bgs 'payouts changed overnight?

bgs 'payouts changed overnight?

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 8, 2017, 15:4306/08/17
10/31/14

DraK said:

BGs have some serious issues. added a lot more than just interest and guess what, got out empty handed. same thing happens to league mate today. And i might say im no expert on BGs but i do very good math, and mate is expert on BGs and got the same result as i did. Bgs have issue. and there should be clear and visible pot in eagles nest so people can actually see whats going on insted of having spreadsheets with calculators installed. So if Plarium has enough resources to develop more and more things for the game its unbelievable that they don't have resources to build a small ( big ) help for players that enjoy doing BGs. So please Plarium do a miracle and create some kind of tool for players that spend money and time on this nice game. 

As it goes for proofs and so on, well you lads have all data needed to check some of accounts that are reporting big loses. Sit down, take your precious 10-15min and run the numbers. Don't just leave message you did something wrong, BGs are working perfectly.

That is a good suggestion. Why don't you expand your suggestion and put it into the suggestion thread. Plarium is always willing to help its players as much as it can and will consider every suggestion players have. or support some from players. 

Plarium is also willing to provide resources to support production of tools that will help its players outside the game. So if you have an idea, Contact plarium and put it into the suggestion thread.

Jun 8, 2017, 15:5506/08/17
10/31/14

roadstar Pitbull said: 

Quote #1...The bank can be messed, infinately, when BG are not played correctly. 

Quote#2....The mystery is, which way is the correct way, and which way is not.

Quote#3....I can come to conclusion that, those complaining are playing them wrong. But these is hypothetical too.

Quote#4....You hoard ways of playing BG, citing ''competitive advantage'' 

Somehow you managed to completely contradict yourself with #'s 1,2,3, so why bother post such nonsense??? Oh right, your the all knowing....

As to #4, many players have certain was of playing differently, that they feel is advantageous. Here you just sound like a crying child wanting to know what the other kids know.

And, I do not recall DJM asking for your help...

Can you read the whole thread, and develop a theme as to how the conversation is going before you respond. Those qoutes are expansion of the consersation that where had before. You would have made a better post of instead our asked how

For expample if you read you would have seen the converation around Qoute 1 as follows

''The bank could be messed up(something DJ said its not possible, and I explained it is, a bank can become negative, read Lord Nobody post, when he explain how ''jackpot system'' can lead to these. ''

Please be constructive, logical in your post and stop trolling me, or actively flaming me, it won't and can't work. 

Jun 8, 2017, 17:0706/08/17
10/31/14

roadstar Pitbull said:

But you sure do make it easy....when you heed your own advice "constructive, logical" posts i can stop also.

Have you not noticed, when your posts are  "constructive, logical", i do tend to stay away....

Thanks for admitting to these. 

Jun 8, 2017, 17:2606/08/17
04/17/16

Oracle said:

Well to further add to what JUGLAR DEL VIENTO said

I will say these could have happened

1. The player have not banked correctly.
    E.g banking low BG and hitting high level( but these should not matter much), or
    not banking all the bank needs before completing a BG, All resources have to be put in, plus up to 25% bank.

2. The player was using a bad method of doing BG,
    E.g all in method above level 50
    defending and offending with wrong unit types
  3.  The player immediately tossed his reward back into the bank, these inflated his bank, at a level of up to 15% in bank value per BG. These could have easily happened if she hit a sweetspot BG and did many BG immediately after. thus losing his sweetspot rewards(by banking it back) and accumulating more indues fees as she does more BG  

If you are using the banking method remember, every BG has its separate bank value. And if you need rewards, you need to pay each each BG what is due. Think of a BG as a ATM, and not a slot machine, every time you  make a withdrawal the bank charges you fees of up to 15%. So if you withdraw from 10 ATM, you will be have to pay back 10 times 15% back, in every resources you gain back. These is the foundation of the banking method, and many people don't get it. To maximize your reward, make sure that every time you withdraw from your ATM when your are in a sweetspot region. To minimize your rewards, withdraw only when the balance you can get back from your ATM is higher than that of your highest ATM( e.g ''yellowing/banking the highest level BG). These method is faulty, if you hit zero, then, you are likely to try somewhere else( going back to 3).

These is the best explanation I  can make from what was explained to me, when I encountered similar a problem. 

Official statement from Plarium 

We don’t share the exact algorithm for the feature, but here’s the basic outline: every time you attack or defend a [prize], your unit losses are totalled up according to each unit’s price in [Rum, Gold, Lumber]. This running total is your Payout Number. When you get payout from a [Prize], the spread, number, and type of Units or Resources you receive are randomly allocated as measured in resources based on that total.

The longer you go without receiving a payout, the higher your Payout Number total is becoming and the bigger your eventual reward will be (that's if you continue to bank). Now, there are also some randomized triggers when running this calculation – first, it does a “spin” to see if this infestation will pay out this time, or just keep adding to your Payout Number. Depending on how this spin goes, it’s possible to go extremely long periods without getting a payout (even though your Payout Number is still growing over time). This is especially true if you've received big payouts on higher-level [Prizes] and then go back to hitting low-level ones.

The payout frequency is a little higher for the [prize] that pop up directly on the left side of your screen, but those require hitting consecutively higher [prizes] each time. Sometimes you can also “spin” and hit a superbonus, which will trigger a payout worth more than your total investment, but those don’t pop up much.

The biggest misconception is that regular [prizes] each have their own discrete payout amount. I know it often seems like we’re laughing maniacally to ourselves as we change each [Prize] Level’s payouts every week to confound everyone – this isn't true. It doesn't work that way.

The payouts are based on your collective Payout Number; the last time you triggered a payout, and how many Unit losses you've suffered in the meantime. Treat it like Black Jack; play with a long view, don’t bet everything you have, and quit when you’re ahead. It can be frustrating, but senior players have experimented with different strategies and gotten pretty good results. Ask around, but be prepared to lose a lot of troops to get there – don’t commit anything you’re not ready or able to lose without being hamstrung.

Some advice: take advantage of Global Mission events to “double dip” on your investment. Also don’t forget to include the XP, and Ranking Points, ranking awards, Achievement Bonuses, and other freebies you’re getting from taking on the Infestations.

Also, if you want a sure bet, don’t forget about the Campaign [Prizes]. Each one of these has a fixed payout in [Brethren] units that you can view before deciding whether or not to run the mission – plus they all have a pretty cool storyline and audio content, but the higher ones get really, really tough.

In the coming months we’re planning to experiment with the payout frequency algorithm to make it a little less discouraging from the player end, so standby for future announcements.

As moderator you should provide information that should help players in they game, not to make contradictory comments that will confuse those who read your posts. I marked few of your words to explain what i say: 

"not banking all the bank needs before completing a BG, All resources have to be put in, plus up to 25% bank."  that contradicts your post that you say is official plarium statement : " every time you attack or defend a [prize], your unit losses are totalled up according to each unit’s price in [Rum, Gold, Lumber]. This running total is your Payout Number. "

"  all in method above level 50  defending and offending with wrong unit types "  that also contradicts the "oficial plarium statement" quoted above....

Somewhere in a thred, a player told you to refrain from posting, because give him headache...i have to say i experience same sensation... 

I also have a question to you. According with your post, there is a fee for each payout from BG. According with "oficial plarium statement" there is none. (btw another contradiction in your post) . So my question: is it or is it not a fee on BG payout ? 

I will apreciate a straight answer, and if you dont know , pls say you dont know.
Jun 8, 2017, 18:1606/08/17
Jun 8, 2017, 18:38(edited)
10/31/14

Octavian said

As moderator you should provide information that should help players in they game, not to make contradictory comments that will confuse those who read your posts. I marked few of your words to explain what i say:

"not banking all the bank needs before completing a BG, All resources have to be put in, plus up to 25% bank." that contradicts your post that you say is official plarium statement : " every time you attack or defend a [prize], your unit losses are totalled up according to each unit’s price in [Rum, Gold, Lumber]. This running total is your Payout Number. "

The 25 % comes from the percentage of extra resources you have to put back into the back from your previous bank pay out.  . So lets say I have earned a pay of 5 graffin, here these website calculate my pay back.

As you can see these website calculate the extra pay back percentage as 5 %, some  as 10% some as 15%. But I get better result when using 25%.  

" all in method above level 50 defending and offending with wrong unit types " that also contradicts the "oficial plarium statement" quoted above....

And all in method, is when a player use all his troops to do BG. These is a bad idea especially above level 50 because it will be difficult to calculate your back, and the losses are tremendous above  level 50.

I personally have a BG squad, and use it to do BG below level 50. My BG is about 25% occult+ beast and 75% infantry and cavalry. Because my Bg are lower than level 55( I am planning to take them to 65, and achieve the final tier. I take a screenshot of my squad, and do the all in method for all O BG requiring cavalry and infantry. After each BG I toss my gains back into the catamp and continue untill I hit a level 49.When I am done I go to screenshot and subtract how many units I have lost from my BG squad. These will be what I have banked. I then go to my excell unit counter and substract my ''gains'' or reward( those units I gained from BG and sent to the catamp. These will be what I owe back so far. Then I go to the dreaded log and just expand it. adding a day.

Gain resources pain resources, calculate owe +25% 

sorry about the foreign language, in the screenshot.

Excel has customize-able gaming theme spreadsheet, which is easy to manipulate into your gamings needs. You can include pages, and sub pages. For example stormfall I have league stuff( sub pages intel,units counter ect) BG(sub pages spreadsheet, jackpot tracking dates ect) ect units ect Eve ( Quit) Warcraft( Jobs(ect), LoL, ect  

Somewhere in a thred, a player told you to refrain from posting, because give him headache...i have to say i experience same sensation...

I also have a question to you. According with your post, there is a fee for each payout from BG. According with "oficial plarium statement" there is none. (btw another contradiction in your post) .
So my question: is it or is it not a fee on BG payout ?  

I will apreciate a straight answer, and if you dont know , pls say you dont know.

I have explained that. You are confused, and not the only one who is.

But don't worry I am working on BG tutorial and will purplish it soon. I have contacted players in the top, and many have been helpful. By next week I would have finished with these tutorial.

Unlike other tutorial it will tell you how to play BG step By step, not lie to you in the ''sake of competitive advantage''. I will post it next week. I haven't talked to many Lords in the Darkplains, including the KoK( I probably won't bother them) but nonetheless splendid and decorated Lords have contributed to these thread. 

Jun 8, 2017, 18:4406/08/17
04/17/16

I also have a question to you. According with your post, there is a fee for each payout from BG. According with "oficial plarium statement" there is none. (btw another contradiction in your post) .

But don't worry I am working on BG tutorial and will purplish it soon. I have contacted players in the top, and many have been helpful. By next week I would have finished with these tutorial.

Unlike other tutorial it will tell you how to play BG step By step, not lie to you in the ''sake of competitive advantage''. I will post it next week. I haven't talked to many Lords in the Darkplains, including the KoK( I probably won't bother them) but nonetheless splendid and decorated Lords have contributed to these thread. 

Well, could be me who is confused, but read my question again and read my nicely request for a stright answer. You dont give me an answer, you just posted another explanation for your previous posts, from where i dont try to substract an answer, because i use my own way to do BG, and as i say , the "oficial plarium statement" say it isn't any fee on those payouts....

So can you give a stright answer to my question, with yes or no, regardless of how you call it:fee, tax, repay,or whatever ?

Also, another question: can you tell us what'm mean " Official Plarim statement" ? Who did that statement? 
Jun 8, 2017, 18:5906/08/17
Jun 8, 2017, 19:00(edited)
10/31/14

OCTAVIAN said:

So can you give a stright answer to my question, with yes or no, regardless of how you call it:fee, tax, repay,or whatever ?

Also, another question: can you tell us what'm mean " Official Plarim statement" ? Who did that statement? 

I have already answered that question. But here is a clue

We don’t share the exact algorithm for the feature

The payout frequency is a little higher for the [prize] that pop up directly on the left side of your screen, but those require hitting consecutively higher [prizes] each time. Sometimes you can also “spin” and hit a superbonus, which will trigger a payout worth more than your total investment, but those don’t pop up much.

still trying to find out too.  But I found it here
https://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/game-discussion/1093_banking-in-prize-missions-/?post=10297

Jun 8, 2017, 19:2406/08/17
Jun 8, 2017, 19:25(edited)
04/17/16

Oracle said:

OCTAVIAN said:

I have already answered that question. But here is a clue

We don’t share the exact algorithm for the feature

https://plarium.com/forum/en/pirates-tides-of-fortune/game-discussion/1093_banking-in-prize-missions-/?post=10297

Sory, but what you caled a clue is not a clue: higher payout frequency means you can get a payout more often , or if you want i can google for exactly definition. And yes, i already had that kinfd of superbonus that worth more than my total investement. But still they dont sayd nothing about a fee, witch you leave it to understand it is, on the contrary, they sayd ,  and i quote " every time you attack or defend a [prize], your unit losses are totalled up according to each unit’s price in [Rum, Gold, Lumber]. This running total is your Payout Number. ". 

So if you can't provide a correct and verified information, please refrain to do alegation on the subject. I am sure that most of the players search for help in forums thread , not for your personal opinion.

Jun 8, 2017, 19:4106/08/17
Jun 8, 2017, 19:46(edited)
04/17/16

Oracle said:

OCTAVIAN said:

So you quoted a "quoted" declaration, posted by a player in forum, and say , and now i quote you, "Official statement from Plarium ".

Is that , coming form a moderator , a trustworthy information, that will make all players to think is realy Plarium who did it ? 

I think a CM should take some mesures in this matter!

Jun 8, 2017, 20:1506/08/17
Jun 8, 2017, 20:44(edited)
11/30/14

I will tell you the secret. There is a super bonus/jack pot or how you call it. Without paying fees - 15, 25%, just killing and taking back your reward again and again you can trigger it and hit a jackpot, winning like 30% more than you have put in bgs. That means you can gain from bgs, not lose. It happens rarely, but thats how I raised my 500k off to 20m in a month just doing bgs and building pathfinders. :)

Same mechanics in sparta. I mean, no mechanics. BGS is a lottery or you can call it a trade market. You can trade your shit for better tier units with a small chance of triggering that trade. On 60 level account in sparta I went from 50 to 140 lvl in persian positions. Same in stormfall, from 60 to 130 lvl bgs and only 75 lvl in game. Just huge gains, 1m def to 20m def in a week and so on. Gamble, gamble, gamble all your army, trigger it, raise it. 

All that maths, sheets, etc., its just all pointless. Bgs "experts" its all just a myth. You guys do it with expectations, "I expect to get a reward when I put enough resources", and sometimes balur spits in your face. Its not because its working not as intended, its because you think you know how it works, but in the end you know nothing, you just have your own theory about it. So with your theory, you can't come and tell plarium there's a bug, its not working etc., because plarium never told you and will never tell how exactly bgs work. Game will lose its curiosity if they told us all the secrets, you can't call it a game then. Have fun, and remember, you will regain your army sooner or later in bgs or might trigger it, just patience. If you wanna do it quick, just keep killing low bgs or finishing off yellowed bgs, you will gather enough units or all your units to try again.

Jun 9, 2017, 04:5106/09/17

Oracle said:

Octavian said

"not banking all the bank needs before completing a BG, All resources have to be put in, plus up to 25% bank." that contradicts your post that you say is official plarium statement : " every time you attack or defend a [prize], your unit losses are totalled up according to each unit’s price in [Rum, Gold, Lumber]. This running total is your Payout Number. "

The 25 % comes from the percentage of extra resources you have to put back into the back from your previous bank pay out.  . So lets say I have earned a pay of 5 graffin, here these website calculate my pay back.

As you can see these website calculate the extra pay back percentage as 5 %, some  as 10% some as 15%. But I get better result when using 25%.  

" all in method above level 50 defending and offending with wrong unit types " that also contradicts the "oficial plarium statement" quoted above....

And all in method, is when a player use all his troops to do BG. These is a bad idea especially above level 50 because it will be difficult to calculate your back, and the losses are tremendous above  level 50.

I personally have a BG squad, and use it to do BG below level 50. My BG is about 25% occult+ beast and 75% infantry and cavalry. Because my Bg are lower than level 55( I am planning to take them to 65, and achieve the final tier. I take a screenshot of my squad, and do the all in method for all O BG requiring cavalry and infantry. After each BG I toss my gains back into the catamp and continue untill I hit a level 49.When I am done I go to screenshot and subtract how many units I have lost from my BG squad. These will be what I have banked. I then go to my excell unit counter and substract my ''gains'' or reward( those units I gained from BG and sent to the catamp. These will be what I owe back so far. Then I go to the dreaded log and just expand it. adding a day.

Gain resources pain resources, calculate owe +25% 

sorry about the foreign language, in the screenshot.

Excel has customize-able gaming theme spreadsheet, which is easy to manipulate into your gamings needs. You can include pages, and sub pages. For example stormfall I have league stuff( sub pages intel,units counter ect) BG(sub pages spreadsheet, jackpot tracking dates ect) ect units ect Eve ( Quit) Warcraft( Jobs(ect), LoL, ect  

I wish you good luck on the guide and cant wait to see it!

need any help feel free 2 pm me or if want to know how I do BG's

Jun 9, 2017, 04:5406/09/17

djmoody said:

Oracle said:

You're are very sensitive. I haven't slandered you, Nor am I actively attacking you. I don't want to become your enemy. I wish we could have better understanding with each other. I don't know how is stating your actions which are publicly known is slander. 

How can it be hard to understand. 

You made up a statement about me that isn't true. Not only isn't it true it's THE ABSOLUTE OPPOSITE of the truth. 

And you did it because I asked you to back up a statement you made. A statement I knew wasn't true and deserved to be called out (btw Jumy has PM'ed me to say he never said what you claimed). So you decided to get personal and spread lies about me, rather than address the points made. 

I don't come here to be trolled. I certainly don't come here to be trolled by a moderator.

These are the other threads where you did EXACTLY the same. Made up stuff up about me to try and discredit me and hurt my reputation, rather than just discussing the issue. It's just not right. Shouldn't have to put up with it over and over again

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/leagues/34054_balur-s-shield/

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/36640_bg--bare-assertion-fallacy/

can you guys call a truce or get a room... 

as for the threads that I seen you in about BG's you claim to know a "miracle" way to get free troops but with no evidence/explanation so your even worse than Oracle in some ways.

lets all get along and try to be nice to one another

as my friend vash once said "Love&Peace"

:P
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 9, 2017, 07:2206/09/17
Jun 9, 2017, 09:04(edited)
10/04/13

Solidarius said:

guys call a truce or get a room... 

as for the threads that I seen you in about BG's you claim to know a "miracle" way to get free troops but with no evidence/explanation so your even worse than Oracle in some ways.

There's no real way to prove you did anything special in bgs.  I've seen many people claim (or even believe) they're doing amazing in bgs, but they're actually losing troops each time and just spending money to heal them back. 

Besides, if there is/was some trick to get free troops the people who found it would keep it secret to prevent it from being removed by plarium. 

Jun 9, 2017, 09:0306/09/17
10/31/14
Solidarius said:

can you guys call a truce or get a room... 

Thanks for the offer. You can PM me all details. From what you do before you engage with BG mechanics( do you pray for example) which website you use, what formulas you use on your logs( if you have logs) Any tricks you know( like the first BG-of-the-day-trick) Anything is welcome. You can send me pictures too, videos files  anything that comes to your mind. 
Jun 9, 2017, 09:0406/09/17
Jun 9, 2017, 09:04(edited)
10/31/14

OCTAVIAN said:

So you quoted a "quoted" declaration, posted by a player in forum, and say , and now i quote you, "Official statement from Plarium ".

Is that , coming form a moderator , a trustworthy information, that will make all players to think is realy Plarium who did it ? 

These is where it came from
https://plarium.com/en/ask-a-developer/plarium-game-algo/

Jun 9, 2017, 09:3306/09/17
Jun 9, 2017, 11:52(edited)
10/31/14

djmoody said:

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/leagues/34054_balur-s-shield/

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/36640_bg--bare-assertion-fallacy/

THAT WAS A EONS AGO!!!

I will not retract any statement from there. Especially on balur-s-shield. I am sorry you're still holding decayed grudges. But I am not sorry for my actions then. Because you are not sorry for your actions here too. 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/34039_-stormfall-declassed-article-1/

''Data is wrong''

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/archive/29107_coining/2/

Or here where you called me out, just for fun.  Misqouted me and had the community viciously attack me for saying Emperors have Paypal account. 

Any further off topics post will be deleted. Stay on topic. You can send me a PM if you wish to discuss these issue further. Lets stay on BG path. 

Jun 9, 2017, 09:4006/09/17
04/17/16

Oracle said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Thanks for cleared this. 

I realy start to ask myself if you , moderators, try to help players or try hard to confuse players.What is your job? Realy? 

Why i say that? Hmm..let see...You quoted as official plarium statement  the answer to a question from 2 years ago.Tell me pls how many times has changed BG in last 2 years? 

Also i asked detail abouit that statement, and your fellow moderator , Biohazard, who asked that question to a dev say what? Oh , right, he didnt say nothing...lol

Thanks for your help and support my dear friends moderators! 

I think the best for me is to stop reading your (moderators)post.Will be much better if i dont do it, i am sure.
Jun 9, 2017, 11:5106/09/17
10/31/14

OCTAVIAN said:

Thanks for cleared this. 

I realy start to ask myself if you , moderators, try to help players or try hard to confuse players.What is your job? Realy? 

Why i say that? Hmm..let see...You quoted as official plarium statement  the answer to a question from 2 years ago.Tell me pls how many times has changed BG in last 2 years? 

Also i asked detail abouit that statement, and your fellow moderator , Biohazard, who asked that question to a dev say what? Oh , right, he didnt say nothing...lol

I think the best for me is to stop reading your (moderators)post.Will be much better if i dont do it, i am sure.

I am gald I helped. I am sorry I couldn't help sooner. 

And no our job is to help players, and not to confuse them. I have to ask other moderators where it came from until the CM pointed in the right direction. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 10, 2017, 09:2606/10/17
Jun 10, 2017, 09:28(edited)
10/04/13

OCTAVIAN said:

Oracle said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Thanks for cleared this. 

Sorry did you ask me a question somewhere?  I try to read all the threads but sometimes I miss stuff.  If you have a question, feel free to pm me and I'll try to answer it. 

If it was about bgs, the devs won't tell us how they work or if/when changes to the algorithm have been made.  Even we moderators just have to figure out as much as we can on our own. 
Jun 10, 2017, 10:4306/10/17
04/17/16

BiohazarD said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Oracle said:

OCTAVIAN said:

Thanks for cleared this. 

Sorry did you ask me a question somewhere?  I try to read all the threads but sometimes I miss stuff.  If you have a question, feel free to pm me and I'll try to answer it. 

If it was about bgs, the devs won't tell us how they work or if/when changes to the algorithm have been made.  Even we moderators just have to figure out as much as we can on our own. 

Sure, you missed my question about who made that statement that Oracle say is "Oficial Plarium statement", (and was your question to a dev, so you could give the best answer) , but you didnt missed my post where i say you moderators dont do your job. You guys seems to be more concern to do your own "fights" in forum ,instead to provide info and help others players.

As i say, you guys do a "wonderfull job" .Keep doing, and the forum will be empty soon.Then you moderators will be happy to moderate your own posts....