All Categories

here i sit

here i sit

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 16, 2018, 01:0303/16/18
08/03/14

here i sit

here i sit, comfortably at the helm of the 2nd ranked league on server 2.  that is, unless some second class league decides to scoop up a bunch of beacons over night. 

i should feel pretty good about this game, after all, im sittin pretty high on the wall and plarium has made it so its nearly impossible to knock my league out of the top 5.  under the current mechanics, its literally impossible for anyone else to go over level 15 on their fortresses and no one can hold a beacon long enough to upgrade it. 

Once you implement league dismissals, my 300 players are going to be locked firmly in 1st position and stay there.

for all the grumbling i do, plariums terrible updates have put me in a pretty good position. 

Alina, 

the complaining and finger pointing i do here is not for my benefit.  i'd be better off to keep my mouth shut and let plarium keep rolling out these ridiculous updates.  i wouldnt have to lift a finger to stay No 1.

but this is a strategy game.  and everything you do to squeeze another dime out of the customers, removed a level a strategy.   at this point there is no more strategy, no need for diplomacy, no need for defense.  And no real reason to attack. 

i should be worried about my league falling in rank and losing its status. i should be worried about that new start up league growing and over taking us. 

This game has litterally become farmville, instead of raising crops, we are all just growing troops.  

When you speak with the devs next, can you find out of they have a long term strategy for maintaining the meta game?  or are they going to just continue with the coin peep show model?

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 16, 2018, 01:4303/16/18
12/18/14
Castle wars - we have been having some fun with that lately although I usually don't care for it :)
Mar 16, 2018, 02:5803/16/18
Mar 16, 2018, 02:58(edited)
05/14/16
Solid Post Turok.
Mar 16, 2018, 15:1403/16/18
10/31/14

The meta game died shortly after  Plarium introduced game features and mechanics that favored coining and cheating over deplomacy and grinding.

Until the balance  corrected the is no saving this game
Mar 17, 2018, 19:3703/17/18
Mar 17, 2018, 19:38(edited)
01/11/16

"Here I Sit"

Your topic says it all. Instead of blaming developers, maybe blame yourself or others. You wanted control you got what you want. I think your topic bites you in the @ss.

Mar 18, 2018, 01:2103/18/18
08/03/14

cat in the hat said:

"Here I Sit"

Your topic says it all. Instead of blaming developers, maybe blame yourself or others. You wanted control you got what you want. I think your topic bites you in the @ss.

control of what?

NeversmilexCommunity Manager
Mar 20, 2018, 15:2703/20/18
10/24/16

Hello, my Lords!

The packages that you can purchase in the game store will of course help you to progress faster. However, it's not the only option for the players.

All in-game features and achievements can be gained by simply playing actively. However, you should be ready that it will take you more of your time.

Mar 20, 2018, 15:4003/20/18
07/25/15
Paul Gladkiy said:

Hello, my Lords!

The packages that you can purchase in the game store will of course help you to progress faster. However, it's not the only option for the players.

All in-game features and achievements can be gained by simply playing actively. However, you should be ready that it will take you more of your time.

It so cute when they new and keep feed us the same manuscript we heard so many times before. "define take more of your time" please? This game have next to NO VALUE when it come to time and effort spent vs reward gained. Or time and effort spent vs coining. And that dear sir, is why the state of the game is what it is.
Mar 20, 2018, 17:2403/20/18
08/03/14

Paul Gladkiy said:

Hello, my Lords!

and what ingame activity do i need to do to become VIP?

or get a 50% offense increase?

or get a 20 day extension on my infirmary purge?

or get 81 free wyverns?

or get free sapphires every 10 days just for logging on?

Mar 21, 2018, 00:5203/21/18
12/13/14
Maybe they will give us a TARDIS in the next tournament .... that would save us a lot of time
Mar 21, 2018, 00:5403/21/18
08/03/14
Snowgoon said:

Maybe they will give us a TARDIS in the next tournament .... that would save us a lot of time
didnt they do that a couple days ago?  i thought i saw a 100% troop movement increase. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 21, 2018, 04:4803/21/18
10/04/13
IronApex Turok said:

Snowgoon said:

didnt they do that a couple days ago?  i thought i saw a 100% troop movement increase. 
Hmm maybe if our troops go fast enough they'll travel back in time. 
Mar 21, 2018, 07:0603/21/18
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Snowgoon said:

Brings up a interesting question. If you could go back in time, how many would told their old self to not start play this game? :p

Mar 21, 2018, 07:4203/21/18
08/03/14
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Snowgoon said:

Brings up a interesting question. If you could go back in time, how many would told their old self to not start play this game? :p

MariusAdmin
Mar 21, 2018, 11:5903/21/18
09/04/17

IronApex Turok said:

and what ingame activity do i need to do to become VIP?

or get a 50% offense increase?

or get a 20 day extension on my infirmary purge?

or get 81 free wyverns?

or get free sapphires every 10 days just for logging on?

I have responded to this in another thread, so I hope you will forgive the copy&paste:

Lords and Ladies, 

While Alina is on vacation I will be covering the forum along with Paul, who you already met. To reiterate a statement that has been made on a number of occasions - there is no guaranteed way to become a VIP player. I am aware what the contemporary opinion on this is, that you need to spend a lot of money. That, however, is incorrect. Activity, time spent in the game and ability to do well in different events and Tournaments as well as position in prominent Leagues all play a much bigger part in getting the player a chance to be considered for a VIP position. But at the same time, the number of people that can be invited into the program is limited and is much smaller than the number of players who qualify. There are times when several candidates are available and only one can be offered a slot. As such, there is an element of luck to it as well.

Mar 21, 2018, 16:0803/21/18
08/03/14
Dimitri Molchanov said:

there is no guaranteed way to become a VIP player. there is an element of luck to it as well.

a dirty word for a STRATEGY game. 
Mar 22, 2018, 05:1303/22/18
07/25/15

djmoody said:

Paul Gladkiy said:

Hello, my Lords!

Sorry - 8bn hammer.

How do i get that from playing - jump in a time machine, allow me to play for 100 years and then come back with my army.

Absolute waste of your time posting - rubbish like that just inflames us more because you assume we are all stupid and not capable of any thought if you think anyone's falling for that.

You allowed absolutely unlimited coining and the greed robbed us of a meaningful strategy game and you robbed yourselves of any future for the servers past year 3. By my reckoning you lost at least 5 years off the life of the games - bravo.

Well, in defense of this mod, they got no clue how the situation actually is in the game.  In the past when such hammers been brought up we been chewed off with its just not real, a monster under the bed, hardly common and have little to no impact on the game, yada yada yada.. You can call it a form of denial on the expense of their product. Short time gain vs long time. Downplaying the issue when in reality just one of these huge hammers to go on a rampage is enough to wreck the game. And of course the standard response of, you need to work together..  That sound good and dandy, if it hadn't been for the slow progress of the game if you are not coining. There is enough f2p games out there with cash shops Plarium could take many a  good lesson from.

MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 09:4003/22/18
09/04/17
IronApex Turok said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

there is no guaranteed way to become a VIP player. there is an element of luck to it as well.

Battlefield luck is a thing. However, in this case VIP program does not equal gameplay itself so I do not think your point is applicable.
Mar 22, 2018, 13:4603/22/18
08/03/14

Dimitri Molchanov said:

IronApex Turok said:

Dimitri Molchanov said:

Battlefield luck is a thing. However, in this case VIP program does not equal gameplay itself so I do not think your point is applicable.

are you trolling me?

VIP does not equal game play?   no..it only gives them 250K worth of offense a week for free.   which then go into gameplay.

from a customer point of view, your banter is becoming quite infuriating and becoming inaccurate bordering on lying to us.  you community managers would be a lot better off not posting some times.  

MariusAdmin
Mar 22, 2018, 14:3803/22/18
09/04/17
I am not trolling you, no. VIP program itself is not part of the gameplay, as explained above there are ways to get considered, but no way to guarantee your acceptance. It is not a baseline feature of the game and the thought that there should be a rigid and defined strategy of reaching this status does not quite apply.
Mar 22, 2018, 14:4203/22/18
08/03/14
Dimitri Molchanov said:

I am not trolling you, no. VIP program itself is not part of the gameplay, as explained above there are ways to get considered, but no way to guarantee your acceptance. It is not a baseline feature of the game and the thought that there should be a rigid and defined strategy of reaching this status does not quite apply.
but you understand the negative impact on gameplay that the VIP program has, right?
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.