probably because there are too many idiots who are willing to pay full price
The Wheel of Fortune should offer more frequent discounts on fortifications and these should include the option to upgrade

Actually it has been proved time and time over that the ammount of sapphires requered to build or upgrade walls from one level to another is the same. 

You pay the same amount of sapphires to upgrade level 1 walls to level 2, as you would when you build level 2 walls in one go. 

There discounts for purchasing walls doesn't apply to upgrades, there is a separate discount available for upgrades( 3-4 upgrades at a time at 30% to 60% discount). 

Although it migh seem like a good idea to purchase and upgrades walls during discounts, the prize of purchasing a full set of walls is way too much, that is best to buy them at full prixe or wait for the universal forts discount of 25$ which it comes between 25-8 every month month end. 

Sep 5, 2017, 08:5309/05/17
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:

my wheel of fortune is pretty much stuck on castle skins. 

The wheel of fortune updates in 3 circles, for 3 days. You will receive the same discounts 3 times in a row but at different percentage discounts. 

The only way of fixing these issue is to contact support and they will ''fix'' it for you. Many people however don't repsort these issue because sometimes the wheel of fortune will be stuck at resource packages discounts and units purchase discounts. 
Sep 12, 2017, 10:4209/12/17

No idea what or where you are playing, but at least on FB none - i repeat NONE - of the members in our league has seen a fortification discount of any kind in WOF for 8 months. Well over a year since seen one myself, only started asking if anybody gets one at around start of this year.

I actually thought that particular discount was removed from game.

Come to think of it.. haven't seen any legendary units discounts either. Only spying 70% and all units 40%.

Sep 12, 2017, 12:1009/12/17
08/30/17

Hi!

This is not happening only with Fortifications at the daily wheel. From time to time the wheel is blocked several days on the last discount appeared there. The good thing is devs already know about this issue and working to fix it.

Best regards!

Bogdan
Sep 12, 2017, 18:1309/12/17
08/03/14
7 days since my post, still have yet to see anything other than castle skins in my wheel of fortune. 
Sep 12, 2017, 18:2209/12/17
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:

7 days since my post, still have yet to see anything other than castle skins in my wheel of fortune. 

From what I have personally heard from bug department, you will have to send a personal ticket for them to fix these issue for you. They will personally fix your wheel for you( perhaps you can even negotiate a 90% discounts on offense)

Or you can wait until they do a universal fix, which will be in about a month or so when new units ''arrive''.

Sep 12, 2017, 21:3009/12/17
12/13/14

Oracle said:

There discounts for purchasing walls doesn't apply to upgrades, there is a separate discount available for upgrades( 3-4 upgrades at a time at 30% to 60% discount). 

separate discount available for upgrades?

I have never seen such discount and I have played on many games and servers for many years

Please show us a screenshot of this mythical discount

Sep 13, 2017, 02:5009/13/17
08/03/14
Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

From what I have personally heard from bug department, you will have to send a personal ticket for them to fix these issue for you. They will personally fix your wheel for you( perhaps you can even negotiate a 90% discounts on offense)

Or you can wait until they do a universal fix, which will be in about a month or so when new units ''arrive''.

holding my wheel hostage until i go through all the ropes of getting in touch with tech support. great. 
Sep 13, 2017, 08:3709/13/17
02/29/16

Lord Malevolent said:

No idea what or where you are playing, but at least on FB none - i repeat NONE - of the members in our league has seen a fortification discount of any kind in WOF for 8 months. Well over a year since seen one myself, only started asking if anybody gets one at around start of this year.

Come to think of it.. haven't seen any legendary units discounts either. Only spying 70% and all units 40%.

Hello.

Both Fortification and Legendary Units discount are still present in the game. They weren't removed.

I saw a post on Facebook about a month ago where a player posted the screenshot of her discount on Legendary Units :)

You can do not receive these Offers as they have lower priority in your segment. But segments are changing, so you need to wait for the Offer you need :)

Sep 13, 2017, 08:4709/13/17
02/29/16

Snowgoon said:

Oracle said:

I have never seen such discount and I have played on many games and servers for many years

Hello.

The discount for the upgrade of the new Levels of Fortifications wasn't added yet. Our devs are just planning to add it.

So, you're right. Will wait for the screenshot from Oracle with the discount for upgrades he meant :)
Sep 15, 2017, 01:3709/15/17
Sep 15, 2017, 01:50(edited)
08/01/15

Alina Phoenix said:

Lord Malevolent said:

Hello.

Both Fortification and Legendary Units discount are still present in the game. They weren't removed.

I saw a post on Facebook about a month ago where a player posted the screenshot of her discount on Legendary Units :)

You can do not receive these Offers as they have lower priority in your segment. But segments are changing, so you need to wait for the Offer you need :)

I am curious about the comment above from the CM "offer I need"

I have been stuck on castle skin with varying discounts for at least a week.

I have a Frostbite castle skin then got the Towering inferno skin both are the highest defense skin available, only one better is smolderstone but every day I get castle skin discount so I am wondering why this is so high in my segment and why I "need" this.

So can someone tell me why I need another castle skin? Who chooses what I need, last I checked I am an adult and am capable of deciding what I need.

How are the segments decided and applied since we no longer rely on chance for a discount??????

Long ago there was an 80% discount to imperial defense up to 100 units, anyone got that one lately? I for sure need that one everyday for a month.

Who here feels they get what they need?

With all this new information on the wheel of misfortune  who now feels manipulated by receiving offers the game wants to give us????

It would be interesting to see the click rate of offers accepted vs ignored

I am sure the 70% Legendary gets clicked at a much, much, much higher rate than the resource discount but if asked I am sure the players would say they see the resource discount much, much, much more frequent
Sep 15, 2017, 08:0809/15/17

Oracle said:

The only way of fixing these issue is to contact support and they will ''fix'' it for you. Many people however don't repsort these issue because sometimes the wheel of fortune will be stuck at resource packages discounts and units purchase discounts. 

So... at least 8 people in league that i know of are stuck with same discount over and over , one person i know of that has WOF changing every day.

this out of 15 people. Nice percentage. 

Now, you really want all of us starting to send tickets all day every day to fix this issue??? Would seem to be much less time consuming and costeffective to just fix the bug. Problems with WOF been there for about a year now, wonder which is more feasible: spend a day to fix it or answer a million tickets about it?

Apparently logic really is dead.

Sep 15, 2017, 09:2009/15/17
02/29/16

Non Oracle said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Lord Malevolent said:

Hello.

I am curious about the comment above from the CM "offer I need"

I have been stuck on castle skin with varying discounts for at least a week.

I have a Frostbite castle skin then got the Towering inferno skin both are the highest defense skin available, only one better is smolderstone but every day I get castle skin discount so I am wondering why this is so high in my segment and why I "need" this.

So can someone tell me why I need another castle skin? Who chooses what I need, last I checked I am an adult and am capable of deciding what I need.

How are the segments decided and applied since we no longer rely on chance for a discount??????

Long ago there was an 80% discount to imperial defense up to 100 units, anyone got that one lately? I for sure need that one everyday for a month.

Who here feels they get what they need?

With all this new information on the wheel of misfortune  who now feels manipulated by receiving offers the game wants to give us????

It would be interesting to see the click rate of offers accepted vs ignored

I am sure the 70% Legendary gets clicked at a much, much, much higher rate than the resource discount but if asked I am sure the players would say they see the resource discount much, much, much more frequent

Hello :)

> I have been stuck on castle skin with varying discounts for at least a week.

Unfortunately, some players started to receive the same Offers again. Devs are checking now why this issue started to re-occur again :(

> How are the segments decided and applied since we no longer rely on chance for a discount??????

We still can rely on chance for the discount. When the Wheel of Fortune works properly it's decided randomly to what segment you are included and what Offers you get.

Now we need to wait when the devs find why some players started to face the issue with the stuck Offers again and fix it.

Sep 15, 2017, 09:2209/15/17
02/29/16

Lord Malevolent said:

Oracle said:

So... at least 8 people in league that i know of are stuck with same discount over and over , one person i know of that has WOF changing every day.

this out of 15 people. Nice percentage. 

Now, you really want all of us starting to send tickets all day every day to fix this issue??? Would seem to be much less time consuming and costeffective to just fix the bug. Problems with WOF been there for about a year now, wonder which is more feasible: spend a day to fix it or answer a million tickets about it?

Apparently logic really is dead.

Hello.

> Now, you really want all of us starting to send tickets all day every day to fix this issue?

No, we don't want you to send tickets to Support. We gathered feedback from our Forum and informed devs that the issue started to reoccur.

They are working on it now and we just need to wait for the fix.

Sep 15, 2017, 13:4109/15/17
10/31/14
Snowgoon said:

I do remember getting walls upgrade discounts at 30 % some time ago. Not sure if its still available or have been removed. 
Sep 15, 2017, 13:4309/15/17
10/31/14

Non Oracle said:

Non Oracle

Cool change of name
BiohazarDModerator
Sep 15, 2017, 22:1409/15/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Snowgoon said:

I do remember getting walls upgrade discounts at 30 % some time ago. Not sure if its still available or have been removed. 
I've never seen an upgrade discount, may just be really rare but I suspect it was only available temporarily then removed.  
Sep 16, 2017, 05:4809/16/17
08/03/14

11 days since my post  in this thread. still stuck on castle skins.

cant log into support to get a ticket, it says i need to log in but wont accept my password. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.