All Categories

Points for Bonus program Dollar vs Euro

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 31, 2017, 19:1705/31/17

Well, I'm not a big coiner but I got a decent offer and I took it.

https://prnt.sc/fdlbul

One of the new features is the Bonus Program and looking at the offer I should get 1050. But this is what I got:

https://prnt.sc/fcjo8t

So 931, a good 10% less then I should. I contacted support and the answer I got stunned me a bit. The reason was that if you pay in Euro's you'll get less points then when you should pay with Dollars.

I get it that coiners have way to much advantages then non coiners (not really liking it but well that is the way it is) but this is just strange, weird, deceitful and even a bit racist, comming from Europe you'll get less then when you live in America. Thanks to the exchange rate the number of Dollars is higher when you pay it but the value is still the same so I expect the same.

Anyone else finds this a bit "strange"? Can anyone find it in the fine print that they do this and maybe why?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 31, 2017, 21:1505/31/17
May 31, 2017, 21:23(edited)
10/31/14

My Lord sorry for the inconvenience. Please bear in mind that the amount of points you gain are based on the amount of money that  is spend, after all transaction are processed, and the economy is taken into account at that time. The Uero-$ exchange rate have changed, and these might have been taken into consideration from last week offers, previous offers were not taking the current  $-Uero exchange rate. 

You will still pay the same ammount though. 

May 31, 2017, 21:5105/31/17

And next time you'll get 10% less dragons and saphires to?? That's just insane.

The offer is clearly 1050 and that is what I payed for exchangerate or not. This is just one big scam.

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 1, 2017, 09:2006/01/17
10/04/13
Sculptor said:

Well, I'm not a big coiner but I got a decent offer and I took it.

https://prnt.sc/fdlbul

One of the new features is the Bonus Program and looking at the offer I should get 1050. But this is what I got:

https://prnt.sc/fcjo8t

So 931, a good 10% less then I should. I contacted support and the answer I got stunned me a bit. The reason was that if you pay in Euro's you'll get less points then when you should pay with Dollars.

I get it that coiners have way to much advantages then non coiners (not really liking it but well that is the way it is) but this is just strange, weird, deceitful and even a bit racist, comming from Europe you'll get less then when you live in America. Thanks to the exchange rate the number of Dollars is higher when you pay it but the value is still the same so I expect the same.

Anyone else finds this a bit "strange"? Can anyone find it in the fine print that they do this and maybe why?

The value isn't necessarily the same, as exchange rates fluctuate over time while Plarium's pricing for particular packages remains the same for the life of the deal. 
Jun 1, 2017, 09:4606/01/17
03/01/16

Sculptor said:

And next time you'll get 10% less dragons and saphires to?? That's just insane.

The offer is clearly 1050 and that is what I payed for exchangerate or not. This is just one big scam.

Hello, Lord Sculptor! This situation needs to be investigated. Please contact our Support team at https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and send all information so we can check this. Thanks!

Jun 1, 2017, 14:0806/01/17
I allready did and the answer was that is was because I paid with Euro's instead of dollars. And it couldn't be changed. That's why I'm here, I pay for something and don't get the whole deal.
Jun 1, 2017, 16:0906/01/17
Jun 2, 2017, 05:41(edited)
thats pretty ****** up dude... I think they should give you what the offer said... so my question is if I paid in British pounds would I get more since its worth more than the dollar?
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 2, 2017, 05:4306/02/17
10/04/13

Solidarius said:

thats pretty ****** up dude... I think they should give you what the offer said... so my question is if I paid in British pounds would I get more since its worth more than the dollar?

Yes I believe you would get more if paying in a more valuable currency.  But it's plarium, so who knows. 

Btw watch your language please. 
Jun 2, 2017, 06:1606/02/17

While not necessarily a bug, it is a problem to some extent. We have players from all over the world, and certain governments prefer to hold their currencies low for trade reasons. For example, I'm Australian, and therefore pay more for anything I purchase via Plarium. My dollar is worth less so I naturally receive less points in the bonus program. 

Am I being screwed over by Plarium? I don't think so. It really comes down to exchange rates. Would I prefer if another currency was used for purchaces? 100%. Some kind of Keynesian IDR. But things are what they are, and the US dollar is essentially the international currency. So I suck it up and pay that little bit more than others.
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 2, 2017, 09:2206/02/17
Jun 2, 2017, 09:23(edited)
10/04/13

Trentos said:

While not necessarily a bug, it is a problem to some extent. We have players from all over the world, and certain governments prefer to hold their currencies low for trade reasons. For example, I'm Australian, and therefore pay more for anything I purchase via Plarium. My dollar is worth less so I naturally receive less points in the bonus program. 

Am I being screwed over by Plarium? I don't think so. It really comes down to exchange rates. Would I prefer if another currency was used for purchaces? 100%. Some kind of Keynesian IDR. But things are what they are, and the US dollar is essentially the international currency. So I suck it up and pay that little bit more than others.

It could be worse.  I've heard stories from people in countries with weak currencies that they can't buy sapphires at all because a few thousand sapphires costs like a week of their income (due to the low exchange rate). 

I don't think there's any easy way around these exchange rate problems, they're just something we have to deal with. 
Jun 2, 2017, 10:5906/02/17
10/31/14

Trentos said:

Exchange rates are monsters. I will prefer to buy in vietnamese-dong, that way I will feel like a millionaire every time I make a purchase. Last time I checked witha VPN it was like 

9.9$ purchase for  224794,35 Vietnam Dongs.

Jun 2, 2017, 21:2206/02/17

I get that exchange rates changes and if at the moment of purchase the valeu of the amount in euro's was less then the fixed dollar amount by all means award less points for the bonus program.

But don't make an offer with an FIXED amount of points and when the customor pays the asking price of Plarium then Plarium should NOT change it!! That is in fact illegal and it is called FRAUD!

Plarium has 3 options:

1, fix their payment method so that it is always at the current exchange rate

2, mention in the offer that those points vary depending on the payment method

3, or just give what you sell

In my case (and probably a lot more cases) Plarium should correct their mistake and award the right amount to all the players affected. And then change their ways of doing business.
Jun 3, 2017, 03:2506/03/17

The exchange rates are something we have to deal with as BioHazard and Oracle point out. 

But I have to agree with Lord Sculptor as far as Bonus Points goes. He paid the same amount in Plarium's chosen currency, so shouldn't he get the same points? I don't see why the number of bonus points should also be calculated at that exchange rate? Or am I missing something?

Jun 3, 2017, 13:0706/03/17
10/31/14

Trentos said:

The exchange rates are something we have to deal with as BioHazard and Oracle point out. 

But I have to agree with Lord Sculptor as far as Bonus Points goes. He paid the same amount in Plarium's chosen currency, so shouldn't he get the same points? I don't see why the number of bonus points should also be calculated at that exchange rate? Or am I missing something?

At the moment I am still trying to get a proper official explanation from support. But we must bare in mind that the producer too have a right to change the rates at which the product is sold at. And as we have seen Plarium have all right in these case to change the price. We where in fact, technically ripping off plarium, by buying products at a lower price than what is due. 

I understand your fustrations in these regards, But please be patient and try to view things in all sides. 
Jun 4, 2017, 19:1906/04/17

Oracle said:

At the moment I am still trying to get a proper official explanation from support. (1) But we must bare in mind that the producer too have a right to change the rates at which the product is sold at. (2) And as we have seen Plarium have all right in these case to change the price. (3) We where in fact, technically ripping off plarium, by buying products at a lower price than what is due. 

I understand your fustrations in these regards, But please be patient and try to view things in all sides. 

(1) They have every right to do that. They decide what they sell, when and how much but when the deal is done and money is paid they have NO right to change it. A deal is a deal and that is it. Giving less then the deal was is FRAUDE!

(2) Again, Plarium decides (and decided) the price I just agreed to it. And again they CANNOT change the deal afterwards when payment is done.

(3) How can I, when Plarium decides the product and the price, rip them off?? The decide the price not me!! I didn't negotiate!! Maybe you should think twice before you put something like that down in writing.

I get that you have to uphold Plariums name but please think before you put anything down in writing. As a moderator you should know that your should not try to blame the other party when you know they are right. They ripped me off not the other way around do not try that shit again with me. Not only stupid people play this game, you should remember that.

BiohazarDModerator
Jun 4, 2017, 19:2506/04/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Trentos said:

At the moment I am still trying to get a proper official explanation from support. But we must bare in mind that the producer too have a right to change the rates at which the product is sold at. And as we have seen Plarium have all right in these case to change the price. We where in fact, technically ripping off plarium, by buying products at a lower price than what is due. 

In no way is paying in your own country's currency ripping off plarium.  If they didn't code the exchange rates correctly that's their fault, not the player's. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 7, 2017, 10:0106/07/17
10/04/13
Sculptor said:

I get that exchange rates changes and if at the moment of purchase the valeu of the amount in euro's was less then the fixed dollar amount by all means award less points for the bonus program.

But don't make an offer with an FIXED amount of points and when the customor pays the asking price of Plarium then Plarium should NOT change it!! That is in fact illegal and it is called FRAUD!

Plarium has 3 options:

1, fix their payment method so that it is always at the current exchange rate

2, mention in the offer that those points vary depending on the payment method

3, or just give what you sell

In my case (and probably a lot more cases) Plarium should correct their mistake and award the right amount to all the players affected. And then change their ways of doing business.
Agreed, it is strange that the game doesn't tell you that the points will be reduced with the selected payment method. 
Jun 7, 2017, 12:3006/07/17
03/01/16

Lords, let me clarify this situation. 

Yes, it's true that in the Offer you see the number of points for payment in USD. However, when you go to the Bank and choose the currency you're going to use, the appropriate number of points in displayed there and you're aware of this new number. Please, be attentive. 
Jun 9, 2017, 22:5206/09/17

Eugenia Misura said:

Yes, it's true that in the Offer you see the number of points for payment in USD. However, when you go to the Bank and choose the currency you're going to use, the appropriate number of points in displayed there and you're aware of this new number. Please, be attentive. 

Please be attentive to TELL THAT IN ADVANCE and not when u chose an offer you change it afterwards without any warning in advance.

As Plarium you would be wise to change this asap!

What the Law Says About Fraud

Laws against fraud vary from state to state, and can be criminal or civil in nature. Criminal fraud requires criminal intent on the part of the perpetrator, and is punishable by fines or imprisonment. Civil fraud, on the other hand, applies more broadly to circumstances where bad-faith is usually involved, and where the penalties are meant to punish the perpetrator and put the victim back in the same position before the fraud took place.

While the exact wording of fraud charges varies among state and federal laws. the essential elements needed to prove a fraud claim in general include: (1) a misrepresentation of a material fact; (2) by a person or entity who knows or believes it to be false; (3) to a person or entity who justifiably relies on the misrepresentation; and (4) actual injury or loss resulting from his or her reliance.

Most states require that each element be proven with "particularity" -- meaning that each and every element must be separately proven for a fraud charge to stand.

Every point of those 4 is allready proven.
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 10, 2017, 09:1406/10/17
10/04/13

Sculptor said:

Eugenia Misura said:

Please be attentive to TELL THAT IN ADVANCE and not when u chose an offer you change it afterwards without any warning in advance.

Laws against fraud vary from state to state, and can be criminal or civil in nature. Criminal fraud requires criminal intent on the part of the perpetrator, and is punishable by fines or imprisonment. Civil fraud, on the other hand, applies more broadly to circumstances where bad-faith is usually involved, and where the penalties are meant to punish the perpetrator and put the victim back in the same position before the fraud took place.

While the exact wording of fraud charges varies among state and federal laws. the essential elements needed to prove a fraud claim in general include: (1) a misrepresentation of a material fact; (2) by a person or entity who knows or believes it to be false; (3) to a person or entity who justifiably relies on the misrepresentation; and (4) actual injury or loss resulting from his or her reliance.

Most states require that each element be proven with "particularity" -- meaning that each and every element must be separately proven for a fraud charge to stand.

Not really, it did technically show you the correct value after you'd selected which currency to use.  So you couldn't prove point 2, because once they knew what currency you were going to pay with they did show you the correct amount of points you would receive.  It's not their fault you weren't paying attention to the point value every step of the way. 

Jun 12, 2017, 11:1106/12/17
10/31/14
Sculptor said:

Only International Laws, and not local or national laws apply in these regards. Plus in visual business, mistakes happen, and those mistakes must be governed by visual product laws, and not physical product laws.