All Categories

Players who give bad advice.

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 16, 2017, 00:1605/16/17
12/22/14

I just thought it might be useful to have a thread to keep an eye on poor advice given by players on the forum. 

If you've been given poor advice by someone, post it on here. 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 16, 2017, 01:4805/16/17
08/03/14

Thomas Brunson

Oracle

They dont have ill intentions. they just post before they fact check what they say. 

most people are generally helpful here. other than the two above, i cant think of many times ive seen just BAD advice on here. 
May 16, 2017, 09:2805/16/17
10/31/14
Moved to Tarven, as it has nothing to do with game discussions. 
May 16, 2017, 17:5905/16/17
10/07/14

ok for bad advice id say you !!!!!!

i would like to start a thread for worst ever mod but i think we both  know you would win that one lol :p

May 16, 2017, 18:0605/16/17
May 16, 2017, 18:13(edited)
07/11/13

Oracle said:

I agree with you Oracle.. it has nothing to do with game discussions.

However, it should be in the Game Tutorials section as those posts deal directly with advice and this topic is directed at locating the bad apples in the advice bucket.

I am requesting that it gets moved to the correct area so that those seeking advice can have forknowledge of where to not go for advice.

Request DENIED

unsubstantial reasons provided. 

Oracle

May 16, 2017, 18:2605/16/17
10/31/14

The worst advice I ever got was to from a player who saw a question and didn't respond. saw people responding, and rubbish them for telling lies.( they never expalin why you are wrong, or what is right) They log into the forum but never answer question, only bash plarium for updates, troll each other ect. They never visit pages where question are asked. Never answer them, but are quick to judge someone answer. 

They are always silently right about any matter, so they never answer questions.Those player will tell you BG are broken, why, ''no respond''. 50 K raids is possible, How? ''no respond''. 

They silently wait to cheer at someone answer, following important members( like DJ), and quoting their answers to question with, ''you are right.'' They never expand or contribute anything. 

May 16, 2017, 18:4005/16/17
07/11/13

Oracle said:

The worst advice I ever got was to from a player who saw a question and didn't respond. saw people responding, and rubbish them for telling lies.( they never expalin why you are wrong, or what is right) They log into the forum but never answer question, only bash plarium for updates, troll each other ect. They never visit pages where question are asked. Never answer them, but are quick to judge someone answer. 

They are always silently right about any matter, so they never answer questions.Those player will tell you BG are broken, why, ''no respond''. 50 K raids is possible, How? ''no respond''. 

They silently wait to cheer at someone answer, following important members( like DJ), and quoting their answers to question with, ''you are right.'' They never expand or contribute anything. 

They never visit pages where question are asked

Followed by:

Never answer them, but are quick to judge someone answer

So they judge people's answers on pages they never visit???

Also, some answers cannot be given out, such as the BG trick or other tricks that benefit the few who spent the time to gather the research to come to the trick.

May 16, 2017, 20:4505/16/17
12/18/14

Oracle said:

I have seen many offer good advice after stating the advice given is in fact wrong - Players need to join a decent league to learn the game basics and ask questions otherwise they will never learn, if I had tried to learn the game from the forums I never would have gotten anywhere in this game

Information obtained in regards to BG was learned from certain players/leagues who have agreed that it won't be shared but we are still able to give some advice on how to approach them even if they are not privy to the "trick" knowledge

If someone like DJ answers a question he is very knowledgeable so why would we need to add anything further to his advice?  I learned by joining a league with some of the best players and associated myself with some of the best - others should take that advice and move forward :)
May 16, 2017, 21:4405/16/17

Oracle said:

The person that gave you advise needs to be sh*t.
You know nothing about the game

May 17, 2017, 03:1405/17/17
Jezebel said:

Oracle said:

I have seen many offer good advice after stating the advice given is in fact wrong - Players need to join a decent league to learn the game basics and ask questions otherwise they will never learn, if I had tried to learn the game from the forums I never would have gotten anywhere in this game

Information obtained in regards to BG was learned from certain players/leagues who have agreed that it won't be shared but we are still able to give some advice on how to approach them even if they are not privy to the "trick" knowledge

If someone like DJ answers a question he is very knowledgeable so why would we need to add anything further to his advice?  I learned by joining a league with some of the best players and associated myself with some of the best - others should take that advice and move forward :)
Best advice ever. Join a good league, listen, and learn. Fullstop
May 17, 2017, 05:5905/17/17
12/18/14
Trentos said:

Jezebel said:

Oracle said:

Best advice ever. Join a good league, listen, and learn. Fullstop
Good advice!! Yup Trentos I agreed with you on something now that is utterly amazing!!
May 17, 2017, 06:5605/17/17

I'm not all that surprised Jezebel. We probably agree on more than you think. 

I think the only thing we don't agree on is the behaviour of some in the forums. There is a VERY fine line between flaming and trolling. In fact, I consider them the same thing, unless the parties involved are willing to debate a point maturely. If they are willing, then flame away :-)
May 17, 2017, 22:2705/17/17
08/03/14
Oracle said:

DJMoody gets quoted a lot for a reason. 
May 17, 2017, 22:3105/17/17
12/18/14
Limad said:

Skycooldude said:

Oracle said:

I agree with you Oracle.. it has nothing to do with game discussions.

However, it should be in the Game Tutorials section as those posts deal directly with advice and this topic is directed at locating the bad apples in the advice bucket.

I am requesting that it gets moved to the correct area so that those seeking advice can have forknowledge of where to not go for advice.

Request DENIED

unsubstantial reasons provided. 

Oracle

Maybe we could flip this around and have a thread in the Tutorials section about players who are known to give good advice. 
great idea!!! could we ban certain people from it??? 
May 18, 2017, 00:3205/18/17
12/18/14

I still maintain the best advice is to join a league with active leadership that knows aspects of the game that is willing to spend the time to help their members.

It's the way I learned - the forums are not used enough for noobs to learn properly
May 18, 2017, 06:0705/18/17
08/03/14
it took me a year or more to make my way to the forums
May 19, 2017, 02:2005/19/17
10/21/14
Limad said:

I dunno, it's just an idea. There's 17 pages of folks on the free sapphire thread. It would be nice to get a few more folks on here, even if we're on different servers. If the home page had a better "things you need to know" section or something like that. Or a thread watched by players who are good at certain aspects of the game and might be willing to give up a bit of their time to give advice.
Lets get our guys on the forums. I'm sure they would love to chat