All Categories

Spirit Wardens Status not real

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 8, 2018, 04:5610/08/18
11/27/14

Can u explain how a single archer can defeat a 500 stats unit ????

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 8, 2018, 13:0810/08/18
07/26/15
Hi there Lord Mark, I have found out that this 1 is not a bug and will move it to the game discussion thread, but what you have shown here is a new stratedgy  to me as I think I will show my league this 1 as its to be able to kill off spirit wardens for very small losses if done in the right way, very handy for non coiners too, thankyou 
Oct 8, 2018, 18:1410/08/18
11/27/14

How a 31 unit power defeat a 500 unit def???

Do you have a problem with math ?

What is the relevance to show 500 infantry defense ...if it lose at 30 ???

If u moved my post please give me a real answer !

Oct 9, 2018, 05:1010/09/18
08/21/14
I agree.  There is a bug here.  Either 1 archer killing a single SW is a bug, or the defensive stat listed for the SW is a bug.  Its impossible for both to be true, regardless of the devs' intentions.
Oct 9, 2018, 06:3510/09/18
11/27/14

Aegon Targaryen said:

I agree.  There is a bug here.  Either 1 archer killing a single SW is a bug, or the defensive stat listed for the SW is a bug.  Its impossible for both to be true, regardless of the devs' intentions.

I posted in BUG category but the moderator Chrisyne moved the post here...becouse is normar for her that 30>500.

In other words ...All that sketckes we invest at lost arts ...are equal to nothing.

Oct 9, 2018, 06:4910/09/18
11/27/14

Oct 9, 2018, 09:3910/09/18
Oct 9, 2018, 09:41(edited)
07/26/15
I was informed this 1 is not a bug and yes the way it calculates the battle doesnt even add up for me in logical sense as its the weakest infantry defense type troop attacking a spirit warden as they always fight 1st, but anyways while they have the game set like this for spirit wardens I will take advantage of it, archers build fast, cost very little, I can do the same thing for the cheapest calvry defense troop type being nomad, occult 1 being golem and I wouldn't bother with the beast 1, doing something like that makes my fireballs far more efficient to break a castle's spirit wardens to see whats inside for pvp hunting, its cost effective for me
Oct 9, 2018, 09:4910/09/18
04/10/15

Dear Lords and Ladys

i wonder if there is another way to calculate the results when spirtits are involved

i have realized when i send a zero looses attack to a castle with spirits i dont suffer any looses except wraiths

that last are killed in a large amount though the rest of forces have 0 looses so since then i dont send wraiths to battles.

so may be this can made us to think about a new parameter to discover in figths formula

Regards
Oct 11, 2018, 13:0310/11/18
Oct 11, 2018, 13:04(edited)
05/20/16

Something tells me that FB sales declined drastically after this feature was released. And that Plarium tweaked warden stats. That is what I think, as we don't have any official response to this issue. They were stronger when released and weaker after the latest update.

Oct 11, 2018, 13:1210/11/18
Oct 11, 2018, 13:19(edited)
12/13/14

We have been sold a TURKEY

I tried to warn you all weeks ago that the arithmetic does not add up

Anything that dilutes the effect of Spirit Wardens is very bad news for defenders, and great news for attackers

More Game IMBALANCE

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 11, 2018, 18:1110/11/18
Oct 11, 2018, 18:12(edited)
10/04/13
Snowgoon said:

We have been sold a TURKEY

I tried to warn you all weeks ago that the arithmetic does not add up

Anything that dilutes the effect of Spirit Wardens is very bad news for defenders, and great news for attackers

More Game IMBALANCE

Meh even at the old values it didn't really matter, a few thousand spirit warden def isn't gonna kill anything on a large invade.  They'll absorb a few fireballs, but if you throw enough you can get through them and kill troops pretty easily. 
Oct 11, 2018, 19:2110/11/18
04/10/15

BiohazarD said:

Meh even at the old values it didn't really matter, a few thousand spirit warden def isn't gonna kill anything on a large invade.  They'll absorb a few fireballs, but if you throw enough you can get through them and kill troops pretty easily.  
Totally agree :)
Oct 12, 2018, 08:4610/12/18
11/27/14

Juglar del Viento said:

BiohazarD said:

Yes, I agree...

But I want numbers to be real...because $ are when we buy offers to upgrade that lost arts !
Oct 12, 2018, 13:3310/12/18
12/13/14

Lord Mark said:

Juglar del Viento said:

BiohazarD said:

Yes, I agree...

But I want numbers to be real...because $ are when we buy offers to upgrade that lost arts !

I would never waste time or resources/sketches upgrading revival rates ... but wardens were supposed to put a dent in any attack and should prevent all small attacks reaching our castles, but they are made of glass, and die too easily

Each of the 4 main types should provide 160k defense for tier one and tier two, but should we bother trying to get there?

http://prntscr.com/l5ani8

Oct 12, 2018, 14:0310/12/18
02/29/16

Hey all!

At the moment, such situations can happen as Spirit Wardens (according to their mechanics) take all damage a Unit can give (no matter whether it's less or more than Spirit Warden can stand) and they die after that.

I absolutely agree with you that it doesn't look logical and devs said they're going to change this part of Spirit Wardens' mechanics soon. 
Oct 12, 2018, 15:1810/12/18
11/27/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Hey all!

At the moment, such situations can happen as Spirit Wardens (according to their mechanics) take all damage a Unit can give (no matter whether it's less or more than Spirit Warden can stand) and they die after that.

I absolutely agree with you that it doesn't look logical and devs said they're going to change this part of Spirit Wardens' mechanics soon. 

Hi Alina,

And also at Stormheart BG it is a stupidity :

- if i send more off I lose more ...

Oct 12, 2018, 22:0010/12/18
08/21/14

Alina Phoenix said:

Hey all!

Thanks for informing us that they're going to change this part of their mechanics (hopefully that means 'correct' this)

However, as the mechanics currently stand, if I understand correctly:

if your archer has 30 offense, and the SW defense is 500, an attack consisting of 1 to 16 archers will take out a single SW (16x30=480), but the only way to take more than 1 SW with archers is to send at least 17 archers in the attack (17x30=510), which would then take out 2 SWs.

It seems like the coding is backwards or something.   If sending only archers, it should require a 17+ archer attack just to take out 1 SW.    That is of course, not taking into account castle walls, which even an archer must overcome before that SW gets so much as a scratch.   If Castle defense bonus is not being taken into account, that needs to get fixed as well.   Spirits or not, they're still inside the castle.  I understand that FBs don't care about the CDB, but troops do.

So, are castle defense bonuses applied to SWs?   If not, is this going to be corrected as well if only for logical reasons?

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 13, 2018, 10:4010/13/18
10/04/13
Lord Mark said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hey all!

Hi Alina,

And also at Stormheart BG it is a stupidity :

- if i send more off I lose more ...

That can happen on regular bgs as well, due to the way the game rounds losses. 
BiohazarDModerator
Oct 13, 2018, 10:4210/13/18
10/04/13
Aegon Targaryen said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hey all!

Thanks for informing us that they're going to change this part of their mechanics (hopefully that means 'correct' this)

However, as the mechanics currently stand, if I understand correctly:

if your archer has 30 offense, and the SW defense is 500, an attack consisting of 1 to 16 archers will take out a single SW (16x30=480), but the only way to take more than 1 SW with archers is to send at least 17 archers in the attack (17x30=510), which would then take out 2 SWs.

It seems like the coding is backwards or something.   If sending only archers, it should require a 17+ archer attack just to take out 1 SW.    That is of course, not taking into account castle walls, which even an archer must overcome before that SW gets so much as a scratch.   If Castle defense bonus is not being taken into account, that needs to get fixed as well.   Spirits or not, they're still inside the castle.  I understand that FBs don't care about the CDB, but troops do.

So, are castle defense bonuses applied to SWs?   If not, is this going to be corrected as well if only for logical reasons?

I think the idea is that the spirit wardens go outside the castle when an attack is coming, in order to meet it before it hits the regular troops in your castle.  That's why they absorb fireballs before other units in your castle, instead of at the same time, which would result in regular units being lost as well.  So they don't benefit from castle walls. 
Oct 14, 2018, 06:3110/14/18
08/21/14

BiohazarD said:

I think the idea is that the spirit wardens go outside the castle when an attack is coming, in order to meet it before it hits the regular troops in your castle.  That's why they absorb fireballs before other units in your castle, instead of at the same time, which would result in regular units being lost as well.  So they don't benefit from castle walls. 

The fireballs go inside the castle, so the wardens would need to be inside to absorb them.  If the wardens went outside the castle, they would just much popcorn while watching the pretty castle fireworks.

In order for the wardens to be inside and still absorb the fireballs, they could 'rise up/float up' above the rest of the troops as a shield.  They're spirits.

As for the incoming troop attacks, wardens do not need to go outside to die first.  They can just surround the main troops as a shield and/or be the first line of defense at the gates and walls, depending on the troop compliment of the attacking army.  They can float, rise, and whip around as needed to intercept all incoming until they're destroyed.

Based on this scenario, they should benefit from castle defense bonus.
Oct 14, 2018, 14:2610/14/18
Oct 14, 2018, 16:20(edited)
12/13/14

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

- Offence value (lets give the archer the benefit of loads of boosts and a very improbable offence power of 200)

- Defense value is seen in the screenshot at 500

So the total power in the fights is 700 (200 + 500)

This should lead to loss % for offence and defense of:

Offence: 71% - being 1 - (200/700)

Defense 29% - being 1 - (500/700)

You are assuming only one spirit warden defending the castle?

Seems unlikely, when he has level 7 spirit limit

The combat algorithm uses total offense and total defense ... not one on one
Unless they have secretly manipulated the algorithm ... just like they did for offense units defending against fireballs by using their OFFENSE stats instead of their defense stats (another perfect example of game imbalance)

https://prnt.sc/bgrn44

and don't forget that Divine Spirit Wardens are also defending against this attack

You need to weigh his total defense power from all Devine plus Infantry Spirit Wardens against the attack power of one archer

It would be like sending one pike against a level 20 fortress

Absolutely no way it could kill any defense .... unless our wonderful devs have a hidden agenda (again)

They have already messed up pvp points given with spirit wardens