Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 29, 2017, 05:1904/29/17
10/04/13

Juglar del Viento said:

TheBeast said:

Just so all players know, Plarium refuse to acknowledge the facts and evidence provided.

They didn't look at the data and provide no explanation of how the set of results in the log could possibly be consistent with BG's "working as intended". Despite providing definitive proof was just fobbed off with the usual copy and paste BS as if I was a brand new noob with no knowledge and experience.

Why Plarium won't even engage with people who clearly know what they are talking about and have collected a vast amount of data to back up and prove their point is beyond me. 

Even if there was only the slightest chance of me being right, the hugely significant implications for thousands and thousands of customers would surely make it worthy of a proper follow up by Plarium.

A player has provided absolute proof of the problem. Plarium have been made aware of it. From this point on Plarium are willfully negligent for customer losses.

Dear lords

Telling the truth we cant, as players, be absolutely certain that something is wrong with the mechanism. As the moment we dont know anything about how it Works we cant asure that we are doing this in correct way. Till now we were able to approach our system to the real system but it seems that now he must review all we know and readapt the system.

On the other hand, i suppose devs and support must have any kind of logs or traces to asure 100% that the mechanism Works as intended. I suppose also the should have any big level account to test by theirselves, not only logging and testing the algorithm if not doing them  testing the highest levels of bgs doing as we do, i mean sending troops to kill all them.

For them could be easy test this as the moment they are supposed to know how really Works and in fact, seeing the results they got and tracing the logs of the algorthim if it pays nice or not. Come on guys you could use ur own accounts where u can put on it the troops you want to testing them.

I could ask for some things i would like to say for testing but as always that asking could be dust in the wind so i hate wasting time to repeat once and once again.

As always: Squeeze is not always the right strategy, even on poker u have to be real sure when use it.

Regards

As someone who's worked in software development, I can assure you that bugs do sometimes slip through testing, especially when those bugs only occur when multiple conditions are present simultaneously. 

The glitch (or intentional loss, if the bgs are working as intended and it's supposed to be there) is known to certain players and we also know how to avoid it (thank you djmoody and thebeast), but if you don't believe it exists feel free to use your own troops how you like. 
Apr 29, 2017, 09:4704/29/17
04/10/15

BiohazarD said:

As someone who's worked in software development, I can assure you that bugs do sometimes slip through testing, especially when those bugs only occur when multiple conditions are present simultaneously. 

The glitch (or intentional loss, if the bgs are working as intended and it's supposed to be there) is known to certain players and we also know how to avoid it (thank you djmoody and thebeast), but if you don't believe it exists feel free to use your own troops how you like. 

Well, then i ask how that possible glicth could be reproduce to pass it to devs to test if really its a glicht

Apr 29, 2017, 10:5204/29/17
Apr 29, 2017, 10:53(edited)
10/31/14

BiohazarD said:

Then these post have no meaning, If you have proof there is a glitch and you know how to avoid it, and players complain about that, its only logical that you present your knowledge to the community, and plarium about such glitch and how to avoid it. 

Because saying the is a fault and I know what is the fault, and I will let you continue with that fault, because its up to you, its not Helping at all.

These is why community managers close BG topics

Most comments are nonconsecutive and arbitrary with the aim to solicit a sporadic, continuous attention. 

If The beast knew that there is a fault, and how to avoid it, why post about the fault, and not how to avoid it. 
Apr 29, 2017, 10:5804/29/17
10/31/14

Juglar del Viento said:

Well, then i ask how that possible glicth could be reproduce to pass it to devs to test if really its a glicht

I am also willing to help in such regards. 

I thought the error was caused by our way of doing BG, but if there is a real error, and ways to avoid it, then I am willing to learn of said ''error'' and how to ''avoid said ''error''

I honestly don't believe the said error exist.

BG are working, as intended, and people post BG rewards in the level 170 in the game. 
Apr 29, 2017, 20:1004/29/17
12/18/14
give me a free account with unlimited troops and i will try to reproduce the glitch!!!
Apr 30, 2017, 08:0104/30/17
04/10/15

djmoody said:

Just review the log at the start of the thread. It's not about belief, you simply need to review the facts already supplied. There is a major problem, evidence to prove that already provided. All that remains is how long Plarium want to continue to deny the obvious..

Lord djmoody

just to say that log only could be comprensive for those who uses it to trace their bank, although it is one of the clearest i have seen, but i think devs could not find it useful or clear for them to control this possible issue, besides the amounts we use are not the same as really used.

i suppose they do the test tracing the looses with their own logs and if they, using this method, check that all works as intended, then be sure that all works as intended. However, if this possible bug, glitch or error exists then first we have to set in which conditions this error occurs and then say them to try to reproduce and check if really is a bug. meanwhile they couldnt reproduce it or find it if it is so hidden then all works as intended.

remember the famous bug from moscato, how many time it tooks to be reproduced and repaired.

also i want to say i dont know the amounts to bank for levels from 101 to 170 and dont know if really 250M banked are enough for a payout on levels Lord Mark or Lord TheBeast do (170). i think so, but i can talk properly as the moment i dont know that data.

Regards

Apr 30, 2017, 10:1904/30/17
01/10/17
and now the BGs either raised the strength of Baldurs troops or Lowered the strength of our troops as it take more units to clear them than before !!! this is a tested Fact !!!
May 1, 2017, 08:4805/01/17
12/22/14

The BG Payout mechanics seems to change from time to time. Therefore we can not be sure if it's a bug or if it's intended. We can not know, if the lack of payout is due to a bug or due to the new payout mechancis.

I noticed a change when BG limit was extended to 160. Repeatedly killing level 160 BG cost me a good part of my army ... maybe it's still storted in the bank, maybe not. If not: maybe that's due to a glich, maybe to changed game mechanics - there is no way to be sure. 

A recent event proves, that changes are taking place: When the limit was at 160/165 my lowest BG was 80+. Getting the dected BG Number lower than 100 and adding 20 new BGs always left to level 80+ BGs.

2 days ago low BGs started to pop up as well, Yesterday, the number of detected BG was at 100, when i finished doing BG. Today 13 new BG popped up (detected BGs are 113 now) and some of them are as low as level 3 ! This is completely new and proof, that there are some background changes are taking place in the BG mechancis. So how can we be sure, that the banking system was not changed as well ?

May 1, 2017, 11:0005/01/17
10/31/14

Walgor said:

The BG Payout mechanics seems to change from time to time. Therefore we can not be sure if it's a bug or if it's intended. We can not know, if the lack of payout is due to a bug or due to the new payout mechancis.

I noticed a change when BG limit was extended to 160. Repeatedly killing level 160 BG cost me a good part of my army ... maybe it's still storted in the bank, maybe not. If not: maybe that's due to a glich, maybe to changed game mechanics - there is no way to be sure. 

A recent event proves, that changes are taking place: When the limit was at 160/165 my lowest BG was 80+. Getting the dected BG Number lower than 100 and adding 20 new BGs always left to level 80+ BGs.

2 days ago low BGs started to pop up as well, Yesterday, the number of detected BG was at 100, when i finished doing BG. Today 13 new BG popped up (detected BGs are 113 now) and some of them are as low as level 3 ! This is completely new and proof, that there are some background changes are taking place in the BG mechancis. So how can we be sure, that the banking system was not changed as well ?

You get new BG after completing the highest level BG, whether or not your current detected BG by the eagle nest is 60.

the level 1 BG are new BG that are added after game reset. The eagle nest detect BG at random, although a level 3 will be of no use when doing level 80 BG. 
May 1, 2017, 22:3405/01/17
06/16/15
you cant overlook the fact that when units xp update was added on oberon said we have fixed balurs orcs will no longer benefits from league fortress knowledge bonuses to statistics update news april 7 2017 so it makes me think what else did they fix the fact is they maybe did change battlegrounds payout so Whos telling the truth here the cm or oberon the thing is we have to take what oberon said at face value so battlegrounds might of been change have they remove the banking system or have they reduce or lower the payouts level 19 battlegrounds you get 12 dragons and 6 griffins for 198 paladins i heard from one of my members so looks like they have change the battlegrounds payout system to benefit the new lower level players that are at low level battlegrounds and have worsen it for us veterans as we dont have any low level battlegrounds anymore and for higher level battlegrounds we do we get the same payouts as a level 19 battleground gives us almost so battlegrounds might have been changed if you look up the updates news you will see it for yourself the fact is that there is proof they have tinker and tamper with battlegrounds and they didn't go untouch so anything possble even battlegrounds payouts being changed 
May 2, 2017, 03:3905/02/17
01/11/16

Why all the post about BGs when the developers all about taking money from the player? BGs are just a way to get that money from you.

The only explicit to game is player giving there money away to game. In return, more updates to take more money from you. So I think you need to question yourself why you keep wasting money and time into game.

BiohazarDModerator
May 2, 2017, 04:2005/02/17
10/04/13
cat in the hat said:

Why all the post about BGs when the developers all about taking money from the player? BGs are just a way to get that money from you.

The only explicit to game is player giving there money away to game. In return, more updates to take more money from you. So I think you need to question yourself why you keep wasting money and time into game.

You've certainly been playing the game quite a while for someone who seems to hate it so much...
May 17, 2017, 23:3605/17/17
02/22/15
I fear they are only testing whether the payouts happen, not the amount of resources trapped which is climbing. Are these test done with fresh accounts or did you have acocounts with a bank of 200 mil in the BG before any of these updates and then test those. If we simply ask do the BG give payouts then the answer is yes but does that mean they are functioning correctly on all aspects?
May 18, 2017, 06:0905/18/17
08/03/14
gogo sageger said:

you cant overlook the fact that when units xp update was added on oberon said we have fixed balurs orcs will no longer benefits from league fortress knowledge bonuses to statistics update news april 7 2017 so it makes me think what else did they fix the fact is they maybe did change battlegrounds payout so Whos telling the truth here the cm or oberon the thing is we have to take what oberon said at face value so battlegrounds might of been change have they remove the banking system or have they reduce or lower the payouts level 19 battlegrounds you get 12 dragons and 6 griffins for 198 paladins i heard from one of my members so looks like they have change the battlegrounds payout system to benefit the new lower level players that are at low level battlegrounds and have worsen it for us veterans as we dont have any low level battlegrounds anymore and for higher level battlegrounds we do we get the same payouts as a level 19 battleground gives us almost so battlegrounds might have been changed if you look up the updates news you will see it for yourself the fact is that there is proof they have tinker and tamper with battlegrounds and they didn't go untouch so anything possble even battlegrounds payouts being changed 
thats old news. lower leverl BGs have always had a better return on investment.  but 12 dragons at a time wont build you a hammer army. 
May 18, 2017, 23:5005/18/17
10/21/14

djmoody said:

This is hugely important. I am suprised so few ppl have commented.

I'm aware I'm replying to a old post. But for me BG's are a good chunk of my gameplay. Personally I haven't ran into any issues with battlegrounds and I just recieved a multiplier 2 weeks ago during last 75% off sale. No I did not buy back any troops, since I am a saphless account

And still recieved a payout with 14mil+ Iron/Gold increase for payouts. 

As the battlegrounds guide tells the public "Be forewarned - these battles may cost you dearly in men and Resources, and a reward is not always guaranteed to the victor.... While may may contain valuable Resource cashes or captured friendly Units - some will offer you nothing but hordes of Enemies and the opportunity to earn Experience Points. If you are victorious and gain nothing - take heart.... Each Battlefield you rid of the Enemy significantly increases your odds of receiving a bonus on your next attempt - so keep trying!"

If you have never read this guide in the game. It use to be different before the new mechanics of ALWAYS gaining a payout. Before this they use to speak of a multiplier, every so on you would game compensation payouts for your loses. From what I have noticed personally even though this is not stated anymore. These Multipliers still do exist. So possibly you just needed more res to hit you multiplier. I have been gaining troops ever since I lost my 36mil O back in october of 2016 to pvp. Only had 400necros from a pvp tourney and a handful of troops from the pvp hit. Since then I have gained back to my orig size of 2016 and gained more troops. Yes it took alot of res and building from raids. And no it did not cost me cash from buying sapphire packages which many do. I played for tourneys and gained maybe 30-40k saphs before the spring experience tourney. I'd keep going at the battlegrounds since I always do with a payout of earning more is always on the horizon. 

Why quoted DJ is because he does make a good point. This is important. Battlegrounds are a huge foundation of big armys and creating these so called "Hammer" strikes. If you feel like you have lost to many troops and not gained your res back, I've been there.... Yes, it REALLY sucks not having a huge army. But sometimes you have to take a step back, build for a month. And then hit your highest battleground and not the one that will give you more points towards your oracle. 

BiohazarDModerator
May 19, 2017, 14:2105/19/17
10/04/13

DrFondles said:

djmoody said:

This is hugely important. I am suprised so few ppl have commented.

I'm aware I'm replying to a old post. But for me BG's are a good chunk of my gameplay. Personally I haven't ran into any issues with battlegrounds and I just recieved a multiplier 2 weeks ago during last 75% off sale. No I did not buy back any troops, since I am a saphless account

And still recieved a payout with 14mil+ Iron/Gold increase for payouts. 

As the battlegrounds guide tells the public "Be forewarned - these battles may cost you dearly in men and Resources, and a reward is not always guaranteed to the victor.... While may may contain valuable Resource cashes or captured friendly Units - some will offer you nothing but hordes of Enemies and the opportunity to earn Experience Points. If you are victorious and gain nothing - take heart.... Each Battlefield you rid of the Enemy significantly increases your odds of receiving a bonus on your next attempt - so keep trying!"

If you have never read this guide in the game. It use to be different before the new mechanics of ALWAYS gaining a payout. Before this they use to speak of a multiplier, every so on you would game compensation payouts for your loses. From what I have noticed personally even though this is not stated anymore. These Multipliers still do exist. So possibly you just needed more res to hit you multiplier. I have been gaining troops ever since I lost my 36mil O back in october of 2016 to pvp. Only had 400necros from a pvp tourney and a handful of troops from the pvp hit. Since then I have gained back to my orig size of 2016 and gained more troops. Yes it took alot of res and building from raids. And no it did not cost me cash from buying sapphire packages which many do. I played for tourneys and gained maybe 30-40k saphs before the spring experience tourney. I'd keep going at the battlegrounds since I always do with a payout of earning more is always on the horizon. 

Why quoted DJ is because he does make a good point. This is important. Battlegrounds are a huge foundation of big armys and creating these so called "Hammer" strikes. If you feel like you have lost to many troops and not gained your res back, I've been there.... Yes, it REALLY sucks not having a huge army. But sometimes you have to take a step back, build for a month. And then hit your highest battleground and not the one that will give you more points towards your oracle. 

Agreed, often people just keep trying to get a payout when it's not working, and end up with their entire army stuck. Sometimes you just have to take a break and build for a while. 

Btw what is an oracle? 
May 20, 2017, 03:1805/20/17
05/14/16

I got over my BG hump, have taken a different approach and now can turn troops around pretty confidently. Even swapping Off for Def and vice versa by using the BGs to use for what I need at the time and keeping a reserve in to pull out when needed. It is a real troop bank now for me. Then again I stick to BGs under 100, so after that who knows?

One trick I guess is to play the BGs, don't let them play you. Anywho... I am just a small potato in a bigger vat of fries. So take that at face value.

May 20, 2017, 05:0405/20/17
10/21/14
Woops obelisk lmao, sorry was super late my time and worked OT by thursday this week. Was very tired
BiohazarDModerator
May 20, 2017, 09:4705/20/17
10/04/13
Knightmare said:

I got over my BG hump, have taken a different approach and now can turn troops around pretty confidently. Even swapping Off for Def and vice versa by using the BGs to use for what I need at the time and keeping a reserve in to pull out when needed. It is a real troop bank now for me. Then again I stick to BGs under 100, so after that who knows?

One trick I guess is to play the BGs, don't let them play you. Anywho... I am just a small potato in a bigger vat of fries. So take that at face value.

The mechanics for higher level bgs are the same as for lower level ones.  It just takes more troops to kill them, and the payout when you do is bigger. 
May 30, 2017, 20:2105/30/17
02/22/15

I am confident in swapping troops in BG

I swap from some to none