All Categories

Alternative accounts and DID

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 25, 2017, 09:1503/25/17
10/31/14

Dissociative identity disorder(DID) is a mental disorder characterised by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately show in a person's behaviour, accompanied by memory impairment for important information not explained by ordinary forgetfulness.

Do not confuse DID, a condition when someone creates an entirely new person in his mind, with Schizophrenia. the later is when someone hears voices in his head, or from an otherwise inanimate being telling him he is an entirely new person. In DID a person is a passenger in his own body and not the driver. these might seem strange. 

But to understand it one will have to look at how it all begins. In the brain, the part of the brain that affects controls who we are is the frontal lobe. It controls things like organisations, personality and expression, behaviour and inhibition of genetic expression and metabolism. When a person has DID, either part of the frontal lobe is affected, temporal lobe, the parietal lobe or the occipital lobe. 

First of all, it is not normal, to be multiple characters. The are a set number of characters you can be in shortfall community. You can't possibly be Soldier in Anarchy and a marshal in KT. So having more than two people in one community ''stormfall'', a manifestation of DID. 

Another way of looking at is if you are a totally different persona online and in virtual reality. If you are a thief it makes sense to be a thief in an MMORPG. Although these might seem like a fallacy, It is the most acceptable concepts and is the most quoted in scientific papers and lectures when giving and example of DID 

How do I know I have DID

Since DID is a brain-related disease, one should look out for problems related to behaviour and expression. Do you have mood swings, eating problems, drug addiction (alcohol, nicotine, ect.), compulsion and rituals?

=Alternative accounts and DID goes hand in hand.

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 25, 2017, 09:5103/25/17
10/31/14
RandomDrop said:

Oracle said:

Alternative accounts and DID goes hand in hand.

Friend bonus is the main reason for an alt, not a pshycologigal disorder.
I am very interested in your thesis, although it lacks argument. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 26, 2017, 00:4703/26/17
10/04/13
RandomDrop said:

Oracle said:

Alternative accounts and DID goes hand in hand.

Friend bonus is the main reason for an alt, not a pshycologigal disorder.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, I know some people with a lot of personalities :P
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 26, 2017, 09:2703/26/17
10/04/13
RandomDrop said:

95% of all castles on this map are level 2, these are people that got suckered into it by an add and went... pffft.

75% are level 30 abandoned excluding bots. these are for friends bonus. seeing the obvious in this situation is no feat, this game is not coded to interrupt cheaters and in fact invites them.

This is beyond obvious and anyone that cant see it may be challenged in some way and not really sure how to show them.

They may even be physiologically challenged.
Unless they changed it you only need to get them to level 15 for the friend bonus.  There do seem to be a large number of low level castles, but plarium has been slowly removing them to make space. 
Mar 26, 2017, 14:3903/26/17
12/18/14

again I will say the house of unity was one of the main culprits to creating alternative accounts - the bonuses from them were worth it to some before all the new bonuses were added to the game - not to mention people wanted the extra resource production in order to build bigger armies when you would lose units do to negative food consumption

Mar 27, 2017, 05:0903/27/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

RandomDrop said:

95% of all castles on this map are level 2, these are people that got suckered into it by an add and went... pffft.

75% are level 30 abandoned excluding bots. these are for friends bonus. seeing the obvious in this situation is no feat, this game is not coded to interrupt cheaters and in fact invites them.

This is beyond obvious and anyone that cant see it may be challenged in some way and not really sure how to show them.

Unless they changed it you only need to get them to level 15 for the friend bonus.  There do seem to be a large number of low level castles, but plarium has been slowly removing them to make space. 
they should delete castles that been inactive after X days. + delete bots. then they should regulary CONDENSE the world to bring active players closer together... want pvp and watch the world burn? that is the way to go about it.
Mar 27, 2017, 08:2803/27/17
10/31/14

Jezebel said:

again I will say the house of unity was one of the main culprits to creating alternative accounts - the bonuses from them were worth it to some before all the new bonuses were added to the game - not to mention people wanted the extra resource production in order to build bigger armies when you would lose units do to negative food consumption

But how then do you explain those that didn't do it at all. I have 3 friends, 1 is very active. Is something wrong with me. The benefits are less when countered with the time it takes to completely build such a cattle. Level 15 can take 15 min or more if you are to put skill into it. 

Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 27, 2017, 08:3603/27/17
09/17/15

Interesting theory, but I guess it has nothing to do with DID. People like to play a role that is not available for them in real life. 

But as for alts, I guess players create them for additional benefits (like having more Rss, more Defense, spying upon other Leagues, etc).
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 28, 2017, 15:3403/28/17
Mar 28, 2017, 15:35(edited)
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

RandomDrop said:

they should delete castles that been inactive after X days. + delete bots. then they should regulary CONDENSE the world to bring active players closer together... want pvp and watch the world burn? that is the way to go about it.
That is a good idea, but it would involve moving players castles when they might not want to be moved so I can see some problems with it. 
Mar 28, 2017, 15:3703/28/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

RandomDrop said:

That is a good idea, but it would involve moving players castles when they might not want to be moved so I can see some problems with it. 
To that I say go big or go home....
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 28, 2017, 15:5103/28/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

RandomDrop said:

To that I say go big or go home....
I suppose they could just give a free castle teleporter to anybody whose castle they move, that way the person can go somewhere else if it really bothers them. 
Mar 28, 2017, 15:5603/28/17
12/18/14
Oracle said:

Jezebel said:

But how then do you explain those that didn't do it at all. I have 3 friends, 1 is very active. Is something wrong with me. The benefits are less when countered with the time it takes to completely build such a cattle. Level 15 can take 15 min or more if you are to put skill into it. 

it is no longer lucrative to complete it since there are many other ways that are less hassle to gain the resource bonuses but there was a time when people who wanted to have huge armies needed to complete it for the extra resource bonuses otherwise they would lose units due to negative food consumption - we no longer lose units due to negative food and I don't see Plarium changing that since there are so many people who have bought their huge armies 
Mar 30, 2017, 15:0703/30/17

My Lords,

what about suggestion that Plarium should delete castles that are inactive for X days?

I love that idea :)

Apr 1, 2017, 15:4304/01/17
Apr 1, 2017, 15:43(edited)
07/25/15
djmoody said:

Nemanja said:

My Lords,

what about suggestion that Plarium should delete castles that are inactive for X days?

Scrolling for miles to find another player might be a bit of a drawback.....

Marketing department might also feel it would male the 200m players lie a little bit too transparent.
no... delete and then you condense the world. let new players start in the outskirts. as for the 200 million players thing, that is a blatant lie, easy to see through.
BiohazarDModerator
Apr 2, 2017, 05:0404/02/17
Apr 2, 2017, 05:04(edited)
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

djmoody said:

Nemanja said:

My Lords,

Scrolling for miles to find another player might be a bit of a drawback.....

Marketing department might also feel it would male the 200m players lie a little bit too transparent.
no... delete and then you condense the world. let new players start in the outskirts. as for the 200 million players thing, that is a blatant lie, easy to see through.
200 million players would make them 20 times the size of world of warcraft, and if they were a country it would be the 6th largest in the world.  I think whoever posted that on the website didn't realize how big 200 million is. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.