All Categories

Daily Loyalty Roll

Daily Loyalty Roll

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 2, 2018, 23:2903/02/18

Daily Loyalty Roll

This is what I've been seeing every ninety days since I began playing (can't remember for sure if the first go-through was the same; barely recall what I did a week ago, much less a year and a half ago):

And this is what a new player sees (when the loyalty roll works as it should after castle creation):

As well as having the reward for the day pop up immediately after login:

(side note: DO YOU THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO ENCOURAGE EVEN MORE FLINGING OF IDIOT'S FIRE?)

Now, it's widely known that the daily loyalty roll collection graphic malfunctions for many, requiring a refresh to clear, and that there are different loyalty rolls. The roll is likely only different for the initial ninety days, but I would still prefer confirmation that only the newbie roll has changed and I am being given the rewards I should be... Which are pathetic, by the way, for those playing for a while, but I digress.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 3, 2018, 10:5603/03/18
04/10/15

Lord Insanity

dont sure about that, also its first time i see so my answer its about suposition

maybe for new players that do the run for first time is different to try to help him/her to grow a bit faster, as i said im not sure

we can wait till one CM can confirm this

Regards
Mar 4, 2018, 01:2003/04/18
08/03/14
and they wonder why folks have alt castles. 
Mar 4, 2018, 04:3703/04/18
12/18/14
I have never seen that kind of loyalty reward and I don't miss a day of logging in
Mar 4, 2018, 06:4403/04/18
Mar 4, 2018, 06:50(edited)

IronApex Turok said:

I know, right?! This is even worse incentive to create a bunch of fake accounts than the Unity House. Just log in for fifteen days, then, "Burn, Baby, BURN."

...Or, rather- *pauses dramatically* BURNER accounts. Okay, that was a horrible joke. I'll see myself out now.
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 5, 2018, 04:0703/05/18
10/04/13
djmoody said:

You can't trust Plarium to get a single decision right.

Firstly the morality of offering different people different rewards. Everyone is going to now what is "right" and "wrong" about that. So there really is no excuse for it.

But yeah - how clueless in the face of knowing how alt ridden the game is.

Shocked and appalled. 
Yeah, I have to wonder who thought giving new accounts a bunch of fireballs was a good idea. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 5, 2018, 04:0803/05/18
10/04/13
Insanity Talisman said:

IronApex Turok said:

I know, right?! This is even worse incentive to create a bunch of fake accounts than the Unity House. Just log in for fifteen days, then, "Burn, Baby, BURN."

...Or, rather- *pauses dramatically* BURNER accounts. Okay, that was a horrible joke. I'll see myself out now.
Idk, I thought it was kind of funny :P
Mar 15, 2018, 08:4403/15/18
08/21/14
new players getting those rewards for the first 25 days are going to be severely handicapped in the food department.  They will be negative for a long time, as only the first few farm levels don't require food to upgrade if I remember correctly.  New players are going to be very frustrated trying to upgrade their farms to get positive food production.
Mar 16, 2018, 11:5803/16/18
02/29/16

Hello.

From the end of January, some players started to receive the new Rewards in the Daily Loyalty Roll. These players were chosen randomly and it was done to analyze and compare the current Daily Loyalty Roll with the new one. Once the analysis is done, either all players will start to receive these new Rewards or all players will be moved to the old Daily Loyalty Roll Rewards. 

Mar 16, 2018, 14:4103/16/18
10/31/14

Just when I thought Plarium will regress from its discrimination.

How were this players chosen. From the illicit VIP system, from CIA potential terrorist list, by race profiling. 

In a game that already discriminate according to IP location and money spent I find it very troubling that now certain players are "gifted" with units and in-game good. 

A huge majority of VIP are from Australia,70-90%. Can you please explain how are this players were chosen. Plarium game policy already discriminate against certain religion, and I have heard that certain countries in Africa are banned from playing. I need to know that my gaming is secured, and that I am not being discriminated cause I am from Africa. 

Mar 17, 2018, 00:0203/17/18

Due to recently facing the horrors of the long dark of the House of Unity, I can say with a little confidence, given the small sample size, that roughly eighty percent of all newly created castles "randomly" receive the new loyalty roll. In the US, anyway; I've never messed around with VPNs. With how the rewards, low level scrolls/equipment, are geared towards those who just started, I'd be willing to bet that no one who was playing before January has been, again with emphasizing quotations because of the ridiculousness of the claim, "randomly" chosen to test it.

Computers have not yet advanced to be capable of actual random behavior, except in error, and rely on sets of instructions, which, when complicated enough, trick the brain into believing results are by chance. Assertions of the opposite are flat-out lies.
Mar 17, 2018, 14:5203/17/18
10/31/14

Ideed. 

Computers function under a logic, weather this logic be a set equation or rules, it always function under this rules an equation. 

Nothing is random in nature. 

Saying otherwise is insanity.

Mar 17, 2018, 15:2003/17/18
08/03/14
Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

From the end of January, some players started to receive the new Rewards in the Daily Loyalty Roll. These players were chosen randomly and it was done to analyze and compare the current Daily Loyalty Roll with the new one. Once the analysis is done, either all players will start to receive these new Rewards or all players will be moved to the old Daily Loyalty Roll Rewards. 

why was this not tried out on the test server?
Mar 18, 2018, 14:2903/18/18
09/29/16

Alina Phoenix said:

Hello.

Thanks Alina,

And come on guys. For all my petty complaining, this was a decent try-out on Plarium's part. Noone really looks at daily royalty rewards, except counting down to 90 days, eh?

If Plarium has new ideas, give them some credit. The old rewards kinda suck bees anyways.
Mar 19, 2018, 06:0503/19/18

...I have a few Game Forum Commandments I try to live by.

Thou shalt not comment simply to tear down the ideas of others.

Thou shalt not twist the words of another when they are agreeing with you, either to be contrary or to appear to be sat in a position of untouchable wisdom inconceivable by mere mortals.

Thou shalt not tell posters how they should complain, or about what, even if the subject is trifling to you.

Thou shalt not play devil's advocate for the game developer, unless there is genuine need to in the face of true irrationality from the player base.

Thou shalt not offer unsolicited advice.

Thou shalt not instruct others on what they personally believe to be the sole proper etiquette for behav- RUIN AND DAMNATION, I HAVE BROKEN THY OWN COMMANDMENT. Forty lashes with the Rod of Hypocrite's Bane! *wails and flees before the snap and crack of the almighty RoHB*

BiohazarDModerator
Mar 19, 2018, 15:5603/19/18
10/04/13

Insanity Talisman said:

Due to recently facing the horrors of the long dark of the House of Unity, I can say with a little confidence, given the small sample size, that roughly eighty percent of all newly created castles "randomly" receive the new loyalty roll. In the US, anyway; I've never messed around with VPNs. With how the rewards, low level scrolls/equipment, are geared towards those who just started, I'd be willing to bet that no one who was playing before January has been, again with emphasizing quotations because of the ridiculousness of the claim, "randomly" chosen to test it.

Computers have not yet advanced to be capable of actual random behavior, except in error, and rely on sets of instructions, which, when complicated enough, trick the brain into believing results are by chance. Assertions of the opposite are flat-out lies.

https://www.veracode.com/blog/research/cryptographically-secure-pseudo-random-number-generator-csprng

They may not be truly random, but there are ways to make decisions that are effectively random. 

However, it's safe to assume that Plarium has some reasoning for choosing the accounts they do.  They're probably mostly giving the new loyalty roll system to new players to see if it can increase the new player retention rate. 

Mar 19, 2018, 17:4603/19/18
04/10/15

i think it happens as same as real lottery

my number never is inside the pot to be chosen :(

Regards

NeversmilexCommunity Manager
Mar 20, 2018, 15:1103/20/18
10/24/16

Hello, my Lords! 

The accounts for the A/B tests are usually selected randomly. We don't have any intention to provide some of the players with the better benefits than the others.

When the testing is done, there will be the same Daily Loyalty Roll for all the players on the serve, of course.

Mar 21, 2018, 03:3203/21/18
09/29/16

Insanity Talisman said:

Thou shalt not instruct others on what they personally believe to be the sole proper etiquette for behav- RUIN AND DAMNATION, I HAVE BROKEN THY OWN COMMANDMENT. Forty lashes with the Rod of Hypocrite's Bane! *wails and flees before the snap and crack of the almighty RoHB*

Humbly crouches down to receive the punishment of RoHB.

Mar 21, 2018, 06:3803/21/18
Jaywalker SC said:

Insanity Talisman said:

Woo! I love when people play along with my stupidity! Makes me happy, it does. XD Ah, I do agree that an improvement to the current loyalty roll rewards would be great, but my beef is with what constantly comes across as lying from the CMs. I don't comment much, but I read all threads (not that there's a swarm of activity to keep up with, but still) and how common it is is grating. I've long suspected that one of the root causes of this, besides their main job description being to spread propaganda for the company, is that Plarium doesn't seem to hire native English speakers for the post, and much of the subtext and full meaning of the profusion of sarcasm present in these forums is missed or misunderstood. Normally I simply ignore the mouthpieces, but conveniently forget when I feel like snapping back.
Mar 26, 2018, 14:5503/26/18
02/29/16

Insanity Talisman said:

Jaywalker SC said:

Insanity Talisman said:

Woo! I love when people play along with my stupidity! Makes me happy, it does. XD Ah, I do agree that an improvement to the current loyalty roll rewards would be great, but my beef is with what constantly comes across as lying from the CMs. I don't comment much, but I read all threads (not that there's a swarm of activity to keep up with, but still) and how common it is is grating. I've long suspected that one of the root causes of this, besides their main job description being to spread propaganda for the company, is that Plarium doesn't seem to hire native English speakers for the post, and much of the subtext and full meaning of the profusion of sarcasm present in these forums is missed or misunderstood. Normally I simply ignore the mouthpieces, but conveniently forget when I feel like snapping back.

My Lady, I don't see any lie in the replies of the Community managers :) 

Yes, Community managers are not native speakers, but we have a whole team of them and can have a consultation if we have any doubts regarding "full meaning of the profusion of sarcasm" in the post :)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.