Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Feb 26, 2015, 19:0002/26/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14

Jukko Junolainen said:

Alright, so.

Im using this Battleground calculator stuff to guide me through.

I fought, sent in my waves, lost a lot of troops and so on and what do i get as a reward ? A god damn 6 knights and 2-4k of each resource.

This is massive bull... I lost so much more...

So, what did i do.

I sent total of 90 pikemen, 84 paladins, 21 knights, 1 warlock, 1 griffin, 17 archers and 5 arbalesters in little waves to different BGs from lvl 7-11 (11 being my scull BG) until the "bank was full"
I did manage to raid a couple of lvl 7 BG´s (with 15 paladins, who knew) before my bank was full, so i didnt get any reward from there, apart from the usual 100 gold and iron and food, but i didnt complete my lvl 11 scull BG, i ketp it on the edge.

So when my bank was full, i hit the next highest BG i had from the lvl 11 scull one, which was lvl 9 BG.
After successful hit i got the shitty mentioned 6 knights and couple thousand resources.

What did i do wrong..?

You're playing on Facebook, so maybe this calculator was done for the Stormfall direct server and not the Facebook one ;-)

Feb 27, 2015, 03:5602/27/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:09(edited)
11/05/14

I really appreciate all the various comments here. I've been trying to work out what approach to take to BGs and am thoroughly confused by all the information and misinformation out there. For us first timer low levels, (I've been playing nearly 3 weeks for Lev 44) - it seems that the only benefit is getting access to troops that I can't purchase with resources yet.

Lord Oberon referred us to the Plarium Wiki which suggests sending single archers to glean info from BGs, which sounded sensible. Others are saying that's a waste of time. I don't understand all this hidden bank stuff - but from reading all the above, the simplest strategy seems to me to be - always work through BGs in increasing order of difficulty - that way you will eventually get rewarded at a reasonable level. My idea won't work if the bank 'clicks over' when you start with the lower level, so I suggest you work in increasing order until you get reimbursed, then and only then go back to lower levels.

Is my 'logic' flawed my Lords?

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 27, 2015, 06:1302/27/15
10/04/13

Elixia said:

I really appreciate all the various comments here. I've been trying to work out what approach to take to BGs and am thoroughly confused by all the information and misinformation out there. For us first timer low levels, (I've been playing nearly 3 weeks for Lev 44) - it seems that the only benefit is getting access to troops that I can't purchase with resources yet.

Lord Oberon referred us to the Plarium Wiki which suggests sending single archers to glean info from BGs, which sounded sensible. Others are saying that's a waste of time. I don't understand all this hidden bank stuff - but from reading all the above, the simplest strategy seems to me to be - always work through BGs in increasing order of difficulty - that way you will eventually get rewarded at a reasonable level. My idea won't work if the bank 'clicks over' when you start with the lower level, so I suggest you work in increasing order until you get reimbursed, then and only then go back to lower levels.

Is my 'logic' flawed my Lords?

That's a basic strategy which will have better results than just randomly hitting them, but you're unlikely to actually make a profit from them unless you understand and follow the banking system.  Join a good league, they'll help teach you about how to do bgs.  If you join one of the KingofKings leagues, we will help train you on teamspeak.  Several other leagues offer similar training, but I'm not sure which ones or how accurate they are, you'd have to check around. 

Some of the info on the plarium wiki is accurate, but a lot of it isn't. 

Feb 27, 2015, 09:0802/27/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:10(edited)
11/05/14

I think if we focus on the hints and follow lord oberons advice, we'd do well

BiohazarDModerator
Feb 27, 2015, 09:4402/27/15
10/04/13

kaycee said:

I think if we focus on the hints and follow lord oberons advice, we'd do well

Go for it then ;)

Feb 27, 2015, 09:4802/27/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:57(edited)
11/05/14

yes do it!

Mar 3, 2015, 21:0003/03/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:58(edited)
11/05/14

Its all about banking, banking and banking, what else you need to know? pay and take reward ;)

Mar 9, 2015, 18:3903/09/15
11/04/14

Not to be too slow, but a return of 95% to 98% seems like a perpetually losing system. I wouldn't invest in a stock that has a guaranteed negative return of 2-5%. I'm level 67 and can create reasonably powerful units. I'm not short of food. So why in the world would I waste my time on battlegrounds?

It's like Vegas. After the House gets its cut, we're all losers.

Mar 9, 2015, 19:0603/09/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:59(edited)
11/05/14

SeriousSummer said:

Not to be too slow, but a return of 95% to 98% seems like a perpetually losing system. I wouldn't invest in a stock that has a guaranteed negative return of 2-5%. I'm level 67 and can create reasonably powerful units. I'm not short of food. So why in the world would I waste my time on battlegrounds?

It's like Vegas. After the House gets its cut, we're all losers.

Battlegrounds are a sub game. you do not have to do them.  However, for those looking for a way to obtain more powerful units at the cost of sacrificing lower cost units, its a great way to replenish your offense and defense.

I like to think of it like this.  BG's are taking $ 1 million in pennies, and converting it to $500k in paper money.  You're not going far attempting to transport and use that many pennies. aka   Sure, you can create thousands of archers and paladins, but simple math proves that the food vs offense/defense ratio of those units compared to griffs/dragons is a losing proposition.

dragon 2k attack for 4 food

paladin 80 attack for 1 food

1 dragon approx 25 paladins

4 food compared to 25 food

but, to each their own.

Mar 9, 2015, 19:3403/09/15
11/04/14

I see the point. But

warlock 1k attack for 3 food

paladin 80k attack for 1 food

1 warlock approximates 12.5 paladins

3 food compared to 12. 5 food

That's a significant gain. But:

1 dragon 2k attack for 4 food

2 warlocks 2k attack for 6 food

The better units you can create on your own, the less benefit to using battlegrounds, as far as I can see.

Mar 9, 2015, 20:1603/09/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14

SeriousSummer said:

I see the point. But

warlock 1k attack for 3 food

paladin 80k attack for 1 food

1 warlock approximates 12.5 paladins

3 food compared to 12. 5 food

That's a significant gain. But:

1 dragon 2k attack for 4 food

2 warlocks 2k attack for 6 food

The better units you can create on your own, the less benefit to using battlegrounds, as far as I can see.

I can see where this might be the case for some or many people.  Keep in mind, I am assuming that people will be utilizing all 4 troop construction tiers.  Seems a waste not to utilize the infantry and cavalry slots to build troops, unless you simply do not have the resources to keep the queue going 24/7.  In which case, you have a resource problem, and is something else entirely to add to this generalization.   In which case, you would then have to factor in a few other variables to provide a true min/max scenario.

Not to mention, the BG quest event runs bi-weekly providing you with valuable sapphires, extra troops and even soulstones as incentives to compete.

Mar 17, 2015, 09:2003/17/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:07(edited)
11/05/14

So... Im a newbee player, barely making wyverns on the second fb server and is really difficult for me to get enough resources to maintain my city building troops all the time. Im on lvl 30 bgs but, in order to attack some of those I have to gather a loooot of res and train a loooot of time between each attack, can someone be kind and tell me if bgs are a way to really grow on this game without having to spend real currency for sapphires? if thats the case, how do you professional gamers handle the big ones? Im just on lvl 30 when some people is on 100!!! and im suffering when for them is a piece of cake. I dont want to know if the prices are good or bad, I want to know HOW to attack them, even if is just to get the bg ranking achievement for my liege. You professionals tell us to check our strategy, so i'm asking you to please share some of your knowledge with us.

Mar 18, 2015, 02:3303/18/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:01(edited)
11/05/14

Yes if you know how to play them properly

Apr 13, 2015, 00:3504/13/15

I HAVE A QUESTION THEN. IS ANYONE WILLING TO SPEND A BIT OF TIME EXPLAINING THE BATTLEGROUNDS TO ME MORE? I HAVE TEAMSPEAK ON MY COMP IF THAT MAKES IT EASIER. I'D APPRECIATE IT MUCH.

THANK YOU

-REV-

Apr 13, 2015, 10:4004/13/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:02(edited)
11/05/14

I am usually attacking BG with a low ranking troops like Palladins or Reaver. I am usually building about 4k of Paladin to attack a BG and using them till all will die. But first you need to make them lvl 20 in Lost of Arts so they will be strong enough, also you can make them faster and reduce time of building in Obelisk of Power using your skull runes.

May 7, 2015, 15:0205/07/15
03/01/15

I'm hardly an expert on bgs, but I can say the primary utility (other than event rewards) in doing bgs is to convert weaker troops to stronger ones.  For higher levels able to produce the better troops themselves, I'm not sure if it saves them any resources to game the bg bank.  For me, bgs are profitable because the best troops I can make, even with technologies maxed, are still weaker than the unimproved versions of the better troops.  For higher level players, being able to control what troops you get (aka, making it yourself rather than gambling on bg) might make more sense.  For instance, fully improved golems are stronger than unimproved griffons.  A bg reward of golems would be awesome, but by comparison, a reward of griffons would suck.  

May 17, 2015, 13:4905/17/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:52(edited)
11/05/14

Plarium should share more information about BG's, because this way only less then 1% of the players understanding it.

I have searched the internet days and days for some guides, but they are not straightforward. I find this non-sense if the players cannot use it because of lack of informations. I spent lots of hours understanding it, but it is not fun anymore!

What I do not understand clearly:

1) Banking: only the spent (on troops) Gold+Iron counts towards banking or Food is included also? So if I want to calculate resources spent for a given level BG, I need to add Gold+Iron or Gold+Iron+Food? The Wiki and other guides are saying gold and iron, but I'm not sure on that. This is a very important information and it is missing! Plarium should clarify this!

2) When the bank is reset? Or never? The bank is continuous and when a troop reward arrives, the resource value is deducted from the currently accumulated bank value? Example: I have 1000 bank value, I receive reward 200 value troops, my bank value will be 800? Some says the bank will reset to zero when you get a troop reward. I suppose is not resets, only the awarded troops resources are deducted from the bank pot.

3) How can I find out what is the bank value required for a given BG level? Someone linked above the Infestation data (thanks for that), which would show aprox. the required bank value, but I have no idea how can I find out myself? How do I calculate the needed bank value for a given level BG? When I can stop sacrificing troops the get the maximum award from the highest BG?

I really hope someone can answer the questions (or some of them) above. Why is this secrecy about it, I do not understand it!

May 18, 2015, 16:2405/18/15
04/10/15

hi all

i will try to explain what i have found during months and months searching in fb and the net.

when i bank i count all resources including food (i think u have to include food at the moment you also get food in resources reward) i know some people does not include it but my playing and getting rewards goes, by now, in right way including it.

dont know if banks resets to zero in some moment (suppose it reset to zero in the moment ur reward is equal or almos equal to ur expenses) in the example in point 2 give by predrator in my calcs still 800 remains in my bank and go for the next reward adding that 800 in my expenses.

your point 3 predator i think is the real grial searching, lol i have spent a lot of time trying to get which amount is necesary for each level of bg's but nobody knows o nobody wants to share the info. the closest info i have found is from a russian guy and the calc he SELLS (O_O) in an fb page and it seems it works barely aprox. some people looks for info in fb battleground pages and looking for a level and its payout and calculate aprox. the payout f.e. if a level 45 pays arround 8.6 millions they spent that amount plus an x % more.

what i have noticed is most of people that controls bgs usually dont share the info to people they dont know or are not in their leagues or even if they know how to program excel sheets they try to sell you their app to control ur bg hittings. incredible.

hope this can help all you

regards

PS:sorry for my english. :p

May 20, 2015, 21:5205/20/15
Dec 29, 2018, 17:06(edited)
11/05/14

I will never claim to know everything. That said. Battle Grounds in Stormfall. Is one of the most, completed attack to gain battle points and to win Troops. I have ever seen in a game of this kind. The best any player can hope for, is winning troops. All players, Lords and Ladies will always win. battle points for each Battle Grounds mission. You may look up all of the info to help you calculate the win factor for all Battle Grounds missions. In the end. It comes down to, luck and a better understanding of the game mechanics.

May 23, 2015, 09:0005/23/15
Dec 29, 2018, 16:56(edited)
11/05/14

Sooner or later they will implement some modifications. I think they already changed the infestation data in Total Domination which is their equivalent of battlegrounds. Now you get a payout for every BG you clear. I am not sure if or when they will update Stormfall too.