Flash Player

Flash Player

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 9, 2018, 17:5507/09/18
11/04/16

Flash Player

Hello,

I would like to know when will Plarium abandon Flash Player, and will use another platform.

Thanks.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 9, 2018, 21:0307/09/18
08/03/14

95% of the internet has already stopped using flash. 

Adobe will officially pull its plug at the end of 2020, so 18 months left on the count down. 

plarium has a beta version of the WebGL interface they intend to use.  Start a Sparta account and see for yourself. 

https://get.webgl.org/

click that link to see if your browser is compatible with WebGL. 

Jul 9, 2018, 22:2007/09/18
11/04/16
That's amazing !!
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 10, 2018, 07:3507/10/18
10/04/13
IronApex said:

Adobe will officially pull its plug at the end of 2020, so 18 months left on the count down. 

plarium has a beta version of the WebGL interface they intend to use.  Start a Sparta account and see for yourself. 

Pretty much all the big browsers already support webgl.  (maybe internet explorer doesn't idk)
Jul 10, 2018, 23:2907/10/18
10/31/14

BiohazarD said:

IronApex said:

Pretty much all the big browsers already support webgl.  (maybe internet explorer doesn't idk)

By far the best. It can run it better than any browser, even edge.  I use it to play rpg shooters and interactives. Second best is Puffin[ no surprise there]. 

Chrome and its clones have major gpu problems and bugs.

The only problem with webgl, especially 2.0+ is crash, endless repeated crashes.

Jul 12, 2018, 09:2107/12/18
02/29/16

Erwan said:

Hello,

I would like to know when will Plarium abandon Flash Player, and will use another platform.

Thanks.

Hello!

Yes, we're moving to the new engine and more and more players from Sparta are playing on WebGL already. 

Stormfall should be moved to this engine as well, but there is no ETA now on this question.
Jul 16, 2018, 12:0107/16/18
02/29/16
Limad said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Erwan said:

Hello,

Thanks.

Hello!

Yes, we're moving to the new engine and more and more players from Sparta are playing on WebGL already. 

Stormfall should be moved to this engine as well, but there is no ETA now on this question.

Haha, yeah, and they all seem really, really happy to get the opportunity to do the Alpha testing of the WebGL platform for you.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/sparta-war-of-empires/migration-to-webgl/103079_sparta-webgl-game-loading-reports/11/

Lord LIMAD, testing process on Sparta went through several stages:
- testing by our QA team (who keeps on doing it of course);
- first Group of beta testers. These players agreed to test the game by themselves;
- when the engine became more or less stable we started to move other players to it segment by segment. It was done to increase load on server and find out even more issues that could appear in the future. Now this process is still going on.

In case with Stormfall, everything should go much faster and smoother as the engine will be thoroughly tested already.
Jul 24, 2018, 08:0307/24/18
01/11/16

Plarium to busy with new mobile games, they just released two new ones. 

Jul 26, 2018, 08:2507/26/18
02/29/16

cat in the hat said:

And these two games have two separate development teams. 

Devs who are working on social/browser games have no relation to the new games :)

By the way, Stormfall: Saga of Survival is in the same setting as browser/social Stormfall but in an absolutely different genre. 

It can be interesting for those who love medieval theme 
Jul 27, 2018, 17:1907/27/18
10/31/14

Alina Phoenix said:

cat in the hat said:

Devs who are working on social/browser games have no relation to the new games :)

By the way, Stormfall: Saga of Survival is in the same setting as browser/social Stormfall but in an absolutely different genre. 

More medieval theme

That doesn't sell as much as scientific futuristic themes, e.g EVE,
Jul 28, 2018, 08:2607/28/18
08/31/15
Alina Phoenix said:

cat in the hat said:

Watching how Stormfall devolved from a somewhat balanced and fun game to the unbalanced cash grab it is today has left me rather wary of any other games made by Plarium.  Of course, its a trend common to many free to play games, so Plarium isn't the only guilty party.  I'd go back to console games, but even they have started putting microtransactions into the game.  At least books don't yet try to make you pay to see the real ending...
Sep 22, 2019, 04:2809/22/19
09/22/19
How do I install this BLOODY flash player through plarium, I have been running Adobe flash through windows 10. But now having problems loading Pirates-T.o.F. As from the notification that Adobe will not be supporting these games no longer. The stupid instructions for plarium flash player that come up when trying to load game are to fast. Missing some steps. & still have no idea were to download this
Sep 22, 2019, 12:4309/22/19
Sep 22, 2019, 12:44(edited)
02/22/16
Neil Paulic said:

How do I install this BLOODY flash player through plarium, I have been running Adobe flash through windows 10. But now having problems loading Pirates-T.o.F. As from the notification that Adobe will not be supporting these games no longer. The stupid instructions for plarium flash player that come up when trying to load game are to fast. Missing some steps. & still have no idea were to download this
Try Opera or Firefox browsers I find they are more Plarium gamer friendly as far as Flashplayer than IE and Chrome
Sep 22, 2019, 18:1709/22/19
09/22/16

Neil Paulic said:

Neil... the easiest way (though not necessarily the best for a whole bunch of reasons) of using flash on Windows is through the Google Chrome browser. If you don't already have it then do a google search for it and download - it's free. The advantage of Chrome is that it will automatically update flash for you (until the end of 2020) - you need do nothing so hassle free.

First time you try to load Stormfall (or other flash game/page) you will need to set flash settings to "Allow" .. as it will be set to block by default. To do this click on the padlock (left-hand side of the address bar..  https://) and click on "settings". When the settings page loads... scroll down and find flash then change the setting in the box next to it to "Allow".

You should only need to do this once as Chrome should remember the setting - but sometimes you'll need to repeat this when Chrome is updated to a new version.

The next easiest way for you is to download and use the plarium play app ... but this is still buggy!!

Good luck!

BiohazarDModerator
Sep 24, 2019, 15:2009/24/19
10/04/13
Wesley Pringle said:

Neil Paulic said:

Try Opera or Firefox browsers I find they are more Plarium gamer friendly as far as Flashplayer than IE and Chrome
Hmm I've never had any problems with chrome, maybe it's some combination of browser and operating system or some other software running on the computer.  
Sep 25, 2019, 23:1409/25/19
02/22/16

BiohazarD said:

Wesley Pringle said:

Neil Paulic said:

Hmm I've never had any problems with chrome, maybe it's some combination of browser and operating system or some other software running on the computer.  

yeah  one  day the chrome stopped  loading the game  for both facebook and Plarium.com here  and My IE  needs a prompt every time I reset  the other two I mentioned  seem to load  them easier and faster it all happened after a microsoft update

Sep 26, 2019, 01:3109/26/19
02/22/16

Neil Paulic said:

What Browser are you using ?

AlinaCommunity Manager
Oct 7, 2019, 08:2110/07/19
05/21/19

Sir Dan Saul Knight said:

As the thread that was chosen to stay alive has virtually none of the useful info of the locked threads, here is some of the useful info again:

Part of the official Plarium statement as provided by a Mod:

Facebook's official press release to developers regarding Flash EoL:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/gamesonfacebook/webtech/

Facebook says:

Adobe has announced its plans to stop updating and distributing Flash Player at the end of 2020. While games built with Flash will run on Facebook until the end of 2020, we strongly advise developers to follow the timelines set by browsers, as this may impact your decision to migrate sooner. For developers building new games, we strongly recommend using open web standards. To learn more about how you can migrate off Flash, you can sign up for our upcoming webinar or visit our blog post.
To date CM's haven't provided any further comment on this apparent contradiction.

Hello!

Thanks for sharing this press release with us. 

There is no contradiction because here it's stated:

On another note, Facebook Gameroom has built-in support for Web Games built in Flash, working independently from the browser announcements listed on this page. Players will be able to continue playing their games in Facebook Gameroom.

So, I hope it's clear now.

BiohazarDModerator
Oct 7, 2019, 21:5410/07/19
10/04/13
Alina said:

As the thread that was chosen to stay alive has virtually none of the useful info of the locked threads, here is some of the useful info again:

Part of the official Plarium statement as provided by a Mod:

Facebook's official press release to developers regarding Flash EoL:

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/gamesonfacebook/webtech/

Facebook says:

Adobe has announced its plans to stop updating and distributing Flash Player at the end of 2020. While games built with Flash will run on Facebook until the end of 2020, we strongly advise developers to follow the timelines set by browsers, as this may impact your decision to migrate sooner. For developers building new games, we strongly recommend using open web standards. To learn more about how you can migrate off Flash, you can sign up for our upcoming webinar or visit our blog post.
To date CM's haven't provided any further comment on this apparent contradiction.

Hello!

Thanks for sharing this press release with us. 

There is no contradiction because here it's stated:

On another note, Facebook Gameroom has built-in support for Web Games built in Flash, working independently from the browser announcements listed on this page. Players will be able to continue playing their games in Facebook Gameroom.

So, I hope it's clear now.

Yep, thanks for helping explain that Alina!
Oct 16, 2019, 23:0610/16/19
08/21/14

Ok, so to be absolutely clear:  No one will be able to play Stormfall: Age of War on Facebook Gameroom after 2020.

Oct 17, 2019, 22:3810/17/19
08/21/14

Aegon Targaryen said:

Ok, so to be absolutely clear:  No one will be able to play Stormfall: Age of War on Facebook Gameroom after 2020.

Correct.

If the double speak is leaving you less than confident about it then raise a support ticket with Facebook. They will soon tell you because FB aren't trying to keep it as some kind of secret (given it's kind of silly to try and pretend that anything Flash related has a future past Dec 2020)

I'm confident that no one will be able to play Stormfall: Age of War anywhere after December 2020.   Some people appear to believe they will be able to.  I've yet to see anything to lower my confidence.