All Categories

Hamlets and Settlements

Hamlets and Settlements

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Aug 5, 2017, 13:1008/05/17
03/17/16

Hamlets and Settlements

Something has to be done with the way hamlets and settlements are played. I'm a level 67 and i could not hold either one for more than 5 minutes and lost everything, plus I  didn't even  get any resources from them. A level 100 player just kept gobbling all my defense troops up, lost over a million of them in two raids.there should be a maximum amount of def that can be put in them and a maximum amount of offence a player can send to attack them. that way its up to hero skills, troop xp ,  lost art level , and troop selection that will decide the battle no matter what level of  player decides to take a wack at you. The way it is now only the big guns and players with tens of thousands of troops can play them. I for one will never go back to them again , and thats a shame as they help a player with relics, gold, iron, saphires and just all around fun game play
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 5, 2017, 15:0808/05/17
12/18/14

p.johnson.39 said:

Something has to be done with the way hamlets and settlements are played. I'm a level 67 and i could not hold either one for more than 5 minutes and lost everything, plus I  didn't even  get any resources from them. A level 100 player just kept gobbling all my defense troops up, lost over a million of them in two raids.there should be a maximum amount of def that can be put in them and a maximum amount of offence a player can send to attack them. that way its up to hero skills, troop xp ,  lost art level , and troop selection that will decide the battle no matter what level of  player decides to take a wack at you. The way it is now only the big guns and players with tens of thousands of troops can play them. I for one will never go back to them again , and thats a shame as they help a player with relics, gold, iron, saphires and just all around fun game play

the game has always been such that lower level players generally do not hold settlements the big boys will just keep taking them 

hamlets are pvp havens so defending them is pointless

at level 67 you should focus on building your castle and army and play castle wars for PVP rather than waste your defense in hamlets and settlements  - learn how to play bg's properly hopefully someone in your league knows how and will teach you
Aug 5, 2017, 21:1208/05/17
08/03/14

do what the rest of s do. 

ignore them.
Aug 6, 2017, 15:4608/06/17
03/22/16

p.johnson.39 said:

Many times this argument has been presented. Bottom line is Settlements and Hamlets are PVP targets. Except in rare cases some players may succeed if they are not greedy. Send 3 to 5 archers to gather resources. You may get lucky enough to only be attacked a few times. The PVP players will ignore you after a while if they get no PVP. The only guarantee in this game is that if you make yourself a target someone will show you their strength. If you have enough to win one battle many more will come. My suggestion only try to get small loads. If you are successively hit by one player try to PM and ask politely to allow you to gather resources. Who knows it might work?

Aug 6, 2017, 22:4108/06/17
04/11/15
When will we be able to send reinforcements to Hamlets to assist our league members in holding them?  Of course, the person holding the Hamlet gets the reward, others get PVP points as well as the holder of the Hamlet.  This work very well in Google + version of Pirates 5 years ago, had many great battles over those, and ended up working out many accords lol
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 7, 2017, 04:0908/07/17
10/04/13

p.johnson.39 said:

There already is a limit to how much offense or defense can be sent to a hamlet.  

The limit is 250k force.  Of course, with darkened dragons with all boosts this comes out to about 600 million offense power, so it doesn't really help low level players any, but there is technically a limit.  

If you're sticking defense in a hamlet to get resources, you're doing it wrong.  Just send a few units at a time to them every few minutes.  This is the only way to collect resources from them without just getting smashed by big players for pvp.  
Aug 7, 2017, 08:2908/07/17
10/31/14

Crom said:

When will we be able to send reinforcements to Hamlets to assist our league members in holding them?  Of course, the person holding the Hamlet gets the reward, others get PVP points as well as the holder of the Hamlet.  This work very well in Google + version of Pirates 5 years ago, had many great battles over those, and ended up working out many accords lol

According to the CM the developers are still tinkering with hamlet. Maybe these feature might be included. Please make a suggestion in the suggestion thread maybe it will be included. 

Aug 7, 2017, 08:4608/07/17
10/31/14

There is something you need to know about Hamlets

They are sorted into tires, These tires are generally levels of players. And these might be sorted by distance. Although the distance will be displayed differently, eg you might see some hamlet over 170 mi away.   

Level 50-61 is the best level to play hamlets. After you reach level 61 you should be very careful. Either play with a very big defense, 100 million is too small. Or with a very small defense, 2 nomads is what I use. 

When you reach level 71, things get even hectic. You will be hit within a minute after capturing. And 100 million defense is too small. I have seen screenshot of a player killing 250 million defense. So is best to be very careful. 

With Settlements

If you are over level 75, you could manage to keep a settlement. Never ever defend a settlement. Use 1 archer, if someone captures it, send him a PM, telling him kindly to back off and quickly  retake it, you might want to teleport right next to your settlement, these could help you kill some offense from players who are too mean. 

Plus there is only one relic that is valuable in hamlets. That is the Ulrich blade, you can get these from battles if you are patient( I got two the last 7 days one in a fort hit ,one in my castle raid. Depending on what you want to do, other relics can be helpful to have, like that which boost unit production, Storm tamer ect. 

That means you should only put effort into settlements that can produce royal relics

Aug 7, 2017, 09:3908/07/17
02/29/16

Crom said:

Hello.

Devs're not planning to add an opportunity to send Reinforcement to Hamlets as well as remove them from the game.

This question was discussed for several times, and their decision hasn't changed.

Still, they're planning to add an Item that will help players to keep the Hamlets. Let's wait and see what they're preparing for us :) 

Aug 7, 2017, 20:3008/07/17
Aug 7, 2017, 21:04(edited)
12/13/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Crom said:

When will we be able to send reinforcements to Hamlets

Hello.

Devs're not planning to add an opportunity to send Reinforcement to Hamlets as well as remove them from the game.

This question was discussed for several times, and their decision hasn't changed.

Still, they're planning to add an Item that will help players to keep the Hamlets. Let's wait and see what they're preparing for us :) 

It would help if our defense units didn't just sit there for 5 minutes doing NOTHING

Upgrading Dominion makes no difference, the first 5 minutes are ALWAYS WASTED, and you have INCREASED attack speeds to make it even easier to kill our defense

This is a deliberate ploy by plarium to kill our defense, adding to game imbalance
Meanwhile, these quests are impossible - http://prntscr.com/g5lmqr

Aug 8, 2017, 07:1808/08/17
02/29/16

Snowgoon said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Crom said:

When will we be able to send reinforcements to Hamlets

Hello.

It would help if our defense units didn't just sit there for 5 minutes doing NOTHING

Upgrading Dominion makes no difference, the first 5 minutes are ALWAYS WASTED, and you have INCREASED attack speeds to make it even easier to kill our defense

This is a deliberate ploy by plarium to kill our defense, adding to game imbalance
Meanwhile, these quests are impossible - http://prntscr.com/g5lmqr

Hello.

These Quests are difficult to complete, but it's possible. I know players who managed to do it.

I asked devs whether these Quests can be removed. The answer was no. 

As I said, devs are working on the Item that will help to keep Hamlets. 

Also, Quests with Hamlets are not mandatory. You can don't complete them, if you don't like them. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.