This topic is closed

The Five dysfunctions of Leagues

78 Replies
Oracle
1 June, 2017, 10:37 AM UTC

BiohazarD said:

And then I be like

more like these error. I like Nazis. They are good cooks

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Oracle
1 June, 2017, 10:40 AM UTC
Limad said:

To add something positive to this thread, our Marshall sends a league wide mail each Monday listing every player from our league who has featured in the top 20 for the various categories, raid, off, def, seige etc. It's a nice touch and you get to see how everyone is doing from week to week. 
These is a good way of ensuring that players become competative. Competition facillitate conflict, which drives activity. Your Marshal is very wise indeed. He shoudl also include rewards like 50K gold/Iron to the top five
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
roadstar Pitbull
1 June, 2017, 1:17 PM UTC
Oracle said:

BiohazarD said:

And then I be like

Ban for hatefull, incitefull posting!!!
UTC +0:00
Oracle
1 June, 2017, 2:07 PM UTC

roadstar Pitbull said:

Oracle said:

Ban for hatefull, incitefull posting!!!

Fine then, I hate Nazis, they are bad cooks. 

nobody
1 June, 2017, 6:23 PM UTC

djmoody said:

nobody said:

"and I tell you a league dies at the day it was made, and is buried at the day its goals where put in place" is the most meaningless statement in the post.  wrong, incorrect, false, inaccurate.  this is a statement of the foundation of the vision and direction of the league.  there are many other variables, but the vision and direction of a top 10 league that lasts years and a league that never gains more than 20 players or breaks the top 500 leagues, then fades away, is the difference.  it is a statement of use of strategy, the thought out vision and direction of those founding the goals of the league.

So when you read that sentence what meaning did you ascribe to it. Because I can tell you at face value it is absolutely meaningless drivel. Maybe you assumed a meaning.

- a league dies the at the day it was made

Clearly garbage as we know league's don't die on the day of their creation. Don't know what more someone can say to point out how stupid that statement is

- and is buried at the day its goals where (sic) put in place

surely the absolute opposite is true, a league with real goals and objective, assuming they are well thought out and rational, it going to do so much better than a league with no goals that simply drifts....

Surely "a league is born on the day it was made and truly grows up/matures at the day its goals were put in place".

I must admit I too have many times found myself wondering whether the Oracle account is one of the greatest trolls of all time. Sometimes seems the most logical conclusion. But in case there is a real person behind it, you end up having to give it the benefit of the doubt.

i took it as a cautionary tale, that the foundation you create at the very beginning determines the path and end result.  as oracle stated later if your goals are bad then the result will be bad. 

your statement is true "surely the absolute opposite is true, a league with real goals and objective, assuming they are well thought out and rational, it going to do so much better than a league with no goals that simply drifts."  and that is the point that i made exactly in my post.

the cautionary tale does not just point to the caution, but, points to the effort and focus needed in order to not become the cautionary tale.  i made the same contrast between the 2 leagues as you did.

"Surely "a league is born on the day it was made and truly grows up/matures at the day its goals were put in place"  yes, if the goals are sound.

the statement that a battle is lost in its conception also states that a battle is won in its conception.  not only is the concept not the most meaningless statement in the thread.  it is one of the most important in all of life.

the op's chosen name is oracle, with that may come ambiguity and an attempt at ambiguous enlightenment statements.  he also stated he combined idioms from 2 different languages.  7 billion people on the planet, my observation,  there are many more cautionary tales than not.

IronApex Turok
2 June, 2017, 7:35 AM UTC

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

English is not my arterial language. I was planning on deleting the thread, and editing in the background and adding more information as I was not done with it, I planned on posting it today. But I lost the internet before I could delete it, and work on it, from now on I will work on word

But thank you for showing some of the eye-hurting-grammatical-howlers. I fixed some of them. Should you see them please notify me by PM, and I will fix them. 

in other words.... you were going to abuse your powers as a moderator to rough draft your posts.   
Anyone can edit their own posts.  That's not just a moderator thing.

no...he is using the post delete tool to take the thread out of view of the public and editing it in the moderators only area where you guys can still see deleted posts. 

i cant do that. 
Oracle
2 June, 2017, 11:19 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

no...he is using the post delete tool to take the thread out of view of the public and editing it in the moderators only area where you guys can still see deleted posts. 

i cant do that. 
There is no moderator only area. And I don't see how  editting my post is an abuse of power.
Gadheras
2 June, 2017, 4:43 PM UTC

To be a bit cheesy, the life of a league/guild etc, is not about the destination, its about the journey. And as with every journey it will run its course eventually.

Also, incremental goals and achievements is a good way to keep your eye on the ball.

djmoody
3 June, 2017, 12:04 AM UTC
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
IronApex Turok
3 June, 2017, 5:14 AM UTC
Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

i cant do that. 
There is no moderator only area. And I don't see how  editting my post is an abuse of power.
are you not the one who told me that moderators can still see deleted posts but regular members cant?
Oracle
3 June, 2017, 1:48 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

i cant do that. 
are you not the one who told me that moderators can still see deleted posts but regular members cant?

Yes, I did. 

I already explained my intentions. I have asked why you think editing my own post is an abuse of power?

Yes moderators can see deleted posted, For as long as they are still in the forum.  
BiohazarD
4 June, 2017, 7:28 PM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

i cant do that. 
He is technically correct, there is no moderator only area for deleted posts.  We see them in the regular threads the same as other posts, except they have a 'deleted' icon next to them. 
IronApex Turok
5 June, 2017, 1:37 AM UTC
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:

i cant do that. 
He is technically correct, there is no moderator only area for deleted posts.  We see them in the regular threads the same as other posts, except they have a 'deleted' icon next to them. 
are you guys able to edit a "deleted" post?
Oracle
5 June, 2017, 11:53 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:  

You are asking to many confidential information. 

You can't edit something that is deleted. You can restore it, it has to be open to be edited. When its deleted we have no option to edit, only restore and link button are available. 

Why do you think editing a post is an abuse of power?
IronApex Turok
7 June, 2017, 4:49 AM UTC
Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

You can't edit something that is deleted. You can restore it, it has to be open to be edited. When its deleted we have no option to edit, only restore and link button are available. 

why do you think that info is too confidential?
BiohazarD
7 June, 2017, 9:54 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

As far as I'm aware, moderator abilities aren't confidential.  To edit a deleted post we have to un-delete it first. 
IronApex Turok
8 June, 2017, 2:15 AM UTC
BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

As far as I'm aware, moderator abilities aren't confidential.  To edit a deleted post we have to un-delete it first. 
then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?   is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?
Skycooldude
8 June, 2017, 3:23 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

BiohazarD said:

IronApex Turok said:

Oracle said:

IronApex Turok said:  

then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?   is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?
yes. If a question can't be answered by his BS post generator, then it is a confidential question.
Oracle
8 June, 2017, 4:03 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

then why would oracle tell me im asking too many confidential questions?  

Question as to how mechanics of the forum work are confidential, Yes they might be immedialtely available to moderators. But they are not available to other members, and they should be kepts secret. I can't for example tell you Skycooldude how many bans you have (or what is your Id, ip ect) . as these is confidential information. 

is there a limit to how many confidential questions im allowed to ask?

Yes. You are further advises not to ask anymore confidential question regarding moderators ability. Including and not limited to weather I have banned and unbanned you 9 times the last 30 min 

Oracle
8 June, 2017, 4:05 PM UTC
Skycooldude said:

yes. If a question can't be answered by his BS post generator, then it is a confidential question.
I am yet to see the invention of such a generator. It will make things a lot easier for you I bet my Lord. 
1721074 users registered; 42505 topics; 271034 posts; our newest member:Castle №11029617