All Categories

Breach of privacy

Breach of privacy

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 18, 2017, 09:5408/18/17
10/31/14

Breach of privacy

When will these be fixed. The support team has been really slow in addressing these issue. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 18, 2017, 10:0208/18/17
04/10/15

Lord Oracle

if that issue has been reported to devs, then sure they are aware of it and working on a fix. sure very soon will be fixed.

on the other hand could not be an issue and as my own mind i dont think it could be consider as a breach of privacy. i think only is warning about the utc time of that lord, but as i said is my own opinion, lets the devs work if im wrong

Regards
Aug 18, 2017, 15:2508/18/17
Aug 18, 2017, 15:26(edited)
10/31/14

Juglar del Viento said:

Lord Oracle

if that issue has been reported to devs, then sure they are aware of it and working on a fix. sure very soon will be fixed.

on the other hand could not be an issue and as my own mind i dont think it could be consider as a breach of privacy. i think only is warning about the utc time of that lord, but as i said is my own opinion, lets the devs work if im wrong

Regards

Plarium has been collecing location data for a long time now. I had no problem with that, but displaying that data to everyone is breach of privacy and total disregard to the nature of MMORPG games. 

MMORPG games are centered on privacy which enhance the ability of players to play as imaginary characters. A player in NY might choose to play as an African Emperors, openly displaying where that player lives, is a total disregard to the nature of MMORPG universe. MMORPG's are not a reality game. 

Another problem with these displaying of marshals locations stems from the nature of these game. Simply knowing we a marshal lives is a biggest intel a league can have, especially during beacon takeovers. Now leagues have these intel displayed to everyone, which undermines spying( not alt spying). Spying is a very important aspect of MMORPG. Simply seeding a mole in another league to collect data is a thrilling adventurous aspect of these game, in the end players will have nothing to do. 

Aug 18, 2017, 15:3108/18/17
04/10/15

dont worry then

im sure if they think is an issue will be fixed very soon

regards and good haunting

Aug 18, 2017, 22:3308/18/17
12/18/14
Juglar del Viento said:

dont worry then

im sure if they think is an issue will be fixed very soon

regards and good haunting

excellent choice of words ha ha
Aug 18, 2017, 23:0108/18/17
Aug 18, 2017, 23:02(edited)
06/16/15

Oracle said:

When will these be fixed. The support team has been really slow in addressing these issue. 

No privacy breach here, every marshal is able to change the time zone of their own league, in the league settings button which you can see in the front page of your league's info. You can tell you're from wherever you want. If you had read Plarium's News you'd know this is just for people looking for a league to know the active time zones, to know if it'd be convenient to join there or not.

About the example picture, I think Friendship should change it to CET, I didn't know for a while they were germans at the beginning lol.
Aug 19, 2017, 09:4108/19/17
10/31/14
Mad Roy said:

No privacy breach here, every marshal is able to change the time zone of their own league, in the league settings button which you can see in the front page of your league's info. You can tell you're from wherever you want. If you had read Plarium's News you'd know this is just for people looking for a league to know the active time zones, to know if it'd be convenient to join there or not.

About the example picture, I think Friendship should change it to CET, I didn't know for a while they were germans at the beginning lol.
Didn't know its possible. I will tinker with mine and set it to North Korea.  
Aug 19, 2017, 20:4908/19/17
03/22/16
Oracle said:

Mad Roy said:

It does not matter what time zone you set your league to except for possibly the daily quest reset. Most players watch other player playing patterns. So your change of league time zones will not fool anyone but your players.
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 20, 2017, 09:5008/20/17
10/04/13
brunsonthomas said:

Oracle said:

Mad Roy said:

It does not matter what time zone you set your league to except for possibly the daily quest reset. Most players watch other player playing patterns. So your change of league time zones will not fool anyone but your players.
I think the daily quest reset is based on server time, so it wouldn't be affected by league time zone.  
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 20, 2017, 09:5108/20/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Mad Roy said:

Just as long as you don't start launching nukes :P
Aug 21, 2017, 10:2408/21/17
02/29/16

Oracle said:

Mad Roy said:

Hello.

Mad Roy is right. It's a new feature that was implemented after the last update. So, there is no any bug here :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.