All Categories

Bot castle nerf

Bot castle nerf

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
May 1, 2017, 08:2805/01/17
04/12/16

Bot castle nerf

Now that resources at bot castles have been nerfed I find my self spending less time in the game since there is nothing to do. I just raid a few bots close by for 20k and log out, since it is not possible to find good raids even if I look trough the whole map.

This is going to make it impossible for new players to grow by spening time in the game. How can you compeat with players who raided 100k raid 10 times every day for years. In most games the developer have enough economic sence to creat some sort of inflation her it is deflation so like in every economy deflation is bad. No chance for the new player, would not recomand anyone to start playing this game now, would bee to expencive even to get a mediocer army.
Views
Comments
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
May 1, 2017, 09:4905/01/17
10/04/13
tissetass said:

Now that resources at bot castles have been nerfed I find my self spending less time in the game since there is nothing to do. I just raid a few bots close by for 20k and log out, since it is not possible to find good raids even if I look trough the whole map.

This is going to make it impossible for new players to grow by spening time in the game. How can you compeat with players who raided 100k raid 10 times every day for years. In most games the developer have enough economic sence to creat some sort of inflation her it is deflation so like in every economy deflation is bad. No chance for the new player, would not recomand anyone to start playing this game now, would bee to expencive even to get a mediocer army.
You do realize that the bot castles aren't actually supposed to be in the game, and plarium is trying to get rid of them, right?  Besides, most of the people with big armies got them through spending money, not raiding.  You're perfectly welcome to use the same tactic if you choose to. 
May 1, 2017, 10:5405/01/17
10/31/14

tissetass said:

If I understand correctly you are speaking of bots in S2. I don't know what happened, but somewhere between may, and sep, those said Bots went inactive. and latter on their production dropped dramatically, that a raids return in 20K max, with 19K food. 

If you were to do a 100K raid it will return with 70-90K food. Gold and iron production are also very low. The gold and iron rarely peaks above 40K. most being between 7-23K when spying. 

Given how many bots they are there, I will advice that you raid active players, because inactive cattle will yield similar result. But be careful most of those players are have over 15 mil defense from raiding when bots where active. 

Good luck. 

May 1, 2017, 18:4005/01/17
04/12/16
Those bot lines with name like asmfj34 is ofcourse made by plarium they been around for a long time. Yes there are other bots as well that is not ran by plarium but they are hidden better. They were made to make it easyer for new players to get resourses and trops and that is a good thing, we need new players to feel that they can suceed in this game if they invest some time in to it.
May 1, 2017, 18:5605/01/17
03/22/16

tissetass said:

Those bot lines with name like asmfj34 is ofcourse made by plarium they been around for a long time. Yes there are other bots as well that is not ran by plarium but they are hidden better. They were made to make it easyer for new players to get resourses and trops and that is a good thing, we need new players to feel that they can suceed in this game if they invest some time in to it.

I do not know where you are getting your information but bots were not created by Plarium. They should be reported to Support at https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.  There are many more inactive castles that are closer and often easier to spy, raid or siege than the bots are. Look around you and you will probably find sufficient number of castles to support you for resources without needing the bot fields.

May 1, 2017, 23:3005/01/17
08/03/14

tissetass said:

they arent made by plarium. 

they are made by a former plarium game designer who developed a third party app to work inside of the browser code.   you buy the app, download it, then run it to create cloned castles.  you can operate all of your clones at once with an auto click function. 

a few months back, i think the clone developer figured out how to hide the clones from being online, so that they went "inactive" when the game looked at them.  plarium figured out how to fight that part of their code and they all came back online but with oberons protections.

the resources in their castles arent nerfed.... most players figured out that constantly building archers was the best use of resources in those castles, so that have the auto click set up to automatically cue troops and send them to their main castles (see Scarlet's post about hitting a castle with 20k archers inside, then all of his bots hit the leader board in the PvP rankings)

the bot lines that arent owned by players who bought the App are owned by Master, another former Plarium employee who used to work in tech support at the Kharkiv office of plarium.   instead of selling the app to other uses, Master just uses hundreds of bots to produce resources and sell them in game to players who need them. 

i havent gotten a mail offer from master in some time....as i live near master and could report her to local authorities and i think she avoids me now -  but i believe she has started to offer defensive reinforcements as well. 

it took a lot of digging and research to get to the bottom of all of this. Ive turned in as much info as i can get to plarium but they either refuse to do anything major, or they arent sure how to stop it.

bottom line is, bots arent designed by plarium for player use. they are the result of hacking.
BiohazarDModerator
May 2, 2017, 00:5605/02/17
10/04/13

IronApex Turok said:

tissetass said:

they arent made by plarium. 

they are made by a former plarium game designer who developed a third party app to work inside of the browser code.   you buy the app, download it, then run it to create cloned castles.  you can operate all of your clones at once with an auto click function. 

a few months back, i think the clone developer figured out how to hide the clones from being online, so that they went "inactive" when the game looked at them.  plarium figured out how to fight that part of their code and they all came back online but with oberons protections.

the resources in their castles arent nerfed.... most players figured out that constantly building archers was the best use of resources in those castles, so that have the auto click set up to automatically cue troops and send them to their main castles (see Scarlet's post about hitting a castle with 20k archers inside, then all of his bots hit the leader board in the PvP rankings)

the bot lines that arent owned by players who bought the App are owned by Master, another former Plarium employee who used to work in tech support at the Kharkiv office of plarium.   instead of selling the app to other uses, Master just uses hundreds of bots to produce resources and sell them in game to players who need them. 

i havent gotten a mail offer from master in some time....as i live near master and could report her to local authorities and i think she avoids me now -  but i believe she has started to offer defensive reinforcements as well. 

it took a lot of digging and research to get to the bottom of all of this. Ive turned in as much info as i can get to plarium but they either refuse to do anything major, or they arent sure how to stop it.

bottom line is, bots arent designed by plarium for player use. they are the result of hacking.

I don't think the bots on bot lines are being run by different people.  They all seem to have similar behavior, so I'd guess that they're all being run by one person. 

If the person running the master account is an experienced programmer I'm sure they know how to use a proxy, so whatever address you think you have is probably incorrect. 

But yes, the bots are not created by or approved by plarium. 
May 2, 2017, 12:4605/02/17
10/31/14

The cattle arrangement shows something

First they show that a script is being run, something simple yet very effective like mouse-keyb recorder. 

second they show that more than one computer are used. These can be seen when you spy those said bots with similar cattle arrangement. The script is also arranged in sequence. Log in 1 build X archers, Log off 1 log into 2, repeat 3 ect. So they must be a sequence. a behavior that is continuous( not repeatative ), but by looking at the cattle arrangement of bots, more that 5 scripts must be running at the same time from one computer, possible using multiple VPN.

So I rule out that 'one person operating the whole bots''. He will need immerse resources. 

Then they are other name that appear almost at similar frequency. 

Scot/ Scott
unknown ranger
Nuge,.. gel... 

Those above must be runned by players. I am not sure what is their purpose. The unknown ranger cattle seem to level up alone, then join a league. then goes inactive. The guests account, and Nuge.. Gel.. must be cattle sellers. 

The must be more bots out there. A solution to deal with all. Like a mass ban is needed. A one bullet kill and Plarium is working on it. 

May 2, 2017, 13:2205/02/17
12/13/14

Some bots are better than others - this one has full warehouses and empty barns

Just keep searching

BiohazarDModerator
May 3, 2017, 03:5205/03/17
10/04/13

Oracle said:

First they show that a script is being run, something simple yet very effective like mouse-keyb recorder. 

second they show that more than one computer are used. These can be seen when you spy those said bots with similar cattle arrangement. The script is also arranged in sequence. Log in 1 build X archers, Log off 1 log into 2, repeat 3 ect. So they must be a sequence. a behavior that is continuous( not repeatative ), but by looking at the cattle arrangement of bots, more that 5 scripts must be running at the same time from one computer, possible using multiple VPN.

So I rule out that 'one person operating the whole bots''. He will need immerse resources. 

Scot/ Scott
unknown ranger
Nuge,.. gel... 

Those above must be runned by players. I am not sure what is their purpose. The unknown ranger cattle seem to level up alone, then join a league. then goes inactive. The guests account, and Nuge.. Gel.. must be cattle sellers. 

The must be more bots out there. A solution to deal with all. Like a mass ban is needed. A one bullet kill and Plarium is working on it. 

You're assuming that the bot would have to load all the game graphics and click buttons.  It's far more likely that it just sends packets directly to the server without actually running the game.  A single computer could be logged into dozens or hundreds of accounts simultaneously this way. 

I agree that a solution to automatically identify and ban bot accounts is needed, there are just too many for support to investigate and ban them one at a time. 
May 3, 2017, 11:4005/03/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Oracle said:

Scot/ Scott
unknown ranger
Nuge,.. gel... 

You're assuming that the bot would have to load all the game graphics and click buttons.  It's far more likely that it just sends packets directly to the server without actually running the game.  A single computer could be logged into dozens or hundreds of accounts simultaneously this way. 

I agree that a solution to automatically identify and ban bot accounts is needed, there are just too many for support to investigate and ban them one at a time. 
imho, its the login between sessions that is the key to deal with this. But Plarium haven't been willing to listen in regards of this, so can only assume Plarium doesn't mind bots and regard it asa game content, which if so is awfull.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
May 3, 2017, 12:2205/03/17
09/17/15
We do not "nerf" any Castles. If y=they produce less, it means that they are either inactive, or actively spending what they produce.
May 9, 2017, 14:4605/09/17
06/13/14
Oracle said:

Scot/ Scott
unknown ranger
Nuge,.. gel... 

Do you really have to ruin every post with your nonsense?
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.