All Categories

Doesn't seem right.

Doesn't seem right.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 25, 2017, 19:2607/25/17

Doesn't seem right.

Two days in and level 38 and I go to raid a level 36 player.  Just for the record I failed to raid them.  I get an instant letter from the Marshall  saying "What do you think you are doing"? .  Well I thought that was obvious I was raiding.

After a brief exchange I was informed by this level 85 Marshall that raids were for resource gathering only, I should only be raiding non-leagued players and that I should join a league that would teach me how to actually play the game.  (I'm assuming this was meant as a insult to the league I have joined)

This just seems like outright rudeness and intimidation tactics to me.  Not to mention completely wrong as there are other reasons to raid someone than resources, like the PVP points I earned.

I guess there's not much I can do about it but it doesn't exactly make me want to continue.  Really I failed and your still going to give me this kind of grief about it? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 25, 2017, 21:3507/25/17
Jul 25, 2017, 21:36(edited)
12/18/14

lol this is a war game some leagues get very indignant when their members get hit

generally castle wars are how lower level players learn to fight - no you were not wrong you are allowed to attack leagued castles but i would do resource raids then pvp raids so as not to waste your resource raids

MOST good leagues will let players "fight it out" if its a fair fight the difference in levels was 2 so that's pretty fair

the only time a league should actually get involved is when there is a vast difference in levels or if it seems that their member is being targeted otherwise how else do players learn?

you should chat with some of your more experienced players in your league regarding the mechanics of the game and the better strategies regarding pvp play

that being said i generally tell my players that are lower levels to make sure to keep their troops in catacombs at all times in order to avoid big losses while you try to build up your army a bit - there is no shame in living to fight another day :)
Jul 25, 2017, 22:0307/25/17
07/25/15

Barlow said:

Two days in and level 38 and I go to raid a level 36 player.  Just for the record I failed to raid them.  I get an instant letter from the Marshall  saying "What do you think you are doing"? .  Well I thought that was obvious I was raiding.

After a brief exchange I was informed by this level 85 Marshall that raids were for resource gathering only, I should only be raiding non-leagued players and that I should join a league that would teach me how to actually play the game.  (I'm assuming this was meant as a insult to the league I have joined)

This just seems like outright rudeness and intimidation tactics to me.  Not to mention completely wrong as there are other reasons to raid someone than resources, like the PVP points I earned.

I guess there's not much I can do about it but it doesn't exactly make me want to continue.  Really I failed and your still going to give me this kind of grief about it? 

Raid the same target again, .... and if you get any more mails, ask if the dude is retarded. 

You see Plarium games is a weird hybrid of jello carebears and wannabe pvp'ers, all accomodated by Plarium. People that just had it and didnt want to play, leave, and their castles is left behind as "content" for other players to raid for resources, trap other players etc. People seldom attack you unless they know they can hit you hard. Just about everyone keep their units in catacombs, because, well. Why defend your castle right?

If someone is not in your league or allied to your league, or is on a "no hit list" of your league, do whatever fk you want. Just keep in mind someone that seems innocent and feeble might be the alt of some big guy, or got some big friends or whatever. 

People that send letters and cry jello tears when you raid them, asking why? as they hadnt done anything toi you. Well shit, they took the wrong turn when they went looking for hello kitty online right?
Jul 25, 2017, 22:1507/25/17
07/25/15

djmoody said:

They wouldn't be much of a Marshal if they didn't look out for their league mates. They are only doing their duty really.

Pointing out a win win situation - i.e. you hit inactives you still get your resource, their member doesn't get attacked seems like quite a diplomatic way of going about things to be honest. You could have come across a lot worse.

Your game play is your choice, If you want to go Braveheart good for you and you might have a lot of fun but the most successful strategy for early game is likely to be to keep your nose clean and make no enemies, giving yourself time to grow and get competitive. Might mean eating some humble pie but you can still go Arya Stark on them down the line when you are ready.

Well, that is when you find out where people live and nail a dead rat to their door with a note "see you in stormfall". If you want to do the Arya Stark route that is. :p

Jul 25, 2017, 22:1507/25/17
12/18/14
djmoody said:

They wouldn't be much of a Marshal if they didn't look out for their league mates. They are only doing their duty really.

Pointing out a win win situation - i.e. you hit inactives you still get your resource, their member doesn't get attacked seems like quite a diplomatic way of going about things to be honest. You could have come across a lot worse.

Your game play is your choice, If you want to go Braveheart good for you and you might have a lot of fun but the most successful strategy for early game is likely to be to keep your nose clean and make no enemies, giving yourself time to grow and get competitive. Might mean eating some humble pie but you can still go Arya Stark on them down the line when you are ready.
good points I like the Arya Stark reference ha ha she did bide her time until she was ready to seek her much desired revenge :)
Jul 25, 2017, 22:2207/25/17

djmoody said:

If it had been put to me in this way then I could see the value of it.  It was not however it was much more along the lines of "who do you think you are, peasant?"   Since then I've gotten subsequent mails from the player I attacked as well that could only be described as threatening.  I think perhaps Roadstar's advice of ignoring them might be the best in this case.  

I do see the value in keeping a low profile at this stage but still seems a bit much for what was essentially my loss in the first place.   
Jul 25, 2017, 22:2707/25/17
07/25/15
Barlow said:

djmoody said:

If it had been put to me in this way then I could see the value of it.  It was not however it was much more along the lines of "who do you think you are, peasant?"   Since then I've gotten subsequent mails from the player I attacked as well that could only be described as threatening.  I think perhaps Roadstar's advice of ignoring them might be the best in this case.  

I do see the value in keeping a low profile at this stage but still seems a bit much for what was essentially my loss in the first place.   
He only send you mails to threaten you because he lean on his league's help. Its like some small kid taunting a older one, knowing he got a big bro ready to help him out of shit hit the fan.
Jul 25, 2017, 22:3007/25/17
07/25/15

djmoody said:

Well, one thing is to look out for your league members. But if you take the approach of "no one is allowed to hit our guys" and at the same time, tell your guys to go out and raid others...  This game a lot of "do to others as they do to you". If you want to excempt yourself from pvp in a pvp game, then you just playing the wrong game. 

BiohazarDModerator
Jul 25, 2017, 23:5907/25/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

Well, one thing is to look out for your league members. But if you take the approach of "no one is allowed to hit our guys" and at the same time, tell your guys to go out and raid others...  This game a lot of "do to others as they do to you". If you want to excempt yourself from pvp in a pvp game, then you just playing the wrong game. 

Yeah a lot of leagues do that, go out and pick fights then get upset and cry bullying when a bigger league comes after them.  
Jul 26, 2017, 00:3207/26/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

Yeah a lot of leagues do that, go out and pick fights then get upset and cry bullying when a bigger league comes after them.  
Actually I find it more hillarious when the new really BIG guys get uppset over some smaller hit their sieges, or even make a successfull raid at their castle. Its like "you dare hit me?"
Jul 26, 2017, 04:2107/26/17
12/18/14

in all seriousness though two castles have a skirmish is what the game should be about and since they were of the same level then I see league intervention as an intimidation factor

if it was a level 70 player hitting a level 38 player just starting the game I would probably message the level 70 or give them a smack myself

we WANT new players so intimidating new ones is not the way to keep them playing
Aug 4, 2017, 17:3208/04/17
Aug 4, 2017, 17:36(edited)
12/20/16

Barlow, 

We hope you're still playing.  This is a war game, hit who you want unless specified by your league rules.  if you're unhappy with your league, the're a lot to choose from.   Learn from experienced members.  If you want to be an aggressive player, here are 2 pieces of advice. First, build up your castle defense, best way to 'win' at this game is to defend at your castle.  Make sure you know the strength of the incoming enemy, this game is like poker, sometimes you have to lose so you get to know your opponent. Second, people are weird about fiefs. They get very possessive over something so worthless. Use this. 

I can tell you this.  We had a member "CJ", who took on 2 leagues at level 47 by himself and WON.  We have 2 level 90+ marshals asking us for peace (we did not even know we were 'at war").   Need less to say, it's hard to keep a strait face when someone ask you for peace from a level 47 recruit.   You do not need the levels, only knowledge, time and courage to do it.  

Aug 7, 2017, 08:5108/07/17
02/29/16

Dailach said:

Barlow, 

We hope you're still playing.  This is a war game, hit who you want unless specified by your league rules.  if you're unhappy with your league, the're a lot to choose from.   Learn from experienced members.  If you want to be an aggressive player, here are 2 pieces of advice. First, build up your castle defense, best way to 'win' at this game is to defend at your castle.  Make sure you know the strength of the incoming enemy, this game is like poker, sometimes you have to lose so you get to know your opponent. Second, people are weird about fiefs. They get very possessive over something so worthless. Use this. 

I can tell you this.  We had a member "CJ", who took on 2 leagues at level 47 by himself and WON.  We have 2 level 90+ marshals asking us for peace (we did not even know we were 'at war").   Need less to say, it's hard to keep a strait face when someone ask you for peace from a level 47 recruit.   You do not need the levels, only knowledge, time and courage to do it.  

Thanks for your pieces of advice, Lord Dailach.

They're very useful, and I think they'll help Lord Barlow a lot.

Aug 10, 2017, 09:1508/10/17
02/22/16
Yeah me thinks Money Had something to do with it More than Courage LOL
BiohazarDModerator
Aug 10, 2017, 10:2208/10/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

Actually I find it more hillarious when the new really BIG guys get uppset over some smaller hit their sieges, or even make a successfull raid at their castle. Its like "you dare hit me?"
Eh that can be fun sometimes.  Find a coiner with a few hundred mil offense, have your league put about 500 mil def on your castle behind 40k+ defense bonus, then go raid a bunch of his sieges and wait for the fireworks to start :P
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.