This topic is closed

Does moderators have the same possibilities with other players to win in entertaiment conests

12 Replies
sison
28 May, 2017, 7:25 AM UTC

Currently i talked with oracle ,he expressed me something i would like to share with you and plarium,that he think moderators doesnt have the same possibilities to win over there,they have less possibilities he meant

i would like plarium say here to him and rest people if thats truth, if thats truth then i dont agree personally, all players moderators or not deserve to be rewarded in the same way,would also help him  to find out more about it

plz i dont want bad comments about other players,if oraccle disagree with my idea to make that post he can block it

it is a friendly post

UTC +0:00
Oracle
28 May, 2017, 7:56 AM UTC

I think they was a misunderstanding Sison. I thought you were referring to these post. 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/tavern/40205_meme-contest/

In that post a moderator , can't win, no matter how funny is his post. Moderator initiated contests, can't be won by moderators. Its like rewarding a maths professor for answering a maths question. Yes the maths professor can win when the contents is tricky challenge aimed at maths professors, like a Nobel prize. 

If you read the rules regarding contests, you will notice that moderators have a power to change a contest question or challenge, perhaps when something is wrong in the challenge, a mistake ect and other conditions meriting such a change. So lets say Brunson start a contest, I can change those conditions, and the entire question and easily win.( they should be a warrant change). Or we can form a conspiracy to let each other win, I start a contest and announce Bio as a winner, he does the same and announce me as a winner. See why moderators can't win in moderator initiated contests.

But its not always, sometimes moderators win. 

Like if the wasn't any more entry here then warrior can win.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/33634_wiki---league-achievement-article-contest/

But in administrators initiated contest and those initiated by the CM, then all players can win. 

Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
sison
28 May, 2017, 8:01 AM UTC

ow ok that make sense oracle thanks buddy

thats how i wished it works cause thats the fair,good point!
thefray
28 May, 2017, 8:43 AM UTC
Can we impeach a moderator, do we get no say. can you start a poll of worst moderator and have him voted off the island.
Oracle
28 May, 2017, 9:35 AM UTC

thefray said:

Can we impeach a moderator, do we get no say. can you start a poll of worst moderator and have him voted off the island.

I am not sure, Moderators can resign, or go on vacation. But I haven't seen a moderator fired by players/participators even in debates sites and discussion forums. 

A moderator can be fired by the CM, support team or administrator, if he goes rogue. But that too has never happened. Most moderators simply resign. 

I don't think such a poll will have any effect, it will only make the moderator more famous among forum administrators. If you really hate a moderator you can kindly tell him to resign, I know I can consider that option if it comes from someone like Shin/test.

Alina Bright
Community Manager
29 May, 2017, 3:10 PM UTC
Lords, anyone can win in contests, moderators are not an exception. Please remember that moderators are players too They just help other players on their way :) 
BiohazarD
29 May, 2017, 6:53 PM UTC
thefray said:

If we could it would have to be by a majority vote of players, and plarium counts all the level 1-10 castles as players.  So you'd need like 10 million votes lol. 
BiohazarD
29 May, 2017, 6:55 PM UTC
Eugenia Misura said:

Lords, anyone can win in contests, moderators are not an exception. Please remember that moderators are players too They just help other players on their way :) 
That's good to hear.  I guess I just have terrible luck when it comes to the contests :P
Oracle
29 May, 2017, 8:39 PM UTC
BiohazarD said:

Eugenia Misura said:

That's good to hear.  I guess I just have terrible luck when it comes to the contests :P
You can enter the meme contest, Closing date is these Friday and we only have one participant, so you might win. 
BiohazarD
30 May, 2017, 8:12 AM UTC
Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

Eugenia Misura said:

You can enter the meme contest, Closing date is these Friday and we only have one participant, so you might win. 
Excellent.  Where would one find this contest?
Oracle
30 May, 2017, 9:25 AM UTC

MEmEcontest

Alina Bright
Community Manager
30 May, 2017, 1:58 PM UTC
Good luck! 
BiohazarD
1 June, 2017, 9:21 AM UTC
Oracle said:

MEmEcontest

Thanks.  I'll take a look at it :)
1662034 users registered; 33545 topics; 252662 posts; our newest member:Castle №10908964