Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Aug 4, 2017, 16:5208/04/17
08/03/14

Alina Phoenix said:

I

Hello.

For now, I can give you a guarantee that our devs are working on the game engine, and we don't plan to close browser games. 

We couldn't influence or predict somehow a year ago that in 2020 Flash player won't be supported anymore.

Still, as soon as we got this news, we started to work on the game engine that will allow our game work without Flash player.

No one could have predicted?  i got banned for telling you all of this EXACTLY a year ago.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/27122_what-will-plarium-do-when-flash-crashes/

and im getting the same response as i did last year. "our devs are working on it"   

this issue should have already been resolved and our worries laid aside.  now, we have to wonder if plarium's dev will be able to get a handle on the situation.   apparently youve already been working for a year on a problem that should have taken two months to resolve. 

Aug 4, 2017, 19:3308/04/17
Aug 4, 2017, 19:36(edited)

IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

We know about the situation with Adobe Flash player, and our development team is already working on improving the game engine. 

Also, we're not planning to close our browser games in the future :)

your CEO Avi Shalel has already stated that the company will be transitioning to mobile. He also stated that the life term of his browser based games were shortened and financial recovery methods in game were sped up to accomodate the shorter life spans of browser based games. 

you may look through the archives and retrieve my deleted posts for links and references.   i wou ld post them but i already have provided the info once only to have a community manager delete them. 

the yellow highlighted section, says everything:  financial recovery methods. shortened life term.

do not expect true new content,  expect mtx to grow.  the highlighted statement confirms all the allegations of the business model over the last year and a half.  the same from the very start, however growing as time grows more and more short.

why even question plarium anymore.  the development of the game is intended.  no cry of disapproval means anything at all.
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 5, 2017, 10:1008/05/17
10/04/13
IronApex Turok said:

Alina Phoenix said:

I

Hello.

For now, I can give you a guarantee that our devs are working on the game engine, and we don't plan to close browser games. 

We couldn't influence or predict somehow a year ago that in 2020 Flash player won't be supported anymore.

Still, as soon as we got this news, we started to work on the game engine that will allow our game work without Flash player.

No one could have predicted?  i got banned for telling you all of this EXACTLY a year ago.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/27122_what-will-plarium-do-when-flash-crashes/

and im getting the same response as i did last year. "our devs are working on it"   

this issue should have already been resolved and our worries laid aside.  now, we have to wonder if plarium's dev will be able to get a handle on the situation.   apparently youve already been working for a year on a problem that should have taken two months to resolve. 

Well they still have 2 years before they need to have everything converted, so it's probably not a high priority at the moment.  
Aug 5, 2017, 14:5108/05/17
08/03/14
BiohazarD said:

Well they still have 2 years before they need to have everything converted, so it's probably not a high priority at the moment.  
i think that right there is the core of Plariums problem.  nothing we need is ever high priority. 
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 7, 2017, 04:1308/07/17
10/04/13
IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

i think that right there is the core of Plariums problem.  nothing we need is ever high priority. 
Why do you need it done right now?  Flash will still work for another 2 years.  As long as they have everything working by that time there shouldn't be any problems.  
Aug 7, 2017, 04:3008/07/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

Why do you need it done right now?  Flash will still work for another 2 years.  As long as they have everything working by that time there shouldn't be any problems.  
tbh, if it had been me, I would prefered to be ahead ot schedule. Rather than wait until you get more or less forced to do a transition, its better to do an early adoption which give room to iron out flaws and issues that might arise.
Aug 7, 2017, 04:3808/07/17
Aug 7, 2017, 04:40(edited)
08/03/14

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

because people are spending money on this game. if you want my money, get the job done so i know im not wasting my money. 

how many new players do they think they will attract now that the count down is on and they are still running flash.

that in itself tells me they arent going to transfer.  if they were, theyd be ahead of the curve and bragging about it to get new players. 

as a business why would you wait til the last minute for something like that?
Aug 7, 2017, 09:2908/07/17
02/29/16

IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

because people are spending money on this game. if you want my money, get the job done so i know im not wasting my money. 

how many new players do they think they will attract now that the count down is on and they are still running flash.

that in itself tells me they arent going to transfer.  if they were, theyd be ahead of the curve and bragging about it to get new players. 

Hello.

I understand why you're so worried about this question. If I were you, I would have the same concerns regarding it.

We all want to have some confidence in what we're doing and things we're interested in.

Our devs are not waiting for 2020 to start working on the game engine, they're already working on it. 

As I said before, your in-game progress shouldn't be influenced by this changes, and you won't need to start playing the game from the very beginning.

Let's be patient and wait till devs will finish their work.

Aug 7, 2017, 14:0208/07/17
07/25/15

Alina Phoenix said:

IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

I understand why you're so worried about this question. If I were you, I would have the same concerns regarding it.

We all want to have some confidence in what we're doing and things we're interested in.

Our devs are not waiting for 2020 to start working on the game engine, they're already working on it. 

As I said before, your in-game progress shouldn't be influenced by this changes, and you won't need to start playing the game from the very beginning.

Let's be patient and wait till devs will finish their work.

If you really want to create a community boost and gain some points with the players. You start run a BETA server with the new engine as soon as possible, and make it TOTALY FREE during the BETA period. 
Aug 7, 2017, 21:1108/07/17
08/03/14

i guess the lessons of the past are easily forgotten at plarium...

Originally posted by Plarium_Support:

Pirates: Tides of Fortune Kongregate shutdown

After careful consideration we have made the difficult decision to retire the dedicated Kongregate server for this title on October 26, 2014. While it is never easy to shut down support for any of our titles, falling user participation and payments have left us with little choice.

Please read the following Frequently Asked Questions for more information on what to do next.

Why is Plarium closing its Kongregate server?

There are no longer enough players on this server to pay for the server space and support staff required to keep it online.

What will happen to my units and my game progress?

Sadly, we won’t be able to compensate any of your game progress – this includes any buildings, units, research, rankings, or achievements you may have earned in the game.

Aug 8, 2017, 08:0908/08/17
02/29/16

IronApex Turok said:

i guess the lessons of the past are easily forgotten at plarium...

Originally posted by Plarium_Support:

Pirates: Tides of Fortune Kongregate shutdown

After careful consideration we have made the difficult decision to retire the dedicated Kongregate server for this title on October 26, 2014. While it is never easy to shut down support for any of our titles, falling user participation and payments have left us with little choice.

Please read the following Frequently Asked Questions for more information on what to do next.

Why is Plarium closing its Kongregate server?

There are no longer enough players on this server to pay for the server space and support staff required to keep it online.

What will happen to my units and my game progress?

Sadly, we won’t be able to compensate any of your game progress – this includes any buildings, units, research, rankings, or achievements you may have earned in the game.

Hello.

These are different cases. We're not planning to close the games.

As I said, devs are working on the game engine to keep it working without Flash.

It's my final reply regarding this question. This topic has been closed.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.