Yellowing bgs

Yellowing bgs

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 21, 2017, 22:1808/21/17
02/20/17

Yellowing bgs

Hi peeps,

Just wondering if the whittle down (yellow bar) method of bgs still works? I know Plarium change the mechanics a while back. What I'm saying is if you do bgs this way, yellow bar a heap and put back in more than your last big payout in resources. Does it pay large when you clear the first few high level bgs? 

Would like to know players experiences before I potentially waste a bunch of troops.

Cheers

Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 22, 2017, 07:0308/22/17
10/04/13
Andromeda said:

Hi peeps,

Just wondering if the whittle down (yellow bar) method of bgs still works? I know Plarium change the mechanics a while back. What I'm saying is if you do bgs this way, yellow bar a heap and put back in more than your last big payout in resources. Does it pay large when you clear the first few high level bgs? 

Would like to know players experiences before I potentially waste a bunch of troops.

Cheers

When you yellow bar a bg about 30% of the res value of the troops you used to take it down are trapped in that bg and not added to the bank until you finish it off.  So as an answer to your question I'd say no it doesn't work, although it can be used to store troops if you're having food consumption problems, then kill all the yellow bars to get your troops back when you need them.  
Aug 22, 2017, 08:2208/22/17
02/20/17
Thank you Biohazard for the info 
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 23, 2017, 07:5108/23/17
10/04/13
Andromeda said:

Thank you Biohazard for the info 
Any time :)
Aug 23, 2017, 09:4308/23/17
12/18/14

I have still used the yellow method - it works but yes you need to clear all yellowed bg's to pull out any residual payout that may be stuck in them - you could leave them if you plan to continue doing more bg's the near future

you also cannot yellow with the intention of getting your payout on a specific bg as they don't always pay out on the one you want (you used to be able to load them and clear a specific bg to get your reward)

there are still ways to get the massive rewards that people got in the past
Aug 23, 2017, 10:2008/23/17
02/20/17
Thx for sharing your experiences Jez. Much appreciated.
Aug 23, 2017, 17:1608/23/17
10/31/14

BG are resource in resource out, and yellow barring is a very old way of banking/putting resources into BG. Because players found a cheat arround yellow barring plarium was forced to change the mechanisms of BG. 

The cheat

BG were played the same way Jezebel expalined above, the cheat which I have explained in the these thread
https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/34039_-stormfall-declassed-article-1 worked by manipulating the algorithm of payouts. Since BG always kind of paid when they are banked, players found a workaround them. They would yellow bar large sum of BG and then claim a reward in the BG that they didn't yellow bar. Then when they're done they would go back o those BG they yellow barred and claim rewards at them, since BG always paid one could increase his army by 300%-1000% in a matter of day to week.

The fix

Plarium introduced a kind of random algorithm into BG, these algorithm kind of spin every time you engage BG, I found that the algorithm had 5 possibilities, these possibility depend on many factors that influence weather you get a pay out or not. When those factors are kind of met you receive a pay out. The factors are not immediately noticeable but once you start doing BG and studying them you will learn that many things we know about BG are either wrong or obsolete. 

So in conclusion

Yellow Barring is a BAD idea, it doesn't work, although you might see results after some trials, you will lose all your army one day. But if you're a coiner, and you can afford to purchase 30 days boosts and build 30K pathfinders then you yellow barring will work for you.  

Aug 23, 2017, 19:1408/23/17
04/10/15

Dear Lords

yellowing bgs:

its true that i have to bank a little more, maybe biohazard is right about his 70-30 and in these levels are less significative than in very high level bgs... who knows the misteries of balur are insondables.

Regards
Aug 24, 2017, 01:1008/24/17
02/22/15

As usual, Bio is right and Oracle, well he is the oracle.

Yellow barring is just another tool to be used which can prove helpful is some circumstance. I have seen it increase a payout but this is not a standard result. The high level BG do not like to pay you full payouts so I did yellow a bunch and it did force a larger payout than normal but this was not profit it was only because I had forced my bank very high testing a theory, I managed to get 29k necros from my effort and like I said it was not a profit just a result of putting much more than that in. I do not think it will increase a payout on sub 100 level BG since they still seem to give full payouts.

To make a statement that it is bad and doesn't work well that is oracle being oracle and spewing his thoughts which unfortunately is his right and seems to be his mission of disinformation.

Yellow barring can help control the BG if you need to switch between offense and defense and are close to a payout and want to put one more BG of troops in before taking a payout. I think we all have hit that one more BG that paid you when you didn't want it to so if you would have yellowed that one instead of killing it then moved to the one you wanted a payout it can be a helpful tool. As Bio mentioned not all of your troops will be counted which I have no actual proof of it seems to be spot on correct, just take that into account when calculating your bank and you should be fine.
Aug 24, 2017, 14:4608/24/17
Aug 24, 2017, 15:31(edited)
10/31/14

You're right, maybe you should have read my comments fully and you'll understand that I am not contradicting you. 

The stance of Plarium with regards to banking by yellow barring are that it will delay your rewards. 

You can find those statements here( https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/25141_the-reward-system-on-battlegrounds-is-now-secure-against-attempts-to-obtain-units-in-an-unfair-way-/), where the CM and administrator stated those fact. 

Second thing since BG are resource in resource out, it doesn't matter what method of banking you use. You'll always get a reward. The method of banking only determine WHEN you are going to get that reward in you top level BG. 

Yellow barring method will never guarantee you when you'll get a reward, even when you use a ''sweet-spot'' formula you're never gurrenteed that you'll get a reward when using yellow barring method of banking. With that said, Unless you have the ability to buy sapphires then and again and revive your army then is best to use these method, But f not then don't use it especially when you're playing BG higher than level 100. 

IF you do use these method, you'll complain( like Thefray above) that BG are broken, there's a bug, BG eat my army ect. These is a largely because of the randomness and factors that must be satisfied when you do BG. Yellow baring doesn't always satisfy those factors, its unpredictable and will eat your army one of these days, and furthermore Plarium doesn't endorse it. So play at your own risk. 

Yellow barring in lower levels( max 50) works just fine, and will work for you. Above 100 BAD idea. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.