How are Moderators chosen?

144 Replies
Oracle
11 May, 2017, 10:35 AM UTC

Just a comparison

A very important thread

Impressive number of views, per replies. 

Check these recruiting threads.

In less that a short time , those thread generated, half of the the views generated by the important, and pinned thread.

Now check these thread. 

Numbers tells a lot. 119 replies, but less than a thousand views.  
Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
UTC +2:00
Skycooldude
11 May, 2017, 1:19 PM UTC

Oracle said:

Just a comparison

A very important thread

In less that a short time , those thread generated, half of the the views generated by the important, and pinned thread.

Now check these thread. 

#1.. the first post is pinned. Thus it is always on the first page and will thus get more views. Flawed argument.

#2. League threads are much more active than Tavern threads as a whole. Flawed argument.

#3. This thread is the second most viewed thread in the Tavern subthreads. Second only to a post made in July of 2016 which has around 1100 views in 10 months.. or around 110 views on average per month.. but this thread has almost 1000 views in 3 weeks.. This is one of the most active threads that this forum has ever seen.

#4. The assumption that views counts anything toward credibility is absurd. I can put an article up on the web that there is no gravity and have 1 million views on it.. then write an article on 10 reasons why gravity exists and only have 100 views.. The view count does not change the fact however, that gravity exists.
UTC +0:00
roadstar Pitbull
11 May, 2017, 1:39 PM UTC

Context of threads must be considered as a whole.

League threads involve many members and others, while this thread was based upon one individual.

Some have called it "trolling", but posting incorrect or wrong advise and personal opinion as facts should be called out. 

Has it gone overboard?, not in my opinion. 

Those in a 'higher' standing should be held to a higher standard, even volunteers.

Marcel Stokvis
11 May, 2017, 1:53 PM UTC

Trentos said:

"3.15 Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads, etc."

You are posting. I.e. creating a post. Different from creating a thread (minor detail), but it's there in the rules. 

How about you all make up, and let the forums get back to normal. Or is this obsession with moderation of a GAME forum too much to get over for some?

Personally sick of the handful of players destroying OUR forums just because they feel the need to troll mods. There is plenty of other interesting action happening on the server that could be discussed. Just my opinion.

I am surprised you have your own opinion .... did you ask permission?
Weird you were the last player I though would up up elbow deep in those moderators ar... ah well you get the picture :)
They pay good or do you have to pay?

Dutch Viking // Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Marcel Stokvis
11 May, 2017, 1:55 PM UTC

Oracle said:

Just a comparison

A very important thread

Now check these thread. 

As always you are full of sh*t, sky was perfectly on the ball with his debunk of this foolishness.

Btw, most threads in leagues sub forum are closed, wonder why is to blame for that .... "special boy"
Dutch Viking // Sa souvraya niende misain ye
IronApex Turok
11 May, 2017, 7:53 PM UTC
Trentos said:

"3.15 Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads, etc."

You are posting. I.e. creating a post. Different from creating a thread (minor detail), but it's there in the rules. 

im not creating a post, im replying to one. 
Jezebel
11 May, 2017, 8:35 PM UTC

song break!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PErUiAyVoGc

DrFondles
12 May, 2017, 2:36 AM UTC
Oracle said:

Just a comparison

A very important thread

Now check these thread. 

Also still has 4 stars. Should get all those views into more replies for other threads. A lot of people play this game, would like to have more people on the forum discussing everything so we can move forward with game progress :)
Josh/Synergy S3
Trentos
12 May, 2017, 2:51 AM UTC

Marcel Stokvis said:

Trentos said:

How about you all make up, and let the forums get back to normal. Or is this obsession with moderation of a GAME forum too much to get over for some?

Personally sick of the handful of players destroying OUR forums just because they feel the need to troll mods. There is plenty of other interesting action happening on the server that could be discussed. Just my opinion.

I am surprised you have your own opinion .... did you ask permission?
Weird you were the last player I though would up up elbow deep in those moderators ar... ah well you get the picture :)
They pay good or do you have to pay?

I don't need anybody's permission to voice my opinions. As for being elbow deep etc etc, you are missing the whole point here Dutch Viking. 

I do not want animosity with you or others. I am just trying to point out that this mod bashing fad has done the full circle now, and is becoming dull. Surely as a league Captain you have better things to do with the time you have for the game.

I definitely don't make the forum rules (in fact, I've never bothered to read them), but am happy enough to play within them. Just saying, you might have a more relaxed time if you gave it a shot. 
UTC +11:00
Trentos
12 May, 2017, 2:53 AM UTC

"A lot of people play this game, would like to have more people on the forum discussing everything so we can move forward with game progress :)"

Well said DrFondles.

IronApex Turok
13 May, 2017, 1:35 AM UTC

here is why i have been totally opposed to Oracle becoming a mod. at one point in time he was PMing me asking me what game he should play next because of how much he disliked plarium. 

now that he is a mod, he applauds their every move....

thatd be like me signing up to be a mod.... as outspoken as i have been, then all of a sudden being their biggest cheerleader. 

Edit 

Screenshot removed
Don't post private convo with moderators, CM and Oberon without approval. Including members of forums. such post will be deleted. 

Oracle

Jezebel
15 May, 2017, 7:41 PM UTC

As per your request ORACLE in the pm you sent me after you restored my post 

you need to actually consider what you are deleting before doing so - you are not the new forum RULE MAKER  to decide what you think is suitable - you are power tripping see how far this gets you

your judgement of other people is already flawed so you are not able to maintain a neutral perspective on the forums
Oracle
15 May, 2017, 8:10 PM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

here is why i have been totally opposed to Oracle becoming a mod. at one point in time he was PMing me asking me what game he should play next because of how much he disliked plarium. 

thatd be like me signing up to be a mod.... as outspoken as i have been, then all of a sudden being their biggest cheerleader. 

The thread in question was about me being fed up with '' plarium starting Halloween tournament ''. As all members know I am against such tournament. and browse in the archives will result in many such topics. Becoming a moderator doesn't change the fact that I am now in favor of such tournament. 

I have changed largely, after Plarium took a project to transfer Kabaam players into their server, something which Plarium was not liable to do. And I have become a die hard fan of Plarium after they undertook a project to start and App during rumors that ''flash was dying'', and people where leaving the game. 

Probably two more reasons why I become a moderator, Who won't. I have played many games, and trust me, I have much better customer serviced here, so becoming a moderator, for a such a company is a BIG + for

Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.....Gedleyihlekisa: Oracle the postremogeniture
Oracle
15 May, 2017, 8:15 PM UTC

Jezebel said:

you need to actually consider what you are deleting before doing so - you are not the new forum RULE MAKER  to decide what you think is suitable - you are power tripping see how far this gets you

your judgement of other people is already flawed so you are not able to maintain a neutral perspective on the forums

I have not deleted any post, I only restored your post. 

As I have explained, I have got numerous complaints, and I have decided that the thread must not continue in the way it was. 
IronApex Turok
16 May, 2017, 1:37 AM UTC
IronApex Turok said:

Edit 

Screenshot removed
Don't post private convo with moderators, CM and Oberon without approval. Including members of forums. such post will be deleted. 

Oracle

you werent a moderator at the time of that conversation. please restore my post and stop moderating posts about you.
IronApex Turok
16 May, 2017, 1:43 AM UTC

IronApex Turok said:

Edit 

Screenshot removed

Oracle

By the way..... here is the rule.  Why do you keep adding in your own versions of these rules?

3.15 Create posts discussing forum moderation decisions, such as banning, closing forum threads, deleting forum posts / threads, etc. This also includes publicly sharing any private messages from Community Administrators or Moderators regarding disciplinary actions taken towards you. The discussion of forum/group moderation actions generally leads to inflaming the community and trolling Community Administrators and Moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules.

Jezebel
16 May, 2017, 1:45 AM UTC

Oracle said:

Jezebel said:

I have not deleted any post, I only restored your post. 

As I have explained, I have got numerous complaints, and I have decided that the thread must not continue in the way it was. 

you would have had to have deleted it in order to restore it

complaints about MY post that had no offensive references to any one person or league but simply stated that the Leagues thread is used to intimidate our foes, brag about our leagues and recruit?

Trentos
16 May, 2017, 7:24 AM UTC

Personally Jezebel, I didn't think you contribution was needed, and whether or not posts were deleted or not is most likely your fault. Oracle was just trying to keep a rare "Leagues" thread from descending into chaos.

BTW I did not complain to any mods about any posts, but others apparently did
Oracle
16 May, 2017, 7:41 AM UTC

Jezebel said:

complaints about MY post that had no offensive references to any one person or league but simply stated that the Leagues thread is used to intimidate our foes, brag about our leagues and recruit?

Lady Jezebel. as I have explained I have posted that message in that post after I got complaints, that the post was degenerating. After reading it through I decided not to let the post continue in that direction. 

You apparently decided to further contribute to the degeneration of that thread, and someone deleted it. Probably because U stated clearly not to continue in that direction.Latter on I got back here saw your complaint, restored your post and placed those yellow words, and state that you shouldn't continue encouraging the behavior that is obviously not constructive in that thread. 
Jezebel
16 May, 2017, 8:09 AM UTC
Oracle said:

Jezebel said:

Lady Jezebel. as I have explained I have posted that message in that post after I got complaints, that the post was degenerating. After reading it through I decided not to let the post continue in that direction. 

You apparently decided to further contribute to the degeneration of that thread, and someone deleted it. Probably because U stated clearly not to continue in that direction.Latter on I got back here saw your complaint, restored your post and placed those yellow words, and state that you shouldn't continue encouraging the behavior that is obviously not constructive in that thread. 
exactly what direction?  who deleted it if not you? It's common courtesy to explain WHY a post is deleted and my post had no derogatory remarks and did not reflect negatively in any way towards any individual that had made any comments in that thread - I simply pointed out what the "Leagues" thread specifies on the heading what it is for ......
1725615 users registered; 43218 topics; 271774 posts; our newest member:Castle №11046734