All Categories

Battlegrounds

Battlegrounds

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 19, 2016, 12:5904/19/16
04/19/16
Is there a problem with Battlegrounds and payout?
Apr 19, 2016, 13:0504/19/16
04/10/15

Lord Ferring

As far i know there is no problems with battlegrounds actually

Regards

Apr 20, 2016, 07:3504/20/16
Apr 20, 2016, 07:37(edited)

There is a huge problem with BG's IF you don't play with credit cards...

I tried something in the recent BG championship (sending whole Off / Def to over-run and cut losses):

Started with 1.1m Off and 1m Def. After doing about 60 BG's, of which the highest level was lv 33 BG, this is the outcome:

1.4m Off and 500k Def - Infirmary: 4.1m Off and 2.5m Def (Cost 343562 Sapphires to revive)

How can BG's be rewarding if the losses are absolutely stupendous? AND, how can events be rewarding if Sapphire rewards are so low?

Being a level 60 player placed in the rankings with players 80-90 is simply stupid, there is no chance of ever being no:1 when competing with such high level players doing BG 100's, and then the sapphire rewards for still being in top 100 is ridiculous, being rewarded 550 sapphires to revive a cost of over 340k sapphires....

I LOVE this game, but being forced to spend money makes it just as bad as Evony and all other money hungry MMO's

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Apr 20, 2016, 08:1204/20/16
09/17/15
fpventer said:

I tried something in the recent BG championship (sending whole Off / Def to over-run and cut losses):

Started with 1.1m Off and 1m Def. After doing about 60 BG's, of which the highest level was lv 33 BG, this is the outcome:

1.4m Off and 500k Def - Infirmary: 4.1m Off and 2.5m Def (Cost 343562 Sapphires to revive)

How can BG's be rewarding if the losses are absolutely stupendous? AND, how can events be rewarding if Sapphire rewards are so low?

Being a level 60 player placed in the rankings with players 80-90 is simply stupid, there is no chance of ever being no:1 when competing with such high level players doing BG 100's, and then the sapphire rewards for still being in top 100 is ridiculous, being rewarded 550 sapphires to revive a cost of over 340k sapphires....

I LOVE this game, but being forced to spend money makes it just as bad as Evony and all other money hungry MMO's

Please don't forget that the BGs were not designed as the main source of Units.
Apr 20, 2016, 08:1604/20/16
Apr 20, 2016, 08:26(edited)

Maybe not the main source of units ABLE TO BUILT yes, but the goal is to be rewarded with what a player can't build. But looking at the amount of losses, it is crystal clear that major payouts AND super-tax has been paid as required, but still the rewards is horrendous...

And the last response was just a confirmation that main troop source is from players wallets???
Apr 20, 2016, 12:5004/20/16
07/25/15

fpventer said:

Maybe not the main source of units ABLE TO BUILT yes, but the goal is to be rewarded with what a player can't build. But looking at the amount of losses, it is crystal clear that major payouts AND super-tax has been paid as required, but still the rewards is horrendous...

And the last response was just a confirmation that main troop source is from players wallets???

You should check out Steam, there is alot of multiplayer games in fantasy setting that cost far less to play and have fun with. Or just resign to the fact that as not being a big coiner, BG's is mostly pointless in this game.

One thing is certain with Stormfall.;

- Rewards is less than actual cost of achieve them. And the cost is your cash spent and not necessary your time and effort. :/

Apr 20, 2016, 13:4704/20/16

Why is the Infirmary Free Revives PvP based only?

BG's will feel a LOT more rewarding if I can get some troops back for free purely because Sapphire rewards is truly really bad..
Apr 21, 2016, 03:5404/21/16
07/25/15

djmoody said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

fpventer said:

Please don't forget that the BGs were not designed as the main source of Units.

They aren't a source of units at all. You and I know there is a tax applied. They are a unit drain.

Why any developer would make 1/3rd of their total game's content completely pointless is beyond me (fyi content = raid + BG's + PvP)? Crazy decision making.

When Im thinking about raiding in mmo's I start think about fun time and chance of epic loot.  In this game you can end up spend X cash on units, spend the units and get a fraction back of the invested units. You can just as well put on a t-shirt saying "I'm with stupid". We the players doesn't get rewarded from spending cash, we don't get rewarded from spending time or effort either. Regardless how much the "you can get free sapphires" mantra is chanted :(

Apr 21, 2016, 07:0004/21/16

djmoody said:

They aren't a source of units at all. You and I know there is a tax applied. They are a unit drain.

Why any developer would make 1/3rd of their total game's content completely pointless is beyond me (fyi content = raid + BG's + PvP)? Crazy decision making.

and 3/4 unusable free after years of development

Apr 22, 2016, 18:5604/22/16

i am very sad!!!

i stop this games because is not very correct

it s just an exemple:::

Apr 23, 2016, 08:5904/23/16
08/03/14
looks like BGs got tweaked in the upgrade. seems like it takes A LOT more troops to downgrade a BG. i suppose, since you now have to compete in BGs to earn items elsewhere it th e game, plarium has made it so you h ave to buy troops to compete in the BGs
Jul 8, 2016, 05:2507/08/16
07/08/16

Very experienced battleground players are losing obscene amounts of troops in the past two days. What has changed?? Entire armies are getting wiped out. What is going on?

Jul 8, 2016, 14:0207/08/16
06/22/14
KashAz said:

Very experienced battleground players are losing obscene amounts of troops in the past two days. What has changed?? Entire armies are getting wiped out. What is going on?

Welcome to the club. Many players made many posts in other threads, so it is impossible (wasting time) to put links here. Just read several threads and you will find many posts. I hope that this will help you.
Jul 11, 2016, 22:1107/11/16
06/22/14

brunsonthomas said:

Without showing a lot of detail unnecesarily the following was a successful level 27 BG. http://prntscr.com/brozig

Nobody said that you cant get full payout. We're talking about full payout on any level based on existing troops in BG bank, not if you put new ones inside. Can you repeat that in next 10 - 15 completed tasks with any amount of invested troops?

Don't try because answer is NO.

Do you know why?
Jul 11, 2016, 22:4907/11/16
03/20/14
Thats not a full pay on a lvl27 BG. That is 535k in res where as the full pay from a 27 is 1.82 mil, or around 360 gollums.
Jul 11, 2016, 23:0207/11/16
06/22/14

Stewart_KT1 said:

Thats not a full pay on a lvl27 BG. That is 535k in res where as the full pay from a 27 is 1.82 mil, or around 360 gollums.

I also checked that payout, and something is strange. We don't know how much resources he spent, and this seems to be little higher than he spent.

I had similar situation on maybe level 17 - got payout a little less than I invested.

Does possible that Plarium make "middle" payout?

Becaus, this isn't full payout for sure, but also isn't mini payout. Pity, we can't see date of the report.

Jul 20, 2016, 16:2907/20/16
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14

Battlegrounds.   Use to like them, now I'm considering deleting this game.  

Battlegrounds USE to give troops back as part of a payout but not anymore...    

I have spent hundreds of dollars and countless amountsites of hours on this game but now it just feels like Plarium is out just money and not equality in game play.

Takes DAYS to recruise troops that amount to what, 10,000 in power?  Or you can spend an INSANE amount of gems to revive your fallen troops (gems aren't cheap either), or you USE to be able to attack battlegrounds and replenish your army.   But not anymore, right?

It feels like you all are more "take take take" then giving a crap if the players are having fun.  

I had almost 2 million in offense and am now down to 10,000.  My attacks were my own but to now take away a chance to rebuild my army so I can grow more and be more active?  

You'll take the money but be d**ned if you make the game fair or fun for that fact. 

I SERIOUSLY hope you resolve this, or else me and my checking account are going elsewhere.  Somewhere where the company ACTUALLY values a players in game experience and not just they're wallet.

Please right your wrongs....     I'm not the only person upset by this.  

Jul 20, 2016, 17:3207/20/16
07/25/15

joe_wortham said:

Battlegrounds.   Use to like them, now I'm considering deleting this game.  

Battlegrounds USE to give troops back as part of a payout but not anymore...    

I have spent hundreds of dollars and countless amountsites of hours on this game but now it just feels like Plarium is out just money and not equality in game play.

Takes DAYS to recruise troops that amount to what, 10,000 in power?  Or you can spend an INSANE amount of gems to revive your fallen troops (gems aren't cheap either), or you USE to be able to attack battlegrounds and replenish your army.   But not anymore, right?

It feels like you all are more "take take take" then giving a crap if the players are having fun.  

I had almost 2 million in offense and am now down to 10,000.  My attacks were my own but to now take away a chance to rebuild my army so I can grow more and be more active?  

You'll take the money but be d**ned if you make the game fair or fun for that fact. 

I SERIOUSLY hope you resolve this, or else me and my checking account are going elsewhere.  Somewhere where the company ACTUALLY values a players in game experience and not just they're wallet.

Please right your wrongs....     I'm not the only person upset by this.  

You know that little island far far out in the Pasific? Thats where the people who care lives.

Now, not really want to be mean or anything, but Plarium doesn't care. Their usual response is "Stormfall is a hardcore game, and its not for everyone". Spending cash is optional (easy for them to say, where they play on their own test servers without grasp of actual reality on live ones)...

I don't do BG's havent done in a very long time. I spend my time try catch players with offense out. Then I bask in their tears when I get hate mail saying I made them quit the game, or how Im evil and im on their LIST! Both is nice and I regard it as mission accomplished. There is more to this game than BG's..................

Jul 20, 2016, 19:1307/20/16

My Lords,

I didn't payed anything during my five years in Stormfall. Strategy and planning is a key for success. 

In other hand, paying for instant development is always an option and there is a price for that.