Moderators for Stormfall: Age of War wanted
Mar 22, 2017, 20:2003/22/17
03/16/16

SCAM - SPAM mail

I got this scam/spam mail today.
Server: The Dark Plains
Player name "Master" 
his kord: -2674 / -2759

[17:16] Master: The Spring Special is here! Receive 20% OFF Archers when you order 100k Archers or more. There is something for everyone at Plarium Club.

Visit us today at www.plarium.space

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 22, 2017, 20:2503/22/17
03/22/16

Svend said:

Player name "Master" 

[17:16] Master: The Spring Special is here! Receive 20% OFF Archers when you order 100k Archers or more. There is something for everyone at Plarium Club.

Please send a ticket to Support at https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Mar 22, 2017, 20:5203/22/17
12/18/14
we all get them - i have blacklisted so many master accounts the efforts are futile - this has been on going and i am sure its been reported repeatedly the issue is they just make a new master acct to send the spam from
Mar 22, 2017, 21:0403/22/17
03/22/16
Jezebel said:

we all get them - i have blacklisted so many master accounts the efforts are futile - this has been on going and i am sure its been reported repeatedly the issue is they just make a new master acct to send the spam from
I have submitted over ten tickets myself over master and his spam each castle on each server needs to be reported to have each account terminated.
Mar 22, 2017, 21:0903/22/17
12/18/14
brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

I have submitted over ten tickets myself over master and his spam each castle on each server needs to be reported to have each account terminated.
yeah i can black list that castle its way easier than sending a ticket and when a new one surfaces it gets black listed as well - its pointless to keep terminating these accts unless you can get to the root of the problem and block the person creating them from making new ones so until Plarium can do that I will just black list them
Mar 22, 2017, 21:1303/22/17
Mar 22, 2017, 21:20(edited)
12/18/14

http://prntscr.com/en9gz8

here you go if you are inclined to report them - obviously they haven't been deleted in the past since i have 3 of them in my black list

http://prntscr.com/en9jpk   there is a whole line of them on the -2760 line and just south of that a whole new line of level 17 bots

so if you are looking for a new bot line somewhere keep an eye in that area!! 

Mar 22, 2017, 21:3603/22/17
03/16/16

Jezebel said:

brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

yeah i can black list that castle its way easier than sending a ticket and when a new one surfaces it gets black listed as well - its pointless to keep terminating these accts unless you can get to the root of the problem and block the person creating them from making new ones so until Plarium can do that I will just black list them

That can be done if Plarium blok the IP adress and not just the account.
Or they get a activ players jobbet wiht it, for a small amount of reward and acces to do it.
You ofc never get rid of such crap, because somehow there are always some that fall for the scam.

Mar 22, 2017, 21:3703/22/17
03/16/16
brunsonthomas said:

Svend said:

Player name "Master" 

Please send a ticket to Support at https://plariumsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

You got the info plzz pass it to the right people, your ticket system are really bad.
Alyona KolomiitsevaCommunity Manager
Mar 23, 2017, 10:3603/23/17
09/17/15
Svend said:

You got the info plzz pass it to the right people, your ticket system are really bad.
Could you please describe what kind of issues do yo have with our Support system?
Mar 25, 2017, 11:4603/25/17
08/22/15

brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

Thomas have you gone back and looked at the ten you have reported? the 3 I have reported are ALL STILL THERE.

Its a waste of our time reporting them. The same as with the bots that supply what the Masters are selling.
Mar 25, 2017, 11:4803/25/17
08/22/15
Alyona Kolomiitseva said:

Svend said:

Could you please describe what kind of issues do yo have with our Support system?
Are you joking Alyona? Have you ever tried to use it?
Mar 27, 2017, 09:2803/27/17
09/17/15
Rosconz said:

Are you joking Alyona? Have you ever tried to use it?
I did. That's why I asked what kind of issues you have. So I could help you and guide you through the process.
Mar 29, 2017, 02:5603/29/17
Mar 29, 2017, 02:57(edited)
03/01/17
Yes, one popped up today in my inbox. Getting tired of them. You could block this user, but when they send the same spam from several other new accounts, that block won't work. So they spam you and troll you at the same time.

Svend said:

Jezebel said:

brunsonthomas said:

Jezebel said:

That can be done if Plarium blok the IP adress and not just the account.
Or they get a activ players jobbet wiht it, for a small amount of reward and acces to do it.
You ofc never get rid of such crap, because somehow there are always some that fall for the scam.

Sounds good, but there is a flaw. In todays society I doubt anyone has a static IP address. If a dynamic address, then it is easy to get around a block (call ISP for a new address/restart modem). If static, one could look the whole IP range and do a block that way. Though that may be hard, since they may block future customers in the process.

Mar 29, 2017, 09:1803/29/17
09/17/15
I don't remember any case when we blocked someone by IP. Too risky.
Mar 29, 2017, 15:5103/29/17
02/21/16
maybe a red flag for all Master Accounts is in order where that name is Banned or a report to the accounts ISP for abuse
Mar 30, 2017, 12:2803/30/17
09/17/15
carolpringle59 said:

maybe a red flag for all Master Accounts is in order where that name is Banned or a report to the accounts ISP for abuse
We cannot inform other players of account bans. This information is confidential.
Apr 2, 2017, 01:0904/02/17
03/16/16

Svend said:

i cant explain, but it take ages to report something, i dont hav that time to help you.
Anyway now i got a new from a league spammer.
http://prnt.sc/erd1kw
you got the info, do something or not.
the player get blocked and his Marshal get informed.
Apr 2, 2017, 03:1704/02/17
Apr 2, 2017, 03:18(edited)
08/22/15

carolpringle59 said:

We cannot inform other players of account bans. This information is confidential.
Why? The 'Master' accounts are not human. They are set up and controlled by computers. Why should you extend human confidentiality rights to machines?
Apr 3, 2017, 13:5204/03/17
09/17/15
Rosconz said:

carolpringle59 said:

Why? The 'Master' accounts are not human. They are set up and controlled by computers. Why should you extend human confidentiality rights to machines?
All accounts are created by humans, even if they're alts :)
Apr 4, 2017, 12:3004/04/17
08/22/15
You REALLY believe that? 
Apr 4, 2017, 14:2204/04/17
Apr 4, 2017, 14:37(edited)

its one of three scenarios 

1) plarium only bans the accounts 

( but their creators manage to regain access or they are really fast creating and leveling up more accounts )

if it is true that they are fast at creating and leveling those accounts in short time then the CM's claims that the game has no cheats is false

and you know what supports the claim that they might be able to regain access its this 

https://plarium.com/forum/en/stormfall-age-of-war/game-discussion/37564_oberon-protects-bot-castle-/

obviously those bots were long ago and came back after a while ( earning protection )

2) the creators of these accounts found a way to bypass plarium investigation procedures ( which i would expect )

besides really they cant put alot of effort for each and every report ( its probably just take a look and move thing ) because well there are lots of other things the devs care about such as 

developing new features / implementing players feedback and stuff ,,,,,

also with millions of players the security department must be on edge all day monitoring the huge activity those players would generate Right ?? lol 

3) plarium does nothing about them because well Bots are the true reason raiding still exists in this game  

( the above is not just for master but also for bots in general )