All Categories

Disappearing units

Disappearing units

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Jul 15, 2018, 13:4907/15/18
05/28/16

Disappearing units

On more than one occasion I have started my day with up to 1,000,000+ offensive units gone. That is to say that when I put everything to bed I had...say 30,500,000 offensive units and the next morning I have 29,422,351 units.

What's up with that?

The first 2 - 3 times I chalked it up to not paying close enough attention...so I started making "note" of unit counts at the end of the day, and while I don't have "hard evidence" I can get it over a relative short time.

It would please me no end to not notice this error again.

Views
Comments
Comments
Agent PavelTechnical Support
Jul 16, 2018, 11:1707/16/18
Jul 16, 2018, 11:18(edited)
07/02/15

Hello, Lord!

There are no bugs related to a troops' disappearance. The difference in total strength does not always mean you have lost the units. Please follow this article to find the missing units.  

If you consider the troops have been lost due to a bug, please provide us with the steps to reproduce the issue. Here is an instruction on how to report bugs.

Jul 16, 2018, 12:1207/16/18
Jul 16, 2018, 12:18(edited)
05/20/16

Probably a long shot, but did you switch Hero abilities from offense to defense? were all was towards offense at the time of the count. Paragon expired?

Jul 16, 2018, 16:1007/16/18
Jul 16, 2018, 21:56(edited)
05/28/16

Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Lord!

There are no bugs related to a troops' disappearance. The difference in total strength does not always mean you have lost the units. Please follow this article to find the missing units.  

If you consider the troops have been lost due to a bug, please provide us with the steps to reproduce the issue. Here is an instruction on how to report bugs.

You're quite funny son...

This statement was made after several RANDOM occurrences, in virtually every instance the "troop loss" was determined by taking into account EVERYTHING yo linked. There was no opportunity for offensive troop loss as ALL offensive units were in the catacombs, and not available for play.

And, as for duplicating the events; you know as well as I that is simply not possible...due to the nature of the original code and the maintenance it has received over the years....and then there is the RANDOM nature of your BUG...and yes, I'm calling it a bug...

Oh, and on the providing enough data to reproduce the error...I don't collect data for free, the nature of the exception isn't enough to go that far, especially   when it is your responsibility...although IF I did I would charge my normal "shop rate": $125.00/hr with an 8 hour min. So why not get your developers to do their job.

ETA: Sorry about that, but, this is a program exception that you should be aware of...now you are...I've done my part.

Jul 16, 2018, 16:1807/16/18
05/28/16

Futrikelv said:

Probably a long shot, but did you switch Hero abilities from offense to defense? were all was towards offense at the time of the count. Paragon expired?

Nope...none of the above.

I had seen the issue before and was taking measures to help define it, so...from the first "reading" to the second (over night) there were no changes of any kind

No troops destroyed by any of my actions.

No troops created.

No troops transferred

No troops destroyed by another player.

No bonus applied or expired.

Just 500,000 - 1,000,000 worth of offensive strength missing.

Jul 18, 2018, 10:3907/18/18
07/02/15

jims said:

Agent Pavel said:

Hello, Lord!

You're quite funny son...

This statement was made after several RANDOM occurrences, in virtually every instance the "troop loss" was determined by taking into account EVERYTHING yo linked. There was no opportunity for offensive troop loss as ALL offensive units were in the catacombs, and not available for play.

And, as for duplicating the events; you know as well as I that is simply not possible...due to the nature of the original code and the maintenance it has received over the years....and then there is the RANDOM nature of your BUG...and yes, I'm calling it a bug...

Oh, and on the providing enough data to reproduce the error...I don't collect data for free, the nature of the exception isn't enough to go that far, especially   when it is your responsibility...although IF I did I would charge my normal "shop rate": $125.00/hr with an 8 hour min. So why not get your developers to do their job.

ETA: Sorry about that, but, this is a program exception that you should be aware of...now you are...I've done my part.

Dear Lord!

We exclude the possibility that your troops could disappear without any reason. In case your total troops' power decreased, this means some enhancers were turned off. Also please check your troops' numbers. If they are still the same, this means you have not lost the units.

Regular gameplay cases are not being investigated by tech support. If you consider this happened due to a bug, then please describe the actions you performed in the game before the issue. In case the issue is confirmed, we will be able to investigate your losses. 

Jul 18, 2018, 13:4707/18/18
05/28/16

"We exclude the possibility that your troops could disappear without any reason. In case your total troops' power decreased, this means some enhancers were turned off. Also please check your troops' numbers. If they are still the same, this means you have not lost the units."

Of course they didn't disappear without reason; the reason is a random application exception.

There were NO "enhancers" employed at those times...

Jul 18, 2018, 14:0907/18/18
Jul 18, 2018, 14:14(edited)
07/02/15

jims said:

"We exclude the possibility that your troops could disappear without any reason. In case your total troops' power decreased, this means some enhancers were turned off. Also please check your troops' numbers. If they are still the same, this means you have not lost the units."

Of course they didn't disappear without reason; the reason is a random application exception.

Please check the list of bonuses in this article that could cause the power to decrease. The data is compared in accordance with your activity in the game. I.e. if your troops do not participate in battles for some time, the power in statistics will be updated after the next synchronization. 

To confirm the issue, we need to reproduce it on our side or receive the appropriate pieces of evidence. I am afraid we will be unable to investigate this situation further without the corresponding information. 
Jul 18, 2018, 15:0307/18/18
12/18/14
Paragon?
Jul 18, 2018, 23:0707/18/18
03/13/15
the only other case I remember where the troops were disappearing was when 2 people we're sharing the account and one of them was deleting reports after doing BGs.. just a personal experience.. this may not be the same in ur case
Jul 21, 2018, 15:0107/21/18
Jul 21, 2018, 15:11(edited)
05/28/16

Agent Pavel said:

jims said:

Please check the list of bonuses in this article that could cause the power to decrease. The data is compared in accordance with your activity in the game. I.e. if your troops do not participate in battles for some time, the power in statistics will be updated after the next synchronization. 

To confirm the issue, we need to reproduce it on our side or receive the appropriate pieces of evidence. I am afraid we will be unable to investigate this situation further without the corresponding information. 

lol...

I'm guessing y'all haven't had much experience developing software! That's okay. I have; I'm a retired software architect, and, I've lost count of the times I've had to find a random exception armed with only the knowledge that a random exception is occurring. 

It is a test of an engineer's mettle the finding of a solution to such an exception, without which I'm not really sure One should call themselves an engineer. Of course I'm presuming you employ real engineers as contrasted with script kiddies, but still, the finding and solving the "impossible" is part and parcel of being a software engineer.

In any case; you children have fun...