All Categories

Enquiry into purchases (special offers)

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 12, 2017, 19:1305/12/17
04/28/15

Anyone noticed if you spend an amount like $99, then that is pretty much all the offers your going to get for specials. A while back I wanted a second discovery queue. Being a bit tipsy at the time I didnt notice I was spending $99 for the pack it came in. I thought I was getting the $9.99 pack. Well long story short, now all Plarium will offer me is $50 and up packs. Even the weekend special deal packs are never under $50. 

I have some friends who I help out at times and they help me out also so I know what other players are being offered. My "special" deal this weekend is 24,700 sapphires package for $50 while others are being offered 10,200 for $9.99. Needless to say, I wont be spending this weekend or anytime for the next few months.

Yet maybe a moderator can answer a question here. How long do you have to go without spending before Plarium resets the offers it give to you and I can start receiving the $10 offers again. A few sapphires here and there really helps the game play out a lot but I wont be spending another cent until I start getting offers like others get. (I use to buy 3 $10 packs a weekend but in the last two months I spent hardly anything on the game because I dont like being forced to buy only the higher $$$ packs and I wont spend until it is reset)
Views
Comments
Comments
May 12, 2017, 19:2905/12/17
May 12, 2017, 19:29(edited)
10/31/14

I saved you from and automatic ban. Your tittle seemed to be rallying players to stop spending. I edited it. 

To answer your question now. Special offers ciculate, the longer you spend without buying the better your offers become. 

''The offers circulate with time, You spend 9$, the price of offer goes up, within 31 days it goes back down, and you receive the same offer again. But if you spend, the package goes up from 19$ to 45$, you spend again, it goes to 99$, until it stops at 330$*( they could be more, but that how far I know)

Fabulous things happen at 330$, so you will likely keep spending at that rate, for a long time( The packages are very good).

Most players, spend 9$ per month on special offers. If you need to spend more money then wait for a time of unlimited purchase special offers. When you can buy the same offer as many times as you want, these happened last year during Plarium BD.''

May 12, 2017, 19:3005/12/17
03/22/16
Rooster said:

Anyone noticed if you spend an amount like $99, then that is pretty much all the offers your going to get for specials. A while back I wanted a second discovery queue. Being a bit tipsy at the time I didnt notice I was spending $99 for the pack it came in. I thought I was getting the $9.99 pack. Well long story short, now all Plarium will offer me is $50 and up packs. Even the weekend special deal packs are never under $50. 

I have some friends who I help out at times and they help me out also so I know what other players are being offered. My "special" deal this weekend is 24,700 sapphires package for $50 while others are being offered 10,200 for $9.99. Needless to say, I wont be spending this weekend or anytime for the next few months.

Yet maybe a moderator can answer a question here. How long do you have to go without spending before Plarium resets the offers it give to you and I can start receiving the $10 offers again. A few sapphires here and there really helps the game play out a lot but I wont be spending another cent until I start getting offers like others get. (I use to buy 3 $10 packs a weekend but in the last two months I spent hardly anything on the game because I dont like being forced to buy only the higher $$$ packs and I wont spend until it is reset)
The answer is your offers are computer generated. The time it takes varies according to your buying history but the more you spend the less lower dollar deals you get. The objective is to get you to spend money. If you do not spend eventually the offers will change. The time factor varies by player.
May 12, 2017, 21:0405/12/17
04/28/15
Thanks from saving me from an auto ban. Wasnt my intent to rally anyone to do anything. Also thanks for the info. Hopefully in a few months I can start spending a lil here and there again when the computer resets me to the $9.99 offers again. 
May 12, 2017, 22:4105/12/17
07/25/15

Rooster said:

Thanks from saving me from an auto ban. Wasnt my intent to rally anyone to do anything. Also thanks for the info. Hopefully in a few months I can start spending a lil here and there again when the computer resets me to the $9.99 offers again. 

If you spend, they got no reason to give you a good offer. Good offers just given to those that spend very little, or nothing. Once you accept a good offer, it take months before you get a real good one again. In that time, you just cant spend any meanwhile.

Rather than reward customer loyality. Plarium penalize you 
BiohazarDModerator
May 13, 2017, 09:4905/13/17
10/04/13
brunsonthomas said:

Rooster said:

The answer is your offers are computer generated. The time it takes varies according to your buying history but the more you spend the less lower dollar deals you get. The objective is to get you to spend money. If you do not spend eventually the offers will change. The time factor varies by player.
The % discount also changes.  Those who spend less frequently get higher discounts (80-90%) while those who spend more frequently get lower discounts (50-60%).  This is probably to encourage players who might otherwise not spend any money to at least throw in a few dollars. 
May 13, 2017, 15:4205/13/17
May 15, 2017, 15:51(edited)

Gadheras said:

Rooster said:

If you spend, they got no reason to give you a good offer. Good offers just given to those that spend very little, or nothing. Once you accept a good offer, it take months before you get a real good one again. In that time, you just cant spend any meanwhile.

yeah lets reward people who spend hundreds and thousands of $ by giving them great offers, your a f***ng genius dude.

I actually agree with Plarium on this one thought, you keep spending $= less good deals= GOOD THING

at least its fair and in a way discourages coining for some people
BiohazarDModerator
May 13, 2017, 19:2605/13/17
10/04/13
Solidarius said:

Gadheras said:

Rooster said:

yeah lets reward people who spend hundreds and thousands of $ by giving them great offers, your a fucking genius dude.

I actually agree with Plarium on this one thought, you keep spending $= less good deals= GOOD THING

I don't think plarium's goal is to discourage coining :P  But I agree, it does make the mega coiners slightly less overpowered. 
May 14, 2017, 07:1205/14/17

I am pretty sure their goal is to max profits and make a good game( one can hope and dream)

but yeah... mega coiners are not the ones I am talking about... I read somewhere about the vip/ you spend 300+ you get good offers, I am mostly talking about middle class here... I know I fell for it when I first started playing spent $10-20 then $50, but once it got to the $99 Its what helped me "learn my lesson"... no offence to stormfall but theres like 10,000 great games on steam I could get for 99$

my tip: play the game, dont let it play you.

May 15, 2017, 12:4705/15/17
03/01/16

Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels.  

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm.  

May 15, 2017, 13:0105/15/17
07/25/15
Eugenia Misura said:

Special Offers appear according to a set algorithm which is constantly evolving. Several departments work on the development of that algorithm and they rely on analytics data, marketing research and other information they receive through their research channels.  

You can receive a cheap or an expensive Special Offer, and it is chosen by that algorithm.  

You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig. Call it algorithms all you want, but the fact is. If you dont spend, you get good offers. If you do then take the offer, or spend outside the good offer, you won't recieve any good offer. until you stop spend again for a long time.
May 15, 2017, 13:4605/15/17
May 15, 2017, 13:48(edited)
12/18/14

Here is a better idea - how about making ALL offers the same for everyone - if massive coiner A buys a 9.99 pkg and moderate spender B buys a 9.99 pkg they get the SAME - and limit how many they can buy - so if massive coiner wants 3 go for it - if moderate spender wants 1 okay they get one - fair and equal opportunity for the masses

Stop punishing your customers by charging MORE when they spend money but make the offers static across the board so everyone has the SAME opportunity at a decent pkg without it costing them $100 for pixels

This creates balance
May 15, 2017, 15:3905/15/17
May 15, 2017, 15:50(edited)
07/25/15
Solidarius said:

Gadheras said:

Rooster said:

yeah lets reward people who spend hundreds and thousands of $ by giving them great offers, your a f***g genius dude.

Rather rude little man aint you. I didn't say reward people for spending a certain amount. I'm just inclined to think that reward your customers for spending, is good way to get them to spend more. If you a loyal customer that keep sink in a bit now and then, why not reward them for being a loyal customer? Big coiners will coin regardless, nothing you can do about that. Unless you at some financial position you can compete with them. 
May 15, 2017, 16:5105/15/17
May 15, 2017, 16:59(edited)

you already get rewards for spending they even got the bonus program now + the heavy advantages you get even something decent like $100 on this game with a few good offers gets you everything you need to succeed. 

its not a secret this game is pay 2 win, not saying that free-2play can not do anything because I consider myself free2play even though I spend very little.

I just hate it when people b***h about not geting good offers because a league mate or friend or something else got one because they dont spend $ every time they f***k up and lose their army.

mabey Plarium could introduce a monthly thing or something i dont know, your post did not even include a suggestion, explain to me how they penalize you for being "a loyal customer"... they dont really its just that people get jelous because someone else got offered something they did not.

p.s.  "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." 

May 15, 2017, 18:4005/15/17
07/25/15
Solidarius said:

you already get rewards for spending they even got the bonus program now + the heavy advantages you get even something decent like $100 on this game with a few good offers gets you everything you need to succeed. 

Few good offers will be months apart (which you can't spend anything inbetween, because it would keep a good offer to show up), also what you spend to buy is not a reward, its a purchase you paid for.
May 16, 2017, 17:5505/16/17

you are right.

BiohazarDModerator
May 17, 2017, 00:3205/17/17
May 17, 2017, 00:33(edited)
10/04/13

Solidarius said:

p.s.  "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." 

Try telling that to somebody after they flatten your beacon with 2 billion offense and lose almost nothing doing it ;)

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.