All Categories

Master, your friendly archers next door....

Master, your friendly archers next door....

Search
Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Comments
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 29, 2017, 08:4803/29/17
09/17/15

We have implemented something similar in our new Mobile game. As an experiment. All inactive Castles disappear from the Map, so only active players stay. New players don't appear on the edge of the world, they appear where the whole fun and PvP is happening. I guess it's a positive thing.

However, it's a totally different mechanics, and implementing it in any other game would be very complicated. It would require a major redesign of some basic game features ans mechanics. And I'm not sure if our devs will agree to do that.

However, next week we're having a meeting with them and I will pass your suggestion :) Let's see what they say. Just remind Eugenia next week and she'll tell you what they answered :)
Mar 29, 2017, 08:5303/29/17
07/25/15
Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

Well, remove all inactives, clear out bots. Leaves a map of active players to interact with each other. Condense the map to bring all closer together. Let the carnage start. fun times...

If I am not mistaken after 21 months of playing this game you have 131k off and 18k def points. Your call for more pvp seems silly. You know no one is stopping you from pvping right now?

Frequency of pvp and units you willing to lose/risk. My last rather big one, cost me several months worth of unit build time, or if I rathed wanted to go to revive them in the market well over 100k sapphires. Which I don't want to sink into this game tbh. Doesn't change the fact I think the game need to be condensed and move active players closer together rather than wide range of desolate space.  People crying about need the inactive castles to raid for resources, make the game feel little more than farmville.
Mar 29, 2017, 08:5703/29/17
07/25/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

We have implemented something similar in our new Mobile game. As an experiment. All inactive Castles disappear from the Map, so only active players stay. New players don't appear on the edge of the world, they appear where the whole fun and PvP is happening. I guess it's a positive thing.

However, it's a totally different mechanics, and implementing it in any other game would be very complicated. It would require a major redesign of some basic game features ans mechanics. And I'm not sure if our devs will agree to do that.

However, next week we're having a meeting with them and I will pass your suggestion :) Let's see what they say. Just remind Eugenia next week and she'll tell you what they answered :)
It can't  be that hard? When you imported the kabam players over to Plarium, you didn't import all the inactives as well did you ?
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 30, 2017, 12:1203/30/17
09/17/15
Gadheras said:

It can't  be that hard? When you imported the kabam players over to Plarium, you didn't import all the inactives as well did you ?
We imported all players, and all Castles remained at their coords. 
BiohazarDModerator
Mar 30, 2017, 14:1503/30/17
10/04/13
Gadheras said:

Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

Well, remove all inactives, clear out bots. Leaves a map of active players to interact with each other. Condense the map to bring all closer together. Let the carnage start. fun times...

If I am not mistaken after 21 months of playing this game you have 131k off and 18k def points. Your call for more pvp seems silly. You know no one is stopping you from pvping right now?

Frequency of pvp and units you willing to lose/risk. My last rather big one, cost me several months worth of unit build time, or if I rathed wanted to go to revive them in the market well over 100k sapphires. Which I don't want to sink into this game tbh. Doesn't change the fact I think the game need to be condensed and move active players closer together rather than wide range of desolate space.  People crying about need the inactive castles to raid for resources, make the game feel little more than farmville.
Well travel time to any beacon/fortress/hamlet on the map is limited to one hour, so the size of the map isn't really that important.  I'd rather have easy castles to raid for res so I can build troops to fight when I want to fight than be crammed into a tiny map with only active players and no way to build troops without spending money. 
Mar 30, 2017, 19:4903/30/17
07/25/15
BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

Well travel time to any beacon/fortress/hamlet on the map is limited to one hour, so the size of the map isn't really that important.  I'd rather have easy castles to raid for res so I can build troops to fight when I want to fight than be crammed into a tiny map with only active players and no way to build troops without spending money. 
Its never about resources its about time it take to build units tbh, you can have full queus going for weeks. It take the time it does. Its poor game mechanic from Plariums side to use "dead/inactive castles and bots" as resource farms and content. 
Mar 30, 2017, 20:1703/30/17
12/18/14
Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

Its never about resources its about time it take to build units tbh, you can have full queus going for weeks. It take the time it does. Its poor game mechanic from Plariums side to use "dead/inactive castles and bots" as resource farms and content. 
so do you raid actives or inactives for resources????  personally it took a long time for me to scout out my inactive castles in my area, i like where i am and don't want to compete with the entire server for resources
Mar 31, 2017, 02:0303/31/17
07/25/15
Jezebel said:

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

so do you raid actives or inactives for resources????  personally it took a long time for me to scout out my inactive castles in my area, i like where i am and don't want to compete with the entire server for resources
I just take notice of who siege what, and over how long time they have their "personel" fifes, and then just raid them now and then. I do it without spying, as I dont want to give any early notice. Most of the time I get what I want. Sometimes I raid active players I know is from another time zone and wont have their def out. The issue stil is, if you got full queues its all about the time and not the resources. 
Apr 11, 2017, 19:4904/11/17
08/03/15

I could easily supply the coords of a player that has over 2 million lvl 1 archers bought off of Master defending his castle. Was a blast to see that when i sent a 40 million raid, i killed almost 700k of them. 

The funniest part was while i gained 685k in offensive pvp rankings, he gained 125k in defense. But over 70 slots were all of a sudden filled with bot castles in the rankings.
Apr 12, 2017, 08:3004/12/17
10/31/14
scarlet said:

I could easily supply the coords of a player that has over 2 million lvl 1 archers bought off of Master defending his castle. Was a blast to see that when i sent a 40 million raid, i killed almost 700k of them. 

The funniest part was while i gained 685k in offensive pvp rankings, he gained 125k in defense. But over 70 slots were all of a sudden filled with bot castles in the rankings.
700K achers. 
Apr 12, 2017, 11:0904/12/17
02/21/16
if you take away the Bots then plarium will have maybe 100,000 Players I think bots are an intended allowance regardless of the lip service being given as Plarium seems to have a very Lackadaisical enforcement policy when it comes to getting rid of them  
Apr 12, 2017, 13:5004/12/17
03/01/16
carolpringle59 said:

if you take away the Bots then plarium will have maybe 100,000 Players I think bots are an intended allowance regardless of the lip service being given as Plarium seems to have a very Lackadaisical enforcement policy when it comes to getting rid of them  
We're constantly working on different algorythms, which would help us to get rid of such Castles on the map automatically. However, I won't surprise anyone by saying that people who want to cheat will always find a way to cheat. That's why we're trying to update our workflows from time to time. And we appreciate help of players in reporting such accounts. We're interested in making the gameplay interesting for real players. 
Apr 12, 2017, 23:1004/12/17
03/20/14
scarlet said:

I would like to see the screenshot of that.
Apr 13, 2017, 15:0404/13/17
Gadheras said:

Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Gadheras said:

There is no point before Plarium show they are serious about deal with it.
Do you have any suggestions about that? How can we show it to you? We can't share the info about banned accounts with third parties, so maybe you have something else in mind? We would be happy to hear your ideas.
Once you start level the "feeder" bots to the ground, the ones that supplying all Master is selling. Removing them from the world, and we the players start take notice of bots vanishing, you will see we get more inclined to help report bots as we find them too. I know there is a lot of players that use these bots as raid content and resource cows as well, but for sake of the greater good of the game, they need to go. Then Plarium have to figure up some other content for players to get resources from, expand on hamlets or what not.
new content,  pve resource gathering content, preferably instanced to the individual.  not an expansion of any wasted resource sinks.  
Apr 13, 2017, 15:4904/13/17

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

so would you say that you agree that there needs to be new content that is resource gathering, this content created by plarium not a third party, and would it be good for it to be instanced to the individual so that it is participation and not quarreling with other players that count, even make it reasonable pve. starting at small and rising to much higher troops,  the resources gathered depending on the level of conquest, but in the end after the activity, it is a growth path and not a resource sink?  why do i give so much away for free?

and then afterwards compete with other players across the map?
Apr 13, 2017, 15:5404/13/17

Gadheras said:

BiohazarD said:

Gadheras said:

Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

i agree with ques, more ques would be needed, and yes plarium needs to change its vision and direction towards creating growth paths, not relying on a third party

Apr 13, 2017, 17:0604/13/17
10/31/14

Stewart_KT1 said:

scarlet said:

I would like to see the screenshot of that.

I second that, 7I just want to see 700 K archers. How they will look on the screenshot. I will be scared to see 700 000 X 30 defense ( 21 million defense in archers alone without boost, it can be over 30 mil in defense. 

While you are at it, please provide all useful evidence to support, so that the security team will investigate. a screenshot will suffice. Should you feel like not doing it yourself you can provide me with the screenshot and I will report it to support. 
Apr 13, 2017, 17:0804/13/17
10/31/14
Stormfall said:

Gadheras said:

I have  been Gadheras neighbor and I assure you, even if back then I was an Emperor I left him alone. He rule the neighborhood. Plus he get to enjoy the game in a different way. PvP is fun, but they are other fun stuffs in the game. 
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.