All Categories

Mouse Scroll Wheel Not functioning

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jan 17, 2018, 07:0701/17/18
05/14/15

Whatever changes you made in the past 24 hours have broken the scroll wheel functionality of the mouse.

I use to use it to zoom in and out while viewing inside castles. Doesn't work anymore.

I use to use it to scroll menus and windows (such as viewing troops in castle or catacombs) currently in this menu, 1 tick of the wheel scrolls almost 2 pages down or up rather than 8 to 10 ticks as it normally should to scroll down the equivalent of 1 page within the menu or window. 

In other menus, I have to scroll the mouse wheel 30 to 40 ticks to get it to scroll one page down. 

This seriously hampers the ability to perform quick selections of troops or changes. And normal game play is very much hindered. 

Please investigate and correct A.S.A.P. 
Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 17, 2018, 08:5601/17/18
06/09/16

I also found this to be true.  

scroll fro Zooming with in castle is not working..  ( but if you hit the ALT while scrolling it will work) 

and scrolling in tabs will scroll more then just a little with in the menus.    

Agent PavelTechnical Support
Jan 17, 2018, 09:3601/17/18
07/02/15

Hello, Lords!

We have not updated the games in the last 24 hours. It looks like Adobe Flash player or plugin has been updated. Could you please specify the browser you use, its version and the version of the Adobe Flash player (except for Google Chrome)? 
Jan 17, 2018, 10:5701/17/18
06/09/16

Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Lords!

We have not updated the games in the last 24 hours. It looks like Adobe Flash player or plugin has been updated. Could you please specify the browser you use, its version and the version of the Adobe Flash player (except for Google Chrome)? 

everything  was working, then refreshed the browser yesterday and it stopped working.. I did not Load or change anything in that time frame.   
Jan 17, 2018, 11:2501/17/18
Yeah, something was tinkered with in the game, and it wasn't Flash Player... Probably haven't updated my Flashes in a couple months. XD Same scrolling issue with three different browsers, then there's the fact that the loading screen is a little messed up and showing a hint that can't possibly refer to Stormfall, since we don't have "battle fleets". *shakes head and sighs* Why lie about something that is so obvious? Nothing was changed? Really?
Jan 17, 2018, 18:4501/17/18

Limad said:

Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Lords!

There's a new chat system. 

Dude, I'm slow today (I'm slow everyday, but SHH!). Finally realized why the wording of the response from the administrator bothered me, and kept bothering me, because I obsess about wording. I was online in the game when the scrolling problem was introduced, which would of been around twenty-six hours before the message here was posted. I remember it quite clearly. I almost never miss pushing raids. The game would not load for a few minutes and I missed two raid pushes. THAT IS A HUNDRED THOUSAND RESOURCES THAT WILL NEVER BE MINE. *screeches and brandishes spork* Then I noticed that I could no longer use the scroll wheel.

Tricky, tricky choice of words there.
Jan 20, 2018, 20:0501/20/18
05/14/15

And still not response or acknowledgement of this issue from any of the Admins after all this time?

What I really am having trouble with is how these "updates" get applied with practically zero beta testing or checking to see if the new update breaks anything. Granted some of the more in-depth aspects of the game may be missed in testing, but a core function such as controlling the game's interface is hardly an in-depth detail. 

It's a CORE FUNCTION of the U.I. How the hell can your testers miss something as basic and simple as the mouse not working correctly when you make changes to the game? 

As for the statement of it being a change to Flash Player, the last update to Flash Player was made on January 9th. I have not updated my version of Flash Player since early December and my updates are set to manual so it prompts me before hand and I have to MANUALLY allow the update. 

Plus the fact that I wrote the original bug report on the 17th when I started experiencing the issue which is over a full week from the date Adobe made their updates. So your statement that Adobe updated Flash Player is an attempt to shift blame. 

It has already been pointed out that you DID make changes to the code in the game to add the chat feature and it was announced on the 17th when the mouse scroll issue began.  Your update occurred after the Adobe update was released and the scroll issue began on the same day you updated your code for the chat feature. How is this so difficult to comprehend?

Please stop treating people as if they lack common sense.

And FIX the issue. It's been 3 days and still a core functionality of the game's U.I. is NOT WORKING.  
Jan 21, 2018, 09:3201/21/18
07/02/15

Lords, please be aware that the chat is not in-game feature. It is an individual chat located on plarium.com website. The same thing with the pre-loaders (picture behind the loading bar). These features do not affect the game directly, and as I have specified in the first reply, we have not updated the game.

Please provide us with the screenshots illustrating the issue and the exact steps to reproduce it. I will forward this issue to our developers.
Jan 21, 2018, 09:5901/21/18
06/09/16

Agent Pavel said:

Please provide us with the screenshots illustrating the issue and the exact steps to reproduce it. I will forward this issue to our developers.

Really?    Screen shots of something that would need a VIDEO to show not working..  

its SIMPLE to recreate..  go to the castle..  use your Scroll wheel..  does the game ZOOM in and out?  Like it should...    it worked, then when the game refreshed it didnt.. 

I did not upgrade my computer.  I did not update my Browser.  I did not update the flash on the computer.  

it is not an ISOLATED CASE. its multiple users across multiple browsers and formats.  

and for some reference..  27 yrs USAF as a Computer Tech, Network Admin, Sys admin.  

and I NEVER used its someone else's problem to push off the issue.   I worked to fix it. even though it was not my issue.  

Respectfully,  KDaver
Jan 21, 2018, 10:1501/21/18
07/02/15

KDaver said:

Agent Pavel said:

Really?    Screen shots of something that would need a VIDEO to show not working..  

its SIMPLE to recreate..  go to the castle..  use your Scroll wheel..  does the game ZOOM in and out?  Like it should...    it worked, then when the game refreshed it didnt.. 

I did not upgrade my computer.  I did not update my Browser.  I did not update the flash on the computer.  

it is not an ISOLATED CASE. its multiple users across multiple browsers and formats.  

and for some reference..  27 yrs USAF as a Computer Tech, Network Admin, Sys admin.  

and I NEVER used its someone else's problem to push off the issue.   I worked to fix it. even though it was not my issue.  

Respectfully,  KDaver

Thank you for the details. 

You may experience issues with the scroll in fullscreen mode in Google Chrome browser. This is not a game bug, since the issue is related to Google browser. Unfortunately, we are unable to fix this issue from our side. It can be resolved with one of the further Google updates. Meanwhile, you can use other browsers where the scroll option works as intended (e.g. Mozilla Firefox).

Jan 21, 2018, 13:3301/21/18
06/09/16
Agent Pavel said:

Thank you for the details. 

You may experience issues with the scroll in fullscreen mode in Google Chrome browser. This is not a game bug, since the issue is related to Google browser. Unfortunately, we are unable to fix this issue from our side. It can be resolved with one of the further Google updates. Meanwhile, you can use other browsers where the scroll option works as intended (e.g. Mozilla Firefox).

Not talking FULL SCREEN mode.. that has not worked in Months.. we are talking normal screen mode.  and like I said in the fist post.. WAS working.. then was not when the game froze. I refreshed.. and then it didnt..  I CHANGED NOTHING..   
Jan 21, 2018, 15:4801/21/18
Jan 21, 2018, 16:12(edited)

... *twitches and fights not to scream obscenities* I think we're being toyed with and intentionally provoked. I do not use the bloated monstrosity that is Chrome. A day before the chat feature was added to the Plarium site, Stormfall would not load for a couple minutes and when it came back online the scroll function was broken. Something was obviously changed in the actual game. This whitewashing of such a simple matter is ridiculous.

False claim about a Flash Player update, deflection to a known Chrome issue... Wonder what the next rousing round of throw a dart at the scapegoat will bring? *ponders*
Jan 22, 2018, 09:5101/22/18
07/02/15

Dear Lords, I apologize for the misunderstanding. The issue is related to plarium.com website update which has been made to improve Adobe Flash player plugin compatibility with our games. 

I have informed the developers about the issue and they will look what can be done. As a temporary solution, you can hold ALT button on your keyboard and use the scroll on your mouse. It should work as intended. 

I will inform you when I receive any news from the developers.
Jan 22, 2018, 13:2301/22/18
06/09/16

Agent Pavel said:

Dear Lords, I apologize for the misunderstanding. The issue is related to plarium.com website update which has been made to improve Adobe Flash player plugin compatibility with our games. 

I have informed the developers about the issue and they will look what can be done. As a temporary solution, you can hold ALT button on your keyboard and use the scroll on your mouse. It should work as intended. 

I will inform you when I receive any news from the developers.

I figured out a Fix for this..   for Google Chrome.. 

Refresh the game.. Click the FULL SCREEN MODE

then Click FULL SCREEN MODE again to make it framed..  

Scroll wheel will work..  or it has for me..  I did it on multiple computers so far.. and each time it worked.  

Hope this helps others having the Issue..  

Jan 25, 2018, 20:3301/25/18
06/09/16

Seems it is fixed now..  

but Plarium should not take Credit for fixing the issue..  when they said they never did anything to break it..  

Jan 27, 2018, 00:4901/27/18
11/16/16
That's funny since the wheel stopped working today for me. I use Chrome in non-full screen mode. I haven't updated anything. I now have to use the right hand scroll bar... very annoying.
Jan 27, 2018, 04:4001/27/18
Jan 27, 2018, 04:49(edited)
02/09/16
Mine worked fine this morning and now if I scroll up during loading screen I can see upper half of game screen. If I scroll down when loading I can see bottom half of loading screen. I can not move windows or scroll in the game. The game is unplayable like this. I was runing an older version of Chrome then updated and still the same. It also seems Flash is being turned off as well. I have done all the trouble shoots I have seen to no avail. I have tried other browsers freshly installed and the problem continues to exist. 
Jan 27, 2018, 06:4201/27/18
Whoa, that's weird. I had thought the scrolling problem had been put to rights, since, except for the dizzy-headed loading screen bar and message, everything's working as it should on three basically unsupported browsers, Maxthon Nitro, Vivaldi, and Opera Neon (and Nitro uses a Flash that came out in 2014!!!), so I expect to encounter issues, but for the most popular and widely used browser to be glitched still.... WHAT ARE THEY DOING, PRECIOUS?
Jan 28, 2018, 01:2501/28/18
09/22/17

Whatever changes you made in the past 24 hours have broken the scroll wheel functionality of the mouse.

I use to use it to zoom in and out while viewing inside castles. Doesn't work anymore.

I use to use it to scroll menus and windows (such as viewing troops in castle or catacombs) currently in this menu, 1 tick of the wheel scrolls almost 2 pages down or up rather than 8 to 10 ticks as it normally should to scroll down the equivalent of 1 page within the menu or window. 

In other menus, I have to scroll the mouse wheel 30 to 40 ticks to get it to scroll one page down. 

This seriously hampers the ability to perform quick selections of troops or changes. And normal game play is very much hindered. 

Same problem for another 4 player like me who use Windows 10

Provide, please, because in this way it plays very badly

Jan 28, 2018, 01:5201/28/18
Jan 28, 2018, 01:53(edited)
12/21/15

Good evening ...

problem common to 25 of my players ...

the wheel of the mouse from 2 days does not scroll the pages but zooming with delays on the game and continuous noise to read the chat ... while first with the wheel is went down quickly at the bottom or at the top of the page now we have the zoom function in place ...

I explain the usefulness that can have ??

do you realize that this new function in place destroys only the balls ???

I do not want to talk about the vowels with the accent that if you use you refer to the beginning of the sentence you write ...

let's try to correct the error ????         thank you

Jan 28, 2018, 04:2001/28/18
05/07/16

Hello

does not work the mouse wheel that serves to move the game up and down.

It worked until 2 days ago now in its place there is the zoom that serves nothing but to waste time and patience.

Can you restore the wheel function as it was before? Playing like this is a waste of time and it is unnerving,

Thanks