All Categories

Why does Plarium clear chat and delete PM's?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 7, 2018, 15:1505/07/18
09/29/16

Again my chat is cleared. 

Again my members' strategising, bantering and gossiping is gone forever.

Again I have to repost league orders and news.

Again my PM's are deleted. 

I just dont get it. As Denzel put it so eloquently long ago, please explain it to me as a 3 year old.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 7, 2018, 17:5205/07/18
08/03/14

server reset. 

chat box isnt saved data.  when the reset happens all non saved data is lost. 
May 8, 2018, 12:4305/08/18
02/29/16

Hello, my Lords!

Reset of the game doesn't delete your messages in chats or PM. 

Every chat (global and League) saves 50 last messages. New messages that go above 50 delete the most old received message.

May 8, 2018, 12:4305/08/18
02/29/16
roadstar Pitbull said:

Including raid/seige records in the keep.

Referencing another topic,, how can we track weekly progress in game???

Yes I know,computer and paper spreadsheets, but should we not be able to do so in game?
Devs are going to change the scheme reports are saved. It will allow you to save the most important reports and avoid their deletion :)
May 8, 2018, 15:1605/08/18
12/18/14
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, my Lords!

Every chat (global and League) saves 50 last messages. New messages that go above 50 delete the most old received message.

I have never lost PM's from reset but it does clear chat when we are able to get back in all chat is gone with the exception of game notifications that show up in chat
May 9, 2018, 01:2905/09/18
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, my Lords!

Incorrect response Alina. Every day or two all chat gets deleted except for game/league news as Jezebel pointed out. Thats my point.

And I have been complaining about PM deletions for ages. Even provided obvious solutions if its a bandwidth issue.

BiohazarDModerator
May 9, 2018, 10:2805/09/18
10/04/13
Jaywalker SC said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, my Lords!

Incorrect response Alina. Every day or two all chat gets deleted except for game/league news as Jezebel pointed out. Thats my point.

And I have been complaining about PM deletions for ages. Even provided obvious solutions if its a bandwidth issue.

I guess it'd take up too much space on the game server if they saved all chat data and pms forever.  So they have limits on how much stuff can be stored for each player/league. 
May 9, 2018, 13:1905/09/18
09/29/16

BiohazarD said:

Jaywalker SC said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, my Lords!

I guess it'd take up too much space on the game server if they saved all chat data and pms forever.  So they have limits on how much stuff can be stored for each player/league. 

Agreed Bio. but there is no need to suddenly and erratically delete a few pages of PM's or clear ALL chat.

That makes no sense at all. And if its cause of scheduled server reset, then the system is set up all wrong.

Again, I will refer to the obvious solutions I and others posted before.
May 10, 2018, 05:3105/10/18
May 10, 2018, 05:31(edited)
10/31/14

The real question, should be why Does Plarium, a 500m$ company, even consider deleting players data for something server space. 

Don't they have half a billion players?

Common sense is that they can afford server space on par with Google, or atleast, Facebook. Even companies with 1/10 of plarium base has a superior server space. 

Just upgrade your servers, and buy more bandwidths, or tinker things there. Tinkering with data is not a solution to this problem. Start looking for solutions and not patches. 

May 10, 2018, 11:0405/10/18
02/29/16

Jaywalker SC said:

BiohazarD said:

Jaywalker SC said:

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello, my Lords!

Agreed Bio. but there is no need to suddenly and erratically delete a few pages of PM's or clear ALL chat.

That makes no sense at all. And if its cause of scheduled server reset, then the system is set up all wrong.

Again, I will refer to the obvious solutions I and others posted before.

My Lord, we don't delete all PMs at once. The maximum number of Private messages you can have is 100. When you go above the limit, the game deletes your older messages starting with the older ones. Suggestion to increase this number and to allow players to keep important messages was forward to devs already.

As for chats, I double-checked this question with devs and they confirmed that each chat keeps last 50 messages and they are not removed all at once after server update. Please make a screen if it happens again and create a report in Bug reports thread.
May 10, 2018, 23:2505/10/18
May 10, 2018, 23:25(edited)
05/20/16

I agree with the above statement. League chat messages do vanish into thin air after server updates, leaving us with a blank page with no text.

May 11, 2018, 02:5305/11/18
May 11, 2018, 02:59(edited)
12/18/14

There are limits to how many PM's a single player can keep.  If you are losing messages then you are hanging on to too many - this would include a "string" of messages - for instance if you messaged me and hung on to the message to make it easier to find me next time and just kept all those messages they would eventually add up causing them to be deleted - so you might have a recent message but there may also be one that is weeks old.  Once you are done with a message delete it, if you are messaging to have some in game banter with friends Plarium provided a chat box that could be used for that to keep them out of your mail .... just a suggestion

Alina Player messages disappear after a server reset - if 50 messages remain they are the game generated messages. These are the types of messages that remain after a server reset http://prntscr.com/jgdznw none of the player chat remains.

May 11, 2018, 04:3905/11/18
May 11, 2018, 06:00(edited)
09/29/16

There is no way I have 100 messages remaining in PMs at any one time. Probably more like around 50. Deduct those stupid pesky wraith messages and its even much less. I would laugh at devs explanation but its not funny.

Anything more than 2 pages of PMs get deleted daily. Thats 20 threads of which most are single messages.

AND chat gets deleted almost daily. POOF! Gone. Only the Council posts remain.
May 14, 2018, 11:5205/14/18
02/29/16

Jaywalker SC said:

There is no way I have 100 messages remaining in PMs at any one time. Probably more like around 50. Deduct those stupid pesky wraith messages and its even much less. I would laugh at devs explanation but its not funny.

Anything more than 2 pages of PMs get deleted daily. Thats 20 threads of which most are single messages.

My Lord, I already forwarded to devs the suggestion on removing Wraith messages.

Also, they're working on the increase in the number of messages you can have. Regarding the situation with Chats, as soon as you notice they get cleared again, please send report to our Support team with the screenshots:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/ 

May 15, 2018, 14:1505/15/18
May 15, 2018, 14:16(edited)
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Jaywalker SC said:

My Lord, I already forwarded to devs the suggestion on removing Wraith messages.

Also, they're working on the increase in the number of messages you can have. Regarding the situation with Chats, as soon as you notice they get cleared again, please send report to our Support team with the screenshots:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/bug-reports/ 

There ya go Alina,

http://prntscr.com/ji6gk2

I will make a bug report shortly. But this is common occurrence. It happens all the time. Its not just me and not just my league.
May 17, 2018, 03:3505/17/18
09/29/16

I did not bother to make a bug report.

This issue is common knowledge. And no response from CM anyway. Not wasting my time.
May 17, 2018, 07:0205/17/18
08/30/17

Jaywalker SC said:

I did not bother to make a bug report.

This issue is common knowledge. And no response from CM anyway. Not wasting my time.

Hi!

From what I know Support Agents already informed devs about this issue and they are working to find a solution.

Thanks!

Bogdan
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.