All Categories

So it happen again League Destroyed

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 9, 2018, 01:2607/09/18
04/12/16

Again one of the major leagues on The Dark Plains been destroyed through questionable methods.

After what I understand one of the captains kicked out everyone of the league and then another league hit their fortress and killed the few hundred millions that was left in there.

Is it not time to make it so that it require more than one person to kick people from the league, like I sugested many months back? The problem is that happenings like this give the game a bad focus and we lose members of the community because they dont want to play anymore.  
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 9, 2018, 08:0507/09/18
10/31/14
Revenge!!!
Jul 9, 2018, 12:5507/09/18
12/18/14
The easiest most sensible way to resolve this is that the Marshall only have the ability to remove members and the ability to assign this power to who they wish to have it not just allow all Captains to be able to do it
Jul 9, 2018, 12:5807/09/18
04/10/15

Jezebel said:

The easiest most sensible way to resolve this is that the Marshall only have the ability to remove members and the ability to assign this power to who they wish to have it not just allow all Captains to be able to do it

Yep, it looks a nice idea as the same way the marshall can allow who can  manage diplomacy affairs and who can see the statistics of the league, once square to mark by the marshall to allow to kick members could be nice to avoid situations like the above

Sad to hear that has happened here too

Regards

Jul 9, 2018, 13:3807/09/18
02/29/16

Hello!

Sorry to hear it happened :( Spying in the Leagues and promoting wrong players to high ranks are mistakes any League can face with :(

To avoid such cases we already forwarded the suggestion to devs to adjust permissions settings and make them more flexible. So that marshals could decide by themselves who can remove members and who can't.
Jul 9, 2018, 18:0807/09/18
Jul 9, 2018, 21:25(edited)
04/12/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

Sorry to hear it happened :( Spying in the Leagues and promoting wrong players to high ranks are mistakes any League can face with :(

To avoid such cases we already forwarded the suggestion to devs to adjust permissions settings and make them more flexible. So that marshals could decide by themselves who can remove members and who can't.

I am glad to hear that, would also bee nice if the marshal could have the option to chose to change form of government in a league to a method that would require the captains to accept critical actions, if the marshal and the league wishes to of course. I dont think marshal shall have complete control of the league or at lest give us a more secure option, so that even if one of the accounts get compromised by any reason the whole league will not suffer, and people give up and leave the game.

And sure you could make us have to unlock different government types with saps :D

Jul 12, 2018, 07:0407/12/18
08/31/15

tissetass said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

I am glad to hear that, would also bee nice if the marshal could have the option to chose to change form of government in a league to a method that would require the captains to accept critical actions, if the marshal and the league wishes to of course. I dont think marshal shall have complete control of the league or at lest give us a more secure option, so that even if one of the accounts get compromised by any reason the whole league will not suffer, and people give up and leave the game.

And sure you could make us have to unlock different government types with saps :D

I agree that it would be nice for marshalls to have more options to secure their league assets, especially when pay to win is such a huge aspect of gameplay (when people use shady tactics, it can potentially cost the victims thousands of dollars in real money).  I think making it unlockable with sapphires is a bad idea though.  That's like telling marshals "if you want your league to be secure against shady tactics, flat out cheating, and account theft, you better be ready to open your wallet".  

What I would recommend is putting a hard limit on how many players can be kicked in a given timeframe and allow all leadership positions (Marshal, Captains, and Commanders) to see who did the kicking.  I'd recommend the hard limit be no more than one player can be kicked per hour.  

My reason for this specific restriction is because this particular form of foul play requires that things happen quickly, before the league has a chance to find out what is happening and stop it.  

I feel this is a reasonable tool to ask the devs to give league leadership.  A lot of leagues have invested a lot of time and money into the game and its shameful that their investments can be so easily smashed by foul play.  Whether it be account sharing, legitimate hacking/theft of an account, or just trusting the wrong person, league leadership needs tools to protect league assets when stuff like that happens.
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 12, 2018, 07:2307/12/18
10/04/13
Jezebel said:

Idk I kind of liked the idea of requiring 2 dcls or marshal to remove somebody.  That way somebody can't infiltrate a league or buy an account and kick everybody. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 12, 2018, 07:3807/12/18
10/04/13
ThatGuy said:

tissetass said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello!

I agree that it would be nice for marshalls to have more options to secure their league assets, especially when pay to win is such a huge aspect of gameplay (when people use shady tactics, it can potentially cost the victims thousands of dollars in real money).  I think making it unlockable with sapphires is a bad idea though.  That's like telling marshals "if you want your league to be secure against shady tactics, flat out cheating, and account theft, you better be ready to open your wallet".  

What I would recommend is putting a hard limit on how many players can be kicked in a given timeframe and allow all leadership positions (Marshal, Captains, and Commanders) to see who did the kicking.  I'd recommend the hard limit be no more than one player can be kicked per hour.  

My reason for this specific restriction is because this particular form of foul play requires that things happen quickly, before the league has a chance to find out what is happening and stop it.  

I feel this is a reasonable tool to ask the devs to give league leadership.  A lot of leagues have invested a lot of time and money into the game and its shameful that their investments can be so easily smashed by foul play.  Whether it be account sharing, legitimate hacking/theft of an account, or just trusting the wrong person, league leadership needs tools to protect league assets when stuff like that happens.
1 player per hour would way too low and get incredibly annoying.  I'd say a daily limit, maybe 10 or 20 per day. 
Jul 12, 2018, 08:4607/12/18
08/31/15

BiohazarD said:

1 player per hour would way too low and get incredibly annoying.  I'd say a daily limit, maybe 10 or 20 per day. 

I think allowing too many at once is what leaves a league open to sabotage; that's why I suggest an hourly limit rather than a daily limit.  A spy who infiltrates a league or gains illicit access to someone elses' account would need only kick the strongest players.  Since the bulk of the troops are usually in the hands of a small group of players, a daily limit of 10-20 would still make it possible for them to kick the bulk of forces rapidly, setting the rest up for a nasty loss.

Having never been a Marshal, I don't know how many players a Marshal (or trusted member of leadership) typically needs to kick in a given timeframe.  I find it hard to believe there are many occasions where it's necessary to kick more than a handful at once.

Some form of compromise, allowing the limit to be exceeded only if approved by 2 other ranking players (Captain or higher) would be ideal, but probably hard to implement.

Jul 14, 2018, 13:4307/14/18
Jul 14, 2018, 13:46(edited)
05/20/16
Never share your account(s) and use more complex (not easy to guess) passwords. Account sharing seems to be the root of some evil in this game. Some may deny that fact to have a better case to cry "hacked" account. If you share(d), remember to change your password. We can't trust anyone but ourselves.

LMs should have most of the responsibility in the league, that is why they are the leaders.
Jul 15, 2018, 07:4507/15/18
09/05/15
Curious, who did what to whom ?
BiohazarDModerator
Jul 15, 2018, 10:1907/15/18
10/04/13

ThatGuy said:

BiohazarD said:

I think allowing too many at once is what leaves a league open to sabotage; that's why I suggest an hourly limit rather than a daily limit.  A spy who infiltrates a league or gains illicit access to someone elses' account would need only kick the strongest players.  Since the bulk of the troops are usually in the hands of a small group of players, a daily limit of 10-20 would still make it possible for them to kick the bulk of forces rapidly, setting the rest up for a nasty loss.

Having never been a Marshal, I don't know how many players a Marshal (or trusted member of leadership) typically needs to kick in a given timeframe.  I find it hard to believe there are many occasions where it's necessary to kick more than a handful at once.

Some form of compromise, allowing the limit to be exceeded only if approved by 2 other ranking players (Captain or higher) would be ideal, but probably hard to implement.

A per hour limit would be a massive inconvenience, as most of the time when you're kicking people it's because there was some new requirement instituted in the league that they don't meet, or you've just decided to clear out inactives.  If the league has 15 inactives you want to get rid of to make space for new players, and you can only kick 1 per hour, that's going to be a real chore to clear them out. 

A 2 person approval system wouldn't be too difficult to implement though.  The first person voting to kick a member could highlight that members name on the list, then a second person voting to kick them would remove them from the league.