Tomes and the lack thereof.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 7, 2018, 15:2503/07/18
09/29/16

Alina,

I hate to come across as a pesky complainer, but there is something really wrong with this picture:

Glory points are of almost no use any more as no league except the big boys can go beyond level 8 fortress.

You also shot down my earlier suggestion to add another safe fort level at 12. 

But this is rather sad to be honest. Tomes are already quite hard to collect enough of, and now you make it even harder?

(And yes folks. Lil Scarecrow has been busy in pvp tourney  )

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 7, 2018, 15:4803/07/18
Mar 7, 2018, 15:49(edited)
12/18/14

Make sure you do your daily league quests http://prntscr.com/io4m27

Even if your league does not receive the quest level for the Legendary reward the tomes will add up

You can earn 980 tomes in a week which will prove to be more than enough once you get to the longer upgrades

This is also helpful to complete your league achievements in the embassy 

Mar 9, 2018, 09:1203/09/18
02/29/16

Jezebel said:

Make sure you do your daily league quests http://prntscr.com/io4m27

Even if your league does not receive the quest level for the Legendary reward the tomes will add up

You can earn 980 tomes in a week which will prove to be more than enough once you get to the longer upgrades

This is also helpful to complete your league achievements in the embassy 

Thanks for your help and recommendations, Lady Jezebel! 

Also, devs are working on the improvements to the League Fortress feature that will be added in the near future. 
Mar 10, 2018, 23:5603/10/18
Aye, I am very familiar with the struggle for tomes and sympathize, Jaywalker. With my tiny league of Three, I can only earn the maximum for the raiding quest and occasionally the destroy units one, while it's difficult to gain a decent amount in the majority of the league tournaments. Not that I'm complaining too much; I chose this path and enjoy steady, delayed gratification.
Mar 11, 2018, 13:3003/11/18
09/29/16

Insanity Talisman said:

Aye, I am very familiar with the struggle for tomes and sympathize, Jaywalker. With my tiny league of Three, I can only earn the maximum for the raiding quest and occasionally the destroy units one, while it's difficult to gain a decent amount in the majority of the league tournaments. Not that I'm complaining too much; I chose this path and enjoy steady, delayed gratification.

Yeah seriously. And Divine quests are rough too. lol

I also chose this path. So should not complain too much (I don't - really). 

Though as per my graphic above, the poor Tomes seem to be rather discriminated against. 

I foresee a bit of a struggle to upgrade any Knowledge past level 5.

Mar 11, 2018, 15:1303/11/18
10/31/14

I am in similar situation. I have a league of three, one is my RL BestF the other is probably an enemy alt.  It's very difficult for me to max any league quest. 

I am not  loner or anything. I just enjoy playing alone. I have freinds from past league and am attached to them as my BestF. 

What  don't understand is Plarium's continual discrimination against small league. 

I enjoy playing alone. Playing alone give me options that aren't normally available to players in  league.  Why is Plarium punishing small leagues

Mar 11, 2018, 16:3403/11/18
Mar 11, 2018, 16:53(edited)
12/13/14

Just wait for a better tournament and stop sacrificing units for garbage rewards

There are league tournaments which give 1000 tomes in the early milestones

You picked the worst tournament

p.s. Earning anywhere near 980 tomes in a week is an impossible task for small leagues - most are lucky to get 5 or 15 per day
Remember that small leagues don't get the legendary milestone either

Mar 12, 2018, 07:3203/12/18
Mar 12, 2018, 07:56(edited)

Oracle said:

I am in similar situation. I have a league of three, one is my RL BestF the other is probably an enemy alt.  It's very difficult for me to max any league quest. 

I am not  loner or anything. I just enjoy playing alone. I have freinds from past league and am attached to them as my BestF. 

What  don't understand is Plarium's continual discrimination against small league. 

I enjoy playing alone. Playing alone give me options that aren't normally available to players in  league.  Why is Plarium punishing small leagues

My guess would be, as far as punishing small leagues, is that the lack of drama doesn't bring in the money. Discord dials up emotions and impulsiveness, which often means more spending. You get any group or groups of people together and there are always going to be issues of some sort, even if it's due simply to the stupid human nature of growing discontent when there is little change, no matter how well everything is going. My problem is that I'm extremely introverted (not to be confused with being shy. I AM THE OPPOSITE OF SHY. XD), and daily forced interaction with anybody will eventually make me want to stab them. I play for the gaming, not the socializing, and handicapping myself in order to cut down on it is more than worth the cost... Wish I didn't have to choose between big league benefits and peace and quiet, though. *squints*

Whoa, EDIT: Just realized what I typed made it sound like I think I deserve the big league benefits. I don't. It's a, "that'd be nice" thing. Those who can get a group to get along, both with themselves and others, have my respect... I just want no part of it. Too much going on in the real world to keep up with, and I've got no interest in fake, self-generated politics of no consequence.

ACK, Double Edit: I fully agree, regarding the original point of the topic, that the balance between the glory points and tomes received in tournaments is off and should be modified.
Mar 12, 2018, 12:1203/12/18
02/29/16

Insanity Talisman said:

Oracle said:

My guess would be, as far as punishing small leagues, is that the lack of drama doesn't bring in the money. Discord dials up emotions and impulsiveness, which often means more spending. You get any group or groups of people together and there are always going to be issues of some sort, even if it's due simply to the stupid human nature of growing discontent when there is little change, no matter how well everything is going. My problem is that I'm extremely introverted (not to be confused with being shy. I AM THE OPPOSITE OF SHY. XD), and daily forced interaction with anybody will eventually make me want to stab them. I play for the gaming, not the socializing, and handicapping myself in order to cut down on it is more than worth the cost... Wish I didn't have to choose between big league benefits and peace and quiet, though. *squints*

Whoa, EDIT: Just realized what I typed made it sound like I think I deserve the big league benefits. I don't. It's a, "that'd be nice" thing. Those who can get a group to get along, both with themselves and others, have my respect... I just want no part of it. Too much going on in the real world to keep up with, and I've got no interest in fake, self-generated politics of no consequence.

ACK, Double Edit: I fully agree, regarding the original point of the topic, that the balance between the glory points and tomes received in tournaments is off and should be modified.

Guys, the League feature itself was created for a group of players who want to play together play together.

The balance of this feature and all other features related to Leagues was created based on the fact that League will consist of a certain number of players. 

I understand that some players choose to play alone in their League, but in this case, you should be ready that you need to be much more active replacing other players who could earn the points by their activity if they were a part of your League.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.