All Categories

How to Properly Retaliate

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 26, 2018, 03:5303/26/18
04/10/17

Every once in a while someone is going to mess with you or one of your fifes. Sometimes it is a relative low-be whose catacombs are bursting with level one dragons and warlocks but more often than not it is someone several levels above you. Just like in high school there will be bullies who think they are entitled to your holdings and resources. Doing nothing isn't a real option since as soon as players figure out that you won't retaliate they'll be farming you for the rest of your short time playing this game.

Let's remember a few things here shall we? This is a game of war. If all you want is a pretty castle this might not be the game for you. Just sayin. And as a game of war everything, and I mean everything is fair game. So how do we retaliate against a superior enemy (or at least one that pretends to be superior).

First of all take a deep breath. You're going to be very angry at the disrespect and humiliation and destruction of your hard earned gains. Now is not the time for a knee jerk reaction that will likely put you in a much worse position now is the time to plot and scheme. No matter where you are in the game there is no excuse not to have your pikerman at level 30. They are the fastest and cheapest group to build and a couple of thousand pikerman is pretty easy to put together and will have an impact on most opponents.

How do you win this game? You can't. There is no winning and there is no losing. No one can stop you from collecting resources, no one can stop you from building troops, and no one can stop you from engaging in warfare not even if you are being besieged. Thusly you can never really be defeated. Think of being besieged as paying a small amount of protection money to the local thugs and it works out. Like Rick (Rick & Morty) said "once you realize that nothing in the universe matters you own it." So if we embrace the idea that you can't be defeated or defeat anyone else what this game really comes down to is who can be the most annoying and that has nothing to do with group strength or troop numbers. Oh gosh did I just let the secret out?

Aren't you annoyed and angry when someone attacks you and kills all your troops while you're offline or takes your vital resource generating fiefs away from you? Wouldn't you like to inflict that anger onto the person who did that to you? All you have to really do is be as annoying as you can be. Taking away all their fiefs is fun although you'll likely only be able to do that once or twice. Attacks of one archer (cheapest troop in game) over and over again will eventually take their toll. If their league gets involved or your adversary is so powerful your only way out is to get their league involved remember to ring their fortress bell often as that notification goes to every member of the league. If people are playing nasty with you don't hold anything back and think like a terrorist.

Spend your resources and put your troops in the bunker. Give them nothing and take from them everything.

The most vulnerable entity in the game is a large top ten league and the least vulnerable is the lone wolf. 

So don't let anyone push you around.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 26, 2018, 05:3803/26/18
07/25/15

oh, its you again....

If you already in deep doo doo. Start to annoy the fk out of more people does not really beter your cause, and if you in a league its a good chance it will start rain on them as well. And, who the fk care about fiffes anyways. 

If someone siege you, get your league or a friend to break it. People like pvp points. If someone take your fiffe, take someone elses. If you get angry and hot headed when someone raid you while offline and get some of your resources and kill whatever came out of the queue when you was offline, then this game is not the right one for you to play in the first place. 

No one hold ownership of a fife. 
Mar 26, 2018, 07:0203/26/18
04/10/17

Gadheras said:

oh, its you again....

If you already in deep doo doo. Start to annoy the fk out of more people does not really beter your cause, and if you in a league its a good chance it will start rain on them as well. And, who the fk care about fiffes anyways. 

If someone siege you, get your league or a friend to break it. People like pvp points. If someone take your fiffe, take someone elses. If you get angry and hot headed when someone raid you while offline and get some of your resources and kill whatever came out of the queue when you was offline, then this game is not the right one for you to play in the first place. 

No one hold ownership of a fife. 
People keep saying the kind of things you're saying and they have been saying that to me here in forums for a year and yet the hordes bent on my destruction have yet to arrive. I have gotten everything I have wanted in this game so far and have done so defending every fief I have and I encourage my league members to do the same. It appears to me that you might need to reread what I wrote several times before you get it though I did try to keep it simple enough. Perhaps you would care to roll the dice and see how well it works out for you.

Mar 28, 2018, 07:4703/28/18
10/31/14

Bullying is at all times high in the game. Unfortunately if you are in a small league and are bullied the is so much you can do. Retaliation will result in even more bullying. Big leagues sometimes entice small league into a cycle of bullying in order to farm them for points.

So your advice is appreciated. 

And you are spot on, one man league are the best. I haven't been attacked. And if you do, I will give you a warning after FB ten random players in your league and raiding you and any fief that I can see.

Planning is just as important as revenge. Phycological attacks also work if you are weak. 

But I think you also have to consider your enemy. There are leagues that you can't attack. A one man league can fight KT,  but a small league can't because of logistic problem. 

Mar 28, 2018, 22:5603/28/18
02/09/17

without doubt the worst post i have ever seen.. with the worst possible advice to any player... fiefs are fair game not yours and not to be fought over.. any loss of units fighting over fiefs is frankly daft.. because you get so little in resources from them.. grow up put a single archer in .. if you collect you do of not you lost an archer.. and select fiefs that are not raid targets  ! simple end of issue... and a top 10 league is the most vulnerable entity  ? are you mad  ?? players in large leagues have the back up of league mates.. so most have 24/7 cover for a player.. a lone wolf upsetting a group of 160 good players... thats a problem... 

please ignore all of this post very bad advice 

Never ever fight over a fief because its only some of the resources for a small number of low units... you can only make a loss fighting over tiny amounts.. learn to raid  ! 
Mar 28, 2018, 23:2403/28/18
07/25/15

Han said:

without doubt the worst post i have ever seen.. with the worst possible advice to any player... fiefs are fair game not yours and not to be fought over.. any loss of units fighting over fiefs is frankly daft.. because you get so little in resources from them.. grow up put a single archer in .. if you collect you do of not you lost an archer.. and select fiefs that are not raid targets  ! simple end of issue... and a top 10 league is the most vulnerable entity  ? are you mad  ?? players in large leagues have the back up of league mates.. so most have 24/7 cover for a player.. a lone wolf upsetting a group of 160 good players... thats a problem... 

Never ever fight over a fief because its only some of the resources for a small number of low units... you can only make a loss fighting over tiny amounts.. learn to raid  ! 

ASATRU13 is among the ones that have the urge to poke bears that a bit late to wake up from hibernation. Or climb into a zoo's bear pit to take a selfie, because, hey why the hell not.

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 29, 2018, 09:0603/29/18
10/04/13
Han said:

Yep, fighting over fiefs is always a losing proposition since the amount of resources you actually get from them is so small, and will usually get all your troops killed. 
Mar 29, 2018, 19:5003/29/18
09/05/15

Asatru13 said:

Every once in a while someone is going to mess with you or one of your fifes. Sometimes it is a relative low-be whose catacombs are bursting with level one dragons and warlocks............blah, blah, blah.....

Fiefs are fair game, you dont own them, neither do I. This is a war game, not....... err that other farm based game I am forbidden from mentioning

Apr 1, 2018, 18:0304/01/18
I am a member of a big and powerful league. We get spammed very often with small players who send endless raids (or other types of attacks) of a single troop just to bother us. In some way it does work, as it is somewhat of a pain clearing our attack reports of many pointless raids several days in a row (sometimes several come per minute); but on the other side, we get lots of either paragon points or war relics or crystal chests even if we are successfully defending against a one troop attack. So send away and know you are burning more time and harming yourself; whereas we are gaining some good extras without losing troops (generally, what was said is often somewhat true for fireballs as well).
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 2, 2018, 01:1004/02/18
10/04/13
tmquey said:

I am a member of a big and powerful league. We get spammed very often with small players who send endless raids (or other types of attacks) of a single troop just to bother us. In some way it does work, as it is somewhat of a pain clearing our attack reports of many pointless raids several days in a row (sometimes several come per minute); but on the other side, we get lots of either paragon points or war relics or crystal chests even if we are successfully defending against a one troop attack. So send away and know you are burning more time and harming yourself; whereas we are gaining some good extras without losing troops (generally, what was said is often somewhat true for fireballs as well).
I just changed the game settings so I don't get reports from failed attacks that don't kill any troops, spam attacks are pretty easy to ignore if you do that. 
Apr 2, 2018, 12:2904/02/18
04/10/17

You all keep saying the same crap over and over again. Make no mistake I defend all my fiefs and retaliate against any league (yeah that's right the league as the league is responsible for the behavior of its members) to even looks at them funny. I will go after everything they have, low level players, their fortress, their fiefs  and especially their marshal. I don't look for trouble but when it comes my way you can depend on months of harassment from me as a couple of leagues are figuring out right now.

I just finished up 6 months on one guy who thought he could outlast me and in the end decided he'd had enough.  

But please, if you're in for the long haul and think you can bully me or my little league ..... come get some. I'll be waiting.
Apr 2, 2018, 12:3604/02/18
04/10/17
Oracle said:

Bullying is at all times high in the game. Unfortunately if you are in a small league and are bullied the is so much you can do. Retaliation will result in even more bullying. Big leagues sometimes entice small league into a cycle of bullying in order to farm them for points.

And you are spot on, one man league are the best. I haven't been attacked. And if you do, I will give you a warning after FB ten random players in your league and raiding you and any fief that I can see.

Planning is just as important as revenge. Phycological attacks also work if you are weak. 

But I think you also have to consider your enemy. There are leagues that you can't attack. A one man league can fight KT,  but a small league can't because of logistic problem. 

You've been watching me in forums for what almost a year now? You think I'd be talking this kinda smack for that much time if it didn't work? Works like a charm pal. Most players really don't understand this game. If they did they'd be a lot more careful about who they tried to bully. I hate bullies so I enjoy this kind of revenge .... no matter how long it takes. Remember when you tried to warn me several months ago? I'm still playing and still playing on my terms not the communities terms.
Apr 2, 2018, 13:0404/02/18
07/25/15

Asatru13 said:

Oracle said:

You've been watching me in forums for what almost a year now? You think I'd be talking this kinda smack for that much time if it didn't work? Works like a charm pal. Most players really don't understand this game. If they did they'd be a lot more careful about who they tried to bully. I hate bullies so I enjoy this kind of revenge .... no matter how long it takes. Remember when you tried to warn me several months ago? I'm still playing and still playing on my terms not the communities terms.

Orange and tiny hands.....

Apr 2, 2018, 16:0004/02/18
04/10/17

I should have figured that someone who feels so entitled to someone elses things would be someone with an extreme mental disordert ie a liberal

Apr 2, 2018, 17:0904/02/18
07/25/15

Asatru13 said:

I should have figured that someone who feels so entitled to someone elses things would be someone with an extreme mental disordert ie a liberal

Says the mega-posesive fife dude!, lol

Apr 3, 2018, 01:2804/03/18
07/25/15

roadstar Pitbull said:

Asatru13 said:

Just always remember this when the game ends,,,, plarium thanks you very much for all the money you spent....

He will look back at all the fond memories on the fireballs he purchased and spent... :p

BiohazarDModerator
Apr 3, 2018, 18:5204/03/18
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Asatru13 said:

Just always remember this when the game ends,,,, plarium thanks you very much for all the money you spent....

He will look back at all the fond memories on the fireballs he purchased and spent... :p

Of course.  I've even got a picture of a fireball hitting Friction's castle mounted on my wall :P  (jk)
Apr 4, 2018, 05:1204/04/18
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

Asatru13 said:

Of course.  I've even got a picture of a fireball hitting Friction's castle mounted on my wall :P  (jk)

Only time when fireballs is fun, is when playing Dungeons & Dragons with friends.

http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Fireball

Apr 5, 2018, 10:1404/05/18
04/10/17
I'm not so broke that I have to worry about spending $10 on fireballs once in a while and since I don't feel entitled to free things that donation and others like it is what keeps this game afloat. Seems many of you need to grow up a little.
Apr 6, 2018, 16:2904/06/18
04/10/17

roadstar Pitbull said:

" But many more have awoken lately to light of things to come."

What the truck does that mean hippy? Feel entitled to free games do you? Well isn't that all love and peace .... oh yeah let's not forget tolerance. Peace and love in one hand, death and destruction in the other eh. But who knows maybe what is coming is a rapture of sorts. Won't you be surprised .... and horrified at the same time. 
Personally I like to take responsibility for my own life. I want to be paid for the things I do which honor binds me to pay for the things I want. BTW just so you know .... being an enabler to a panhandler isn't doing that person any favors. Bring him home and have him rake your leaves and then pay him for his work. Allow him to feel like a man. And if he doesn't want to work .... let him starve.

Apr 6, 2018, 16:4504/06/18
Asatru13 said:

roadstar Pitbull said:

" But many more have awoken lately to light of things to come."

What the truck does that mean hippy? Feel entitled to free games do you? Well isn't that all love and peace .... oh yeah let's not forget tolerance. Peace and love in one hand, death and destruction in the other eh. But who knows maybe what is coming is a rapture of sorts. Won't you be surprised .... and horrified at the same time. 
Personally I like to take responsibility for my own life. I want to be paid for the things I do which honor binds me to pay for the things I want. BTW just so you know .... being an enabler to a panhandler isn't doing that person any favors. Bring him home and have him rake your leaves and then pay him for his work. Allow him to feel like a man. And if he doesn't want to work .... let him starve.

Huh, I was feeling a bit of sympathy for your position until this, which shows both a distinct lack of empathy for others and understanding of how the world operates as a whole, with a huge slew of life circumstances different from your own, not to mention a failure to recognize your privilege. Yes, I do feel entitled to a free game that is free to play, and also to choose when such a free game deserves my money, not simply fling it and reward bad behavior/development.
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.