All Categories

Master, your friendly archers next door....

Master, your friendly archers next door....

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Apr 24, 2017, 16:1204/24/17
05/14/16

Question... got to think about this one.

How does Master, selling stuff, effect the game play?

Coiners are going to coin, regardless. So who does it effect? Only one person is effected by the profit loss and that is Plarium. and then many complain how Plarium hoses you for money at every turn... So if Master didn't exist...do you really think that all of a sudden Plarium would reduce its costs for people?

Nope. Bottom line is coiners gonna coin. Whether or not people like Master exist. Hell.... as far as I am concerned Master IS Plarium
Apr 24, 2017, 16:2704/24/17
03/22/16
GoGo Knightmare said:

Coiners are going to coin, regardless. So who does it effect? Only one person is effected by the profit loss and that is Plarium. and then many complain how Plarium hoses you for money at every turn... So if Master didn't exist...do you really think that all of a sudden Plarium would reduce its costs for people?

Nope. Bottom line is coiners gonna coin. Whether or not people like Master exist. Hell.... as far as I am concerned Master IS Plarium

My proof is in my ticket to Support 44267. Did you send one or are you not concerned that someone is syphoning money and cheating Plarium so they in turn charge you more for in game purchases?
Apr 24, 2017, 16:3104/24/17
05/14/16

brunsonthomas said:

GoGo Knightmare said:

My proof is in my ticket to Support 44267. Did you send one or are you not concerned that someone is syphoning money and cheating Plarium so they in turn charge you more for in game purchases?

Not concerned to be honest... Its like the government...once they take a right away, never expect to ever see it again.

Same applies for charges for coin, since someone will still buy it, they wont change that either. Just reality.
Apr 24, 2017, 17:0604/24/17
08/03/15
As i cannot post a screenshot I will say that there has been an update and they DID find violations. 
Apr 24, 2017, 17:0704/24/17
08/03/15
They said that data had been "rechecked" and confirmed that what i said was true
Apr 24, 2017, 17:1204/24/17
03/22/16
scarlet said:

They said that data had been "rechecked" and confirmed that what i said was true
Beautiful. I'm glad to see they reevaluated and hoping that the Support tickets submitted also helped.
Apr 24, 2017, 17:4204/24/17
07/25/15
brunsonthomas said:

Plarium is only interested in charge us more regardless. Even they suddenly got 2 million active players spending, they still would charge what they do. Its a profit business above anything else. 
Apr 24, 2017, 22:5904/24/17
05/14/16

Gadheras said:

brunsonthomas said:

Plarium is only interested in charge us more regardless. Even they suddenly got 2 million active players spending, they still would charge what they do. Its a profit business above anything else. 

And as a profit 1st business they will charge what they think they can profit off of. Nothing wrong with that. But on the same note, people shouldn't  blame a black market being produced in response to that. Both are a direct cause and effect of each other.

Ying & Yang n ****. :)
Apr 26, 2017, 01:2304/26/17
08/03/15
They did offer to let me rebuy my troops at a 75% discount. I do not believe this is a fair offer in any way.
Apr 26, 2017, 02:0004/26/17
01/01/17

scarlet said:

They did offer to let me rebuy my troops at a 75% discount. I do not believe this is a fair offer in any way.

Well that's just Plariums way of profiting from the cheating that occurred.  They also just provided an incentive for other players to use 3rd party vendors to gain an unfair advantage because they have shown there is no negative consequence for doing so. The only downside, it appears, is that they will return Masters unused archers and other purchased defense so that he may resell them yet again.The player(s) who are harmed because Plarium refuses to enforce their own terms of agreement, have no recourse except to accept the losses caused by cheaters or spend additional money to buy back their stolen troops. Make no mistake, Scarlet's troops were stolen by a cheating player, who Plarium has caught red handed. The 75% buyback is no offer as Scarlet can always buy troops back when the normal discounts appear.

I have read several times in the past that many people actually believe Master is Plarium and it is just another way for them to profit from the game.

Our gaming community  must also understand that EVERYBODY is being cheated in every event that these 3rd party units are being used in because they are the other side of the equation. The bots that provide these units, rise in the ranks of the events, replacing honest people and take their awards instead. Those awarded troops are then resold again the cycle never ends.

Rumors are rumors but this is proof of these activities occurring. Unfair practices of this type, by both Plarium and 3rd party vendors, can be game killers.  I will no longer spend a single $ on this game until  Plarium rectifies this ongoing destructive problem. I would suggest that others do the same.

SD

Apr 26, 2017, 03:1404/26/17

djmoody said:

OMG this is laughable.

I checked out the Master account that send me the message the other day. 

It is in a bot ring of accounts stretching around the map called.... you guessed it "Master".

Seriously, I already suggested months ago that you simply ban the name Master from the game. Can he come back as something else, sure but at least that messes with his brand name and reduces his revenue and takes Plarium 5 minutes and 1 line of code to execute **

Plarium doesn;t even do simple quick and easy stuff, it's amazing.

** here it is in PHP (cause my coding experience is web based)

if ($username == "Master"){$failure = "15";}

Blow me down with a feather that was hard.

I am kind of assuming there is already checking of user names to prevent rude ones, too short, too long and ones already taken. So there must already be a check loop that returns the account creation page with an error if $failure is not empty. You just add type 15 to the array that contains the human description of the error to display - $errormessage['15']="Go Away Botter";

I like your thinking DJ. Surely it can't be that big a task to drop some code in the appropriate place. Have you shared these ideas with Support? Seems to me the Devs need a bit of a hand.

Like with most programming, you get a key developer leave the company, and they employ someone cheaper. Much of the knowledge of the programmer that left is lost in the ether, and the new devs struggle with even the simplest changes. Have seen it happen hundreds of times in my career. 

They end up either unwilling to make simple changes in case they cause other unexpected problems, or just plain lazy. I.e. "it is not my job to fix this or that, the previous programmer stuffed it". The result if often layer upon layer of errors in the code.

A good example of this is the phantom reports that support has been working on as long as I've been playing the game. Hell, even the support page doesn't take some in-game profile names.

Apr 26, 2017, 05:4304/26/17
08/03/14
master is female. she lives in Charlotte, NC USA.
Apr 26, 2017, 08:2104/26/17
Apr 26, 2017, 08:22(edited)
10/31/14

Lords and Ladies

Here we have proof that Plarium does care for its customers. A 75 % off its a generous offer, and if you put the fact that they will be a 75% revival deal soon, you might understand how generous the offer is. 

Should you have an issue, or you notice some form of illicit activity please report it to support. Refrain from giving your accounts information away, or buying from gold sellers. 

The are no working cheats, hacks, or resource producing hacks that work on the game. Plarium servers are 100% secure from such activities. So please refrain from buying from such sites, or people who promise they can give you such and advantage. Because all they will do is to steal your credentials and sell them at a profit to hackers who will in tern use those information to create accounts, hack government website and buy nuclear weapons in your name, and sell them to terrorists(revolutionaries). 

By also giving your information away you open your gaming to all sorts of security attacks that will in turn make your gaming experience miserable. Plarium will continue to work hard in order to make sure that their server continue to be secure against cheats. 

Apr 26, 2017, 13:5304/26/17
07/25/15

Oracle said:

Lords and Ladies

Here we have proof that Plarium does care for its customers. A 75 % off its a generous offer, and if you put the fact that they will be a 75% revival deal soon, you might understand how generous the offer is. 

Should you have an issue, or you notice some form of illicit activity please report it to support. Refrain from giving your accounts information away, or buying from gold sellers. 

The are no working cheats, hacks, or resource producing hacks that work on the game. Plarium servers are 100% secure from such activities. So please refrain from buying from such sites, or people who promise they can give you such and advantage. Because all they will do is to steal your credentials and sell them at a profit to hackers who will in tern use those information to create accounts, hack government website and buy nuclear weapons in your name, and sell them to terrorists(revolutionaries). 

By also giving your information away you open your gaming to all sorts of security attacks that will in turn make your gaming experience miserable. Plarium will continue to work hard in order to make sure that their server continue to be secure against cheats. 

I don't support 3rd party services in any way or form. But scare tactics doesn't work for a simple reason called paypal. You don't give away anything, and when they offer to give you the goods up front. Then what?

Also if you suffer from a game fault or flaw and get offered to rebuy your loss at 75% discount? That is still awfull. If I file for reinbursement for similar in like EVE. It get put back in my hangar, and the actual value could be several houndred usd worth if you do plex conversion. Had capital ships reinbursed before etc.
Apr 26, 2017, 17:3804/26/17
Apr 26, 2017, 17:39(edited)
08/03/15

Apr 26, 2017, 17:4004/26/17
08/03/15

Oracle said:

Lords and Ladies

All they are offering is to restore my troops to the infirmary once the 75% revive begins. I have 5X the number of troops already in my infirmary from doing bg's. What they are offering is ZERO help whatsoever.

Apr 27, 2017, 16:1204/27/17
12/18/14
I see they deleted the comments that suggested boycotting spending on the game - as usual Plarium's greed prevails!!
Apr 27, 2017, 17:5404/27/17
08/03/15
Wow!! I was wondering what happened?
Apr 27, 2017, 18:3004/27/17
07/02/15
Jezebel said:

I see they deleted the comments that suggested boycotting spending on the game - as usual Plarium's greed prevails!!
lmao wow. 
Apr 27, 2017, 18:4504/27/17
03/22/16

3.11. Share with the aim of inciting users, appealing to users to leave the game, encouraging them to abstain from buying in-game virtual currency, or posting fraudulent or abusive personal statements relating to the administrators and moderators or Plarium employees.

This is the rule that is posted that users of the Forum are not allowed to post the above topics for any reason. Moderators are simply doing their job removing comments that are inappropriate to the Forum.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.