All Categories

Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ...

Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ...

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Nov 28, 2017, 13:4811/28/17
07/25/15

Dimitri Molchanov said:

makodave63 said:

why wont an agent of palarium sf let me contact them been playing 7 years and have spent $ even know you say that's not required

Who are you trying to contact and how?

7 years playing and paying I guess he think his VIP is long time overdue :p

MariusAdmin
Nov 28, 2017, 14:0511/28/17
09/04/17
Thank you for the clarification, Gadheras. I am afraid that not every player that fits the criteria to be invited into the VIP program can be invited simply due to limited resources. We do plan to expand the program in the future, however.
Nov 30, 2017, 13:2911/30/17
05/11/16
Ichezis said:

Hello Lords and Ladies!

Please, let me introduce this kind of feedback to you:

What we'll do here, is use our imagination to see what we could improve on the updates.

The idea is simple:

Every now and then I'll post a reply to this topic, starting with this. The replies after that, should be related to that topic.

The rules are also simple:

• Keep things calm & nice;
  • Stay formal;
  • Use your imagination;
  • Only give constructive feedback/critique;

As I cannot write down every single rule, I trust you on following the most important rules (These forum's rules, game rules, etc.)

An easy example:

Imagine: You were the initiator and developer of the idea about adding the Hamlets.
You just released it, but a lot of players dislike this idea.

What would you do to improve this idea to the max for the community? 

Let the imagination take over your mind; let's start off with the question below!

Imagine: You were the initiator and developer of the idea about increasing the Lost Arts' levels.
You just released it, but you notice many disappointed players. 

What would you do to improve this idea to the max for the community?

Dec 1, 2017, 01:3612/01/17
05/02/17

I would improve the color contrast and game graphics. It can be so hard to make out some of the text and graphics. This new snow makes it extremly hard to see the tributes.

Thanks for listening
Dec 4, 2017, 14:5912/04/17
02/29/16

Cirrium said:

I would improve the color contrast and game graphics. It can be so hard to make out some of the text and graphics. This new snow makes it extremly hard to see the tributes.

Thanks for listening

Hello :)

Our devs are working on a big task for the game design improvement. So, the changes will come ;)
Dec 4, 2017, 22:1012/04/17
06/20/15

Our devs are working on a big task for the game design improvement. So, the changes will come ;)

Will they be 'temporary' as well.  ?????

Dec 5, 2017, 11:5912/05/17
02/29/16
Cranky said:

Will they be 'temporary' as well.  ?????

No, they should be the permanent ones :)
Dec 15, 2017, 08:0812/15/17
01/26/15

Alina Phoenix said:

KING said:

but that was off topic

1) if i was a developer i would work on making defense units eat MUCH less so they can at least stand up to offense for the same aamount of food consumption 

2) make the ranking system in terms of league rank worth something, thus encouraging leagues to upgrade beacons otherwise this is just Kabam Version 2,0

3) give me saphs cause ideas are not for free LOL hahaha ...... yip in my dreams, any of this will get to development

these are just the base of the update i had in mind there are so many things you could do to balance this game out

Thanks for the suggestions :)

1. Taking into account that Units don't die anymore if you run out of food, I don't think it influences a lot Defense vs Offense Units battle.

2. Devs are already working on the Leagues functionality. So, many interesting things and updates should be added in the future :)

3. The suggestions lead to positive changes in the game and make it more enjoyable to play. So, I think it's a decent reward already :)

You're welcome to share your other suggestions in the Suggestions thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/

1) ARE YOU SERIOUS, there is only 7 level 5 beacons as we talk of 700+ beacons you telling me offense doesn't have an advantage ... THE ONLY PLACE OFFENSE IS AT A DISADVANTAGE IS AT YOUR OWN CASTLE (KEY WORD "OWN CASTLE")

2) well the map looks like Kabam 2,0 already .... HMMM i think DJ was correct with joining Balurs side they are hands down the winners heck if they were in the league rankings they would be 1st

3) im doing your developers job for them, think i deserve some of that $$$

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD: "Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ..."

WHAT YOU TELL ME TO DO: "You're welcome to share your other suggestions in the Suggestions thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/"

IF YOU ONLY GOING TO REFER US TO SOMEWHERE ELSE WHY CREATE THIS ONE ??????

Dec 16, 2017, 19:5412/16/17
11/26/14
i just added my though to game suggestions thread - maybe i should have posted here instead? - too late
Dec 18, 2017, 11:1512/18/17
02/29/16

KING said:

Alina Phoenix said:

KING said:

but that was off topic

1) if i was a developer i would work on making defense units eat MUCH less so they can at least stand up to offense for the same aamount of food consumption 

2) make the ranking system in terms of league rank worth something, thus encouraging leagues to upgrade beacons otherwise this is just Kabam Version 2,0

3) give me saphs cause ideas are not for free LOL hahaha ...... yip in my dreams, any of this will get to development

these are just the base of the update i had in mind there are so many things you could do to balance this game out

Thanks for the suggestions :)

1. Taking into account that Units don't die anymore if you run out of food, I don't think it influences a lot Defense vs Offense Units battle.

2. Devs are already working on the Leagues functionality. So, many interesting things and updates should be added in the future :)

3. The suggestions lead to positive changes in the game and make it more enjoyable to play. So, I think it's a decent reward already :)

You're welcome to share your other suggestions in the Suggestions thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/

1) ARE YOU SERIOUS, there is only 7 level 5 beacons as we talk of 700+ beacons you telling me offense doesn't have an advantage ... THE ONLY PLACE OFFENSE IS AT A DISADVANTAGE IS AT YOUR OWN CASTLE (KEY WORD "OWN CASTLE")

2) well the map looks like Kabam 2,0 already .... HMMM i think DJ was correct with joining Balurs side they are hands down the winners heck if they were in the league rankings they would be 1st

3) im doing your developers job for them, think i deserve some of that $$$

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT PART

THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD: "Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ..."

WHAT YOU TELL ME TO DO: "You're welcome to share your other suggestions in the Suggestions thread: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/"

IF YOU ONLY GOING TO REFER US TO SOMEWHERE ELSE WHY CREATE THIS ONE ??????

Hello.

The main concern with Beacons now is that there are no either attack or defense limits on them. I broached this question with the developers, and they said that they're thinking about this moment and will come up with the conclusion on whether to add this limit or not soon.

So, for now, I'm waiting for their update.

This thread was created by a player and was meant for fun more. The Official Suggestions thread is the one I provided you with.
Feb 21, 2018, 19:4502/21/18
10/15/14

Please add option to time limit travel time of caravans in market. for example i would like to put on market 20k gold in exchange for 20k iron and  max travel time for my caravans to be 3h (this we can chose from 1,2,3,4...) if i chose. it is crazy when someone accept your offer and then you get stuck for half a day without caravans just because he don't care for travel time.  

Feb 23, 2018, 10:2102/23/18
02/29/16

DraK said:

Please add option to time limit travel time of caravans in market. for example i would like to put on market 20k gold in exchange for 20k iron and  max travel time for my caravans to be 3h (this we can chose from 1,2,3,4...) if i chose. it is crazy when someone accept your offer and then you get stuck for half a day without caravans just because he don't care for travel time.  

Hello.

The traveling time is based on the distance. So, we can't make the same period of times that you can choose.

Feb 25, 2018, 11:3602/25/18
08/22/15
Alina Phoenix said:

DraK said:

Hello.

The traveling time is based on the distance. So, we can't make the same period of times that you can choose.

Drak is not saying to make travel times the same. He is saying you could set a limit and longer travel times would not be accepted.
Aug 20, 2018, 13:2208/20/18
02/29/16

roadstar Pitbull said:

How about posting game news and announcements in the proper section, instead of the "entertainment" section.

Upcoming 'features' sounds like news to me.

Referring to recent forum bans.

Why does Plarium not allow any sort of of discussion or criticism of the game, even through a 'closed discussion' system?

We are often told each game is independent, but are repeatedly besieged by updates and features not wanted or needed? We are told players wanted some features, yet I fail to see anything to back up those ideals.

Why are the games basics not addressed while being 'updated' with features that are partially based on the flawed basics?

(fortress and beacon champions,,, why??)

Seems like a lot smoke and mirrors being tossed at the players to distract them from basic gameplay, In hopes of returning the cash flow to previous levels. 

And oh yes, almost forgot....

Have the developers read the forums for themselves, even if they can't reply.

We seemingly are having translation issues or something...

Hello!

1. In the News and Announcements, we post only those topics where we talk about features that were added to the game already. 

Teasers are more entertainment content than a fixed news about smth new in the game.

2. Any actions of Community manager/moderators (including bans) are not topic for discussion on Forum. If you have any questions on ban, please forward them to our Support team: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

3. Yes, all game platforms are independent, but very often features are the same on all platforms of the same game. Plus, while gathering feedback we take into account not only replies from English Forum, but from Russian Forum as well.

4. Devs read Forum from time to time when they want to see feedback of the new feature by themselves. But in the majority of cases, all feedback is forwarded to them by Community manager.

Aug 23, 2018, 04:4608/23/18
08/21/14
I suggest moving this thread to suggestion board.   When it comes down to it, this is nothing more than a suggestion thread.  Get rid of redundancy and move this to Suggestion board.  I also recommend closing it, as having 2 suggestion threads open at same time can get very annoying.
Aug 23, 2018, 14:2508/23/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

I suggest moving this thread to suggestion board.   When it comes down to it, this is nothing more than a suggestion thread.  Get rid of redundancy and move this to Suggestion board.  I also recommend closing it, as having 2 suggestion threads open at same time can get very annoying.

I don't think these threads are the same.

Here you can imagine what you would do if you were a developer. It's not obligatory a suggestion.
Aug 26, 2018, 02:5008/26/18
Aug 26, 2018, 02:51(edited)
08/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Here you can imagine what you would do if you were a developer. It's not obligatory a suggestion.

Why do we have a suggestion board?  So people can suggest changes to the game that they want.   Why do you ask what a person would do if they were a developer?  So they can say how they would have developed the game, which means they would have implemented the suggestions they wanted.

The only difference between the two are that the player gets to implement what they want as a developer, but must suggest what they want as a player.  In both cases, the end result is the same....stating what they want...that is different than what is current.
Aug 27, 2018, 10:2808/27/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Why do we have a suggestion board?  So people can suggest changes to the game that they want.   Why do you ask what a person would do if they were a developer?  So they can say how they would have developed the game, which means they would have implemented the suggestions they wanted.

The only difference between the two are that the player gets to implement what they want as a developer, but must suggest what they want as a player.  In both cases, the end result is the same....stating what they want...that is different than what is current.

The result is not the same :) In this topic you can dream for a while and imagine some global changes.

Suggestions Thread is more strict and we don't accept some global changes and suggestions for new big features: https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/suggestions/31546_which-suggestions-we--do-not--accept/

Aug 29, 2018, 17:0908/29/18
09/27/14

if I was the game developer I would drop sketches and let you upgrade with only regular resources. I would also lower medal costs, restore the old settlements and get rid of hamlets. I would also make it so that larger leagues attacking forts and beacons get a debuff when attacking smaller leagues beacons and forts. My league on the farwols crown server, Ironclad, Tried to hold a beacon with 40 members and we had it upgraded and well defended but out comes the number 1 ranked league with 160 members and destroys everything we had in it. The beacon massecres and tornaments should be separated into classes much like the league duals are as well. 

Don't tell me that this would debalence the gmae because I know It wouldn't. It would only make the game more player oriented.
Aug 30, 2018, 23:2208/30/18
Sep 2, 2018, 15:51(edited)
08/21/14

I would create an additional server that is subscription based...around $10 monthly.   Real world money could not be used to purchase anything in the game.

I would remove all tournament formats that have run in the past couple of years and replace them with the old tournament formats of 3-4 years ago.  For example:  a tourney might last several days, but only occur once a month.   BG tournaments would have quest items and soulstones again, along with their associated stories.

Champion experience would be added to the weekly rankings, and Champion tournaments would be held only once a month as well, though 5-7 days long (Perhaps a 2 week long quarterly one).   All bonds and orbs will be available for purchase via emeralds.  Holy bonds and Grade V orbs will be expensive, but obtainable.

All bonds and orbs would have a chance of being found in undead battles.  When a bond is discovered, there will a 5% epic chance and 1% Holy chance.  When an orb is discovered, there will a 5% Grade IV chance, and a 1% Grade V chance.  Chance of getting a bond shall remain as current.  Chance of getting an orb shall be 1%.

If a Stonebreaker is used to attack an undead of equal or higher power and is successful....Grade IV gets 1% bonus of discovering an orb per battle per rank.  Grade V gets 1% bonus of discovering an orb per battle per rank, starting at 5% at rank 1.  Enlightenment of a Grade IV Stonebreaker will increase the chances that the discovered orb is Grade IV or V by 1% per enlightenment level.  Enlightenment of a Grade V Stonebreaker will increase the chances that the discovered orb is Grade IV or V by 2% per enlightenment level.  (Level does not matter)

So, if a Grade V Stonebreaker with Rank 6, +5 enlightenment attacks and kills an undead with equal or higher power, there will be a 10% chance of an orb being discovered.   This orb will have a 15% chance of being a Grade IV orb and an 11% chance of being a Grade V orb.

Food restrictions would be implemented without safe locations.  (however, location and power would be prioritized to determine which troops deserted first).  This is a strategy war game.  Food planning has always been part of war.

Server activity, for all servers, would be publicly displayed on the community website, with updates every 5 minutes.

Some features will not be implemented right away, and instead will require server polling with a minimum 75% to implement.  Some features, once implemented, may face yearly polls to maintain or eliminate (with elimination only possible after 3 separate 30 days polls over 6 months with 75% player based elimination vote have occurred)

When polls, are conducted, only 1 vote per player.  Alternate votes will not be allowed.  Any player using alternate accounts to add votes ...in any game influencing poll....will be banned from future voting.  Any attempts to vote after banning will result in a server ban.  Coiner servers will provide the income needed to employ sufficient resources (including human) to help ensure compliance with all game balancing rules.

Current prices for in game items would be changed to reflect the coin-less economy.

The Wheel of Fortune will be eliminated.

All instant abilities will be eliminated.   Boosting may or may not remain.  I've not decided.

Troop building levels, especially Hall of Shadows and Council of Mages, will either be eliminated or have their construction upgrade times greatly reduced (likely by at least 200%, though I'm leaning more towards 500%).  If elimination is chosen, troop experience and medals may be eliminated as well.  I would likely use a 90 day server wide poll to allow the players to decide whether or not to include troop experience with the above caveats.

League command will be entirely up to the Marshal.    The Marshal will have settings to control which ranks have visual access and which ranks have control over various issues.  League dismissal will not be implemented without 3 separate 30 day server wide polls with a minimum 75% player vote requesting it.

The Black Market will be merged into the Market, except for units.  Purchasing units at the market will be eliminated.  Imperial unit training will remain unchanged, though sapphire requirements may be reduced.

All troops will be trainable, though resource requirements for Legendary units and Thieves will be enormous.  A combination of gold/iron/food, amulets, soulstones, sapphires, and emeralds will be necessary in varying amounts (dependent on unit power).

Beastiary tab will no longer include spies.  A new tab will be provided for spies, thieves, amulet units, legendary units, Castle summoner repair, and fortification repair.

The Market will include a Bank and *Auction House.

All in game currencies can be traded between players at the bank, with exchange rates set by the players themselves.  Its a free market.

*The Auction House will allow players to sell most in game items.  The player can choose to sell an item via auction, with an adjustable time limit of up to 7 days, sell with a fixed price for up to 7 days, or list the item with both an instant buy price as well as a bidding price (up to 7 day time limit).

Buying resources via currency will still be allowed, though only from players.

Fireballs will still be allowed.  However, an additional fortification type will be added.  This will be Sorcerer.   All Sentry fortifications will be upgradable to Sorcerer fortifications.   Sorcerer fortifications will provide resistance to fireballs.   Ten Level 10 Sorcerer fortifications will provide 100% Fireball resistance as long as they are available.  Each Sorcerer fortification provides 1% fireball damage resistance per upgrade level.

All fortifications will have health points.  The higher the level of fortification, the higher the number of health points.   All fortifications will be subject to damage by incoming fireballs and raids.  Fireballs will maintain their current damage ability.  Raid damage will be based on power of raid.

Incoming fireballs will damage Sorcerers first.  As each Sorcerer falls, their protection falls with them, allowing collateral troop and fortification damage.   (In other words, if you only have 9 level 10 Sorcerers still standing, then 10% fireball damage will be spread equally to troops and remaining fortifications).  Once Sorcerers have fallen, Spirit Wardens (if implemented) will take damage next.  Once the Spirit Wardens have fallen, fireball damage is spread equally among the remaining fortifications until only 50% of fortification health points remain.  After that, damage will follow the same model as raid damage.  Fireballs can still be a way to soften the enemy up before a raid hits, but the cost (hopefully) will be set at a level that is generally prohibitively expensive against already weak defenses.  Their spying utility will probably be less effective as well with this model.

Incoming raids must destroy all catapults and ballista before they can damage anything else.  Once those are down, remaining fortifications take damage equally.  Once fortification health points have been reduced to 50%, collateral troop damage begins.   Collateral damage increases exponentially until fortifications are at 25%, where troop damage is 100%.   If implemented, associated castle wardens will take damage first, followed by castle guards, followed by wraiths, followed by remaining troops as per current model.  Castle improvements will take a percentage of damage as well.

Castle Summoners will take on a much greater role.   They will be obtainable only with emeralds, and will upgrade automatically with the Town Hall.  Each summoner will provide 1% repair speed boost per level.   Five Summoners with a Level 22 Town Hall will provide 110% boost to repair speed.

Once damaged Castle Summoners are repaired (not sure how long 0%-100% yet, though likely dependent on TH level), they will begin repairing castle guards, followed by castle improvements (automatically siphoning off 10% resource production until complete).

Castle fortifications will require resources to repair, using the additional troop tab.  A new building will be added for this purpose, likely given an old skin that the player base votes on.   This building will not be required, as it will share the same UI as the 4 troop buildings, but can be built if so desired.   (Some buildings will be given a destroy option in the edit interface).   Fortifications can only be repaired from the ground up.   This means all walls, towers, and gates must be completely repaired before Ballista, Catapults, and Sentries can be repaired.  Sentries must be repaired before Sorcerers can be repaired.

I'm not sure at this time if I would give Catapults and Ballista special abilites.  It sounds like it would a cool idea, though.  Perhaps Catapults could reflect back a percentage of infantry and cavalry damage while Ballista could reflect back a percentage of Occult and beastiary damage.

Level 6-10 fortifications will each require their own Lost Art discovery.   Players will have to decide via voting whether they want 5 additional skins instead of just 1, or if they prefer to hide their strength behind the identical skins.  Maybe it will be possible to allow a player to use any of the skins available, regardless of the fortification level.  Maybe make the skins available with their current associated fort level lost art.  (A player could only access the current level 4 skin after discovering the level 4 Fort lost art, but could still use it on his/her forts even if they're only at level 1)

Spies can only be killed by Assassins and **Fireballs.  Sufficient defenses must be down (as stated previously) for any troop, even a spy, to be killed by a fireball.

**Anytime a castle is attacked by an Assassin, fireball, raid, or siege, all spies not killed in the attack (if Assassin or fireball) go immediately to the catacombs and an attack timer is started.  This timer is adjustable for 10 minutes to 1 hour, and can be toggled on or off.   This timer starts, or restarts, with every attack.   If the timer fully counts down before the next attack, the spies return to their posts.  Again, this feature can be toggled on and time adjusted, or toggled off.  If toggled off, the spies remain in the cats until the player moves them.

Incoming raids and sieges always give sufficient warning for the spies to evade death, hence the reason they can not be killed by such attacks.

Settlements would be restored.  Hamlets would be dismissed.

This will do for now.  I can't think of anything else off the top of my head that I would change if I was the developer.