All Categories

Plarium...

Plarium...

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 2, 2018, 12:4604/02/18
05/01/15

Plarium...

has killed the game by allowing heavy coiners to get out of control!

When I started this game 3 years ago, it was a lot of fun. I used it to have some fun after a hard day at work, to relax and maybe make some friends, but then all changed. Plrium started to make changes, who at first looked great, but in the long run became a catastrophic.

1. Food! Since food is no issue anymore in order to keep your troops from starving, heavy coiners can have billions of troops.It might be a cool thing for the ones who have the, but for the members like me, who spend money just now and then (and I'm sure it is the majority), it's no fun when you get attacked by such hammers on a regular basis. 

2. Beacons! With all the beacon related tourneys going on, there is no way you can keep one, longer than an hour, unless you're happy with all the level one beacons you see on the map. There again, the coiner leagues can do everything. But hey, how many of them are out there, 5, 6!? You'd say it's not much, but these leagues have so many troops that thousands of non coiner leagues have no chance against them. Now, beacons are needed at some point, in order to improve your fortress. How in the world are you supposed to do that, if you cannot keep any?? Of course Plarium will say with money, a lot of money, but this is BS. This was supposed to be a free and fun game, but now it's just a business where all you see in their eyes are dollar signs. Shame on you!

3. Fortess! If you haven't upgraded your fortress to level 20 untilnow, you'll probably never be able to do so. Why even bother trying? Your entire league builds defense for several months to get all killed in 5 minutes by those coiners in the process of upgrading. Great! So many have left the game after such massive losses and never came back. You just have to look around...everywhere you look, you see dead castles, high level ones.

4. Coiners have become bullies! This game is no fun anymore, and I'm sure it's not just me thinking that way. 

Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 3, 2018, 09:0004/03/18
10/04/13
Moi said:

When I started this game 3 years ago, it was a lot of fun. I used it to have some fun after a hard day at work, to relax and maybe make some friends, but then all changed. Plrium started to make changes, who at first looked great, but in the long run became a catastrophic.

1. Food! Since food is no issue anymore in order to keep your troops from starving, heavy coiners can have billions of troops.It might be a cool thing for the ones who have the, but for the members like me, who spend money just now and then (and I'm sure it is the majority), it's no fun when you get attacked by such hammers on a regular basis. 

2. Beacons! With all the beacon related tourneys going on, there is no way you can keep one, longer than an hour, unless you're happy with all the level one beacons you see on the map. There again, the coiner leagues can do everything. But hey, how many of them are out there, 5, 6!? You'd say it's not much, but these leagues have so many troops that thousands of non coiner leagues have no chance against them. Now, beacons are needed at some point, in order to improve your fortress. How in the world are you supposed to do that, if you cannot keep any?? Of course Plarium will say with money, a lot of money, but this is BS. This was supposed to be a free and fun game, but now it's just a business where all you see in their eyes are dollar signs. Shame on you!

3. Fortess! If you haven't upgraded your fortress to level 20 untilnow, you'll probably never be able to do so. Why even bother trying? Your entire league builds defense for several months to get all killed in 5 minutes by those coiners in the process of upgrading. Great! So many have left the game after such massive losses and never came back. You just have to look around...everywhere you look, you see dead castles, high level ones.

4. Coiners have become bullies! This game is no fun anymore, and I'm sure it's not just me thinking that way. 

This belief about the changes to food is a common misconception.  The problem isn't that troops are no longer dismissed when you have negative food, because even before these changes they were dismissed only if they were out of catacombs and at a low enough rate that it wouldn't significantly affect big coiners (you have 50k dragons, and when you pull them out to smash somebodys beacon you lose like 10 of them to food consumption, big deal).  The problem is that the cost of buying large armies has gone down by over 90% compared to a few years ago due to crystal packages/discounts, 75% troop healing discount, 50% booster, etc. 
Apr 6, 2018, 10:1604/06/18
02/29/16

Moi said:

Hello!

Thanks for the time you spent to post the concerns you have regarding the game.

1. The feature when Units were dying due to the lack of Food was removed based on the players' feedback. Still, it hasn't affected the game balance and we still have a limit that you can't speed up the training of your Units if you Food balance is negative in more than 100k. 

2/3 At the moment, Beacons and Fortresses are the main focus for devs. They are working on the changes and improvements to these features based on the feedback we received from the players. So, the changes are to come here.

4. We have attack limits added almost to all features in the game (except for Beacons). You can be attacked maximum by 3 players in the League attack, but defend is possible with all your League that quite often includes more than 100 people. 

Apr 6, 2018, 15:5904/06/18
08/21/14

Removal of food restrictions absolutely has affected game balance.   It may not have as much of an affect as the cheaper sapphire packages, but it does have an affect.

Instead of removing them, they should have doubled down or tripled down on it by removing protections and removing the ability to obtain a troop, regardless of means, when food production is negative.

Hammers would not be possible if this were the case.   Player feedback should NEVER be used to imbalance the game in such a way.   Player feedback has been overwhelming in support of settlement return and hamlet removal, yet Plarium has been adamant about this not happening, so there is more to their decisions than just player feedback.

Apr 6, 2018, 16:2804/06/18
Aegon Targaryen said:

Removal of food restrictions absolutely has affected game balance.   It may not have as much of an affect as the cheaper sapphire packages, but it does have an affect.

Instead of removing them, they should have doubled down or tripled down on it by removing protections and removing the ability to obtain a troop, regardless of means, when food production is negative.

Hammers would not be possible if this were the case.   Player feedback should NEVER be used to imbalance the game in such a way.   Player feedback has been overwhelming in support of settlement return and hamlet removal, yet Plarium has been adamant about this not happening, so there is more to their decisions than just player feedback.

Doubt this would ever be added, but I'd love if it was. I prefer to actually use my troops, not hoard them for some potential epic battle, nevermind the fact I could never compete with those who spend in the first place, and instead employ smart tactics on a smaller level (and the occasional stupid OH GODS NO, ALL ARE DEAD decisions that hurt, but aren't devastating to my total army). From the get-go, I've regularly culled my units to keep my food consumption manageable, something I was castigated for over, and over, and over, with claims that I would change my mind, which has still not happened, as I am aware of what has been proven by scientific studies; the human brain receives nearly the same chemical charge from small victories/rewards as it does large ones, yet is much easier to reproduce and prolong the high.
Apr 6, 2018, 17:3604/06/18
BiohazarD said:

Insanity Talisman said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Doubt this would ever be added, but I'd love if it was. I prefer to actually use my troops, not hoard them for some potential epic battle, nevermind the fact I could never compete with those who spend in the first place, and instead employ smart tactics on a smaller level (and the occasional stupid OH GODS NO, ALL ARE DEAD decisions that hurt, but aren't devastating to my total army). From the get-go, I've regularly culled my units to keep my food consumption manageable, something I was castigated for over, and over, and over, with claims that I would change my mind, which has still not happened, as I am aware of what has been proven by scientific studies; the human brain receives nearly the same chemical charge from small victories/rewards as it does large ones, yet is much easier to reproduce and prolong the high.
Yeah the small victories are sometimes the most satisfying.  Although it is fun watching other people lose tons of troops sometimes lol. 
Aye, I certainly agree and glory in (dance in the ashes of) the destruction, but even when I was in large, good leagues, the occurrence was few and far in-between. Of course, that could be because I am strictly a defensive player. Offensive players likely accomplish this more often.
Apr 6, 2018, 17:4004/06/18
toggit said:

The damage to Beacons is now being felt on Facebook main server

Many level one beacons and balur beacons

https://prnt.sc/j1e5ru

Remember that Facebook has 7,814 Beacons to defend and they have a 'good' attack limit of 150k

https://prnt.sc/j1r41z

Losses at beacons are staggering, especially during tournaments and massacres, so why do we bother trying to defend them?

The rewards for defending have always been much lower than attacking

Beacons need a much better defense bonus and scrap the idea of Siege Mechanics - It may help to reduce the food consumption of all defense units by half, and give zero consumption to fort and beacon defense

Why does a defensive army consume twice as much food as the same strength offense army?

I also get the feeling that Plarium is willfully ignoring the HUGE strategic disadvantage stationary targets have, which nullifies much of their claims that offense and defense are balanced.
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 11, 2018, 10:1204/11/18
Apr 11, 2018, 10:12(edited)
10/04/13
Insanity Talisman said:

BiohazarD said:

Insanity Talisman said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

Yeah the small victories are sometimes the most satisfying.  Although it is fun watching other people lose tons of troops sometimes lol. 
Aye, I certainly agree and glory in (dance in the ashes of) the destruction, but even when I was in large, good leagues, the occurrence was few and far in-between. Of course, that could be because I am strictly a defensive player. Offensive players likely accomplish this more often.
Probably.  Of course they also lose half+ of their army pretty often, so it's only really feasible if you have a lot of money to buy back lost troops or are very careful about picking your battles. 
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 11, 2018, 10:1404/11/18
10/04/13
toggit said:

Remember that Facebook has 7,814 Beacons to defend and they have a 'good' attack limit of 150k

Losses at beacons are staggering, especially during tournaments and massacres, so why do we bother trying to defend them?

Beacons need a much better defense bonus and scrap the idea of Siege Mechanics - It may help to reduce the food consumption of all defense units by half, and give zero consumption to fort and beacon defense

Why does a defensive army consume twice as much food as the same strength offense army?
Game Balance is a joke

Hmm it would certainly make things interesting if they switched all combat over to raid mechanics.  When fortresses first came out they worked on raid mechanics for like the first week, then people started realizing you could wipe out tons of def just using lots of pathfinder/trooper waves so plarium changed it.   
Apr 11, 2018, 11:0304/11/18
04/10/15

toggit said:

Game Balance is a joke

im suffering that there on FB, lol u cant imagine

the problem are in the defense stats and i think i cause game wants implie all league to defend.

let see beast, dragon against griffin. you need 2.8 (lets say 3) griffins to equalize their power to one dragon. so ur food consumption is 3x4=12 food per hour against 4 food per hour. multiplie that for all insane numbers some people has.

so i think if stats were same 1:1 the same some rich people do to have their insane attacking numbers could do for their defense numbers. so i think could be seeing one coiner attacking one beacon defended by only one coiner.

at this moment i only maintain my attacking force. and only have defending forces cause my league have beacons and i must colaborate. if not sure all my defending army were at balurs home.

Regards
Apr 13, 2018, 11:2004/13/18
04/10/15

BiohazarD said:

It's not just about the base unit numbers though.  There are also a lot of temporary boosters, and the attacker has the advantage of being able to activate all of them before they attack, while it's not practical for the defender to keep them running all the time (such as the dragon stone boosts).  Also, most big coiners aren't willing to spend thousands of dollars on defense like they are for offense.  Because defense is usually boring.  It just sits there doing nothing until somebody decides to attack it (and they may never actually attack it if they know you have a lot on something).  So all the big spenders focus on buying offense so they can go out and hit things.  

sure, but if one griff were equivalent to one dragon im pretty sure that a big coiner didnt bother about having a incredible army of both types.

Regards
Apr 6, 2018, 17:3004/06/18
Apr 6, 2018, 17:38(edited)
11/04/15

Game Balance is a joke

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 6, 2018, 17:1904/06/18
10/04/13
Insanity Talisman said:

Aegon Targaryen said:

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 13, 2018, 08:5504/13/18
10/04/13
Juglar del Viento said:

toggit said:

Game Balance is a joke

im suffering that there on FB, lol u cant imagine

the problem are in the defense stats and i think i cause game wants implie all league to defend.

let see beast, dragon against griffin. you need 2.8 (lets say 3) griffins to equalize their power to one dragon. so ur food consumption is 3x4=12 food per hour against 4 food per hour. multiplie that for all insane numbers some people has.

so i think if stats were same 1:1 the same some rich people do to have their insane attacking numbers could do for their defense numbers. so i think could be seeing one coiner attacking one beacon defended by only one coiner.

at this moment i only maintain my attacking force. and only have defending forces cause my league have beacons and i must colaborate. if not sure all my defending army were at balurs home.

Regards
It's not just about the base unit numbers though.  There are also a lot of temporary boosters, and the attacker has the advantage of being able to activate all of them before they attack, while it's not practical for the defender to keep them running all the time (such as the dragon stone boosts).  Also, most big coiners aren't willing to spend thousands of dollars on defense like they are for offense.  Because defense is usually boring.  It just sits there doing nothing until somebody decides to attack it (and they may never actually attack it if they know you have a lot on something).  So all the big spenders focus on buying offense so they can go out and hit things. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.