Coining

69 Replies
Limad
1 August, 2017, 5:46 PM UTC
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

I would like to clarify this situation with Sapphires and make sure that there is no any confusion here.

1. You receive a League Chest. Please remember the number of Sapphires you have in your account.

2. You click on Open button. In this moment the Sapphires and other Rewards are added. 

3. You click on Ok button. The window with the Reward you receive is closed, but a number of Sapphires don't change as they were added once you clicked on Open button.

If you're still sure that Sapphires are not added to your account, please contact our Support Team.

Hi Alina, I can see what you guys were trying to do, reduce the number of clicks and have everything in one easy to spot place. That's fine for standard league rewards, we can all see the troop numbers and resource numbers rise when we click open. But it doesn't really make sense for Chests, because the rewards are so diverse. If its not troops or sapphs then we've no way of telling if the rewards have been applied. It's going to be nigh-on impossible to check if that Troop recall or 4 hour boost or whatever was added to our accounts because i'm assuming most sane people have no idea how many they currently have. I've over 1,100 unused Black Market things so I'm just taking it on faith that the right things are being applied. It seems there's a problem with sapphs, but there's no practical way to tell if there are problems with any other items. It's a new feature, I'm sure some people would like to check first before the items are applied. Just my take on it. 
Hola!
UTC -12:00
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
2 August, 2017, 8:10 AM UTC

Limad said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, Lords and Ladies.

I would like to clarify this situation with Sapphires and make sure that there is no any confusion here.

1. You receive a League Chest. Please remember the number of Sapphires you have in your account.

2. You click on Open button. In this moment the Sapphires and other Rewards are added. 

3. You click on Ok button. The window with the Reward you receive is closed, but a number of Sapphires don't change as they were added once you clicked on Open button.

If you're still sure that Sapphires are not added to your account, please contact our Support Team.

Hi Alina, I can see what you guys were trying to do, reduce the number of clicks and have everything in one easy to spot place. That's fine for standard league rewards, we can all see the troop numbers and resource numbers rise when we click open. But it doesn't really make sense for Chests, because the rewards are so diverse. If its not troops or sapphs then we've no way of telling if the rewards have been applied. It's going to be nigh-on impossible to check if that Troop recall or 4 hour boost or whatever was added to our accounts because i'm assuming most sane people have no idea how many they currently have. I've over 1,100 unused Black Market things so I'm just taking it on faith that the right things are being applied. It seems there's a problem with sapphs, but there's no practical way to tell if there are problems with any other items. It's a new feature, I'm sure some people would like to check first before the items are applied. Just my take on it. 

Hello.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this question, my Lord :)

Before implementing any new feature, it's thoroughly tested by our QA team. One of the first things that were tested in this feature, was whether the Reward is added properly once the Chest is opened.

Players still can test it from their end, but it will require some time. As you said, many players can have a lot of different Items on their Black market plus players don't know before opening the Chest what exactly they'll receive.

Usually, in Chests players can receive some packs of Resources or Items that can be found in Misc > Special tab on the Black Market. To check whether they are added properly, you'll need to make the screenshots of these tabs before opening the Chest. Then open Chest and compare a number of Items before and after. As I said, it'll require some time, but if you think that some Items are not added once the Chest is opened, it's the only way to check it.

Community Manager
UTC +2:00
IronApex Turok
2 August, 2017, 9:05 PM UTC

i need a garauntee that plarium is prepared to migrate to HTML5 and can do it effeciently in under 2 years before i become a major coiner again.

i need to know which game was the test bed for the first migration so i can see how that went. i know you have already done one. 

also need to know if that was browser based game or was it done in facebooks gameroom?

will browser based gaming continue to be supported as a stand alone option or will be be forced to use gameroom?

UTC +0:00
Sir Dan Saul Knight
3 August, 2017, 12:36 AM UTC

You won't get a guarantee about something that happens in 3 years time.

It really is too far in the future for them to be able to keep the promise, even if they fully intended it. A lot of things can change in 3 years.

Realistically the servers feel like they have died quite significantly over the last year to 18 months. I can't believe in 3 years time they would warrant investment in porting to HTML 5. The series of games (Stormfall/TD etc) would be 6/7 years old by then, not a bad product life cycle.
Gadheras
3 August, 2017, 12:42 AM UTC

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

You won't get a guarantee about something that happens in 3 years time.

It really is too far in the future for them to be able to keep the promise, even if they fully intended it. A lot of things can change in 3 years.

Realistically the servers feel like they have died quite significantly over the last year to 18 months. I can't believe in 3 years time they would warrant investment in porting to HTML 5. The series of games (Stormfall/TD etc) would be 6/7 years old by then, not a bad product life cycle.

EVE-Online is 14 years old. Still going strong.... 5-6 years is laughable :p
Oracle
3 August, 2017, 8:19 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

i need a garauntee that plarium is prepared to migrate to HTML5 and can do it effeciently in under 2 years before i become a major coiner again.

i need to know which game was the test bed for the first migration so i can see how that went. i know you have already done one. 

also need to know if that was browser based game or was it done in facebooks gameroom?

will browser based gaming continue to be supported as a stand alone option or will be be forced to use gameroom?

Facebook by default uses HTML5 codes when running its game although they're many flash games, like farmville

There are problems that comes with HTML5 for example, 3D graphics and other isometric object don't run too well or as good as with flash. other problem like performance hits on computers with middling to low RAM. And how many Browsers support HTML5.

Is best to wait it out and see. But Plarium is looking for a solution.

Throne uses WebG and HTML5, But I am not absolutely sure. 

https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2017/07/25/Games-Migration-to-Open-Web-Standards/

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
3 August, 2017, 8:45 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

Hello. 

Facebook and Plarium.com are the different platforms. We don't plan to close either of them.

The answer to your question regarding any guarantees can be found here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/54723_r-i-p-flashplayer-2020/?post=357171

Please let's have this question discussed in one topic to avoid spamming and confusion.

All further comment regarding this question in this topic will be deleted.
Community Manager
BiohazarD
4 August, 2017, 5:44 AM UTC

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

Facebook by default uses HTML5 codes when running its game although they're many flash games, like farmville

There are problems that comes with HTML5 for example, 3D graphics and other isometric object don't run too well or as good as with flash. other problem like performance hits on computers with middling to low RAM. And how many Browsers support HTML5.

Is best to wait it out and see. But Plarium is looking for a solution.

Throne uses WebG and HTML5, But I am not absolutely sure. 

https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2017/07/25/Games-Migration-to-Open-Web-Standards/

Exactly, html5 isn't perfect either.  Plarium should port their games over to visual basic instead.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

nobody
4 August, 2017, 8:04 PM UTC

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Oracle said:

Lord Mark said:

What is Superior Chest ??

The higher the cost of the purchase the better the chest, the better the content and reward. So a purchase costing 9$ will have less value chest compared to one costing 99$. 

Chest obtained by special purchases could have higher chest value depending on the algorithm.

Why would someone spend 99 USD on a league chest? For the majority of the people 99 USD is a lot of money. That being said, was such a chest to be opened the other day, it had 5 dwarfs and a 25% food bonus inside it.... way to go Plarium. SUPERIOR. 

You spending 100's of USD a month on this game on a personal level do you?

Hello, my Lord.

For $99.99 a player can get a Legendary Chest. It's the rarest Chest a player can get, and it has the most valuable content. 

As with all our Offers, each player decides on his/her own whether to accept the given Offer or not.

financial recovery protocol commence.

Your comment was edited by CM as it breaks the Forum Rules, point 1.2
BiohazarD
5 August, 2017, 10:11 AM UTC
nobody said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Gadheras said:

Oracle said:

Lord Mark said:

What is Superior Chest ??

The higher the cost of the purchase the better the chest, the better the content and reward. So a purchase costing 9$ will have less value chest compared to one costing 99$. 

Chest obtained by special purchases could have higher chest value depending on the algorithm.

Why would someone spend 99 USD on a league chest? For the majority of the people 99 USD is a lot of money. That being said, was such a chest to be opened the other day, it had 5 dwarfs and a 25% food bonus inside it.... way to go Plarium. SUPERIOR. 

You spending 100's of USD a month on this game on a personal level do you?

Hello, my Lord.

For $99.99 a player can get a Legendary Chest. It's the rarest Chest a player can get, and it has the most valuable content. 

As with all our Offers, each player decides on his/her own whether to accept the given Offer or not.

financial recovery protocol commence.
The name calling isn't necessary...
1718935 users registered; 42083 topics; 269748 posts; our newest member:vanya_nsk