All Categories

Tips on Battle Grounds

Tips on Battle Grounds

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 20, 2018, 00:5704/20/18
01/17/17

Tips on Battle Grounds

First off don't do Battlegrounds especially if you are not within a strong league. Let me clarify why! when i joined my current league we were strong we had very good players. I started doing Battlegrounds in the hopes to get my unit count up and yes it went up very fast in next to no time without spending any money i had a semi decent defense and offense. Then that one crappy day most off the strong players merged within another league and then it all went backwards, Battleground payouts gave nothing to write home about. Went from over 30k defensive units to zip in no time after our league drooped in rank and for over a year i could not even get halfway back to where i was. The trend of late is payouts have dropped heavy. Like spending over 2mil in defense to get 300k in reward and yes some was won with Battlegrounds but lots of them were built, bought  and boosted. what a way to waste money when you get zip in return. But hay i chose to spend money no one made me do it, just the fact that all depends on league rank is bothersome. Now for another thing every now and then i read someone say you will get bad payouts and good ones, some say for every 3 you get so to say nothing the next one will pay "NO" it does not work that way anymore, and if it does for you then it must be because you are within the top leagues or you have more money than you can handle. Ok enough of my bad luck in this game. hope you all enjoy and best of luck.
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 20, 2018, 07:4904/20/18
Apr 20, 2018, 07:57(edited)
11/04/16

chrisjvvuure said:

First off don't do Battlegrounds especially if you are not within a strong league.

This is a bad advise imo: BattleGrounds (bgs) allow you to get hero equipment.
If you are in a strong league, you will be able to find hero equipment in the league chests, so you do not need to defeat bgs.

If you are in a weak league, it's better that you defeat bgs for hero's equipment.

Hero equipments can bring you a bonus up to +70% defense & +50% offense (or +50% defense & +70% offense).

That's a lot.

Apr 21, 2018, 14:4804/21/18
Apr 21, 2018, 14:51(edited)
09/04/15

I only see the time spent with the items 

You can only play the red task because the green task only consumes many units. How do you think? 

Is there a spy system?  That means the enemy will be strong corresponding to what you do. 

Apr 24, 2018, 21:5504/24/18
08/21/14

BGs are for using 4 ovens to create beasties instead of one.  That is their sole purpose.  They're not banks.  They're morphing adapters for the Infantry, Cavalry, and Occult ovens.  There is some overhead involved, so some resources will be 'lost' (They're not 100% efficient).  Cook high resource units and send them to the BGs.  Don't worry about losing units...that's the point.   What matters is how many resources were sent. 

Initially, when you aren't able to build PFs/Huntresses, Reavers/Nomads, Necros/Golems, and Chimeras 24/7 or at all, just build and send archers/pikes, nomads, knights, and any Great Lords you obtain.   Send to reds for offensive payouts and to green for defensive payouts.

For best results, when you're able to, cook and send PFs, Reavers, Golems, and Chimeras, as these are the most resource intensive units in the game per oven, much of it being food.  Send them to greens if you want.

The ONLY thing that matters in BGs are resources.   My experience seems to show most efficient BG levels are 80s to 90s.  Efficiency rises until then, and decreases afterwards.

Apr 24, 2018, 21:5604/24/18
08/21/14
Also, league strength has NOTHING to do with BGs.
Apr 26, 2018, 10:4404/26/18
02/29/16

Aegon Targaryen said:

Also, league strength has NOTHING to do with BGs.

I absolutely agree with this comment!

Your Reward in BGs has never depended on your League. It depends only on your own strategy of playing BGs :)

Though, if you have strong League, more likely you have experienced League members who can give you some good advice on playing BGs      

Also, I moved this topic to Game discussion Thread as it's more suitable for it ;)

Apr 26, 2018, 13:0704/26/18
04/10/15

Aegon Targaryen said:

BGs are for using 4 ovens to create beasties instead of one.  That is their sole purpose.  They're not banks.  They're morphing adapters for the Infantry, Cavalry, and Occult ovens.  There is some overhead involved, so some resources will be 'lost' (They're not 100% efficient).  Cook high resource units and send them to the BGs.  Don't worry about losing units...that's the point.   What matters is how many resources were sent. 

Initially, when you aren't able to build PFs/Huntresses, Reavers/Nomads, Necros/Golems, and Chimeras 24/7 or at all, just build and send archers/pikes, nomads, knights, and any Great Lords you obtain.   Send to reds for offensive payouts and to green for defensive payouts.

For best results, when you're able to, cook and send PFs, Reavers, Golems, and Chimeras, as these are the most resource intensive units in the game per oven, much of it being food.  Send them to greens if you want.

The ONLY thing that matters in BGs are resources.   My experience seems to show most efficient BG levels are 80s to 90s.  Efficiency rises until then, and decreases afterwards.

Totally agree with you said

a nice bunch of nice tips for battlegrounds in a paragraph.

Regards

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.