All Categories

Remember when????

Remember when????

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Apr 19, 2017, 15:2604/19/17
12/18/14

Remember when????

Some of us were chatting about when the game was good ...

Battle Grounds were fun to play and they actually helped you build an army ....

a decent offense was 25 million and 50 million was considered a big hammer ....

you couldn't port next to other castles so castle wars were fun and you had to use strategy to play ... boosting was rare and expensive so the playing field was actually more even regardless of the level of player

I remember sending attacks out before work and returning home just when they were about to hit there was some excitement to the game then ...

game play counted for more and was not reserved to those who spend a load of money 

we decided that it was approximately 18 months ago that the game got really good and it lasted for 6 - 8 months then poof it became all about the mighty dollar and how much you were willing to spend on the game - NOT strategy or persistence but how big of an army you could buy

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 19, 2017, 15:4304/19/17
07/02/15
yea i miss those times. now it is always 500mil + boosted and no chance for defending. stupid updates keep coming and many experienced players are fed up. so it is mostly new extreme coiners mixed with a few old players who actually use strategy
Apr 19, 2017, 16:3504/19/17
02/22/16
the introduction of Thieves and Firebombs was the beginning of the end for the good old Days that's when The game took an obvious turn toward catering mostly to the Coiners. Now even the battleground quest are not even worthy as the rewards has gotten as meager as the Troop payouts .  Not fun  will not be long before  even the loyalties players Feel to their League won't be enough to keep people Playing  ( Like if you agree )
Apr 19, 2017, 17:0104/19/17
10/31/14

My Lords and Lady

I understand your frustration, life is no longer fun like it used to be in the 1950's in fact it got boring. I also remember the 2000's when I can actually go in the wild and wrestle a real Lion, Now lion understand nothing, they are tame and just a bore, Monkeys are worse, they rarely steal your banana. 

Couple that with the ever decreasing world economy, Unbearable weather, and just bore and predictable life. I understand your pain, i'ts a pain many feel.

That is why YOU AND I, play stormfall, it's a hardcore strategy game, that takes tonnes of skills and TIME to master. Yes many MMORPG companies out there have been on a slaying spree and their traditions and actions have destroyed the MMORPG's, Tis true. There are many companies like that out there. 

Remember when a rumor circulated that flash will die in April, and most game companies like Kabaam pulled the plug on their games. But Plarium Didn't, Plarium promised they will find a solution, and put aside a huge sum of money to preserve our gaming, and secured our will to have fun on our computers. ( GAMING APP)

How many companies out there introduce a new aspect into the game on a monthly basis. How many companies out there usually take less than 3 months to fix interface bugs. You can't count then to a hand fill. 

I tell you these, out there it's a jungle. Interphase bugs, and not game mechanical bugs, are always ignored, I can ;ist the games but no need for that. Hundred of companies out there have not fixed any bugs that affect players.  

Plarium has treated us well, Hell Plarium might be one of the three campaniles out there who actually care. I have played many games, And I tell you these, Plarium games are better.

I know most of you are scared... we have seen but few hrs ago an army that shakes the very earth when it moves. I have to say I too was tempted to flee at a sight of such a screenshot. But I haven't when KT, Destiny wars destroyed my game I din't leave, and I will not flee now at a sight such as these. Flee if you must, I will stay and go to the drawing board and make a plan when confronted with such calamity.

Because MMORPG is not a handed out fun, It's an earned, and crafted fun, and I will have my fun. Because fun is is why I am here. And for as long as plarium provide a platform for me to have fun, I will have fun. till my dying bed. 

Apr 19, 2017, 17:4204/19/17
03/22/16
Oracle said:

My Lords and Lady

I understand your frustration, life is no longer fun like it used to be in the 1950's in fact it got boring. I also remember the 2000's when I can actually go in the wild and wrestle a real Lion, Now lion understand nothing, they are tame and just a bore, Monkeys are worse, they rarely steal your banana. 

Couple that with the ever decreasing world economy, Unbearable weather, and just bore and predictable life. I understand your pain, i'ts a pain many feel.

That is why YOU AND I, play stormfall, it's a hardcore strategy game, that takes tonnes of skills and TIME to master. Yes many MMORPG companies out there have been on a slaying spree and their traditions and actions have destroyed the MMORPG's, Tis true. There are many companies like that out there. 

Remember when a rumor circulated that flash will die in April, and most game companies like Kabaam pulled the plug on their games. But Plarium Didn't, Plarium promised they will find a solution, and put aside a huge sum of money to preserve our gaming, and secured our will to have fun on our computers. ( GAMING APP)

How many companies out there introduce a new aspect into the game on a monthly basis. How many companies out there usually take less than 3 months to fix interface bugs. You can't count then to a hand fill. 

I tell you these, out there it's a jungle. Interphase bugs, and not game mechanical bugs, are always ignored, I can ;ist the games but no need for that. Hundred of companies out there have not fixed any bugs that affect players.  

Plarium has treated us well, Hell Plarium might be one of the three campaniles out there who actually care. I have played many games, And I tell you these, Plarium games are better.

I know most of you are scared... we have seen but few hrs ago an army that shakes the very earth when it moves. I have to say I too was tempted to flee at a sight of such a screenshot. But I haven't when KT, Destiny wars destroyed my game I din't leave, and I will not flee now at a sight such as these. Flee if you must, I will stay and go to the drawing board and make a plan when confronted with such calamity.

Because MMORPG is not a handed out fun, It's an earned, and crafted fun, and I will have my fun. Because fun is is why I am here. And for as long as plarium provide a platform for me to have fun, I will have fun. till my dying bed. 

You presented a good case for playing the game. Player interaction is the most fun part. Any for profit company has to find a way to keep their market share. Plarium does many things to attract new players. That keeps the game growing and profitable.
Apr 19, 2017, 18:0704/19/17
03/13/15
some of the things helped and some of the things that got added was not liked by all. An example of such would be the returning units from beacon go directly to catacombs, however this was a good thing for players who are on vacation or away during a beacon attack and the leadership needs to save their defense but at the same time it upset players who want to kill the remaining defense returning from a captured beacon and get more PvP
Apr 20, 2017, 08:1004/20/17
02/11/15

The Advantages and disadvantages of the changes are a heavy weight.  

As a player of over 2 years in this game I can honestly say Some of the changes have been more a detriment to the value of the game in play-ability vs an advantage.

I have to agree with our Dear Jezebel.  The Strategy aspect is no longer even functional.  I too remember when strategy, timing, and the ability to read what the player is doing was what made the game enjoyable.  However no longer can we time our attacks to await the player's return to their castle. This whole jump and dump tactic makes the game unpredictable.  There was a time when a simple fireball, raid, siege eloquently executed where you could do each within ten secs of the other made the turn of war highly advantageous.  Where you could literally turn your enemy to an ally by proving a tactical superiority.

Now this jump dump pump tactic just results in well we know the raids coming might as well stay catted let it pass and then wait to retaliate when the player is offline.  And like Jez i have to agree the other aspects as well, 10M to 50M used to be one hell of a hammer now it's a drop in the bucket compared to the 500M to 1Billion offense or that you see most coiners seemingly have.  Where's the challenge?

I do so miss the good old days.

Tamerin

Apr 20, 2017, 09:2704/20/17
01/10/17
when a player can buy their way to level 77 in 3 1/2 Months it's not a strategy Game it's a magnet for wealthy people to make there own league of Alts !!!  
Apr 20, 2017, 09:5904/20/17

Lord Hooverssmallengines,

everyone has right to do whatever he wants with his own money. If some players are more willing to spend some money to develop instead of taking step by step its their own choice. 
Apr 20, 2017, 14:1004/20/17
Apr 20, 2017, 14:12(edited)
12/18/14

Nemanja said:

Lord Hooverssmallengines,

everyone has right to do whatever he wants with his own money. If some players are more willing to spend some money to develop instead of taking step by step its their own choice. 

problem is soon enough they will push the moderate coiners and non coiners out of the game

so be it they can kill each other with their armies that cost them 5 figures 

Plarium is forgetting that the players that have been around for more than 2 years have made the game what it is and they focus only on what the big spenders want and totally disregard the rest
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 21, 2017, 00:4504/21/17
10/04/13
wesleypringle1 said:

the introduction of Thieves and Firebombs was the beginning of the end for the good old Days that's when The game took an obvious turn toward catering mostly to the Coiners. Now even the battleground quest are not even worthy as the rewards has gotten as meager as the Troop payouts .  Not fun  will not be long before  even the loyalties players Feel to their League won't be enough to keep people Playing  ( Like if you agree )
I actually quite like thieves, they make resource raiding less of a headache, but don't give you a massive power advantage over other players.  Fireballs not so much. 
Apr 23, 2017, 10:1604/23/17
10/31/14

It's a curse of love when, which overtime turns to addiction. 

Apr 23, 2017, 11:4504/23/17
07/25/15

brunsonthomas said:

Oracle said:

My Lords and Lady

You presented a good case for playing the game. Player interaction is the most fun part. Any for profit company has to find a way to keep their market share. Plarium does many things to attract new players. That keeps the game growing and profitable.

Plarium FAIL to attract new players. If you want to attract new players you want so for them to stay for a certain duration at least. These type of games scare away most new players when they start realise the constant drive to spend cash. There is very few players that will stick around for a while under those conditions.  Its like Plarium want to play whack a mole with 100 cookie jars at same time. There is WAY to mcuh to spend on, and things cost WAY to much at the same time. 

Imho, they should condensed the market a lot, and made packs cheaper. People will spend if they get value for what they are spending. Entice people to play and spend. Not alienate them.
Apr 23, 2017, 11:5204/23/17
07/25/15

Oracle said:

Any game where you can throw your wallet at your problems. Is not hardcore. I can go to steam and dig up a lot of games that get updates every week, some every other few days. A lot of these indie devs with not a huge financial backing. You can go to patreon and see the same. 

The "gaming app" from Plarium is not a HUGE invention nor put much dev time into. What you basicaly do is you make the game indepedent from a web browser. Web broswers discontinue support for flash, so its the natural stage to go. Preserve obsolete tech in a own enviroment, but its still flashplayer who is discontinued. Last time I checked, Plarium doesn't own or hold any dev rights to do changes to flashplayer itself.

When did you start to become such a company man Oracle? Are you fishing for a mod job and the sweet sapphires for the spot?