This topic is closed

Game latency

7 Replies
jims
6 July, 2017, 4:57 PM UTC

I've been playing this game for around a year now, and have noticed significant latency (lag) in several functions. Usually I pay little "mind" to such issues, but, when they get out of hand, and there doesn't seem to be any serious attempt to correct the issue, I feel compelled to say something.


Your system is in very serious need of a good old fashioned "optimizing" in that you seriously need to analyze your source code and find those areas where you might improve the normal flow of data within your app.


This latency can be seen in the inappropriate long times to select troops to be built, and actually get to start building, it may be seen in the "notification" that "The plarium server is not responding".

Much of the "affects" I've seen would seem to indicate that your server is not adequate to the tsk; i.e. too many users, not enough server. You might benefit my increasing the size of your cluster ... you do have a cluster, right?


In any case I and I'm sure most other players would appreciate you actually spending some time on this issue...before the game is completely in-playable.



UTC +5:00
2
Jezebel
6 July, 2017, 6:16 PM UTC

jims said:


I've been playing this game for around a year now, and have noticed significant latency (lag) in several functions. Usually I pay little "mind" to such issues, but, when they get out of hand, and there doesn't seem to be any serious attempt to correct the issue, I feel compelled to say something.




















Your system is in very serious need of a good old fashioned "optimizing" in that you seriously need to analyze your source code and find those areas where you might improve the normal flow of data within your app.

















This latency can be seen in the inappropriate long times to select troops to be built, and actually get to start building, it may be seen in the "notification" that "The plarium server is not responding".


Much of the "affects" I've seen would seem to indicate that your server is not adequate to the tsk; i.e. too many users, not enough server. You might benefit my increasing the size of your cluster ... you do have a cluster, right?






In any case I and I'm sure most other players would appreciate you actually spending some time on this issue...before the game is completely in-playable.















agree some days are better than others - the other night i had to refresh every time i performed an action in the game


that being said I will not use my troops when the game is behaving that way and its been happening more often than not lately


having to deal with this makes the game a chore - not an enjoyable past time where you can spend some time socializing with your league and keeping things active
UTC +0:00
1
ANBU Danzo Shimura
6 July, 2017, 10:59 PM UTC

I think they already are working on a solution like everything else wrong with the game and some of their fixes are just to set up the intial fix which i assume is expensive and will take a lot of time. I think there's enough proof to make this be one of those get worse to get better type of situation.

I could be wrong but with my experience with games and watching games grow and reading bug reports fixes and complaints in other games it should al be trying to sort out.

I'm sure there is reason they can't tell us a lot since it could back fire with people jumping to conclusions and expecting the fixes to happen much sooner.

I to don't touch my army when the i notice lag. I've been through a few computers paying this game so i have noticed a lot and expect the worse to happen every time i touch my army.

If i feel the lag someone with less to lose and bigger army might also and if they some how know i lag or a mass amount of players do they can have a advantage i wouldn't dare try to over come with skill or technique.


There was a time when it was all good back when there was a lot less castles and less beacons i think all the armies moving around and there being more active payers than in 2014 is wearing down there system they're already flooding with new features to the game which like i said speghetti coding means new code to a old complex code could be impossible to fix without tossing out the old code and writing a new one that will support the new fixes and new features they're adding to the game to cause less lag. 

I have been planning for if they don't fix anything by training my league to behave in a certain way if i get them far enough through training without bugs being a issue so their time and armies that they put into the game will be at less risk from bugs and a greater opponent.  I probably do under report bugs from being busy. there's no excuse for that, it's simple negligence.


The Darkness of the Shinobi
UTC +0:00
0
brunsonthomas
6 July, 2017, 11:21 PM UTC
Are you sure the problem is with Plarium or is it the Internet? Can you measure the latency from your local server?
UTC +5:00
0
jims
7 July, 2017, 1:31 AM UTC

brunsonthomas said:


Are you sure the problem is with Plarium or is it the Internet? Can you measure the latency from your local server?

Actually, YES, I am quite sure.


I'm a retired software engineer, and have a very great deal of experience (45+ years) working with network based software. I've observed behaviors in the game that are very inconsistent with acceptable software standards.. Such as "server round-trips" while data is being entered resulting in 10's of seconds of latency.


UTC +5:00
2
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
10 July, 2017, 2:50 PM UTC

Hello :)

Several months ago we experienced a massive issue with lags. Our devs tried several ways to get this issue fixed, and after several updates, the amount of complaints on lags decreased significantly.

Unfortunately, some players still can face this issue, and it should be checked by our Support Team on the case by case basis.

So, please create a .har file and send it to our Support team. Please note that .har file should be made in the moment you're experiencing this issue: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Community Manager
UTC +2:00
0
jims
10 July, 2017, 4:16 PM UTC

Alina Phenix said:


Hello :)

Several months ago we experienced a massive issue with lags. Our devs tried several ways to get this issue fixed, and after several updates, the amount of complaints on lags decreased significantly.

Unfortunately, some players still can face this issue, and it should be checked by our Support Team on the case by case basis.

So, please create a .har file and send it to our Support team. Please note that .har file should be made in the moment you're experiencing this issue: https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hahahahaha...

That is really all I could do when I read your response...LAUGH!

Firstly; WTF is a ".har" file. That is NOT a widely used extension, in fact I've never seen it before...in 45+ years of software engineering.

This is not an issue that is faced by some players...it is experienced by everyone. Some don't develop an issue with it, while others (like me) do. What you need to understand is that if you are very lucky, maybe 10% of your users will ever say anything at all...Fact of human nature.

Now then this issue is a result of the architecture of the game itself.  The root of the issue is the notification system that your "devs" built into the game...it is slow, cumbersome, and truly needs to be redesigned. And speaking of design; y'all would benefit greatly IF you actually had an architect overseeing your product. As opposed to a group of relatively inexperienced programmer wannabes.

Now...before anyone asks if I could do better; the answer is yes absolutely...that notification system could easily be "fixed" in less than a week, by one thinking engineer. And here is a quick "fix" for y'all...reduce the number of "postbacks" (round trips to the server).

Oh...I'm sorry, here is an important bit of information; this only affects the browser versions. I personally would like to run an actual app, but such a bit of programming doesn't appear to exist in any workable form. The stuff I downloaded for may tablet won't access the same data as my PC/Browser version...so its not possible to play the game on anything but my PC...something else y'all need to fix.



UTC +5:00
2
Alina Phoenix
Community Manager
11 July, 2017, 8:10 AM UTC

Hello.

Information regarding a .har file can be checked in this article.

Also, our devs are working on improving the game engine. 

It's a big global task, in some ways we seem to rewrite the game anew.

As for the Plarium App, we have it in Beta version for now, and our devs're working on it.

Community Manager
UTC +2:00
0
1758304 users registered; 46015 topics; 280065 posts; our newest member:igoros79