Games

Games

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Oct 11, 2017, 20:1510/11/17
10/31/14

Games

Which other cool game is out there. 

I have been searching and searching. I didn't find anything worthwhile. 

So maybe you guys could recommend one or two. 

Criteria

• It has to be browser based
  • It has to be from new publisher so don't recommend Sony or rock-star ect sh*t
  • Management based, not character based e.g League of Legends
  • I has  to be manly, no pink stuff e,g Farmville
  • No downloads required, It should be playable on mobile flash or WebGl browsers so I can play anytime( and not be hacked)
  • it should offer living interactive community platforms forums, FB chats ect. 
  • There should be no Nazi computer hacking coiners in that game
NO OLD games. I already play WoW, WC and Eve. But those are hardcore-hardcore games. I need "click quit" like stormfall game. So don't recommend stress inducing games, like ones with nuclear weapons and a historic significance( any WW1/2 games). 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 12, 2017, 06:5210/12/17
07/25/15

Sadly what you are looking for is just as much pay to win, and if we start mention the names of any other games Plarium will just close the thread.
Oct 12, 2017, 08:0410/12/17
03/01/15
If you're looking for low stress management games that are browser based, why not check out some idle games?  There's a pretty good variety of them, so you should be able to find something manly enough for your tastes.  
Oct 12, 2017, 10:5410/12/17
07/25/15

You could try fallout shelter, its not browser based though, but a bit addicitive. 
Oct 12, 2017, 16:2510/12/17
12/21/14
Gadheras said:

Sadly what you are looking for is just as much pay to win, and if we start mention the names of any other games Plarium will just close the thread.
Well you may as well mention the games as I guarantee Alina will close this thread anyway lol. 
Oct 12, 2017, 16:2810/12/17
12/21/14
Oracle said:

Which other cool game is out there. 

I have been searching and searching. I didn't find anything worthwhile. 

So maybe you guys could recommend one or two. 

Criteria

• It has to be browser based
  • It has to be from new publisher so don't recommend Sony or rock-star ect sh*t
  • Management based, not character based e.g League of Legends
  • I has  to be manly, no pink stuff e,g Farmville
  • No downloads required, It should be playable on mobile flash or WebGl browsers so I can play anytime( and not be hacked)
  • it should offer living interactive community platforms forums, FB chats ect. 
  • There should be no Nazi computer hacking coiners in that game
NO OLD games. I already play WoW, WC and Eve. But those are hardcore-hardcore games. I need "click quit" like stormfall game. So don't recommend stress inducing games, like ones with nuclear weapons and a historic significance( any WW1/2 games). 

There's hundreds of games out there but you just limited yourself to about 5 or maybe even 3 lol. All seriousness I've gone back to an old favourite but as you not looking for a hardcore game I cant help you
Oct 12, 2017, 17:4910/12/17
10/31/14

At these rates I would play any game. 

By management based I mean a game in which I have to manage a city, castle, island, planet or something. Eve is a kind of management based game. 

Not a game in which I have to manage a character, like ever quest or league of legend or Naruto online. I need something I can play while I study genetics, or medicinal chemistry. That is what i mean when I mention stress. 

A game in which I have to load a gun and run around shooting people while talking on headphone with fat man from somewhere in India is also a no no. These include GTA. 

Just mention what game you play. And I will try it out. 

Oct 12, 2017, 17:5510/12/17
Oct 12, 2017, 17:57(edited)
10/31/14

Gadheras said:

I was browsing through steam. And I am sure I can find something better than your suggestion. Its a wonderful game. Their items fetch at a high price. They must be another Plarium in the making. 

I will see if I like it after a week of playing. 

Anymore suggestion.

Oct 12, 2017, 18:4310/12/17
12/21/14
Oracle said:

By management based I mean a game in which I have to manage a city, castle, island, planet or something. Eve is a kind of management based game. 

Not a game in which I have to manage a character, like ever quest or league of legend or Naruto online. I need something I can play while I study genetics, or medicinal chemistry. That is what i mean when I mention stress. 

A game in which I have to load a gun and run around shooting people while talking on headphone with fat man from somewhere in India is also a no no. These include GTA. 

I've gone back to playing DAOC Uthgard.( Character based i'm afraid ) A 100% free game with anyone caught cheating is banned, no exceptions!! There have been a few that have tried but all end up on the banned list. 
Oct 12, 2017, 21:1110/12/17
07/25/15
Oracle said:

Gadheras said:

I was browsing through steam. And I am sure I can find something better than your suggestion. Its a wonderful game. Their items fetch at a high price. They must be another Plarium in the making. 

I will see if I like it after a week of playing. 

Anymore suggestion.

uh what? You can play Fallout Shelter completely for free. You know, grind rather than just BUY your way. and its management, which you wanted, so idk...  Its free to download, just try it, you never know. maybe you like it.
Oct 12, 2017, 21:1310/12/17
07/25/15
Tychi said:

Oracle said:

I've gone back to playing DAOC Uthgard.( Character based i'm afraid ) A 100% free game with anyone caught cheating is banned, no exceptions!! There have been a few that have tried but all end up on the banned list. 
DAOC?  Dark Age of Camelot or something like that? I went back to Elder Scrolls Online after the Morrowind expansion. Didn't play it since before the "one tamriel" update, which made it more fun to play s well. Everything scale to your level, so you can group with some guy at level 5 and do dungeons together. Makes it a lot more social and easier to get friends in to play without them have to grind their ass off to catch up etc. 
Oct 13, 2017, 16:4910/13/17
Oct 13, 2017, 16:51(edited)
10/31/14

djmoody said:

You should try Grepolis.

It's a similar castle based war game. But you can have an infinite number of cities. Taking cities from players is a big part of being successful. It's quite hardcore PVP (so not one for the farmers) as you can be completely wiped out (there is nothing stopping all your cities being lost). 

The game mechanic means that alts are reasonably pointless (when you can have infinite cities anyway). The game mechanics are slightly more complex to the extent that coiners won't beat skilled players. Being in a good team far more important than spending.

To be honest it solves a lot of the problems.

Only one major drawback is that it can take 5/6 hrs of dedicated game time followed by another 5/6 hrs 12 hrs later to be successful offensively. So it's a major time drain. I played when I was taking time off work but when I went back to work I just didn't have the spare time to play to the level required to be good.

Grepolis isn't for everyone due to the extreme hardcore PvP nature and massive time sink for running attacks. But if you want RTS that isn't coiner unbalance you should give it a try to see if it suit you.

I would also highly recommend C&C Tiberium Alliances.

The fighting is live thing you can watch. As a result the battle mechanic is very complex to truly master. It's not like here when as soon as the troops are sent you would know the outcome and biggest army wins. If you don't master it you won't be successful in PvP and you won't be very efficient in PvE and will have much slower growth. So again skill plays a major part. A dumb coiner in that game will get nowhere.After Stormfall which has virtually no player skill element these days it is very welcome.

Where you bases are located (and that of your alliance members) has a huge bearing on the game as you maneuver for Point of Interest which give significant bonuses. This gives rise to some pretty strategic gameplay when you are at war with another alliance. There are a huge number of ways to go about things and bad positioning without good thinking gets punished big time.

The coining is interesting, capped at a daily max which is a refreshing change. If you want to win a server you'll have to drop money but if you are happy to enjoy the experience you can quite comfortably play through a server for the equivalent of $5 a month.

I am still playing C&C 1.5yrs in.

I am still investigating Gregopolis. Din't know that there was Command and Conquer mmorpg. it was my favorite mobile game. very difficult to complete. I will give it a try. 

edit

It runs so well is is HTML based. I think I will stick around 

Oct 13, 2017, 21:5710/13/17
12/21/14

Gadheras said:

Tychi said:

Oracle said:

DAOC?  Dark Age of Camelot or something like that? I went back to Elder Scrolls Online after the Morrowind expansion. Didn't play it since before the "one tamriel" update, which made it more fun to play s well. Everything scale to your level, so you can group with some guy at level 5 and do dungeons together. Makes it a lot more social and easier to get friends in to play without them have to grind their ass off to catch up etc. 

You got it Dark Age of Camelot. The all time great pvp game imo. I couldn't get on with ESO. 

Might try out this Grepolis that DJ is talking about
Oct 14, 2017, 02:3310/14/17
07/25/15
Tychi said:

Gadheras said:

Tychi said:

Oracle said:

You got it Dark Age of Camelot. The all time great pvp game imo. I couldn't get on with ESO. 

Might try out this Grepolis that DJ is talking about
Did you try ESO before or after the one tamriel update? After the one tamriel update its a lot more fun as you can play with all your friends regardless of their levels and gear and stuff. I like the social aspect of gaming :p
Oct 14, 2017, 13:5710/14/17
10/31/14

djmoody said:

The hardcore PvP nature will suit you well I think.

It has some very polished ancillary feature too.

If you start an alliance you get your own in game forum for your alliance. Automatically shows up for anyone in your alliance. Elements of it can be shared with allies (C&C has that also).

Not only that but you can choose to save your battle reports. Saving them provides a small piece of code that you can add to your alliance forum or to any in-game mails you send. The screenshot of the fight then appears in your posts/mails. Massive time saver.

Little things but they make the whole game easier and therefore more enjoyable to play. Developer has clearly spend a lot of time and effort making the game better for the players.

TYour suggested game are really good. I really like Command and Conquer. I made a league(alliance)  and it boomed. Although I don't understand much about the game and I am always running out of Tib. But I will get there. I figured when something blink I have to click, contrary to most games I play these game in user time based. Things happen when you're online, and not offline. I can't attack other players yet as I am still under a bubble but I am sure I will get there.

I really liked these and want Plarium to make something similar. 

Oct 14, 2017, 16:2410/14/17
07/25/15
Oracle said:

djmoody said:

The hardcore PvP nature will suit you well I think.

It has some very polished ancillary feature too.

If you start an alliance you get your own in game forum for your alliance. Automatically shows up for anyone in your alliance. Elements of it can be shared with allies (C&C has that also).

Not only that but you can choose to save your battle reports. Saving them provides a small piece of code that you can add to your alliance forum or to any in-game mails you send. The screenshot of the fight then appears in your posts/mails. Massive time saver.

Little things but they make the whole game easier and therefore more enjoyable to play. Developer has clearly spend a lot of time and effort making the game better for the players.

TYour suggested game are really good. I really like Command and Conquer. I made a league(alliance)  and it boomed. Although I don't understand much about the game and I am always running out of Tib. But I will get there. I figured when something blink I have to click, contrary to most games I play these game in user time based. Things happen when you're online, and not offline. I can't attack other players yet as I am still under a bubble but I am sure I will get there.

I really liked these and want Plarium to make something similar. 

It is a bit like a can of worms though. As the content would be hosted on Plariums property they would be liable to any illegal activties going on, even in private guild forums. They got a moderator responsiblity. And with them can't even keep the Stormfall forums in order, that just wont happen anytime soon.
Oct 15, 2017, 09:3110/15/17
Tychi said:

Oracle said:

I was thinking about going back to DAOC, but started on guild wars 2 instead
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.