All Categories

Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ...

Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ...

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Oct 21, 2016, 17:2810/21/16
07/25/15

If I was a dev for a game such as this I at least know that customer loyality and player retention is key to success. Plarium offer nothing for loyalit, and player retention they don't seem to care for.

You can't judge success based on how many people pass through your doors and try your product if they don't keep use it.

The only focus seems to be how to get big enough straw into our pockets. 

Oct 21, 2016, 19:0610/21/16

jssamp2003 said:

You make PvP sound like some sort of malfeasance. If you choose to go out into the world and appropriate resources from the hard working villagers as if you held the deed to the property AND you want to do it without bringing along a gang of bully boys for protection, then should you not expect to be killed like a sitting duck? That is what sitting ducks are good for. Enough defense and you might make one think twice before jumping in.

That being said. There is no defense against 1000 great western dragons and 20,000 eldritch dragons together with 20,000 other units and their legendaries. Offense heavily overpowers defense in SF. And coiners who buy a gazillion dragons will wreck anybody's plans. Changing the hamlet times won't change any of that. Best thing to do is to accept that this is a war game. (Look, it even has the word war in the title.) Build a better defense or, if you just want to sit around collect free treasure, there is always Farmville.
...........................................................................................................................................................
my category of player is skiller and pve,  i am in a pvp game.  i understand this.  the thing about hamlets is risk vs reward.  the statements are that hamlets as they were developed: the reward is not worth the risk.
actions speak louder than words; if you sort through 90 hamlets and only 3 or 4 are being held, 3 or 4 opportunities out of 90.  ( with each player given 3 opportunities ) this clearly shows through choice that the risk is not worth the reward.  the only value in a resource gathering part of the game is pvp.  and this should have been foreseen  when settlements were being discussed to be changed. i saw the same kind of talk in that discussion that i have seen in other games when pvpers are looking for sitting ducks.
i am not interested in being bait.  i am interested in having multiple avenues for growth.  after resource raiding and building troops everything else (excluding "quests") is a vig payed back to plarium for playing their game.  this vig comes out of my time, focus and effort spent on the game.
all of my posts are based on the ability to establish oneself through gameplay. that each part of the game have a path of growth through gameplay.  that means that the risk must be worth the reward as well as time spent in the game.
i have stated before that i do respect stakers.  players who desire to take on equal force and win through expertise.  in this game dominating others can make you feel good too.  being dominated, not so much. but being dominated by design as a sitting duck, i hate.
i have no interest in farmville,  i seem to be interested in this game being more than it is.

Oct 21, 2016, 23:3010/21/16
07/31/16

Would it not help the fun along if there were safeguards against high level players attacking really low levels.

until I moved my castle I was attacked by a lev 81 player every day. This was when I was new and only was about level 25 and lost all my army as I did not know about keeping them in the catacomb instead of the castle. 

I think that there should be a 10 level either way, up or down, as a limit to attacks.

It's kind of a bummer when you are new at the game and think your 50 archers and 50 pikemen are a big deal and you suddenly get attacked by 1000 dragons.

Oct 24, 2016, 21:0410/24/16
Oct 24, 2016, 21:07(edited)
12/13/14

Imagine: You were the initiator and developer of the idea about increasing the Lost Arts' levels.

You just released it, but you notice many disappointed players.

What would you do to improve this idea to the max for the community?

It is already far too late - It should never have been released on all games and servers without discussion

If I were a developer I would add 5 new Lost Art levels on one server and LISTEN to the feedback

Adding 12 new levels (including a hefty sapphire cost) across all games and servers was arrogant and pretty dumb

Oct 26, 2016, 03:3910/26/16
01/11/16

I would like to see events to have bestiary troops for rewards. Eldritch griffins and dragon. Also, legendary bestiary units, I'm sick of the spending to get these troops.

Maybe if game wouldnt require spending, game would be balanced and would give players who were dedicated to game the better one. 
Oct 27, 2016, 22:5610/27/16
10/04/14

im not interested in whether the new Lost Arts reaching level 32 is a good / bad thing

im simply saying....add a feature that let's player click / snap right over to a grouping of lost arts

this left-to-right scrolling nonsense is getting old. we're not getting....a task from Oberon to upgrade Lost Arts to level 21, 22 etc

so it doesn't snap your mouse right to a specific Lost Art

here's what im saying : 

http://prntscr.com/cztuvy

Oct 31, 2016, 16:2110/31/16

if i would be a developer i would make castles like this active again

http://prntscr.com/d1ayva

Reason: anyone said they move over the map and sell reses and scrolls, not this castles i never saw this in the year i play now this game.

After a lot of castles disappeared on the map and we have air to breath few lost their raid targets and fiefs. The options to take such features we have and we all use them. Castles like this take a main part in this game they are the reason why tribute, siege and raid rankings works in the game. They helped a lot of non coining players to go ahead with players are spending masses of money on the game and made it possible to build up a lot inside game. Few leagues made their success on them and made them capabile to have p4f next to p2w.

Oct 31, 2016, 19:4410/31/16
10/31/14

Reaper said:

if i would be a developer i would make castles like this active again

http://prntscr.com/d1ayva

Reason: anyone said they move over the map and sell reses and scrolls, not this castles i never saw this in the year i play now this game.

After a lot of castles disappeared on the map and we have air to breath few lost their raid targets and fiefs. The options to take such features we have and we all use them. Castles like this take a main part in this game they are the reason why tribute, siege and raid rankings works in the game. They helped a lot of non coining players to go ahead with players are spending masses of money on the game and made it possible to build up a lot inside game. Few leagues made their success on them and made them capabile to have p4f next to p2w.

Hear hear, 

I second that, bots deactivation was a bad idea, I was so sad on Sunday when I moved around in the map, I am surrounded by bots, like in all direction. most players are active so I can't raid them, I spied found some with 30K gold Iron and 100K food, the rest we very very low, raiding those was a disaster. I recieved no more than 10K in iron and gold, and over 70K in food. Game is not fun without bots. 
Nov 5, 2016, 13:1611/05/16
01/12/15

None from bots btw. 

Nov 5, 2016, 13:5911/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 14:03(edited)

we dont have the castles are big enough in masses on server 2. few are deleted cos they were user deleted and now they are vacant lots and the other high lv castles are coiners i cant raid without big looses or allies and my allies i think i shouldnt raid.

and others removed their castles closer to their members and closer to bots
Nov 5, 2016, 14:1011/05/16
10/31/14

Also add not in the Untamed land between. 

TO TEST YOUR THEORY

Bots are very low in resources, so are inactives level 50, 60. The dark plain is very different with the Untamed Land. Bots we very active giving lots of resources, and they we hugely overarmed, by evry active players around them.  but then they got in active, leaving those players to raid their inactive level 40-60. Problem, These inactive are worse that bots, here is a little picture of comparison . I send out 32 eldritch dragons to 2 level 50-60 inactives in both the dark plains an the Untamed lands, without spying

Results.

These was today after i seen your post. I like Reaper choose to raid bots, they give 7K iron/gold at 50K raid and 10K-16K at 100K raid. better as you can see than the level 59 inactive that gave 0.7., at the top that gave.

I chose not to spy to make you see the situation we are in at the untamed Lands. 

CONCLUSION

Bots must be reactivated

Nov 5, 2016, 16:0711/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 16:40(edited)

thank you Oracle for this test,

there are a lot of differences between both server the teleports are there for a couple of weeks, the BG events in Dark Plains are very different you all could play events with special contents like blades of the north or such things in Untamed we never had this. i saw this only in the news of the home page that such events exist. and the resource payout seems to be very different as well after your test.

tyvm for it
Nov 5, 2016, 17:0111/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 17:08(edited)
07/25/15

oracle said:

Also add not in the Untamed land between. 

TO TEST YOUR THEORY

Bots are very low in resources, so are inactives level 50, 60. The dark plain is very different with the Untamed Land. Bots we very active giving lots of resources, and they we hugely overarmed, by evry active players around them.  but then they got in active, leaving those players to raid their inactive level 40-60. Problem, These inactive are worse that bots, here is a little picture of comparison . I send out 32 eldritch dragons to 2 level 50-60 inactives in both the dark plains an the Untamed lands, without spying

Results.

These was today after i seen your post. I like Reaper choose to raid bots, they give 7K iron/gold at 50K raid and 10K-16K at 100K raid. better as you can see than the level 59 inactive that gave 0.7., at the top that gave.

I chose not to spy to make you see the situation we are in at the untamed Lands. 

CONCLUSION

Bots must be reactivated

If you siege a bot, you will see if its active or not, a green light show an active one, and active ones accumulate more resources faster afaik. I don't know if the resources you see when you spy on someone is the total, or what is over what is in catacombs. Bot's selling resources doesn't care that much about resources lost, because the catacombs cover their sales afaik. 

There is also bots you will only find gold and iron at constant no food. This because they supply unit based services and will run with negative food consumption. I found a few of these where I over time have killed several thousand spies.
Nov 5, 2016, 17:1011/05/16
Nov 5, 2016, 17:52(edited)

the bots i raided were inactive cos they all are inactive in the field and like Oracle i tried in inactive player castles to raid reses i made the same there like the 92k raid in my bot raid but they dont fill that fast again, the same with the bot fields they dont fill in the same speed if they are not active again. and all inactive/user deleted castles can disappeare which each update and become vacant lots it means another inactive castle close to you is not raidable. and it will ending there that you must attack active players then but the loses are to high if you must raid 80 active player castles in a week to get 10k gold and iron.

i make "test sieges" to see the activity of bots in the area and for months its nothing there with any activities

here 2 bots in a field in comparison to an inactive lv 67 castle

http://prntscr.com/d3gwr9

http://prntscr.com/d3gxcl

Nov 6, 2016, 01:1811/06/16
01/12/15
TO TEST YOUR THEORY

What kind of theory did I propose? I only show off some of my raids from non bots. My stance on bots are simple, I don't care. They exists and active? good. They exist but inactive? not a problem.

The dark plain is very different with the Untamed Land. Bots we very active giving lots of resources, and they we hugely overarmed, by evry active players around them.

This greatly depends on which line. On 1730 it's almost all food (and they're all inactives). 8k gold and iron and 80k food usually. I raid those bots when I'm desperate for food lol (not now though, with these 2 lovar's relic I can do witthout raiding them for a while). On 1910 and others some are very attractive. Giving, sometimes, 44k gold and iron 10k food. However these bots are main targets for many people so it's almost always empty. Are you sure there is only 1 line on untamed lands?

This is very very wrong. Did you think I got my raids without spying? I spied 30+ castles/day and sometimes less than 10 are reasonable to raid. The reason? simple, people are raiding them. raiding is a gamble, and there are only 2 gambles, one which you might lose and one which you will always lose. By spying you reduce your chances of losing. And that one from dark plain looks like an active (somewhat) castle? since it gives some pvp and all.

Bots must be reactivated

Bots are made by 'farmers' not by plarium. And this is plarium stance on this matter. Regardless of how much you complain those inactive bots will not be active again.

If you siege a bot, you will see if its active or not, a green light show an active one, and active ones accumulate more resources faster afaik. I don't know if the resources you see when you spy on someone is the total, or what is over what is in catacombs.

True. Ive done some tests and inactive castle got their resources grow slower. And when you spy a castle you take a peek at their total resources including those that are protected by catacomb.

and all inactive/user deleted castles can disappeare which each update and become vacant lots it means another inactive castle close to you is not raidable. and it will ending there that you must attack active players then but the loses are to high if you must raid 80 active player castles in a week to get 10k gold and iron.

My raid targets havnt disappeared for now. And I havnt seen any of my raid targets became vacant lots. I don't know what are the requirements  for a castle to be vacant lots since there are many below lv 15 spread across the realm. But I agree, the costs for raiding active castles are too high. If it comes to that I might stop raiding.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't really care whether you raid inactives only, bots only, active castles only or all of them. My suggestion? Make a new thread on the forum so people who are concerned can go there.

Nov 6, 2016, 06:3511/06/16
Nov 6, 2016, 10:48(edited)

Sifr said:

Bots must be reactivated

Bots are made by 'farmers' not by plarium. And this is plarium stance on this matter. Regardless of how much you complain those inactive bots will not be active again.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't really care whether you raid inactives only, bots only, active castles only or all of them. My suggestion? Make a new thread on the forum so people who are concerned can go there.

are you sure is a quite bit unbelievable that they are concentrated at areas where they cant be without teleports etc. so how they could be there on their points if they are made by random of other players ?

not active that you see in the line which is framing the fields, but they were inactive for maybe 1 week ago too for months.

http://prntscr.com/d3og9n

there are 2 threads about it but nobody payed a lot attention to it after a lot said that the raids are more complicated now. But all said raid inactives few said Plarium shall delete the inactives to but all forget that they take away their reses they need as well by themselves.

Nov 29, 2016, 12:0911/29/16
02/22/16
Stop Updating the Game every time you do you screw it up !!!!!!
Nov 29, 2016, 12:5511/29/16

Hello, everyone...

I suggest expanding of Feats of Valor in line with the latest improvements in Stormfall.

Dec 6, 2016, 05:3312/06/16
08/03/14
i suggest that the developer read the customer service thread