Age to play stormfall

38 Replies
sison
15 June, 2017, 10:59 PM UTC
nobody said:

i disagree that they leave because of patience, i believe they leave because of lack of true content.  i am in another game in this genre where the marshall and half the deputies are 17.  the game has much more content.  and they play without spending rl money.  it took the marshal a year to reach the highest level.  that is a certain amount of patience and dedication.  i believe content, achieving goals through the actual gameplay is the difference.
i can accept your opinion obviously you have more experience of online games than me :)
UTC +0:00
sison
15 June, 2017, 11:01 PM UTC
nobody said:



the funnest players to hear on xbox live are 9/10 years old, whether they are winning or losing, they are hilarious. 
kids always is funny about the way they react i enjoy  to play with them if that happend
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
15 June, 2017, 11:05 PM UTC
sison said:

nobody said:



the funnest players to hear on xbox live are 9/10 years old, whether they are winning or losing, they are hilarious. 
kids always is funny about the way they react i enjoy  to play with them if that happend
I've played video games with young children before, it's usually just annoying. 
UTC +0:00
nobody
16 June, 2017, 3:50 AM UTC

BiohazarD said:


sison said:


nobody said:




the funnest players to hear on xbox live are 9/10 years old, whether they are winning or losing, they are hilarious. 
kids always is funny about the way they react i enjoy  to play with them if that happend
I've played video games with young children before, it's usually just annoying. 

and by annoying you mean hilarious.  you don't always want to coordinate with them on your team, some are actually savvy tho, but i don't take it serious,  sometimes i remember the high pitched sqeaky voices out of nowhere and laugh.

kids are annoying, adults are annoying, kids make me laugh, adults make me want a face to face with them.  but i am a monkey.
UTC +0:00
Jezebel
16 June, 2017, 4:06 AM UTC

It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)
UTC +0:00
DrFondles
Moderator
16 June, 2017, 4:37 AM UTC
sison said:

i have nt seen players younger than 13 in the game although in the past i had teenage teamates but not many.

it seems that teenagers dont  prefer that game,or they leave easy cause here is a place you need patience so few young people stay


by the way oracle nice info did nt know it ,it is a good chance we the rest players learn some more things :)

I was only 17 when I started this game.... And yes patience, didn't have a lot of at the time.. lol
Josh/Synergy S3
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
16 June, 2017, 8:33 AM UTC

nobody said:


sison said:


i have nt seen players younger than 13 in the game although in the past i had teenage teamates but not many.

it seems that teenagers dont  prefer that game,or they leave easy cause here is a place you need patience so few young people stay


by the way oracle nice info did nt know it ,it is a good chance we the rest players learn some more things :)

i disagree that they leave because of patience, i believe they leave because of lack of true content.  i am in another game in this genre where the marshall and half the deputies are 17.  the game has much more content.  and they play without spending rl money.  it took the marshal a year to reach the highest level.  that is a certain amount of patience and dedication.  i believe content, achieving goals through the actual gameplay is the difference.

In terms of progress and such this game is more aimed at retired people than young ones, that for sure. You have to look at what other games aimed at younger players you compete vs, and Stormfall fall short. And items and things that very much walled in pay options is not content. The best "pay optiobns" in games, is the option to pay to skip (progress faster, level faster etc), not pay for items and certainly not enpowering items and options. 


Imho, young players is highly competive, and Stormfall is not the right arena for that.  Stormfall is more like BINGO with no real ways to win anything.
UTC +2:00
Gadheras
16 June, 2017, 8:41 AM UTC

Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 
UTC +2:00
Alina Bright
Community Manager
16 June, 2017, 3:38 PM UTC
sison said:

Eugenia Misura said:


You can't be too old for Stormfall, but you should be older that 13. Rules are quite simple 

i had teamates close to 65 years old ,in my previous team two mans was 62 and 60,nice experience to be with them and of course its not ussual,

so it seems you cant be too old but many different ages have been here,ussualy middle age or young people,but for me was so good to meet so many older people than me in a game, i never expected something like that :)
That's awesome :) 
UTC +2:00
djmoody
16 June, 2017, 4:24 PM UTC

sison said:


djmoody said:


sison said:


well it is as oracle said


family disputes arent handled by the support team, be serious guys if you have problem in your family you should solve it eatch other ,asking from plarium to check if he is your son and solve your family problems is hilarious


 that it your resposibility buddy if you are the father, and keep in mind that you have to teach your son(if he is your son) not punish him,if you punish him or ban him he will do in the future other things which harm him you have the duty to teach him not punish him


if punish is your method then you are on the wrong way ,your kid wont findhimself

So out of interest what is the point of having a 13 yr old rule? I am guessing there was a good reason for setting up the rule in the first place? Or is it just pointless window dressing.


i did nt say it is pointless i just said that since it is family problem family should take the responsibility,did nt say something about age i dont care personally if a guy is 9 years old or anything else

I think I challenged your opinion by saying surely Plarium themselves as having a responsibility, otherwise they wouldn't have the rule. In which case even Plarium don't see it as the parents sole responsibility but a shared one. 

I was being lazy and simply played devil's advocate... :)

I am not actually sure what I think an age cut off should be or even if there should be one.

On the one side there is nothing inherent about the game which means it is age inappropriate for any level.

On the flip side though in practice/reality:

- It's mainly played by adults

- partly as a result there are some very aggressive and uneducated people that play the game and write some messages that would be totally unacceptable for a child to receive (that isn't Plarium's faults but it is a real problem)

- the game is utterly cynical pay to win, children under a certain age are simply not equipped to take part in the physiological warfare that is involved in playing a micro-transactions game like this where you need an incredible amount of maturity and self control not to be dragged into spending massive amount of money (lets face it, even most of the adults look back and rue the amount they have spent).

- the game has embedded gambling in the form of the prize draws

13 is a good a cut-off as any. An argument could be put forward for 16 due to the money side of things. I honestly wouldn't expect a commercial organisation to choose to self regulate and cut-off at 16, no matter how good the moral argument - companies at this moment in time just don't operate on moral levels - expecting Plarium to be the exception is not being particularly realistic.

Parent's can't be solely responsible. You can't control everything your kids do, anywhere they might be. Equally the companies can't have perfect controls either (people will always try and get around whatever is put in place). In a responsible society it would be a mix of both. Companies do have some responsibility for what happens on their servers and in their games.

Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
sison
16 June, 2017, 4:45 PM UTC

djmoody said:



I think I challenged your opinion by saying surely Plarium themselves as having a responsibility, otherwise they wouldn't have the rule. In which case even Plarium don't see it as the parents sole responsibility but a shared one. 

I was being lazy and simply played devil's advocate... :)

I am not actually sure what I think an age cut off should be or even if there should be one.

On the one side there is nothing inherent about the game which means it is age inappropriate for any level.

On the flip side though in practice/reality:

- It's mainly played by adults

- partly as a result there are some very aggressive and uneducated people that play the game and write some messages that would be totally unacceptable for a child to receive (that isn't Plarium's faults but it is a real problem)

- the game is utterly cynical pay to win, children under a certain age are simply not equipped to take part in the physiological warfare that is involved in playing a micro-transactions game like this where you need an incredible amount of maturity and self control not to be dragged into spending massive amount of money (lets face it, even most of the adults look back and rue the amount they have spent).

- the game has embedded gambling in the form of the prize draws

13 is a good a cut-off as any. An argument could be put forward for 16 due to the money side of things. I honestly wouldn't expect a commercial organisation to choose to self regulate and cut-off at 16, no matter how good the moral argument - companies at this moment in time just don't operate on moral levels - expecting Plarium to be the exception is not being particularly realistic.

Parent's can't be solely responsible. You can't control everything your kids do, anywhere they might be. Equally the companies can't have perfect controls either (people will always try and get around whatever is put in place). In a responsible society it would be a mix of both. Companies do have some responsibility for what happens on their servers and in their games.

hello dj  i agree with you in my opinion its not a place for young kids and the reasons you gave is the main reasons

,it is obvious that it's nt a good place,its not improper but it's not the right one for a very young kid,the only sure is a very young kid will leave soon it is clear,soon or later will leave since it is is nt desinged for them


thats the reason most people here is adults


thanks buddy

UTC +0:00
nobody
16 June, 2017, 7:50 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


nobody said:


sison said:


i have nt seen players younger than 13 in the game although in the past i had teenage teamates but not many.

it seems that teenagers dont  prefer that game,or they leave easy cause here is a place you need patience so few young people stay


by the way oracle nice info did nt know it ,it is a good chance we the rest players learn some more things :)

i disagree that they leave because of patience, i believe they leave because of lack of true content.  i am in another game in this genre where the marshall and half the deputies are 17.  the game has much more content.  and they play without spending rl money.  it took the marshal a year to reach the highest level.  that is a certain amount of patience and dedication.  i believe content, achieving goals through the actual gameplay is the difference.

In terms of progress and such this game is more aimed at retired people than young ones, that for sure. You have to look at what other games aimed at younger players you compete vs, and Stormfall fall short. And items and things that very much walled in pay options is not content. The best "pay optiobns" in games, is the option to pay to skip (progress faster, level faster etc), not pay for items and certainly not enpowering items and options. 


Imho, young players is highly competive, and Stormfall is not the right arena for that.  Stormfall is more like BINGO with no real ways to win anything.

i have thought that many players in this game are elderly, who are spending their kids inheritance,  so that "those brats won't get a dime of my money".  maybe some just pass the time.  playing medieval bingo.

funny thing, a 17 year old in another game said that 2 of his best friends in the game are both over 70.
UTC +0:00
nobody
16 June, 2017, 8:21 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 

hear i agree more with jezebel.  it has been said that it takes a village to rise a child.  i look at it as input into the emergent structure, every decision is a cause that brings about an effect.  this effect goes beyond the inner circle of influence to the entire human structure.  i consider this a responsibility regardless of what other influences may be applied by others.  " the 6 year olds hear worse than that in school"  is a favorite argument.  and 6 year olds can cus like a sailor.

in other games i have had guilds that were all inclusive, which included young teens, skillers, casual players, no lifers, pvmers and pvpers,  i requested that language be kept to pg 13,  that is difficult for some players to do, but when visiting other guilds,  there were posts by supposed adults that are sexual innuendos to supposed minors.  and no one thinks twice.

some guilds make a rule that you must be at least 18 to join, then they are free to talk as they please.  or free from those annoying kids.  eventually the hardcore pvm and pvp join hardcore pvm and pvp guilds.  the casual all inclusiveness is not enough to keep them, eventually they leave.

i have had some posts where i was making a point that i figured would get censored, and oddly they weren't censored to the extent that i would have if i were a mod.

so it is tricky for everyone to be who they want to be within the emergent structure,  and a reason why groups combine with those who they "click" with.  i see both sides, but to error, i think it best to error on the behalf of the child.  and by that i mean sheltered.
UTC +0:00
Jezebel
17 June, 2017, 6:16 AM UTC

Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 

It's called courtesy - i don't care how people choose to express themselves in chat and I don't sensor them, I trust my members are adults that would refrain from inappropriate comments if they were aware that there was a "youngster" present - no it's not up to me to babysit other people's children but I was a working mother and could not always be present to monitor my son's gaming and interaction with other gamers


I also apologize to adults if I let a cuss word slip out during a conversation

UTC +0:00
Gadheras
17 June, 2017, 7:04 AM UTC
Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 

It's called courtesy - i don't care how people choose to express themselves in chat and I don't sensor them, I trust my members are adults that would refrain from inappropriate comments if they were aware that there was a "youngster" present - no it's not up to me to babysit other people's children but I was a working mother and could not always be present to monitor my son's gaming and interaction with other gamers


I also apologize to adults if I let a cuss word slip out during a conversation

Its not just about cuss words, its about mature and grown up topics as well. When I want to relax after a day of work and rl stuff, I got no particular need to have to sit restrain myself and pick what I say and how I say things. 
UTC +2:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
17 June, 2017, 7:45 PM UTC

Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 

It's called courtesy - i don't care how people choose to express themselves in chat and I don't sensor them, I trust my members are adults that would refrain from inappropriate comments if they were aware that there was a "youngster" present - no it's not up to me to babysit other people's children but I was a working mother and could not always be present to monitor my son's gaming and interaction with other gamers


I also apologize to adults if I let a cuss word slip out during a conversation

Its not just about cuss words, its about mature and grown up topics as well. When I want to relax after a day of work and rl stuff, I got no particular need to have to sit restrain myself and pick what I say and how I say things. 

Lol "mature tactics".  I've seen plenty of adults who can't even figure out that you're not supposed to attack with defense units.

But there are rules against cursing and foul language on the forum, so please keep it clean.  Not for the children, but for me :)
UTC +0:00
Gadheras
18 June, 2017, 12:07 AM UTC
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 

It's called courtesy - i don't care how people choose to express themselves in chat and I don't sensor them, I trust my members are adults that would refrain from inappropriate comments if they were aware that there was a "youngster" present - no it's not up to me to babysit other people's children but I was a working mother and could not always be present to monitor my son's gaming and interaction with other gamers


I also apologize to adults if I let a cuss word slip out during a conversation

Its not just about cuss words, its about mature and grown up topics as well. When I want to relax after a day of work and rl stuff, I got no particular need to have to sit restrain myself and pick what I say and how I say things. 

Lol "mature tactics".  I've seen plenty of adults who can't even figure out that you're not supposed to attack with defense units.

But there are rules against cursing and foul language on the forum, so please keep it clean.  Not for the children, but for me :)
"MATURE TOPICS". you know GROWN UP MATTERS. How the fk did you read TOPICS as TACTICS?
UTC +2:00
Oracle
18 June, 2017, 7:41 AM UTC

Ahem watch your sk.. ah watch your ton... I mean watch your words

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
18 June, 2017, 9:53 AM UTC
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


Gadheras said:


Jezebel said:


It's a game - I really don't care how old someone is BUT as a Marshal I would like to be made aware if someone is younger than 16


just to ensure that league chats etc are kept age appropriate for any "youngsters" out there :)

Why? That is not your responsiblity, That is the parrents responsibily and what they want to expose their kids for. If I'm in a league of like 50 people above the age of 30, and suddenly some younger than 16 joins. I wouldn't moderate myself from the usual day to day chat. 


I recall once in another game I played (and still do). We was sitting on teamspeak shooting the shit. Suddenly some annoying cringy woman voice interrupted and told us how awfull being we was to talk such with her child around. She was promtly told off how awfull parrent she was for allowing her "CHILD" to play the game he was. It was not like it was just guys on teamspeak at the time, there was wimen in the guild as well (and they can be just as rowdy if they want too). 


If you want to run a daycare center, please do, but having your members have to thread on pillows lead to no good what so ever in the long run. 

It's called courtesy - i don't care how people choose to express themselves in chat and I don't sensor them, I trust my members are adults that would refrain from inappropriate comments if they were aware that there was a "youngster" present - no it's not up to me to babysit other people's children but I was a working mother and could not always be present to monitor my son's gaming and interaction with other gamers


I also apologize to adults if I let a cuss word slip out during a conversation

Its not just about cuss words, its about mature and grown up topics as well. When I want to relax after a day of work and rl stuff, I got no particular need to have to sit restrain myself and pick what I say and how I say things. 

Lol "mature tactics".  I've seen plenty of adults who can't even figure out that you're not supposed to attack with defense units.

But there are rules against cursing and foul language on the forum, so please keep it clean.  Not for the children, but for me :)
"MATURE TOPICS". you know GROWN UP MATTERS. How the fk did you read TOPICS as TACTICS?
Hmm I have no idea.  I guess I shouldn't browse the forums late at night :0
UTC +0:00
1662203 users registered; 33542 topics; 252708 posts; our newest member:Trose