Restore Balance to the Game

Restore Balance to the Game

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
May 9, 2017, 07:0205/09/17
03/20/14
Jezebel said:

not sure if you misunderstood the cost to level a farm from 24 to 25 is 800 sketches which imo is not that much compared to other buildings

Ah, yes a misunderstanding, But how to get those sketches without coining at all?
May 9, 2017, 07:2405/09/17
May 9, 2017, 07:29(edited)
12/18/14

Stewart_KT1 said:

Jezebel said:

not sure if you misunderstood the cost to level a farm from 24 to 25 is 800 sketches which imo is not that much compared to other buildings

Ah, yes a misunderstanding, But how to get those sketches without coining at all?

tournament rewards :) They have given them in tournaments a few times and you can save your saphs earned and purchase the sketches at 30% discount :)

I am pretty sure if I hadn't used them elsewhere I earned enough sketches for all 6 farms from level 20 - 21 by now  (people in bigger leagues would have earned more than me since the sketches have been rewards in league tournaments more than solos) - it would take time but heck I just now got level 12 crystals after 2 1/2 years of game play lol

there are two things that will make me WANT to get points in tournaments lately and that is Whirlwind Dragon Marks and Sketches - I see those and I usually try to get some points

May 9, 2017, 07:3105/09/17
May 9, 2017, 07:31(edited)
12/18/14

oh while we are at it I totally did not mention that the Dragon Stone can also help with food production or give you instant food delivery and its FREE

I never use that feature though
May 9, 2017, 10:3605/09/17
03/20/14

Jezebel said:

oh while we are at it I totally did not mention that the Dragon Stone can also help with food production or give you instant food delivery and its FREE

You have more patience than me on the sketches im afraid.

Unfortunately i do need to use the dragon stone food boost if i want to spend some build speedups on troops. As you cant speedup if you are at minus 100k ph or more.

Although now i will be on level footing as i only have 5 1day boosts left, I used up over 700 of them from when i was spending more.
May 9, 2017, 17:1205/09/17
12/18/14
Stewart_KT1 said:

Jezebel said:

You have more patience than me on the sketches im afraid.

Unfortunately i do need to use the dragon stone food boost if i want to spend some build speedups on troops. As you cant speedup if you are at minus 100k ph or more.

Although now i will be on level footing as i only have 5 1day boosts left, I used up over 700 of them from when i was spending more.
oh never thought of that either lol but 2 lovars, 25% boost and a 50% food consumption reduction used to do it for me with level 20 farms but I haven't tried for a while I use my boosts during development tournaments since everything I have takes way longer than the 2 or 3 days they run them for
May 9, 2017, 18:0705/09/17
07/25/15
Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Jezebel said:

BeastMaster said:

Providing a solution to balance that requires people to level multiple building to lvl 25 is a bit of a contradiction, surely?

It might be normal for you but it's not for the rest of us.
This can be done without coining so yes its a better solution than continuing to let the big spenders control the game
We should run a poll for that - see how many non-coiners have lvl 25 farms and catacombs. I would be expecting slighly different results than you I think.

Farms can easily be upgraded without coining they aren't expensive - if people are playing and earning saphs they CAN get the upgrades without coining - I suppose it would be a priority thing for most just like the craftsman when you first start playing you save your saphs for them - Catacombs are quite a bit more pricey but again I suppose it would all depend on what you think is a priority in your castle

Level 25 farm upgrade = 800 sketches 

I personally don't have all farms to level 21 yet as I don't have to and chose to upgrade my catacombs instead
Problem is, you can get sapphires from tournaments etc. but tbh, the rewards to bad. Why would I even want to do those awfull things when I get set back weeks and more in troop numbers, due to the god awfull time it take to train units. Faster unit training would help close the gap between big coiners and the rest. Issue is, Plarium doesn't want too, because it would make us able to take part in more tournaments more often. But they doesn't benefit from us win more sapphires do they?
only true if they also penalized the build times of someone with a huge army and slowed their build times, coiners raid and build also so you could never keep up if they could train their troops even faster
Its the recovery after absolute defat or losing big that is the crux for faster unit build time. Because it decide when you can do something worth the while in the game again. Coiners and big hammers will always be there regardless. What do I care if a hammer is 1b, 2b, 3b or whatever? I can't do much about that. 
May 9, 2017, 18:5205/09/17
12/18/14
djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

Its the recovery after absolute defat or losing big that is the crux for faster unit build time. Because it decide when you can do something worth the while in the game again. Coiners and big hammers will always be there regardless. What do I care if a hammer is 1b, 2b, 3b or whatever? I can't do much about that. 

For me it's the other way around.

Because Plarium allow direct purchase of end game - infinite troops, immediately. The 1b,2b, 3b hammers mean you will never be able to achieve something worthwhile in the game. The speed of rebuild is kind of irrelevant, because the gap between real players and coiners is simply too huge.

It is never going to change here thought, because the whole business model for Stormfall is simply to catch 'whales' and make easy money.

agree totally with that
May 10, 2017, 01:1905/10/17
07/25/15

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

Because Plarium allow direct purchase of end game - infinite troops, immediately. The 1b,2b, 3b hammers mean you will never be able to achieve something worthwhile in the game. The speed of rebuild is kind of irrelevant, because the gap between real players and coiners is simply too huge.

It is never going to change here thought, because the whole business model for Stormfall is simply to catch 'whales' and make easy money.

agree totally with that

The easy solution is.... hey there is a lot of other games out there -)

May 10, 2017, 09:0105/10/17
12/18/14
Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

unfortunately I have spent 2 1/2 years playing what used to be a great game - its kind of hard to let go after putting so much work into it
May 10, 2017, 10:2105/10/17
07/25/15
Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

unfortunately I have spent 2 1/2 years playing what used to be a great game - its kind of hard to let go after putting so much work into it
Well, I play a lot of games. After a while, you start play one game less than others, and one day you find yourself not logged into some game for a very log time. How much you spent on this game after 2 and a half year?
May 10, 2017, 16:4105/10/17
12/18/14
Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

Well, I play a lot of games. After a while, you start play one game less than others, and one day you find yourself not logged into some game for a very log time. How much you spent on this game after 2 and a half year?
It not money its TIME I have logged daily and built my castle I raided every day and worked to build an army - I spent some - not as much as others I would rather use my money on things that will benefit me in real life - spending on a game that's your entertainment is not really an issue is it?  Everyone spends money on entertainment -  HOWEVER those that spend enough to feed a family of 5 for a year need to get their heads examined - USE THIS MONEY FOR GOOD SOMEWHERE
May 10, 2017, 18:4605/10/17
03/22/16
Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

It not money its TIME I have logged daily and built my castle I raided every day and worked to build an army - I spent some - not as much as others I would rather use my money on things that will benefit me in real life - spending on a game that's your entertainment is not really an issue is it?  Everyone spends money on entertainment -  HOWEVER those that spend enough to feed a family of 5 for a year need to get their heads examined - USE THIS MONEY FOR GOOD SOMEWHERE
Not everyone makes the same income. Some of us struggle to make ends meet while others have plenty to spend on anything. This is their chosen form of entertainment and Plarium enjoys the profits of the ones who have plenty to spend and the rest of us have a game we play for enjoyment not spending fortunes we do not wish to waste on this game.
May 10, 2017, 18:5205/10/17
07/25/15
brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

Not everyone makes the same income. Some of us struggle to make ends meet while others have plenty to spend on anything. This is their chosen form of entertainment and Plarium enjoys the profits of the ones who have plenty to spend and the rest of us have a game we play for enjoyment not spending fortunes we do not wish to waste on this game.
It does create a caste system of the haves and the have nots. And where the later can't really compete with the former, and yet that is how the game is laid out. 
BiohazarDModerator
May 12, 2017, 07:1905/12/17
10/04/13

brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

One of the main reasons this is a problem is the outnumbering mechanics.  If you get a big enough army, the game lets you kill smaller armies for almost no losses.  So if a 3 billion hammer hits a beacon with 20 million defense on it, the hammer won't lose close to 20 million offense, it will lose maybe 1-2 million.  This means that smaller leagues can't even wear down the big spenders, they just get squashed. That's why I think there should be some limit on either the amount of offense a player can have, or at least the amount that can be sent in a single attack. 

May 12, 2017, 10:0705/12/17
07/25/15

BiohazarD said:

brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

Jezebel said:

djmoody said:

Gadheras said:

agree totally with that

One of the main reasons this is a problem is the outnumbering mechanics.  If you get a big enough army, the game lets you kill smaller armies for almost no losses.  So if a 3 billion hammer hits a beacon with 20 million defense on it, the hammer won't lose close to 20 million offense, it will lose maybe 1-2 million.  This means that smaller leagues can't even wear down the big spenders, they just get squashed. That's why I think there should be some limit on either the amount of offense a player can have, or at least the amount that can be sent in a single attack. 

Wouldn't it be nice, if you had to have a "food upkeep" to send your army out. No armies march on empty stomachs after all :p So the more units you send the more food you need to send with them. I guess something Plarium could benefit from as well. If you had to buy food packs to even send your army out. Or an army of a certain size. 

May 12, 2017, 13:1805/12/17
May 13, 2017, 00:43(edited)
12/13/14

BiohazarD said:

This is the result of inadequate or non-existent Force Limits

Every Castle, Hamlet, Settlement, Beacon and Fortress should have a meaningful Force Limit - It should never be possible to send 3 billion

You should be aware that the Force Limit on Pirate Beacons is only 100k but on Stormfall there is NO LIMIT

http://prntscr.com/f77qnb

All Stormfall Castles have a 250k Force Limit, but that is also insane
How can they justify the same limit for all castles?
Smaller castles should have a much smaller Force Limit - http://prntscr.com/f70b5j

How does this work in other games? .... and why should Stormfall be different??

May 12, 2017, 20:3105/12/17
03/22/16
djmoody said:

As a game leveller I suggested a mechanic where league strikes could be have more than 3 members.

BUT as you add more members an increasingly putative cap should apply to the league strike.

This would allow smaller leagues to strike with meaningful hammers while not allowing the uber hammers to get any bigger. I quite like this balance method. Leveling the playing field by letting more people have a chance at launching a major attack. Effectively closing the gap between the biggest and normal sized hammers.

I posted a lot more about the idea in a thread to a CM but it got totally ignored because its a cracking and amazing idea.

Did you send it as a Suggestion so it could be sent to the developers? If not please submit as a Suggestion this might be a good thing.
BiohazarDModerator
May 13, 2017, 19:4105/13/17
10/04/13

djmoody said:

As a game leveller I suggested a mechanic where league strikes could be have more than 3 members.

BUT as you add more members an increasingly putative cap should apply to the league strike.

This would allow smaller leagues to strike with meaningful hammers while not allowing the uber hammers to get any bigger. I quite like this balance method. Leveling the playing field by letting more people have a chance at launching a major attack. Effectively closing the gap between the biggest and normal sized hammers.

I posted a lot more about the idea in a thread to a CM but it got totally ignored because its a cracking and amazing idea.

A cap?   Noooooooo.  Then I'll never achieve my dream of sending a 10 million pikeman raid :O

But seriously, this does sound like a good idea (it just needs some refining). 
May 14, 2017, 08:5105/14/17
01/11/16

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

It has already been discussed on forum. We will not reverse the update which happened 2 years ago :) It's a step forward for our game, and we want to see more epic battles.

I think Plarium wants to see epic wallets. Events dont gve troops back for losses taken. They give occult troops only out for reward. The horrible heat events and some xp events give a few bestiary troops but pointless.

Event are misleading that your getting rewarded to participate but thats the scandel to convince you, you need to spend. As they spam you with spending money everytime you login to game. Its just a self promotion to developers.

All the epic wallets they seen already makes them want to make more updates. The "influence "  in game could be the scam its self but what do I know. I dont work for this company.

May 14, 2017, 09:1605/14/17
10/21/14
djmoody said:

Gives a good way for everyone to still enjoy hitting beacons :) Even if takes 10 people in a single attack. I like where this idea could go in the future
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.