All Categories

Castle defense?

Castle defense?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 23, 2017, 20:4508/23/17

Castle defense?

For a new player with limited resources which is the better castle defense option, fortifications or castle guard?
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 23, 2017, 20:4708/23/17
Aug 23, 2017, 22:18(edited)
12/18/14
Barlow said:

For a new player with limited resources which is the better castle defense option, fortifications or castle guard?
try to get fortifications at discount (sometimes from the daily wheel or the 25% offers)
Aug 23, 2017, 21:4708/23/17
07/03/15
waiting until you have level two or three then buy during discount, until then stay in your catacombs and let the raids happen. Level 1 fortifications won't stop anyone.
Aug 23, 2017, 22:3308/23/17

Thanks for the reminder of the discounts.  Will wait for that.  I've reached lvl 2 forts which is what started me thinking.

Based on both you're responses it seems the fortifications are a better value over the castle guard.  Have I got that right?
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 24, 2017, 10:2608/24/17
Aug 24, 2017, 10:45(edited)
10/04/13

Barlow said:

Thanks for the reminder of the discounts.  Will wait for that.  I've reached lvl 2 forts which is what started me thinking.

Based on both you're responses it seems the fortifications are a better value over the castle guard.  Have I got that right?

You can just divide the sapphire cost by the amount of defense bonus each item provides, whatever gives you the lowest number is the most efficient.  In general yes fortifications are more efficient than castle guards, although this may change for the new high level fortifications that were added recently.  

edit:  I took a glance at the higher level fortifications.  Most castle guard stuff gives 1 def bonus per 10 crystals.  sapphire cost per point of defense bonus for level 10 fortifications are:

walls: 5.0

towers 3.9

gates 12.5

ballista/catapult: 20.0

So level 10 walls and gates are far more efficient than castle guards, while gates and ballista/catapults are way less efficient.  

And of course, as always sentries are just completely useless and a total waste of sapphires.  I mean 10,000 sapphires for a 1% boost to recon units on your castle?  really? 

Aug 24, 2017, 18:1008/24/17
BiohazarD said:

You can just divide the sapphire cost by the amount of defense bonus each item provides, whatever gives you the lowest number is the most efficient.  In general yes fortifications are more efficient than castle guards, although this may change for the new high level fortifications that were added recently.  

edit:  I took a glance at the higher level fortifications.  Most castle guard stuff gives 1 def bonus per 10 crystals.  sapphire cost per point of defense bonus for level 10 fortifications are:

walls: 5.0

towers 3.9

gates 12.5

ballista/catapult: 20.0

So level 10 walls and gates are far more efficient than castle guards, while gates and ballista/catapults are way less efficient.  

And of course, as always sentries are just completely useless and a total waste of sapphires.  I mean 10,000 sapphires for a 1% boost to recon units on your castle?  really? 

Thank you!  This was exactly the type of info I was looking for.  Very helpful.
Aug 25, 2017, 00:2508/25/17
08/03/14

the best castle defense is no defense. 

plarium has made it so that the game is unbalanced towards offense.   best to tuck into catacombs and not fight.   dont spend sapphires on defense, spend on fireballs. 
Aug 28, 2017, 08:2908/28/17
02/29/16

IronApex Turok said:

plarium has made it so that the game is unbalanced towards offense.   best to tuck into catacombs and not fight.   dont spend sapphires on defense, spend on fireballs. 

Hi :)

Each player decides on his own whether increase Castle Defense Bonus or not. Some players choose not to fight and keep the Units in Catacombs, others still prefer to leave some Defense in the Castle, then Castle Defense Bonus won't go amiss :)

Aug 28, 2017, 15:0508/28/17
08/03/14

Alina Phoenix said:

IronApex Turok said:

Each player decides on his own whether increase Castle Defense Bonus or not. Some players choose not to fight and keep the Units in Catacombs, others still prefer to leave some Defense in the Castle, then Castle Defense Bonus won't go amiss :)

the castle bonus is a bit misleading....

having a fully maxed out castle is akin to leaving out 400 archers.  lets not pretend your castle bonus is going to repel any kind of serious attack. 
Aug 28, 2017, 23:3408/28/17
Aug 28, 2017, 23:37(edited)
02/20/17

IronApex Turok said:

http://prntscr.com/ge8oay

http://prntscr.com/ge8osu

For some reason I don't agree with your statement. 
Aug 29, 2017, 09:2708/29/17
02/29/16
IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

IronApex Turok said:

the castle bonus is a bit misleading....

having a fully maxed out castle is akin to leaving out 400 archers.  lets not pretend your castle bonus is going to repel any kind of serious attack. 
But it still gives bonus to your Defense, and I think we all like Bonuses :)
Aug 29, 2017, 13:1808/29/17
08/03/14
Andromeda said:

IronApex Turok said:

lol..you didnt do that with a castle bonus. 
Aug 29, 2017, 15:5908/29/17
Aug 29, 2017, 16:12(edited)
12/13/14

Barlow said:

Every Sapphire you spend buying low level castle walls, towers, gates etc will probably be wasted because you will need to Destroy them all before you can buy better stuff and now they added level 10 walls the hidden cost per sapphire becomes much more difficult to calculate, unless you wait forever before you start building
Improvements and Castle Guard are permanent and do not need to be upgraded, so may be better value overall for non coiners

The discounts are ONLY for new fortifications, not for upgrades

Aug 30, 2017, 00:1308/30/17
Aug 30, 2017, 00:30(edited)
02/20/17

IronApex Turok said:

Andromeda said:

IronApex Turok said:

lol..you didnt do that with a castle bonus. 

Yes I did.

http://prntscr.com/gepla4

http://prntscr.com/gepm3l

Forgive me for not showing the full report, but you can understand why. Notice the massive %90+ loss to bob and the %7-%8 loss to me.

It's called "castle bonus".

Aug 30, 2017, 16:1808/30/17
08/30/17

Hi !

First walls and castle guards try to get them at offers in the game. 

Notice that any wall you make can then be upgraded (is better and cheaper  than buying bigger levels all the time) and those sapphires aren't spent in vain...but it takes time and you have to be patient. If you are active and participate at events you'll get sapphires faster and you'll see your castle rising (or if you purchase offers from the game is more faster). Of cource, if you enter daily in the game you'll not notice this change but I advice you to make screnshoots of your castle - make one now develop your walls and after 1 or 2 months make another screenshot, compare them and you'll see the difference 

Best regards and enjoy the game!

Bogdan

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.