All Categories

Update Discussion - If you were the initator and developer ...

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 15, 2016, 11:4910/15/16
01/31/15

Hello Lords and Ladies!

Please, let me introduce this kind of feedback to you:

What we'll do here, is use our imagination to see what we could improve on the updates.

The idea is simple:

Every now and then I'll post a reply to this topic, starting with this. The replies after that, should be related to that topic.

The rules are also simple:

• Keep things calm & nice;
  • Stay formal;
  • Use your imagination;
  • Only give constructive feedback/critique;

As I cannot write down every single rule, I trust you on following the most important rules (These forum's rules, game rules, etc.)

An easy example:

Imagine: You were the initiator and developer of the idea about adding the Hamlets.
You just released it, but a lot of players dislike this idea.

What would you do to improve this idea to the max for the community? 

Let the imagination take over your mind; let's start off with the question below!

Imagine: You were the initiator and developer of the idea about increasing the Lost Arts' levels.
You just released it, but you notice many disappointed players. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 15, 2016, 12:4810/15/16
01/12/15
Imagine: You were the initiator and developer of the idea about increasing the Lost Arts' levels.

Reduce the time it takes to upgrade, make boosts item easier to get and also sketches. Give more sketches and boosts in the tourneys as rewards. 

To reduce the time can make it so that obelisk of power can be upgraded to higher levels, up to 70-80% time reduction. Also, more skull rune from tourneys.

Bad idea?  meh.
Oct 15, 2016, 13:4610/15/16
01/31/15

Sifr said:

Reduce the time it takes to upgrade, make boosts item easier to get and also sketches. Give more sketches and boosts in the tourneys as rewards. 

To reduce the time can make it so that obelisk of power can be upgraded to higher levels, up to 70-80% time reduction. Also, more skull rune from tourneys.

Bad idea?  meh.

Hello m'lord!

The idea seems good to me! I like the idea about the obelisk of power most! I'll inform a CM, so she can check if it's actually possible. Sadly, they're regularly online through the week. So you can expect a reply on Monday. 

Oct 15, 2016, 16:0410/15/16
07/02/15

i like sifr's ideas.

but back to the question if i were game developer i would see what players think about all my crazy ideas before even starting to initiate them.

of coarse it is to late for that and once again game play is leaned more in favor of the biggest of biggest coiners. even mid level coiners are starting to lag farther and farther behind with these updates. only the biggest will survive and there will be no player base the end.

so at this point if i were a developer i would take average player feed back and try to make something that isn't extremely biased for extreme coiner use.
Oct 15, 2016, 16:4510/15/16
01/31/15

FAILO said:

i like sifr's ideas.

but back to the question if i were game developer i would see what players think about all my crazy ideas before even starting to initiate them.

of coarse it is to late for that and once again game play is leaned more in favor of the biggest of biggest coiners. even mid level coiners are starting to lag farther and farther behind with these updates. only the biggest will survive and there will be no player base the end.

so at this point if i were a developer i would take average player feed back and try to make something that isn't extremely biased for extreme coiner use.

Hello lord Failo!

Though I understand what you wrote, make sure the answer's more related to the update itself. Listening to feedback is a true thing but bigger and wider than one specific update.

For example, write a grandiose idea to satisfy the players like what Lord Sifr wrote! 

Oct 15, 2016, 17:1510/15/16
07/02/15

More boosts for daily quests (liberate castle, raid castle, destroy enemy units) now that new lost arts it adds another 2-4 years to upgrading lost arts.

sketches price dropped they are overpriced, sketches available easier maybe add a few to some daily quests or league quests.

Oct 15, 2016, 17:4910/15/16
Oct 19, 2016, 15:26(edited)

the problem with hamlets is that it was designed as a pvp vs skiller concept where the skiller is a sitting duck.  the change to hamlets that would make it a part of the game is for it to truly be a pve part of the game gathering resources rather than it being pvp bait.  the raid times in hamlets also lets pvp players hit you quickly without using speedups.

maybe at least have a capture time for unheld hamlets as is, and a normal capture time attacking a hamlet that is already held.  this will at least slow down the pvper's who are 150 miles away from you.

i hate being a sitting duck tho.
Oct 16, 2016, 08:2610/16/16
01/31/15

FAILO said:

More boosts for daily quests (liberate castle, raid castle, destroy enemy units) now that new lost arts it adds another 2-4 years to upgrading lost arts.
sketches price dropped they are overpriced, sketches available easier maybe add a few to some daily quests or league quests.

I definitely like that idea, lord FAILO! I'd love seeing this in-game.

johanrayne said:

the problem with hamlets is that it was designed as a pvp vs skiller concept where the skiller is a sitting duck.  the change to hamlets that would make it a part of the game is for it to truly be a pve part of the game gathering resources rather than it being pvp bait.  the raid times in hamlets also lets pvp players hit you quickly without using speedups.

maybe at least have a capture time for unheld hamlets as is, and a normal capture time attacking a hamlet that is already held.  this will at least slow down the pvper's who are 150 miles away from you.

As it's not much related to the current question, it doesn't count, but it does make sense! Really creative.

Thank you for both your feedback, I'll make sure the CM's read this somewhere on Monday. 

Oct 16, 2016, 09:3710/16/16
Oct 16, 2016, 10:36(edited)
03/20/14

extra time to travel time to hamlets my pineapple.

you can collect in as little as 5 min by my testing, you want to hold them then defend them.

I have a medium(ish) army and i spend money when i feel like it. But i have built and earned a larger part of my army through not losing troops while raiding.

I have played on facebook sf for 45 months and plarium.com for 31 months.

So am i the skilled or the coiner?

Going to alter the hamlets? just throw them away and add back the settlements and times them by 3-5 so the fairies can defend with help of their friends/leagues.

Please, mind your language m'lord!
Oct 16, 2016, 16:1610/16/16

Stewart_KT1 said:

you can collect in as little as 5 min by my testing, you want to hold them then defend them.

I have a medium(ish) army and i spend money when i feel like it. But i have built and earned a larger part of my army through not losing troops while raiding.

Going to alter the hamlets? just throw them away and add back the settlements and times them by 3-5 so the fairies can defend with help of their friends/leagues.

collecting in 5 minutes is a waste of time, you lose the hamlet, then it takes time to capture another one, so to make it more efficient you leave out more troops for longer gathering all that does is make you a sitting duck for player killer.  i stated pvp vs skiller.  i did not state coiner.  i am sure you are skilled.  skiller is gatherer.  pvper is player killer.  player killers have no intention on hamlets other than to kill the sitting ducks.

Oct 16, 2016, 16:2210/16/16

SlopranoDark said:

johanrayne said:

As it's not much related to the current question, it doesn't count, but it does make sense! Really creative.

Thank you for both your feedback, I'll make sure the CM's read this somewhere on Monday. 

you mentioned hamlets so i did as well.

level 32 scrolls is great.  the advantage of boosts are too great.  so a limit on how many scrolls can be boosted a day. 1 scroll per day would still be a huge advantage over 1 per week. but it would be something.  players who saved up boosts through gameplay would still be able to use them the same as coiners. but everyone would be held to a more reasonable increase rate.

it is too late for this implementation already.

Oct 17, 2016, 07:1710/17/16
01/31/15

johanrayne said:

you mentioned hamlets so i did as well.

That's true m'lord! Though it was meant as an example.

level 32 scrolls is great.  the advantage of boosts are too great.  so a limit on how many scrolls can be boosted a day. 1 scroll per day would still be a huge advantage over 1 per week. but it would be something.  players who saved up boosts through gameplay would still be able to use them the same as coiners. but everyone would be held to a more reasonable increase rate.

it is too late for this implementation already.

That sounds pretty good! 

As for the implementation, it might be. But at least the feedback's being gathered, and perhaps the developers can consider modifying an update that way. But I cannot say that it'll happen.

Oct 17, 2016, 11:5010/17/16
Oct 17, 2016, 11:55(edited)
10/31/14

These post is a waste of time. Plarium uses moderated propaganda, and greed to suppress players need. money always comes before players. If it was way back in time I would have encouraged these post. let me take you back in time, to try to make you understand Plarium standing on players, and everything.

Plarium of old: believes on

Updates

said of updates when discussing soft launching back in 29 Jun 2016 ‘’ Early players' feedback can essentially guide a designer on how to mold their vision after the market's preferences’’

‘’

On investment of a game

‘’ If the game works, and the KPIs are mostly in the green, investing additional resources into it makes sense. If that's not the case, harder decisions need to be made. Should further investment be made in an attempt to improve the game? Or is it better to cut your losses and kill it?’’

On game activity

‘’in strategy games the social and political elements that entertain the players as they join and interact with guilds, are key to long term engagement’

On our credit cards and whose credit card matters

‘’ you cannot properly test the game's monetization in a country with 5% credit-card penetration’

On game balance

‘’ Players love updates, and they are critical for maintaining, expanding the game and continuing to incentivize audiences over time.’’

One further asserted:

When we launch a game, it’s a game we’ll be servicing for the next 10 years or more. You need to understand what you’re preparing for. Our first game launch was nearly five years ago and we see it generating significant revenue for many more years. Even so, we’re looking for the next successful game that we can grow. We believe that our future lies in finding newer and better experiences that will bring more players to join with us and stay with us for several years.

Oct 17, 2016, 13:3010/17/16
07/25/15
oracle said:

One further asserted:

When we launch a game, it’s a game we’ll be servicing for the next 10 years or more. You need to understand what you’re preparing for. Our first game launch was nearly five years ago and we see it generating significant revenue for many more years. Even so, we’re looking for the next successful game that we can grow. We believe that our future lies in finding newer and better experiences that will bring more players to join with us and stay with us for several years.

Now that is bollocks, or at least in my regard. There is a limit in how many re-skinned games that basicaly the same you want to keep throw money at. Maybe if they did come up with something truly inovative and new experience. Players that feel ignored and abused won't jump aboard the better experience of the future with the same company that already burned them.
Oct 18, 2016, 07:2410/18/16
10/31/14
Gadheras said:

Now that is bollocks, or at least in my regard. There is a limit in how many re-skinned games that basicaly the same you want to keep throw money at. Maybe if they did come up with something truly inovative and new experience. Players that feel ignored and abused won't jump aboard the better experience of the future with the same company that already burned them.
Plarium don't believe in the warcraft business model, not at all. they believe in jumping ship, start a game make as much money as possible and jump ship. Stormfall was meant to be a lasting game, at list until the people who believed in that model left and jumped ship. now we are left with incompetence, unskilled and non talented people. Who are also greedy, these people believe things that don't work, for example they believe going mobile is the way to go, which I must agree, but mobile games will only work if you but all blood and sweat into the game, and stay focused. You can't become successful in what you do if you don't love it. Follow the money and you will be doomed. Plarium will not be successful in that regards if they follow these model of floating ship and then jumping out. There is a limited market out there you want to keep that market, not inflate it. 
Oct 18, 2016, 08:2710/18/16
07/05/15
If I were the developer, I would have skewed the new lost art levels towards defensive units (in terms of number of levels, time and/or resources).
Oct 18, 2016, 12:5610/18/16
Oct 18, 2016, 12:58(edited)
07/02/15

I think it was a good step adding sketches to the development race, i would like to see them some more in tournaments. even if (and they should be) harder to get like soul stones. I am not asking for free giveaways of them, but a way for some players to EARN them by pushing their forces in tourneys. (this way higher level players that would use sketches have the opportunity to earn them) Also it would be cool to see them in top placings for some tournaments.. coiners can get them but also some low spenders and even free players.

(also added to sugestions tab...)
Oct 18, 2016, 13:5410/18/16
07/22/15
one way to improve this desastros update its reducing the sketches need to upgread units over lvl 30 bicose what some lost arts aske are just senceless, and most ppl wont do it or cant do it. you guys giving a good advange already to coiners that can upgread they lost art much faster than non coiners or litle coiner, now if normal ppl cant get to lvl 32 lost arts ever, you just ruining the game. would say sketches prizes on tornaments and quest would have to come alog as well.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Oct 19, 2016, 08:5710/19/16
09/17/15
badone said:

one way to improve this desastros update its reducing the sketches need to upgread units over lvl 30 bicose what some lost arts aske are just senceless, and most ppl wont do it or cant do it. you guys giving a good advange already to coiners that can upgread they lost art much faster than non coiners or litle coiner, now if normal ppl cant get to lvl 32 lost arts ever, you just ruining the game. would say sketches prizes on tornaments and quest would have to come alog as well.
Why reduce? You can receive Sketches in Tournaments, or buy them with Sapphires you receive in Tournaments. Moreover, it will take some time to reach the point when you will need those Sketches.
Oct 19, 2016, 10:3510/19/16
Oct 19, 2016, 12:08(edited)
07/22/15

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

badone said:

Why reduce? You can receive Sketches in Tournaments, or buy them with Sapphires you receive in Tournaments. Moreover, it will take some time to reach the point when you will need those Sketches.

well considering you need 3700 sketechs to upgread dragon for 32 and dragons are part esetial of a army not conting the lvl 30 to 31 and not conting the rest of the units we seing most of the ppl playing at the moment will never put they dragons at 32 even most of they units, maybe they put they arches and palls but not the important units and seing other group of ppl (litle coiners)will take ages to do that. you giving a unfair advantage to the coiners and we all know when ppl fell unjustified and left behind,* and when ppl start losing huge amont of units over this,* most just quit game, i have saw it already in several games, good games with aesome comunities developers start getting greedy and ppl just quit on them and byebye game. just giving my 2 cents to try a balanced game play for all and keep this game alive with out the non coiners, no game leves not conting the subcription ones

* edit

PS:or maybe reduce the points need for max rewards on sketches, becose we know not many players atchive max rewards in any catgory, much less in a very important item like sketches now. so ppl get more times max rewards if isnt pocible lower the sketches number to upgreads so we all have a fair change of getting our armys max upgreaded again and not be just a dream. this will surely help the loyal players that like the game and particepate in tornaments and engage in the wellfare of the game and maybe they dont fell left behing MAYBE
Oct 21, 2016, 17:0910/21/16

johanrayne said:

Stewart_KT1 said:

collecting in 5 minutes is a waste of time, you lose the hamlet, then it takes time to capture another one, so to make it more efficient you leave out more troops for longer gathering all that does is make you a sitting duck for player killer.  i stated pvp vs skiller.  i did not state coiner.  i am sure you are skilled.  skiller is gatherer.  pvper is player killer.  player killers have no intention on hamlets other than to kill the sitting ducks.
You make PvP sound like some sort of malfeasance. If you choose to go out into the world and appropriate resources from the hard working villagers as if you held the deed to the property AND you want to do it without bringing along a gang of bully boys for protection, then should you not expect to be killed like a sitting duck? That is what sitting ducks are good for. Enough defense and you might make one think twice before jumping in.

That being said. There is no defense against 1000 great western dragons and 20,000 eldritch dragons together with 20,000 other units and their legendaries. Offense heavily overpowers defense in SF. And coiners who buy a gazillion dragons will wreck anybody's plans. Changing the hamlet times won't change any of that. Best thing to do is to accept that this is a war game. (Look, it even has the word war in the title.) Build a better defense or, if you just want to sit around collect free treasure, there is always Farmville.