This topic is closed

The Hamlet deficiency

24 Replies
BiohazarD
21 May, 2017, 1:57 AM UTC

RandomDrop said:

I used to play them daily for the free easy rewards and this is how it worked.

You can hit hamlets occupied by a player that is within 10 levels of you until you reach 70 then the ceiling drops out and you can only see hamlets occupied by level 70 and up at that point.

I don't think it is tiered, its a linear scale as far as I remember.

Holding a hamlet for more than 1 hour needs to be FOV that gives "thousands" of sapphires as has been suggested many times. It still wont be playable but some people may want to try.

Thanks for the info about visibility. 

I don't know about thousands of sapphires per hour (that's probably a bit excessive), but it would certainly help if they were scaled so that the longer you hold it the higher the collection rate.  It would give some incentive for people to actually defend them instead of just sending a few units at a time every few minutes. 
UTC +0:00
RandomDrop
21 May, 2017, 1:59 AM UTC
BiohazarD said:

RandomDrop said:

I used to play them daily for the free easy rewards and this is how it worked.

You can hit hamlets occupied by a player that is within 10 levels of you until you reach 70 then the ceiling drops out and you can only see hamlets occupied by level 70 and up at that point.

I don't think it is tiered, its a linear scale as far as I remember.

Holding a hamlet for more than 1 hour needs to be FOV that gives "thousands" of sapphires as has been suggested many times. It still wont be playable but some people may want to try.

Thanks for the info about visibility. 

I don't know about thousands of sapphires per hour (that's probably a bit excessive), but it would certainly help if they were scaled so that the longer you hold it the higher the collection rate.  It would give some incentive for people to actually defend them instead of just sending a few units at a time every few minutes. 
Your right, it would need to scale pretty hard tho. As of now its just thousands of lines of code eating up bandwith that is completly useless.
UTC +7:00
Tamerin
21 May, 2017, 7:51 PM UTC

Hamlets are nothing more than PVP traps.  Hell That's what I use them for.  I expect them to get hit within minutes of loading them so I will load them with a mass of cannon fodder.  Then when someone attacks it.  OH well I lost a couple hundred dwarves and archers but killed a nice sum of wyvern paladins drags, seeker, pathfinders, etc. when someone slaps it.  Thus pvp points as well as they are great for using to get your troop points both on the league daily and personal daily quest.

I never ever expect to hold a hamlet same as I never ever expected to hold a settlement.  Though settlements were a little better before they became hamlets.

But even back then they were controversial you could get better resources from just raiding.  Only good settlements were the sapphire and the amulet ones but even they were not worth the effort when if you properly work your mara's altar you can maximize your output in less time as it would take to gather from a settlement.

Hamlets (PVP troop killer traps GOOD FOR THIS ONLY)  but don't whine when you lose troops.  Use them to bait people.

Tamerin

Tamerin33
BiohazarD
22 May, 2017, 7:54 AM UTC

Tamerin said:

Hamlets are nothing more than PVP traps.  Hell That's what I use them for.  I expect them to get hit within minutes of loading them so I will load them with a mass of cannon fodder.  Then when someone attacks it.  OH well I lost a couple hundred dwarves and archers but killed a nice sum of wyvern paladins drags, seeker, pathfinders, etc. when someone slaps it.  Thus pvp points as well as they are great for using to get your troop points both on the league daily and personal daily quest.

I never ever expect to hold a hamlet same as I never ever expected to hold a settlement.  Though settlements were a little better before they became hamlets.

But even back then they were controversial you could get better resources from just raiding.  Only good settlements were the sapphire and the amulet ones but even they were not worth the effort when if you properly work your mara's altar you can maximize your output in less time as it would take to gather from a settlement.

Hamlets (PVP troop killer traps GOOD FOR THIS ONLY)  but don't whine when you lose troops.  Use them to bait people.

Tamerin

True settlements were never easy to hold either, but at least you could do it with just one unit so if somebody hits it you don't lose much. 

As for pvp, most of the time the only one getting points is the attacker.  If you have 100k defense on a hamlet (about 2000 infantry) and somebody hits it with 200 mil offense, they probably won't even lose any units because of the outnumbering mechanic. 
Tamerin
22 May, 2017, 9:00 PM UTC

true but either way gives some pvp for the pvp challenge and the troop daily one. in point values

Tamerin33
1667599 users registered; 34023 topics; 253969 posts; our newest member:ibra.ali.313