New units

23 Replies
Limad
8 July, 2017, 6:51 PM UTC

It's not getting any views so I thought I'd share it here. 


https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/46540_new-units-might-soon-be-appearing-in-your-game-and-we-want-you-to-have-a-say-/?post=338900

Hola!
UTC -12:00
1
brunsonthomas
8 July, 2017, 7:22 PM UTC

I would like to see more different types of troops in Cavalry, Occult and Dragons. In Infantry there are four extra types of troops. Why can we not have the same for all the other types? The only thing would be to allow them to go to level 32.


I also put this in the Suggestion thread.


UTC +5:00
0
sison
8 July, 2017, 7:57 PM UTC
you ve got my congrats for what you did ,i will go comment there,,unfortunately although i see almost all sections of the forum i dont see news and annoucments section it is pity players lose the chance comment on a so important post
UTC +0:00
0
Jezebel
8 July, 2017, 9:07 PM UTC

here's my comment


https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/-news-and-announcements/46540_new-units-might-soon-be-appearing-in-your-game-and-we-want-you-to-have-a-say-/?post=339029

UTC +0:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
9 July, 2017, 5:45 AM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

I would like to see more different types of troops in Cavalry, Occult and Dragons. In Infantry there are four extra types of troops. Why can we not have the same for all the other types? The only thing would be to allow them to go to level 32.


I also put this in the Suggestion thread.


Yeah that would be 12 new unit types to upgrade lost arts for :/
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
Juglar del Viento
Moderator
9 July, 2017, 10:29 AM UTC

BiohazarD said:


brunsonthomas said:


I would like to see more different types of troops in Cavalry, Occult and Dragons. In Infantry there are four extra types of troops. Why can we not have the same for all the other types? The only thing would be to allow them to go to level 32.


I also put this in the Suggestion thread.


Yeah that would be 12 new unit types to upgrade lost arts for :/

12 new types to trade scrolls first or buy them with any type of resource

12 new types to upgrade them on new feature of troops xp and more medals needed

and what is worse...12 new types of troops to enter manually to my bg sheet just finished after a month work

please can be one of those types one troop needed to build a lot of resources to full the bank with a couple of them ????

LoL

Regards
Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
0
brunsonthomas
9 July, 2017, 2:40 PM UTC

How about a Maranian Amulet duplicator in a manufacturing plant? The higher the level the greater the percentage they add to your total. 

A Sapphire field Farmer who generates Sapphires from a sapphire field, up to 5 per castle.

A medal creator who manufactures medals from resources in a foundry.

A sketch maker who creates sketches in a breezy loft.


This would give new buildings for many other types of characters.



Including moat makers, bridge builders for the Moats, explosives manufacturers, explosive device installers, explosive ordinance disposal units, farm saboteurs, industrial espionage members, riot inciters, rocket makers, and the list can just keep growing.

UTC +5:00
1
BiohazarD
Moderator
9 July, 2017, 6:32 PM UTC
Juglar del Viento said:

BiohazarD said:


brunsonthomas said:


I would like to see more different types of troops in Cavalry, Occult and Dragons. In Infantry there are four extra types of troops. Why can we not have the same for all the other types? The only thing would be to allow them to go to level 32.


I also put this in the Suggestion thread.


Yeah that would be 12 new unit types to upgrade lost arts for :/

12 new types to trade scrolls first or buy them with any type of resource

12 new types to upgrade them on new feature of troops xp and more medals needed

and what is worse...12 new types of troops to enter manually to my bg sheet just finished after a month work

please can be one of those types one troop needed to build a lot of resources to full the bank with a couple of them ????

LoL

Regards
That would be nice, a troop that costs 50k resources and takes like 10 minutes to build :P
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
1
BiohazarD
Moderator
9 July, 2017, 6:33 PM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

How about a Maranian Amulet duplicator in a manufacturing plant? The higher the level the greater the percentage they add to your total. 

A Sapphire field Farmer who generates Sapphires from a sapphire field, up to 5 per castle.

A medal creator who manufactures medals from resources in a foundry.

A sketch maker who creates sketches in a breezy loft.


This would give new buildings for many other types of characters.



Including moat makers, bridge builders for the Moats, explosives manufacturers, explosive device installers, explosive ordinance disposal units, farm saboteurs, industrial espionage members, riot inciters, rocket makers, and the list can just keep growing.

I wouldn't mind them adding a building that produced sapphires.  
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
Gadheras
9 July, 2017, 8:14 PM UTC
BiohazarD said:

brunsonthomas said:

How about a Maranian Amulet duplicator in a manufacturing plant? The higher the level the greater the percentage they add to your total. 

A Sapphire field Farmer who generates Sapphires from a sapphire field, up to 5 per castle.

A medal creator who manufactures medals from resources in a foundry.

A sketch maker who creates sketches in a breezy loft.


This would give new buildings for many other types of characters.



Including moat makers, bridge builders for the Moats, explosives manufacturers, explosive device installers, explosive ordinance disposal units, farm saboteurs, industrial espionage members, riot inciters, rocket makers, and the list can just keep growing.

I wouldn't mind them adding a building that produced sapphires.  
I want flying hogs I can put dwarfs on and send into battle, but that wont happen either :p
UTC +2:00
0
nix
9 July, 2017, 8:54 PM UTC
and unicorns!
UTC +1:00
0
nobody
10 July, 2017, 11:15 PM UTC
brunsonthomas said:

How about a Maranian Amulet duplicator in a manufacturing plant? The higher the level the greater the percentage they add to your total. 

A Sapphire field Farmer who generates Sapphires from a sapphire field, up to 5 per castle.

A medal creator who manufactures medals from resources in a foundry.

A sketch maker who creates sketches in a breezy loft.


This would give new buildings for many other types of characters.



Including moat makers, bridge builders for the Moats, explosives manufacturers, explosive device installers, explosive ordinance disposal units, farm saboteurs, industrial espionage members, riot inciters, rocket makers, and the list can just keep growing.

now you're getting it.
UTC +0:00
0
Stiletto
10 July, 2017, 11:48 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


I want flying hogs I can put dwarfs on and send into battle, but that wont happen either :p

This game is full of flying pigs



UTC +8:00
1
IronApex Turok
11 July, 2017, 12:49 AM UTC

i just want a battle pit to fight our heros in 


and 


turn based PvP. 
UTC +0:00
0
nobody
11 July, 2017, 11:29 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:


i just want a battle pit to fight our heros in 


and 


turn based PvP. 

are you stating that you want the hero only in the turn based gameplay?  would matches then be set up by hero armor? since armor comes from bgs. bgs would determine who has the advantage of bonuses.

have you worked on what the variables would be in the contest?  what would be managed per turn?
UTC +0:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
12 July, 2017, 1:27 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

i just want a battle pit to fight our heros in 


and 


turn based PvP. 
Turn based pvp would be terrible, since most big battles involve more than 2 people's troops (often dozens or more when hitting a fortress or beacon).  Unless you mean a completely separate pvp arena where you could go to fight other people 1v1 or something like that.  
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
IronApex Turok
12 July, 2017, 8:16 AM UTC
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

i just want a battle pit to fight our heros in 


and 


turn based PvP. 
Turn based pvp would be terrible, since most big battles involve more than 2 people's troops (often dozens or more when hitting a fortress or beacon).  Unless you mean a completely separate pvp arena where you could go to fight other people 1v1 or something like that.  
Remember Lords Online from IGG games (now called Lords Mobile)?  they had turn based PvP and it worked perfect. they even had siege arts that destoryed walls and buildings. it gave you a reason to defend your castle. 
UTC +0:00
0
nobody
12 July, 2017, 5:00 PM UTC

BiohazarD said:


IronApex Turok said:


i just want a battle pit to fight our heros in 


and 


turn based PvP. 
Turn based pvp would be terrible, since most big battles involve more than 2 people's troops (often dozens or more when hitting a fortress or beacon).  Unless you mean a completely separate pvp arena where you could go to fight other people 1v1 or something like that.  

turok is talking about another piece of game content.  bgs has nothing to do with a specific strike on beacons or fortress and neither would a mini game within the game.  having a duel arena, one on one in a strategic turnbase match.  it would work on different variables and be a different part of the game.

it wouldn't have to be part of the normal engagements on the regular map.

edit:  if turok does want it during regular play, then yeah, he is giving to much credit to plarium development.
UTC +0:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
12 July, 2017, 6:36 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

i just want a battle pit to fight our heros in 


and 


turn based PvP. 
Turn based pvp would be terrible, since most big battles involve more than 2 people's troops (often dozens or more when hitting a fortress or beacon).  Unless you mean a completely separate pvp arena where you could go to fight other people 1v1 or something like that.  
Remember Lords Online from IGG games (now called Lords Mobile)?  they had turn based PvP and it worked perfect. they even had siege arts that destoryed walls and buildings. it gave you a reason to defend your castle. 
I suppose they could do something like that.  They'd have to get rid of fireballs to make it work though, otherwise nobody would ever have a decent castle since you could just fireball them into nothing.  
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
IronApex Turok
13 July, 2017, 8:24 AM UTC

it was Lords Online by IGG games. they got rid of the browser based version and is mobile only, i quit playing then and never tried the mobile, but turn based PvP is there.

basically there is a big grid. your offense is on one side, and a castle wall is on the other. the defender moves first and sends units onto the grid to defend the wall, i.e. 300 calvary to the left side, 300 beastiary to defend the gate.

the offense gets to move say 300 paladins towards the center.

on defense turn they can move troops to counter act the incoming 300 paladins.

if the offense makes it to the wall they begin inflicting castle damage on each turn until the defender moves units to kill them.

You could essentially send enough attacks at a castle to knock all the buildings down to 0 and the defender would have to build all over again.

of course, build times are sped up and cost is greatly reduced.

but if makes you play defense rather than sit in the catacombs.

UTC +0:00
0
1782206 users registered; 48478 topics; 287759 posts; our newest member:zhoum150