This topic is closed

Provoked or unprovoked raid

12 Replies
redsox01854
23 April, 2017, 8:15 PM UTC
During a PVP tournament, if I raid someone in another league trying to get PVP points, should that league consider my raid as an unprovoked raid? I would think that PVP tournament actually does provoke such raids.
UTC +4:00
0
brunsonthomas
23 April, 2017, 8:32 PM UTC
redsox01854 said:

During a PVP tournament, if I raid someone in another league trying to get PVP points, should that league consider my raid as an unprovoked raid? I would think that PVP tournament actually does provoke such raids.
An unprovoked attack means that the player you attacked did nothing to you ie Raid or Siege. Therefore raiding for PVP is an unprovoked attack.
UTC +5:00
0
redsox01854
23 April, 2017, 10:15 PM UTC
Then what is the sense of a PVP tourney. The object is to raid your enemy to get points. Can't get points from someone that isn't active anymore and those that don't belong to a league feel like they are getting bullied. It is the tourney that actually makes the decision for us if we want to get points. Too many leagues take it as their member didn't deserve to get raided so they raid you and other members in your league for retaliation.
UTC +4:00
0
djmoody
23 April, 2017, 10:44 PM UTC

There is no answer to your question.

You are playing with people. Different people will interpret actions differently. What some will ignore others will rage about. This is part of the fun of playing an MMO rather than a single player game against predictable computer AI.

The simplest "rule" I can think if is that if you attack someone you might create yourself an enemy. Should you attack people - depends how you personally want to play the game (but it is a war game after all so you should probably be looking to break some eggs).
Everyone has a right to an opinion. No one has a right to their opinion being respected by other if it can't be backed up with rational and logic explanation
UTC +0:00
1
JuniorH
24 April, 2017, 12:29 AM UTC
Thanks DJ, that is the way I feel. If I raid someone and they retaliate, that is part of the game. I just don't bother keep going back and forth. Waste of time, energy and upsetting to the mind.
UTC +5:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
24 April, 2017, 6:03 AM UTC

redsox01854 said:


During a PVP tournament, if I raid someone in another league trying to get PVP points, should that league consider my raid as an unprovoked raid? I would think that PVP tournament actually does provoke such raids.

Nearly all leagues consider attacking a member for PVP who hasn't attacked you first to be an unprovoked attack.  How they will respond varies depending on the league, but you will probably end up with a bunch of people wanting to hit you back. 

Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
Solidarius
24 April, 2017, 6:28 AM UTC

forget about attacking a member for pvp who hasn't attacked you first...


some people in this game get mad when you attack their precious "fiefs" (inactive castles/bots) and consider that an "unprovoked attack" 


personally I look at it this way, if the league is not on the ally or peace status that means I am free to attack them at my own risk... unless my league marshal/leaders clearly state not to attack a league for some odd reason.


and to answer you OP "PVP tournament actually does provoke such raids" this is true that is the whole point of PVP tournaments to get people to fight each other and lose troops and spend $.


In the end the house always wins :D


<3>

UTC +5:00
1
Oracle
24 April, 2017, 8:25 AM UTC

I recently experienced that myself. I recently raided a fief, that I have been raiding for over a year, and I got attacked ,lost 95% of my offence. I thought I will brush it off, then I see a PM of a person threatening, cursing and pretty mush offending my nature.

So I bought FB and FB 10 of their leadership, I realized that one of their captain has some offense down and I revived my lost EN and send them to their death. to my amazement they killed 3 western dragons. 

So in my view I was provoked, and so I retaliated. but guise what I get a pep talk from my marshal and some BS about how I provoked a whole league to war. 

So was I provoked, yes. 

Did I provoke the league by responding to their provocation, Is retaliations an act of ''poking a bear'' ?

  
Biohazard has killed the forum.
UTC +2:00
0
brunsonthomas
24 April, 2017, 3:14 PM UTC
Oracle said:

I recently experienced that myself. I recently raided a fief, that I have been raiding for over a year, and I got attacked ,lost 95% of my offence. I thought I will brush it off, then I see a PM of a person threatening, cursing and pretty mush offending my nature.

So I bought FB and FB 10 of their leadership, I realized that one of their captain has some offense down and I revived my lost EN and send them to their death. to my amazement they killed 3 western dragons. 

So in my view I was provoked, and so I retaliated. but guise what I get a pep talk from my marshal and some BS about how I provoked a whole league to war. 

So was I provoked, yes. 

Did I provoke the league by responding to their provocation, Is retaliations an act of ''poking a bear'' ?

  
Retaliation is often a two sided sword. It makes you feel better but it can lead to further retaliation and can rapidly escalate. Many leagues on both servers do not care why a member was attacked it just means automatically retaliate and pond into the ground the person with enough discourtesy to attack in the first place. Provoked or unprovoked many league members just need a target for their aggression. PVP tournaments are geared toward starting or renewing hostilities. You cannot win a PVP tournament without stepping on toes. The house wins.
UTC +5:00
0
Warrior
24 April, 2017, 11:35 PM UTC
I would say if someone does attack another for PvP or resources, the player or his/her friends also would do the same for the same reason. Everyone needs a reason, some say PvP, some would say Fun or some would say retaliation.. finally it all comes down to the same thing.
Please Like the Post if you agree or if it helps
UTC +6:00
0
gregorymichaelm
28 April, 2017, 6:52 PM UTC
WTF is all this talk about provoked and unprovoked????  This is a freaking war game.  You attack.  You get attacked.  You don't like it, play Farmville.  
UTC +0:00
1
Jezebel
28 April, 2017, 8:50 PM UTC

Okay my 2 cents worth - PVP is part of the game - its a war game - if my members get attacked its up to them to retaliate UNLESS its someone way bigger and they are unable to retaliate for themselves 


Targeting someone on a regular basis may eventually get a reaction from the League Leadership which I think is reasonable


There are many ways to beat a bully - one of the best is to set up a WOD for your member and kill the person's offense - the more the merrier have your members help - you can then risk less if everyone helps - many hands make light work  and it also provides more people the opportunity to get some PVP



UTC +0:00
0
BiohazarD
Moderator
29 April, 2017, 5:26 AM UTC
Jezebel said:

Okay my 2 cents worth - PVP is part of the game - its a war game - if my members get attacked its up to them to retaliate UNLESS its someone way bigger and they are unable to retaliate for themselves 


Targeting someone on a regular basis may eventually get a reaction from the League Leadership which I think is reasonable


There are many ways to beat a bully - one of the best is to set up a WOD for your member and kill the person's offense - the more the merrier have your members help - you can then risk less if everyone helps - many hands make light work  and it also provides more people the opportunity to get some PVP



Yep, WODs are always fun (and a good way to get cheap pvp if the defender has good walls). 
Any opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily represent the opinions of or constitute official statements by Plarium.
UTC +0:00
0
1777739 users registered; 48054 topics; 286064 posts; our newest member:Castle 11148897