Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Jun 3, 2017, 13:4806/03/17
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

no...he is using the post delete tool to take the thread out of view of the public and editing it in the moderators only area where you guys can still see deleted posts. 

i cant do that. 
There is no moderator only area. And I don't see how  editting my post is an abuse of power.
are you not the one who told me that moderators can still see deleted posts but regular members cant?

Yes, I did. 

I already explained my intentions. I have asked why you think editing my own post is an abuse of power?

Yes moderators can see deleted posted, For as long as they are still in the forum.  
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 4, 2017, 19:2806/04/17
10/04/13
IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

no...he is using the post delete tool to take the thread out of view of the public and editing it in the moderators only area where you guys can still see deleted posts. 

i cant do that. 
There is no moderator only area. And I don't see how  editting my post is an abuse of power.
are you not the one who told me that moderators can still see deleted posts but regular members cant?
He is technically correct, there is no moderator only area for deleted posts.  We see them in the regular threads the same as other posts, except they have a 'deleted' icon next to them. 
Jun 5, 2017, 01:3706/05/17
08/03/14
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

i cant do that. 
He is technically correct, there is no moderator only area for deleted posts.  We see them in the regular threads the same as other posts, except they have a 'deleted' icon next to them. 
are you guys able to edit a "deleted" post?
Jun 5, 2017, 11:5306/05/17
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:  

You are asking to many confidential information. 

You can't edit something that is deleted. You can restore it, it has to be open to be edited. When its deleted we have no option to edit, only restore and link button are available. 

Why do you think editing a post is an abuse of power?
Jun 7, 2017, 04:4906/07/17
08/03/14
Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

You can't edit something that is deleted. You can restore it, it has to be open to be edited. When its deleted we have no option to edit, only restore and link button are available. 

why do you think that info is too confidential?
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 7, 2017, 09:5406/07/17
10/04/13
IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

As far as I'm aware, moderator abilities aren't confidential.  To edit a deleted post we have to un-delete it first. 
Jun 8, 2017, 02:1506/08/17
08/03/14
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

As far as I'm aware, moderator abilities aren't confidential.  To edit a deleted post we have to un-delete it first. 
then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?   is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?
Jun 8, 2017, 03:2306/08/17
07/11/13
IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?   is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?
yes. If a question can't be answered by his BS post generator, then it is a confidential question.
Jun 8, 2017, 16:0306/08/17
Jun 8, 2017, 16:03(edited)
10/31/14

IronApex Turok said:

then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?  

Question as to how mechanics of the forum work are confidential, Yes they might be immedialtely available to moderators. But they are not available to other members, and they should be kepts secret. I can't for example tell you Skycooldude how many bans you have (or what is your Id, ip ect) . as these is confidential information. 

is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?

Yes. You are further advises not to ask anymore confidential question regarding moderators ability. Including and not limited to weather I have banned and unbanned you 9 times the last 30 min 

Jun 8, 2017, 16:0506/08/17
10/31/14
Skycooldude said:

yes. If a question can't be answered by his BS post generator, then it is a confidential question.
I am yet to see the invention of such a generator. It will make things a lot easier for you I bet my Lord. 
Jun 8, 2017, 18:3306/08/17
07/11/13
Oracle said:

Skycooldude said:

I am yet to see the invention of such a generator. It will make things a lot easier for you I bet my Lord. 
Can you try to keep this thread on topic please. It would be a shame if you had to go back and delete your own posts because they were addressing things that were off topic.
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 9, 2017, 07:3306/09/17
10/04/13
Oracle said:

Skycooldude said:

I made one for lol's once, I can send it to you if you'd like :P  It uses markov chains to generate random text that almost makes sense. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 9, 2017, 07:4406/09/17
Jun 9, 2017, 07:45(edited)
10/04/13
Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?  

Question as to how mechanics of the forum work are confidential, Yes they might be immedialtely available to moderators. But they are not available to other members, and they should be kepts secret. I can't for example tell you Skycooldude how many bans you have (or what is your Id, ip ect) . as these is confidential information. 

is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?

Yes. You are further advises not to ask anymore confidential question regarding moderators ability. Including and not limited to weather I have banned and unbanned you 9 times the last 30 min 

Technically he can ask as many questions as he wants, we just don't have to answer them.
Jun 13, 2017, 09:5506/13/17
Jun 13, 2017, 09:55(edited)

league dysfunction is an important topic,,all leagues should work on it,it is good that a player of community did a try to aproach one so important topic ,since leagues and living among the others is the most important thing in the game we should all focus on it

what i have to say is that it worth live in a league and fight for the best,communication and trust is the key,

good luck to all those who try to survive in an league
Jun 13, 2017, 10:5806/13/17
07/25/15

sison said:

league dysfunction is an important topic,,all leagues should work on it,it is good that a player of community did a try to aproach one so important topic ,since leagues and living among the others is the most important thing in the game we should all focus on it

what i have to say is that it worth live in a league and fight for the best,communication and trust is the key,

Trust is something you earn, its not something you can give on demand, so by default, you can't trust anyone you invite into your league. Tell people what to do and have them fall in line and rest sort itself over time, if they don't boot them out :p

Jun 13, 2017, 12:1706/13/17
Jun 13, 2017, 12:22(edited)

Gadheras said:

Trust is something you earn, its not something you can give on demand, so by default, you can't trust anyone you invite into your league. Tell people what to do and have them fall in line and rest sort itself over time, if they don't boot them out :p

correct , fall in line as you say :)

didnt catch the phrase "rest sort itself"so not sure of the meaning

but apart from this i agree,fall in line is important

on the other hand  it is important to respect eatch player needs,probably i dont want respect all league rules and plans but i am in the league ,i respect my league and my teamates so i deserve to be here even if i am not so loyal on any team plan,

one real example: i am disloyal to the beacons, i dont help but it doesnt mean i should be kicked since i am a sociable and connective member,anything counts in a league and we should respect the speciall characteristics eatch player has ,thats the meaning of the team "respect the difference".

Jun 14, 2017, 00:4106/14/17
07/25/15

sison said:

Gadheras said:

correct , fall in line as you say :)

didnt catch the phrase "rest sort itself"so not sure of the meaning

but apart from this i agree,fall in line is important

on the other hand  it is important to respect eatch player needs,probably i dont want respect all league rules and plans but i am in the league ,i respect my league and my teamates so i deserve to be here even if i am not so loyal on any team plan,

one real example: i am disloyal to the beacons, i dont help but it doesnt mean i should be kicked since i am a sociable and connective member,anything counts in a league and we should respect the speciall characteristics eatch player has ,thats the meaning of the team "respect the difference".

Well, if you join a "beacon" league, you should know what is expected of you. Having lost a lot of units over what seems for very little gains or of no use at beacons I don't really fancy them, but they are what they are. 

WIth the "rest sort itself" over time, I mean. If you fall in line and fit in, you adjust over time. 
Jun 14, 2017, 04:1006/14/17
01/05/15
I actually agree with this as well, a league should have trust in each other, and have goals to move forward with, i agree that you shouldn't have to spend money to gain more respect in the league and i encourage all of my members to find other ways to get saphs and work as a team so that we can all get them, we don't have a lot of coiners in our league ,, however we work together for everything, no person in our league is less then the other, each member has a say, and our captains vote together,, when we resolve an issue we give credit to those who deserve,, i also give credit to the league continuously. the one thing i have learned being a marshal for a couple of years is that everyone's ego needs a boost, this encourages members to continue to do things for the league as members love the recognition, and it gives incentive to do more for the league,, as well as helping our lower level players build up faster. and encourages everyone to teach each other the ins and outs of the game with little to no saphs. These servers are getting harder for new leagues to start especially with the big coiners coming in and wiping them out right away, it deters players from even playing the game,, we try to get those players strong and if/when they choose to go open a new league at least they have a small fighting chance, I hate to say this but money players have forgotten what its like to actually play the game, we teach our members how to play so they don't loose that aspect and we have members to play with, because eventually the coiners will kill the game by killing off new members/leagues 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 14, 2017, 08:5606/14/17
10/04/13

Lady Christina said:

I actually agree with this as well, a league should have trust in each other, and have goals to move forward with, i agree that you shouldn't have to spend money to gain more respect in the league and i encourage all of my members to find other ways to get saphs and work as a team so that we can all get them, we don't have a lot of coiners in our league ,, however we work together for everything, no person in our league is less then the other, each member has a say, and our captains vote together,, when we resolve an issue we give credit to those who deserve,, i also give credit to the league continuously. the one thing i have learned being a marshal for a couple of years is that everyone's ego needs a boost, this encourages members to continue to do things for the league as members love the recognition, and it gives incentive to do more for the league,, as well as helping our lower level players build up faster. and encourages everyone to teach each other the ins and outs of the game with little to no saphs. These servers are getting harder for new leagues to start especially with the big coiners coming in and wiping them out right away, it deters players from even playing the game,, we try to get those players strong and if/when they choose to go open a new league at least they have a small fighting chance, I hate to say this but money players have forgotten what its like to actually play the game, we teach our members how to play so they don't loose that aspect and we have members to play with, because eventually the coiners will kill the game by killing off new members/leagues 

Agreed, coiners do frequently get undeserved status in leagues due to their ability to buy and suicide large amounts of troops. 

Btw for future reference, you should use periods and proper spacing, and brake your writing into paragraphs.  This will make it much easier for other users to read and understand. 
BiohazarDModerator
Jun 14, 2017, 08:5806/14/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

sison said:

Yep.  No league accepts and trusts every applicant and lasts very long.  There are too many spies and alts in the game for that to work. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.