Oct 24, 2017, 22:0610/24/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

The protection against FB was already added to Castle Skin on Facebook. In the future, devs can add this skin to plarium.com as well.

> There should also be a requirement of achieving a certain level before being allowed to use FB or another limiting factor to limit the use of alts to FB. 

This limit already exists. Only players with the level 40+ can purchase FB.

Weor's protection is a temporary Item and a player can hide behind it forever. You need just wait when the Item will get inactive and then attack this player back.

You didn't answer the question asked earlier about this skin:  Can you fireball others while under its protection?  Weor at least means you can't attack while under that protection, but will a castle skin work the same, or will this merely empower the biggest coiners to fireball at will while being immune to return fire?

Hello.

Yes, in the way it's now on FB, players still can send Fireballs from their Castles under this Skin. 

But note that this Skin is temporary, and when the Skin is expired, you will be able to attack this player back.
Unless they buy another one :P
So if you rich enough and willing, you can get perma defence vs fireballs, and sit happy under your umbreall and throw fireballs around at other players. How ballanced is that Plarium?
Yep.  Of course you could always just continually run 24 hour auto catacomb items so it wouldn't matter if you get fireballed or not, or send out your fireballs then activate total protection as soon as they hit, this isn't really much different.  
Oct 24, 2017, 23:4110/24/17
03/01/15

BiohazarD said:

Yep.  Of course you could always just continually run 24 hour auto catacomb items so it wouldn't matter if you get fireballed or not, or send out your fireballs then activate total protection as soon as they hit, this isn't really much different.  

It is different actually.  Auto cata protects your troops, but does not keep your altar from being downgraded if you get hit.  It also does not provide the option to extend it.  You have to wait for it to expire, then apply a new one, meaning there will be brief gaps where your stuff is exposed. Additionally, auto cata protects only troops that you generate; it offers no protection to troops or altar that are out, nor does it auto cata wraiths people raise when they visit.  

As the facebook version of the fireball skin is described, it sounds like a subscription.  Keep pumping money in and it never expires.  It gives total fireball protection to all troops and assets in your castle while allowing you to bombard others to your heart's content.  As described, that skin is very unbalanced.  

If Plarium wants to sell items like that, then why don't they just sell instant wins for sapphires?  Why should I risk my troops; instead I can pay X sapphires and instantly kill all defenders and downgrade the fort/beacon.  Naturally, for maximum unfairness, only the one who uses the item gets PvP for it, and units killed by it would not get resurrected if it happened during beacon massacre because the game would not recognize them as killed at a beacon.  =P  As an added bonus, if Plarium did offer such an item, they could shut down Master's new line of business =P

Oct 25, 2017, 03:4410/25/17
07/25/15

Game turns into a slot machine just with no actual pay out what so ever.
Oct 25, 2017, 09:1010/25/17
02/29/16

Red said:

BiohazarD said:

It is different actually.  Auto cata protects your troops, but does not keep your altar from being downgraded if you get hit.  It also does not provide the option to extend it.  You have to wait for it to expire, then apply a new one, meaning there will be brief gaps where your stuff is exposed. Additionally, auto cata protects only troops that you generate; it offers no protection to troops or altar that are out, nor does it auto cata wraiths people raise when they visit.  

As the facebook version of the fireball skin is described, it sounds like a subscription.  Keep pumping money in and it never expires.  It gives total fireball protection to all troops and assets in your castle while allowing you to bombard others to your heart's content.  As described, that skin is very unbalanced.  

If Plarium wants to sell items like that, then why don't they just sell instant wins for sapphires?  Why should I risk my troops; instead I can pay X sapphires and instantly kill all defenders and downgrade the fort/beacon.  Naturally, for maximum unfairness, only the one who uses the item gets PvP for it, and units killed by it would not get resurrected if it happened during beacon massacre because the game would not recognize them as killed at a beacon.  =P  As an added bonus, if Plarium did offer such an item, they could shut down Master's new line of business =P

Hello.

While adding such features, we analyze what influence they have on the game and its balance. If after analyzing the results of adding this Skin, devs see that there are players who just purchase it all the time and Fireball other players from it, they can adjust the feature and, for example, forbid sending Fireballs while using this Skin, just like you suggested.

While adding the feature we take into account all consequences it can have for balance, and then check whether our suggestions regarding this or that consequence came true.

Also, devs are thinking about adding a new Unit that can be used against Fireballs, but I don't have any details regarding it at the moment.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 25, 2017, 18:3210/25/17
10/04/13
Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

While adding such features, we analyze what influence they have on the game and its balance. If after analyzing the results of adding this Skin, devs see that there are players who just purchase it all the time and Fireball other players from it, they can adjust the feature and, for example, forbid sending Fireballs while using this Skin, just like you suggested.

While adding the feature we take into account all consequences it can have for balance, and then check whether our suggestions regarding this or that consequence came true.

Also, devs are thinking about adding a new Unit that can be used against Fireballs, but I don't have any details regarding it at the moment.

A unit that can be used against fireballs?  One that doesn't cost sapphires to build?  Sounds fun :)
Oct 26, 2017, 07:4810/26/17
02/29/16

BiohazarD said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

A unit that can be used against fireballs?  One that doesn't cost sapphires to build?  Sounds fun :)

It's just in plans for now, don't have any details on how it could be implemented.

But it sounds like a good option against Fireball attacks ;)
Oct 26, 2017, 08:2610/26/17
07/25/15
Alina Phoenix said:

BiohazarD said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

It's just in plans for now, don't have any details on how it could be implemented.

People throwing burgers at each other is not really any good options anywhere.
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 26, 2017, 09:2110/26/17
10/04/13

Alina Phoenix said:

BiohazarD said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Red said:

BiohazarD said:

Hello.

For now I just use massed waves of pikemen to absorb the damage, I'm sure they'd be happy to hear an alternative is coming.  

I see 2 possible ways to do it.  One way is with something similar to the castle improvements where it's a permanent item that can be built with sapphires.  It would be considered a "primary target" for fireballs so it would have to be hit and destroyed before the fireballs could damage anything else, and once destroyed could be repaired with clicks or on a timer.  Maybe some kind of tower, each one has 12,600 defense so it can stop 1 fireball, costs 1500 sapphires, and takes 2 hours to repair.  

The other way would be to have it be a unit that can be built for resources, that has a large amount of defense but only against fireballs.  Again, this unit would have to be targeted by fireballs at a higher priority than other units in your castle, otherwise there's no point.  
Oct 26, 2017, 09:3910/26/17
Oct 26, 2017, 10:01(edited)
12/13/14

Alina Phoenix said:

devs are thinking about adding a new Unit that can be used against Fireballs.

Tell them not to bother, we already have one

It is called the Pikeman (or any other offense unit)

Snowgoon said:

315 Pikemen will absorb fireball damage
This is because plarium do not understand the difference between offense stats and defense stats 

But we still need an explanation why all offense units are using offense stats to defend against fireballs, contrary to all combat rules

I have always found it interesting that one fireball is designed to kill 21.5 Griffins, but will only kill 7.5 Dragons

More game imbalance?

Dragon defense should be 93.5
One fireball should kill 135 Dragons  -  http://prntscr.com/h27jeh

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 26, 2017, 21:3610/26/17
10/04/13
Snowgoon said:

Alina Phoenix said:

devs are thinking about adding a new Unit that can be used against Fireballs.

Tell them not to bother, we already have one

It is called the Pikeman (or any other offense unit)

Snowgoon said:

315 Pikemen will absorb fireball damage
This is because plarium do not understand the difference between offense stats and defense stats 

But we still need an explanation why all offense units are using offense stats to defend against fireballs, contrary to all combat rules

I have always found it interesting that one fireball is designed to kill 21.5 Griffins, but will only kill 7.5 Dragons

More game imbalance?

Dragon defense should be 93.5
One fireball should kill 135 Dragons  -  http://prntscr.com/h27jeh

The same reason they made the new lost arts levels give massive defense boosts to offense units, so that when idiot megacoiners leave all their offense out on their castle they won't lose it :P
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.