Should players change their tactics in bgs after all that bonus came up ?

39 Replies
sison
12 June, 2017, 1:44 PM UTC

i am realy wondering how it effects  bgs the bonus our units receive from relics, hero items and all that "bonus".



obviously the resource base doesnt change you just have to change the way you count because the same amount of resources give more power


i am not sure if i am right i would like to hear some opinions


 
UTC +0:00
Oracle
12 June, 2017, 1:52 PM UTC

Most advice I have received from players in the top ranking is to use/activate the maximum bonus defense/offence enhancers all the time when doing BG. And Plarium also advised the same. 

The split reward system means that you will go a long time without receiving a pay out at times, or will receive one immediately. So you must make sure that you preserve all your units, and are able to battle as many BG as possible per BG sitting.

If you track your bank correctly, and depending on which method you use, you will not face problems with regards to your units being stronger. 

Check players in top BG ranking during BG tournament, most have paragon active, and their hero at max as possible.  So follow the learders ways

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
sison
12 June, 2017, 2:03 PM UTC

thats an opinion oracle thanks :)



the only problem  is some of them coin so even if they lose a huge amount of troop they coin and take back what they lose and thats how they take high rank positions so i avoid to see that category of player,it s not the ideal example coiners.


it seems you can have benefits from bonuses only if you know how bgs work without bonuses(if you can track your banking in the right way ),if you play bgs in a random way then bonuses become a "random" bonus .


well anyway oracle thanks :)


UTC +0:00
TITAN
12 June, 2017, 7:01 PM UTC

What is this so called split reward?

Fact or fiction from the master of confusion
UTC +0:00
brunsonthomas
Moderator
12 June, 2017, 7:26 PM UTC

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-tutorials/10777_banking-battlegrounds/?post=56302


This explains better how the BGs work. There are many systems that work for some people most of the time. I have not yet found one that works consistently for me. However there are good BG calculators that work. I just run out of troops before I get a worthwhile payment. Ask the people in your league that do well to see if they have recommendations for you.

UTC +5:00
djmoody
12 June, 2017, 9:12 PM UTC

The higher the bonuses the more BG's you can kill with less troops. This can be very useful at times. For example, getting the most points for the least number of BG's in a tournament.

Is it going to make your payouts better. No. 

Payouts are based on resource banked. The resource value of troops is constant and independent of troop power or bonuses. You aren't going to stack up more bank and therefore get more payout in the long run for killing BG's more efficiently with less troops.

In summary, if you have loads of bonuses to spare using them can't hurt much. If your bonuses are very limited, don't feel like you have to use them when doing BG's.

One final point, if you do track resource loading and you want to micro-control loading to drive payouts, you can add boosts to lower loading on your target BG so as not to overload, or to minimise overloading e.g. you are 50m from loading for your target BG level but the troop match up is all Maranon vs your army of dragons and you will load 80m to kill the BG. You can use boosts to load less than 80m.
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
sison
12 June, 2017, 9:51 PM UTC

brunshothomas : thanks for your response i have already read that text,yea over there juglar did a good try to give an idea to the new players about bgs function it was the first text i read about bgs and it was good to take an idea, you always help and try to help thank you buddy for anything in the forume :))


djmoody:yes thats how i think it works,thats the logical explanation i think, you can use boosts only if you want to take advantage of the extra force if you already know that banking is enough or if you want to minimize your losts,but resource base is always same thats my sense also



thanks guys all, you realy make me happy with your help,good day :)
UTC +0:00
DrFondles
Moderator
13 June, 2017, 7:09 AM UTC
I know I am still a "Noob" Bger compared to some of you guys on server 1 or 2. But Resource count is the best way to expect a bank payout. The bonus's that are activate will help you kill battlegrounds with less troops. But making sure to use your troops (Resources) before you go for a higher level battleground is important, to maximize your payout..... But I am humble, and I shall keep killing battlegrounds  Good luck to all in exp tourney.... I know a  large amount of us are going the bg route to gain exp.....
Josh/Synergy S3
UTC +0:00
Oracle
13 June, 2017, 11:16 AM UTC

TITAN said:


What is this so called split reward?

Fact or fiction from the master of confusion

Split reward is the current system of pay out. Unlike the older version which gave maximum payout when the bank was full, split reward give min payout across many regardless of weather the BG bank is full or not. 

These is a god think, if you have bonuses active, like 50% enhancer it means that with split reward you might make a little profit from BG, untill your bank fills and you receive a pay ot. it also minimizes the chances of you running out of troops. 

But as DJ explained

It will delay your pay out, as your troops will be more powerful, and you will need more troops to bank  

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Oracle
13 June, 2017, 11:17 AM UTC
djmoody said:


One final point, if you do track resource loading and you want to micro-control loading to drive payouts, you can add boosts to lower loading on your target BG so as not to overload, or to minimise overloading e.g. you are 50m from loading for your target BG level but the troop match up is all Maranon vs your army of dragons and you will load 80m to kill the BG. You can use boosts to load less than 80m.
I don't understand these part, can you give an example. 
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
sison
13 June, 2017, 12:04 PM UTC

Oracle said:


I don't understand these part, can you give an example.

hello oracle


he means that you can use the extra power boosts give you to clear a bg faster since you know your bank is ready,so you will spend less troop thus you use less recourse to reach the bank   :)


UTC +0:00
Jezebel
13 June, 2017, 3:57 PM UTC

Oracle said:


TITAN said:


What is this so called split reward?

Fact or fiction from the master of confusion

Split reward is the current system of pay out. Unlike the older version which gave maximum payout when the bank was full, split reward give min payout across many regardless of weather the BG bank is full or not. 

These is a god think, if you have bonuses active, like 50% enhancer it means that with split reward you might make a little profit from BG, untill your bank fills and you receive a pay ot. it also minimizes the chances of you running out of troops. 

But as DJ explained

It will delay your pay out, as your troops will be more powerful, and you will need more troops to bank  

i have never heard "split reward" explained like this 


the only "split reward" that I have ever made reference to is when you get both offense and defense troops in your reward from a particular bg which can work or be detrimental depending on how you are proceeding with your bg's 
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
13 June, 2017, 6:33 PM UTC
Jezebel said:

Oracle said:


TITAN said:


What is this so called split reward?

Fact or fiction from the master of confusion

Split reward is the current system of pay out. Unlike the older version which gave maximum payout when the bank was full, split reward give min payout across many regardless of weather the BG bank is full or not. 

These is a god think, if you have bonuses active, like 50% enhancer it means that with split reward you might make a little profit from BG, untill your bank fills and you receive a pay ot. it also minimizes the chances of you running out of troops. 

But as DJ explained

It will delay your pay out, as your troops will be more powerful, and you will need more troops to bank  

i have never heard "split reward" explained like this 


the only "split reward" that I have ever made reference to is when you get both offense and defense troops in your reward from a particular bg which can work or be detrimental depending on how you are proceeding with your bg's 
I think he's talking about when you get a partial payout because you didn't have quite enough loaded in the bank for it to give a full payout.  I've never seen anyone use this to make a profit, I believe the partial payouts affect the bank the same way as a regular payout. 
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
13 June, 2017, 6:35 PM UTC
sison said:

i am realy wondering how it effects  bgs the bonus our units receive from relics, hero items and all that "bonus".



obviously the resource base doesnt change you just have to change the way you count because the same amount of resources give more power


i am not sure if i am right i would like to hear some opinions


 
The extra bonuses just mean you'll be able to kill more bgs with the same amount of troops.  So you'll have to kill more bgs before you've loaded enough for a payout but each bg costs less, so in the end it comes out the same.  Unless you're doing a ton of bgs to farm tournament points or hero items, it's usually a waste to activate all your boosts to do bgs. 
UTC +0:00
BiohazarD
Moderator
13 June, 2017, 6:38 PM UTC
Oracle said:

Most advice I have received from players in the top ranking is to use/activate the maximum bonus defense/offence enhancers all the time when doing BG. And Plarium also advised the same. 

The split reward system means that you will go a long time without receiving a pay out at times, or will receive one immediately. So you must make sure that you preserve all your units, and are able to battle as many BG as possible per BG sitting.

If you track your bank correctly, and depending on which method you use, you will not face problems with regards to your units being stronger. 

Check players in top BG ranking during BG tournament, most have paragon active, and their hero at max as possible.  So follow the learders ways

Most of them are also coiners though, who just always run boosts whenever they do anything and are doing a ton of bgs without even thinking about whether it costs them more than they gain from it. 
UTC +0:00
Oracle
14 June, 2017, 9:43 AM UTC

Jezebel said:

i have never heard "split reward" explained like this 


the only "split reward" that I have ever made reference to is when you get both offense and defense troops in your reward from a particular bg which can work or be detrimental depending on how you are proceeding with your bg's 

Don't all BG reward come in offense+defense 

http://stormfall.playtamin.com/infestations.html

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Oracle
14 June, 2017, 9:45 AM UTC
sison said:

Oracle said:


I don't understand these part, can you give an example.

hello oracle


he means that you can use the extra power boosts give you to clear a bg faster since you know your bank is ready,so you will spend less troop thus you use less recourse to reach the bank   :)


Thanks for the explanation mate. Really appreciated 
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Juglar del Viento
Moderator
14 June, 2017, 10:00 AM UTC

djmoody said:


The higher the bonuses the more BG's you can kill with less troops. This can be very useful at times. For example, getting the most points for the least number of BG's in a tournament.

Is it going to make your payouts better. No. 

Payouts are based on resource banked. The resource value of troops is constant and independent of troop power or bonuses. You aren't going to stack up more bank and therefore get more payout in the long run for killing BG's more efficiently with less troops.

In summary, if you have loads of bonuses to spare using them can't hurt much. If your bonuses are very limited, don't feel like you have to use them when doing BG's.

One final point, if you do track resource loading and you want to micro-control loading to drive payouts, you can add boosts to lower loading on your target BG so as not to overload, or to minimise overloading e.g. you are 50m from loading for your target BG level but the troop match up is all Maranon vs your army of dragons and you will load 80m to kill the BG. You can use boosts to load less than 80m.

Im according with dj. if the point is full the bank with resources...then what sense has using boost to kill more balur troops with less looses on my side ?? i need to load the bank as soon as possible. it is the same as sending the proper troops to bgs to have less looses. i think i have talked this before with some of u in other channel.

unless.....may be power points we killed are involved on getting the payout ??? .. still dont know but i have to give the reason to oracle that some pro bgs players on FB says to u have to set all u can to max to go on bgs with the max defff or off power possible


What is this so called split reward?

as far i know split rewards was an old method used about 2 or more years ago when the bgs only gave payouts when ur bank was ready. it used to be used killing the runes bgs till one gave reward (arround 25-35%) and then u knew ur bank was ready then u hit another high bg and the remaining reward was payed..

u got more or less the same as a big payout (sometimes even more) and u only had to return the last payout (usually less than if the bg payed the 100%).

you also could force to get a split reward in 2 non rune bgs and get the same big payout as if u hit one bg but with the advantage to return less amount to get the next bigpayout.


i have the doc i read somewhere over my pendrives collection but if u are interested in how this used to work i can look for it and paste here how it was. PS: as far i know this no works since every bg has its little payout.

Regards




Resistance Is Futile
UTC +1:00
OCTAVIAN
14 June, 2017, 4:08 PM UTC

Oracle said:


Jezebel said:

i have never heard "split reward" explained like this 


the only "split reward" that I have ever made reference to is when you get both offense and defense troops in your reward from a particular bg which can work or be detrimental depending on how you are proceeding with your bg's 

Don't all BG reward come in offense+defense 

http://stormfall.playtamin.com/infestations.html

Realy Oracle?  Can  you refrain to make a post if have no valuable info about the subject? Is so hard to not say anything , if you dont have a good info about that subject? Pls, try to post only when you know what you talking about.If do that, then other players will not say again about you that you are the bigest troll in the forum, and also will not confuse players that are new in game and read your post. Please , just try it, and see if you can do it. Will be an intresting exercise for you to.

And btw, do you have info about BG , newest then 2 years ago ? 


edit : Last quetion is a rhetorical one! 
UTC +3:00
Oracle
15 June, 2017, 9:51 AM UTC

OCTAVIAN said:

And btw, do you have info about BG , newest then 2 years ago ? 


edit : Last quetion is a rhetorical one! 

Yes, I got a very special way of doing BG which I got from a player recently. But won't be sharing as it gives me a competitive advantage. It works like a charm, 110% pay out guaranteed.

My best pompous  answer. 

google is your BF mate. 
Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
1660317 users registered; 33556 topics; 252320 posts; our newest member:rong57